[My] Life in Wisconsin

7/25/08 WE ARE HOME~ & ~Update


_____________________

Added 7-24-08

Hi all...
I dropped Casey at her apartment- (Greg was waiting with open arms of course)!
She is tired- And more than a bit let down.

I share her sentiments...

Those of you that she had cell numbers for texting have already been updated by Casey.

She did not receive good news. But not necessarily bad news either. (I might be in a bit of denial here too)...
But we still have hope- 
(Remind me I said that if I ever forget)...

We go back in August for an EUS. (Endoscopic Ultrasound).

Love to all. Hope all is well with all of you.
I am beat.
Will check in tomorrow morning.


XOXO
Anne
______________________

Added 7-23-08...


Please visit Casey's new blog for updates.
(click on word "Casey's", above)


XOXO
Anne

______________________

7-23-08

Love to you all for your prayers and love sent.
With our stop at Froedtert and a few more records that they were STILL unprepared for, we arrived in Rochester early yesterday afternoon, and are tucked away in the hotel for a few moments more as we wait to find our way around Mayo's maze.

Will let you know how that all goes.
Casey has boxes and boxes of stuff, records, diagnosis', slides, etc...
(Hope we don't have to carry those things TOO far)!

Have a wunnaful Tuesday... (I'll get to 10 Thought Tuesday later). 

Love to all
XOXO
Me

______________________

Hi Everyone,
Not too much news around here...

But we will be leaving tomorrow...
First to Froedtert, who (in their own wonderful style) completely "effed~up" Caseys request for ALL of her records there.
She must hand deliver them all to Mayo, and at Froedtert, one hand knows not what the other is doing...

After I raise hell there, and we get what we came for, we will be heading to Rochester.
Mayo!
(Yes, you may start singing now)!
hehehe

Here is Sweet Pea's rendition, (sang to the tune of Day-o)...

from Jul 15
take a deep breath now...

May-o, May-ay-ay-o
Daylight come and she wan' go eat
Duh, Dr St Mary say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh-uh-uh-o
Daylight come and she wan' go eat

Work all night on a drink a'water
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
clutch the belly till morning come
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

Come, Mr. Mayo Mon, belly make better
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Come, Mr. Mayo Mon, belly make better
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

It's six day, seven day, eight day, BRUNCH!
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Six day, seven day, eight day, BRUNCH!
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

May, Dr say May-ay-ay-o
(daylight come and she wa'n go eat)
Duh, Dr St Mary say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh

(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

A beautiful brunch a'food cooked by mama
(daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Hide thee Deadly Doctor of St Mary
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

It's six day, seven day, eight day, BRUNCH!
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Six day, seven day, eight day, BRUNCH!
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

May, Dr say May-ay-ay-o
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Duh, Dr St Mary say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh, Dr say duh

(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

Come, Mr. Mayo Mon, belly make better
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
Come, Mr. Mayo Mon, belly make better
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)

May-o, May-ay-ay-o
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)
May, Dr say May, Dr say May, Dr say May, Dr say May, Dr say May-ay-ay-o
(Daylight come and she wan' go eat)...


I am still laughing!!!

~~~XXXXX~~~
This posting
is private,
and if you will look above you will see who I chose to share this with
.
Some people I simply do not trust.
Some never come to my blog anyway.
Some are just nosy.
Some have contact with others that I don't care to have knowing I am gone...

In all seriousness, and although we have waited a LONG time to get CaseyAnne to Mayo, I don't mind sharing with you that I am scared sh*tless for what will happen now.
My own godawful fear of the unknown if you will...

It is this fear that has kept me from including Casey in this missive. That would go against any positive thinking that she needs right now.

I have heard nothing but good things about Mayo.
We will share our own version as it unfolds.

Oops.
Hmmm....
At this point in time I can truthfully say that I have no idea where my darn laptop is.
(Hopefully it is in the bedroom closet where I usually keep it)...

She is to be there on the 22nd.
I left the extra day to reserve for any possible car malfunctions, anxiety attacks, and anything else that might throw a wrench into her appointment.
It is too important to miss
.

They told her to plan for at least a 3-5 day stay.
Speaking with a few others, they said to plan for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Like I said, "the unknown"...

The Punkster will be going with us.
Miss Milly will remain here; with Randy and Miss Kelli to keep an eye out every day.
...And I have wonderful neighbors too.
Family made them relatives; luck made them friends as well.


I will be checking in as often as possible, even today- I still have much to do before we leave.
Packing.
Cleaning.
Packing.
Cleaning.
Packing.
Laundry.
Packing.

And a trip to Petco too as Miss Milly might be needing her food before we return.

And life goes on I suppose.

Hopefully you have seen the new pictures of Big Sam on Miss Marucks blog... (Link is the first link shown).

I am so glad to have Marie in my life and in my heart. I can leave town a bit more peacefully knowing that he is in the most capable and loving hands.
She sees Master Gabriel a lot too.

I'd better close for now. (Did I mention that I still have to pack)?

Please wish Casey well.
And keep those prayers coming...

Love to all.

XOXO
Anne

71 comments:

  1. I'm excited! Praying hard. Don't forget the chill pills. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're off to see the Wizard!
    Good Luck.Keeping my fingers crossed & asking The Man for a bit of help!
    Love you
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored to be among the few people you can trust with this. Mum's the word.

    I will keep you, Casey and everyone involved in my thoughts and prayers. Let's home now she can really find out just what the heck is wrong! She's waited a long time for this.

    Now, go, run like the wind....find that laptop so you can keep us posted on how things are going. If I may, I'd like to put Casey on the prayer list on my prayer group. Please let me know if this is ok with you AND miss casey. I won't give any details or anything...just what they need to know and that would be that miss casey is very ill and could use all the prayers we can send up to the Lord!

    NOW RUN, GET THAT PACKING DONE, FIND THAT LAPTOP, TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!!

    BTW---- I loved the little dittie too...that was too funny!!!! As they say, laughter is the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you Sweet Bug

    And do have fun at The Wizard...

    ?

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Pam;

    You do put a smile on my face here...
    Of course you may add CaseyFace to the prayer group!
    (Sorry, I didn't mean that for people that have no idea, or access)...
    Greg is going to install a camera here anyway. So that will help out immensely too.

    I CAN'T RUN TO SAVE MY LIFE right now-
    My damned back even keeps me from getting my mail.
    ...Anyone that has ever gone out to get the mail here KNOWS that they take their lives in their hands to do so.
    One of the problems with living in the boonies is having a 55 MPH speed limit.
    (Translate that to about 70 for most vehicles).

    I loved the song too!
    Too cute, and I had to share!
    hehehe

    Bet many will be singing all day now...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just added Miss Caseyface to the prayer list on my prayer group. May God's angels ride on your shoulders on your journey for answers!!! Please let miss casey know she is in my thoughts and prayers!

    Godspeed to ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time has finally come!! YEAH!! Three days or five weeks - whatever it takes to "heal" Miss Casey. I'll be sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way, and they won't stop until Casey is better. I know once she's safely tucked in at Mayo you'll be able to rest well knowing she's in good hands and will soon be on the road to recovery. Drive safe, be well, and let us know something as soon as you're able to. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted a little blog for Miss Caseyface! don't worry, that blog is set to contact's only. I don't think I have anyone on my list that is "questionable" if there is PLEASE let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!
    I have never been away from home that long!!! (See my comment on your latest blog)!
    hehehe
    (Nor has Punk been away from her Mama Milly either)...

    OMG!
    I am so scared.
    I don't think it falls under this saying, but it keeps popping in my head anyway.
    "Be careful what you wish for."
    And it's not even appropriate...

    From your heart to Gods ears.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  10. Never fear... I trust your judgment Sweet Pam.

    The blog is a beautiful one!
    I thank you again.

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too Anne have Casey in my prayers....hoping that all is going to be well sending lots of love and healing thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's reasonable to be apprehensive and nervous. But rest assured you'll finally have the answers you've been searching for, and that's always better than not knowing.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Thank you Sweet Toni!
    (And I am trusting that last night went well for you too)?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet RT...
    I do know that to be true...
    But I worry anyway.

    I am almost afraid to even 'hope' at this point, knowing how many times she has been let down.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend, never lose HOPE! Hope and faith is what helps get us through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Pam-
    Your friends are (almost) as kind and thoughtful as my own.
    Their thoughts, comments on your own blog, are precious to me.

    I haven't lost hope or Faith... Just afraid to hope is all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our prayers are with Casey too!!! Have a safe trip. Will try to keep you updated on how things are going here.
    I keep telling Samuel that auntie Casey isn't feeling good right now, but that she is going to be all better in a while so that he can see her. (I just get grunts and crossed eyes to that though). Don't worry, everything will all work out. It always does in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Marie!
    Thank you so much for commenting.
    I giggled at those crossed eyes, and grunts...
    Have to run into town for a few things,

    You are right, I shouldn't worry.
    I just do anyway... Even knowing that everything happens for a reason

    Love to all.
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwwwwwwww Anne there is nothing on earth scarier than the unknown..please try to not fret over what you can't control...Casey has come this far and this is a good thing..Finally MAYO!!!

    I suppose her stay will depend on what needs to be done..I'm sure it's different for everyone..

    PLEASE remember that if you need ANYTHING and I mean that..let me know asap!!!..I'll help in anyway I can...

    Much love and lots of prayers for you and yours Anne..You are the bestest!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anne,
    I hope you dont mind my sharing but today when I think of Casey this song keeps coming to mind...especially the second verse!
    **********************************************

    Trading My Sorrows ~ Darrell Evans

    I'm trading my sorrow
    I'm trading my shame
    I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

    I'm trading my sickness
    I'm trading my pain
    I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

    Chorus:
    And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
    Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
    Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

    I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
    Struck down but not destroyed
    I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
    And his joy's gonna be my strength

    Though the sorrow may last for the night
    His joy comes with the morning

    ****************************************

    May his Joy be enough strength to carry you both through this time and may your journey find endless blessings!

    Love to you....many prayers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet Anne,
    I am praying for you and Casey. Each day I check your blog and even when I don't comment please know that I send up prayers to our heavenly father for everyone! May God wrap his sweet fatherly arms around you, hold you close and keep you safe on your travels. May he give the Doctors all of the wisdom and power to heal Casey for forever and may he also shine brightly on Sam, Gabriel, & Marie. Even though God tells us to fear not, I think maybe he means it's ok to be scared but know that he is beside us through every trial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not to bad for a novice...I was a little nervous but next time I know what to do better

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love ya both and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Smoochies....

    Texted Casey my thoughts....

    I am scared for what they might find but more scared for what they might not... I have heard and seen the most wonderous stories from people going there so I have faith that they will fix our little pin cushion....


    Keep me posted, I will keep sending good cheer to her cell...


    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet Wyck;
    Even as I woke this morning I woke with trepidation...
    I am SO weird that way.

    I know she will be in good hands... Just hoping she doesn't get her hopes dashed again.

    I thank you for your wonderful offer too. (And yes, I will probably be picking your brain, if nothing else).

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet Beth;
    I had come here yesterday afternoon, read this, and couldn't even think, let alone comment.
    This is just such a beautiful song! And you are right, we need to turn it over, and have Faith.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet Yoyo;
    You have a beautiful way with words and prayers.
    And I love ya for that too!

    I can only hope that is exactly what God means with 'fear not.'
    I'm afraid of losing her.
    Driving home alone.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  28. Sweet Toni;
    I am sure everything went well. (This, since everybody is their own worst critic).
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  29. Thank you Sweet Deb;
    I know you do, and I know they are.
    (Now behave while we are gone)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  30. Sweet Pea,
    What you have said above so perfectly sums it all up.
    I have heard nothing bad about Mayo either.
    We shall see if everybody is right then!
    hehehe


    XOXO
    Me

    What about MY cell?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE that song - and laughed my way through it - because in my head, I could hear the Caribbean voices singing along, instruments the lot!

    Travel safe, all of you. I hope it all goes well.

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so happy that you and Casey may finally get the diagnosis and treatment that she has been waiting for for so long. Good Luck and Travel Safe. Let me know if you need anything, feeding Milly, getting the mail, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good luck to both of you and I'm certain they will find the answers for Casey!! Drive careful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh, sorry will send good cheer to yours as well...


    ReplyDelete
  35. I have heard the Mayo is a wonderful place.. I have nothing but hearsay to go by though and their wonderful web site. which I use very often. Its only rival is WebMD.

    Love the song!

    I sure hope you find your laptop.. otherwise I may be bothering you on the phone. hehe

    You both will be in my prayers and thoughts.. Be Safe and dont forget the camera!

    beepluvsbart.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet Mrs. G.;

    I love that song too, but ONLY Belafontes version... Mostly I am kind of Republican that way and don't like remakes...
    hehehe

    So far, so safe. Caseys appointment is early this afternoon.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  37. Sweet Angel Katie;
    First of all, to thank you publicly. You are such a godsend to my heart.
    I will email you shortly. Please check your inbox soon.

    Love to all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweet Lisa,
    To thank you for your kindness and for your own hope too.

    Your dogs called. They wanted to ride along.
    I said no.
    Now they are skulky. Please take them swimming today.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  39. My Sweet Beep!
    Funny I use webmd too! And never thought to use Mayo.

    Weird that way

    Say "YAY!" Seems I found my laptop, eh?
    hehehe
    Now all I have to do is figure on how to upload my pics in here. Usually they waited fine til I got home.
    Not sure if they will this time.

    You too, will have to check your email

    XOXO
    Me

    bartluvsbeep.com

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  40. Prepare yourself for a ton of phone calls from those bad girls...They're going to the kennel today so my family and I can have a short vacation on Whidbey Island for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  41. hehehe

    Shall I shut my phones off?
    (Maybe they won't be able to call from there)?
    You all have a real great time and enjoy that vacation!!!
    You deserve it!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yeah, come down to Galveston, TX. Supposed to have beautiful weather... Dolly says so.

    ReplyDelete

  43. You are all so very good to/for us.

    Love.

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dolly is the hurricane about to descend on Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Anyone care to drive to the coast with me?? We could surf.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I hope to god that they can finally tell you something. I have been praying for her. I hope every thing goes well. Drop me a memo and let me know as soon as you find out.

    Love you all
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  47. would be one of the few times you can surf the Rio Grande....


    ReplyDelete
  48. I think that's already a sport in Mexico. In the U.S. we call it illegal immigration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I will be praying that they find something that they haven't found before. Good luck on your trip. Many prayers and well wishes are coming your way.

    Lots of love to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have you both in my prayers!!! I hope you have a great trip and PLEASE keep us informed...

    ReplyDelete

  51. Nope.
    Not me.
    I just drove to Rochester... Maybe send some surf to the Northern Mississippi??

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank You Sweet Darla;
    You type real good with your fingers crossed...
    And do give Mr. Dalton a huge hug and a smooch from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  53. sok....

    Been hearing about it all day, Miss Rita is in the path...

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you Sweetie...
    So far, so good? er, I think...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  55. Don't forget there's a big ol bookstore at Mayfair and you have 2 buddies who work there if you need a shoulder or some encouragement. Be safe and know you're in my prayers.
    Peace - Khoolaid

    ReplyDelete
  56. Take care...drive safely...hope everything goes well

    Prayers to both of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  57. Just checking in to see if there is any news on what is happening sweet Anne. You both have waiting soooo....long and I hope at last you will have some answered so Casey can get on with life without the constant fear of pain...she has been such a brave trooper through all this. Take care and know I hold you in my prayers. Hugs. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete


  58. Oh, I am so tired...
    Hungry too.
    And have many pictures to throw in the computer too.

    Love to you.

    XOXO
    Anne



    ReplyDelete
  59. I know you guys are let down.. but just as I told Casey.. This is not an easy fix.. if it was the doctors there would have fixed it already.
    Hang in there and keep the candles burning. (too hot for the home fires)

    They have not told you guys to bite it ..they have scheduled further testing. This is a good thing.

    Let me know when you post the pics.. Im real bad about not checking for stuff like that.

    Luvyas!

    beepluvsbart.com
    (ya know.. I wonder if anyone actually trys that url..hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  60. So sorry Anne, but hang in there. You have to go back again and that kind of sucks to have to continue to wait. But I am sure they will figure it out. Hugs. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Did you get a picture of my house? You know when you drive down and you pass Hampton Ave, you're less than a mile from my humble home. We have food and liquid on hand if you ever need.
    Peace - Khoolaid

    ReplyDelete
  62. Heya Beep!
    hehehe Bartluvsbeep.com too!
    (I shall have to try it myself)!

    They did schedule the MRI too, and then scrapped it after she could not go through with it, (AFTER she TOLD the doctor how she needed to be to get it done right). He didn't listen. Nothing new there.

    I shall remember to let you know when I post the pics. I have put them on the computer, but they need to be made smaller.
    There are almost 200.
    UGH.

    Love to you both

    XOXO
    Anne

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  63. Gosh Sweet Barbara, I surely hope so.

    First they say they won't treat her pain.
    Then they say it might be the ONLY thing they CAN offer her

    Go figure.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  64. Mr Sam.
    Thank you for the fine offer. We were only in Milwaukee for such a short time before driving onward to Mayo in Rochester, Minnesota.
    But I shall keep that in mind...

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  65. hehehe

    I had to send out a new "heads up" for ya'all
    This one took on a life of it's own!
    Hopefully the next one will too!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete