[My] Life in Wisconsin

Sean Klein; "Crazy Hot"

(thank you Connie)

.

.

Good Morning Everyone;
I have a few moments to share a few words from my godson, Sean. As he is currently serving in Iraq.

He has sent a few pictures and words for us too.

.

From Sean:

"I just want to let you know those orange pictures are the sandstorm during the day. Thats like when its goin' hard. I was amazed when I saw it.
The one with me standing there is when its dying down.
I actually walked through it. Sand stings when its blowing around that fast. And yeah you can use my pictures, I dont mind at all.
I'm gonna take some pictures from around where I am right now one of these days.
This place isnt that special.
I'll take a ride on one of the buses and get over to where the airfield is and take some pix of the unmanned aircraft. Those are the planes they use for recon.

Hot doesnt even describe how warm it was here yesterday.
It was 125 with the heat index. Crazy hot.

Take care.
Tell the family I said hello.
I'll be stopping in when i come home in november.
Miss ya guys."

.

.

Sean, being 'sandblasted'...

.

.

during the storm...

.

.

Thank you Sean!

This, also from Sean:

"...yes everyone can start sending me stuff if they want to. I'm now at that lovely address in iraq..."

PV2 KLEIN, SEAN
13CSSB/20TH QUARTERMASTER
APO-AE 09391

Please write, send ...

~~~~

Having grown up sans computers I am SO happy that we now have the internet to be able to see pictures and to hear from our guys!!!

****I wrote the following words last Memorial Day...

"As many of you already know I am both very deeply Christian, and exceedingly patriotic too-

Having lived through the entire Vietnam War, and era; and seeing images and names flashed on the old black and white televison set in my younger days...

I have not forgotten...

I am sorry that this bloody "conflict" in Iraq is ongoing, but like the song says, we must all stand together...

God Bless America...

And grow up for Gods sakes, when you hear the National Anthem...



REMOVE ANY NON-MILITARY ISSUE HEADGEAR.


  • STAND UP.
  • SHUT UP.
  • PUT YOUR RIGHT HAND OVER YOUR HEART- OR
  • SALUTE YOUR FLAG.
  • KNOW THE WORDS-
  • (and try to learn WHY they were written)...
  • SHOW RESPECT FOR THE FLAG-
  • FOR OUR VETERANS...
  • AND PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE SERVING US
  • and PRESERVING OUR FREEDOMS
  • AS WE SIT HOME AND WRITE/READ/THINK/PRAY...

.

.



Love to all!

XOXO
Anne

.


This OUGHT to quiet us all down, for awhile anyway...
Stolen from CLICK HERE.

.

.


Originally posted to my Y! 360, Monday May 26, 2008 - 10:08am (CDT)

9 comments:

  1. lost one son already and just hoping not to lose the other one. just want the farce over with at this point. good luck and god bless your god-son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd like this whole "war" thing to be over too...so no more people have to be killed. Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always saluted by putting my hand over my heart; sitting during the National Anthem is NOT an option unless one is in a wheelchair; I know ALL of the words; I know WHY the song was written; I know the history behind the song; I've lost military family members in every war but this one, and that's only because right now no one is active duty (too old).

    God Bless ALL of our men and women in uniform. We should NOT be over there...imho.

    I'm going to steal your stolen picture and post it on my page. It's the best one I've seen...surpassing the one's I used to have.

    Have a great day and a safe one.

    God Bless America.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good reminder for many.. Maybe we should send those considerations to the Obama camp.. I dont think he knows.

    It is extremly hot in Iraq.. and those guys go no place with out full gear...
    I will be sure to start a box for him and get in touch with those that I know who send stuff to the guys.

    For those that dont know.. those little gatoraid packets.. are perfect for the canteens and are very appreciated along with hand wipes. Dont send chocolate.. it melts in the package. Also hygene products are very appreciated, Remember theres no corner store for these guys. Phone cards so they can call their loved ones..It can be very expensive. Sometimes they get phone privaleges but they have to go across the base and they cant go alone. So a phone card to use the closer phones are great.

    You can get a box from the post office.. one price no matter how heavy. I think its 8 or 9 bucks.. These guys really appreciaate even a card to let them know we are thinking of them and are standing beside them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Sean, for all he does for his country and sharing this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,,, Just wanted to say I decided to join the Soldiers Angels,, a group that writes to service men and sends packages. I adopted a Soldier and guess what? I got Seans name. I had heard that sometimes you can google the address and find out where they are stationed but I decided to google his name instead and look where it took me!! I was so excited to see a pic of him and to get an idea of who I will be writing too. If you can add anything about his needs while he is in Irag please email me at acgreat@yahoo.com. Thank you for sharing his story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy to hear this!
    How cool!
    I will let you know if I hear anything. (He writes to Casey more than I). hehehe

    I shall steal from Connie, above,

    "For those that dont know.. those little gatoraid packets.. are perfect for the canteens and are very appreciated along with hand wipes. Dont send chocolate.. it melts in the package. Also hygene products are very appreciated, Remember theres no corner store for these guys. Phone cards so they can call their loved ones..It can be very expensive. Sometimes they get phone privaleges but they have to go across the base and they cant go alone. So a phone card to use the closer phones are great."

    Thank you for letting me know!
    You are an angel!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete