[My] Life in Wisconsin

Dirty. Dirty. DIRTY!

Originally posted to my 360 blog, Saturday June 17, 2006 - 07:39am (CDT)


Dirty. Dirty. DIRTY!
 magnify

Good Morning to All;

   The photograph shows exactly what happens when the temperature reaches 93 degrees in the shade, and Punkin goes for a swim in the pool. It is of course what happens AFTER all of that... when she then decides she would like to play and roll in the old flower bed!   (And still another polish bath to be had before we got to go to bed for the evening)!

   West  Side Power came to relieve me of my brand new lawn tractor.  Image  I had checked the gas, (thankfully), before I had fired it up, and there was crap in the tank???  Looked like cardboard to me, and when Jim looked at it he said it appeared to be oil- I called them, and they brought me an older riding mower to use while they figure out exactly what is in there, and get it all cleaned out. (Oh well, with the unit they brought me, at least I can cut the lawns).  I sure won't enjoy that too much today as the temps will be near to 90+ once more.  One extreme or the other- Just like last summer... I do hate the heat along with the humidity.   And the storms that this weather brings...

    We had a scare with Amos-Kitty too. On Thursday morning he laid on the basement stairway, and tried to catch his breath for ever so long- He has had many episodes like this, and I always put off calling the vet- putting off the inevitable and all.  But seeing him like that, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I called the vet, and made an appointment to see what he thought.  As it turns out, the vet did an x-ray because listening to Amos' lungs sounding SO bad- and in all 4 quadrants of them too-  The xray came back negative for anything real disastrous- Amos is now being treated simply for asthma.  I just give him a little pill morning and night.  Dr. Spires also suggested that is why he doesn't eat or drink much, has been losing so much weight, and goes and hides in the basement.     The prednisone (steroid) will make him hungry(er) and thirsty (er), and maybe put a few of those pounds back on the old kitty!  I am so happy they didn't want to put him down. While we are never ready to do something like that, I think euthanizing him when his time comes is far better for him than letting him just waste away too...

   Yes, I did go in for a shot thursday afternoon... and yes I felt much better yesterday already- (Especially after the almost 15 hours of sleep I had gotten)!  I fell asleep shortly after I had eaten my sandwich that night- after I had gotten the shot... (It always knocks me out).  But I sure didn't mean to be leaving Miss Milly and SaraBelle out, (on their tie-outs), and that I also let Miss Punk have the run of the back entrance. Oops. Casey put everybody where they belonged then when she got back from Jamies volleyball game. 

   I'd better close for now- maybe go vacuum out the basement, as the vet said that the dust will aggravate Amos' asthma. It is the least I can do for him. I don't have much carpeting around the house to hold the dust, (and Lord knows I still get down on my knees often enough to get rid of the dirt on the floors). Hope this helps him out a bit.

   Have a grand weekend!

XOXO
Anna-Anna


Saturday June 17, 2006 - 07:39am (CDT)

1 comment:

  1. Punk still loves to roll in the dirt or muddy water..hehe

    ReplyDelete