[My] Life in Wisconsin

My Brother and I...

 magnify
"My Brother and I"
one of the many explanations from the Mayo Brothers
about their core system of values.
As posted on the wall of the subway to Gonda.
.
.
Good Morning Everyone;
Yes, we are back from our visit to Rochester, to the Mayo Clinic.
And have learned little from this visit, that we already didn't know.

Casey is now scheduled for an EUS, (Endoscopic Ultrasound) next month. Am hoping they might find out a bit more then.

She is a bit let down by the arrogance of so many of these doctors. And especially those that barely do their jobs; and simply go home.
(While they do of course have a right to have a home life, I am thinking they have an obligation to their patients too).

She has had so many just put their hours in, forgetting about even their own humanity in the process...
Perhaps for them, then it is time to really go home and get another job; one that a person can honestly let go at the end of the day.

We had to get all of those files, records, xrays, and slides... Am wondering "what for?" we did that all for now.
Expensive, (and oh so frustrating an endeavor), to be told she must carry them in to Mayo.
The doctors flipped through a few pages, and declared that since her pancreatic enzymes were not high enough for them that they probably couldn't do anything for her. (I didn't know I had to research their necessary levels before wasting all that gas and money).
All I know for sure is that her levels of amylase and lipase are high enough to leave her hospitalized (and how many times now?), and to hold her in pain every day of her life.

  • Some of her pain is treated.
  • Most of it is not.

  • Some patients are treated.
  • Some are not...

Kind of a crappy way to handle things.
Go for the glory, boys.
Leave my daughter suffer, will ya?


  • There have been times that her enzymes have been 10 times normal.
  • There have been hospitalizations when those levels were only 2 or 3 times normal.

Guess they just discarded all of that.

So much for the above title and sign.
.
.

Besides my beautiful co-pilot,
there WERE things that made the trip worthwhile.


Like points in Wisconsin where the glaciers never touched.
.
.
Cnv0786 by you.


.
.
Seeing 'life' growing from rock...
.
.
Cnv0774 by you.

.
.
Crossing the Mississippi...
.
.
Mississippi by you..
.
Learning that Punk did not care one whit about any of that...
.
.
Punk On the ride to Rochester by you.
She slept mostly there and back
'Til 'nature' called every now and then

.
.
But she surely cared what Casey was munching on...
.
.
Cnv0790 by you.

.
.
(Especially when she didn't get any)!
.
.
Cnv0792 by you.
.
.
Driving downtown to all the hospitals
made us snicker when we saw this water tower
.
.
Cnv0784 by you.
.
.
I dropped Casey off,
leaving her with one of the security guards;
and found a place to park.

In the meantime, she got all registered and checked in.
.

Before we went up to the 9th floor...
.
.
DSC03459 by you.
.
.
We met the nicest lady (Deborah),
as we took some pictures of our new surroundings.


.
Seeing us both with our cameras,
she offered to take our picture,
together...
.
.

Casey And Debbie by you....Casey and I, Gonda
.
.
.
The view from the Gonda Building (part of Mayo),
was quite impressive.

.
.

Casey 9th Floor, Gonda by you.
.
.
It was then that we met with the doctors...
.
.
Casey at Mayo by you.
96/60
~Taking the average of 6 separate readings.
(Borderline low blood pressure runs in my family).

.
.

After which they scheduled an MRI.
.
.
Cnv0781 by you.
.
.
This whole test was flubbed from the get-go.
Too bad none of these 'professionals' actually LISTEN TO HER.
.
.
Since that was messed up, it was time to go back to the hotel
(after speaking with the doctor who'd messed up)...

.
.
But first, one more picture before we left...
.
.
Cnv0782 by you..
.
.
.
And back home for us then...

"My Brother and I"???
No. I don't think so.




Love to all.

From Flintville!
.
Flintville, Wisconsin
hehehe
Have a 'wunnaful' weekend!

XOXO
Anne

*****Special note to Casey*****

Dear Sweet Daughter of Mine;
As you read this, know that I promise you WILL get you fixed.

No matter what it will take.
Foreverlonger...
XOXO,
Mama D.



originally posted to my Y! 360, Saturday July 26, 2008 - 06:57am (CDT)

51 comments:

  1. I'm still angry at the treatment she received and didn't receive. Wish I could be there to hold your hands and give you hugs in person.

    OXOXOX
    mz. meow



    p.s. beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I was sure hoping for better news as I know you all were. Hard to believe one of the best places in the country and they didn't do a damn thing. That is so wrong! Heck, maybe you should check out the University of Iowa at Iowa City. It is one of the top research universities in the country and they do wonderful things. They saved my mom's life many years ago when the local doctors couldn't find out what was wrong with her. Might wanna check into that. I know that's a much longer trek but if they can do some good, it just might be worth it. Not sure how they handle out of state cases but they are a wonderful facility.

    Just know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. ALWAYS! Please give Miss Caseyface a hug squeeze from me but don't squeeze her to hard, I don't want to hurt her...lol!!!

    Love to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost forgot---I LOVE THE WATER TOWER!!! Looks like something you'd see in Iowa somewhere.....LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Sweet Becca!

    It WILL all get fixed though.
    I don't know how, I don't know where, but I do know that THIS trip was a waste.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  5. Sounds as though you have alreeady checked hr won blog...

    It took me a few days to settle down from this,,,

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Pam-
    Thank you!
    I will check into any place that will offer her a lifetime of comfort (and not from the damned narcotics).
    And freedom from this matter.


    You also said, "Hard to believe one of the best places in the country and they didn't do a damn thing."
    I am still stunned by their uncaring crap.
    As far as the records go, I could have written a damned synopsis for them and saved them the few seconds they spent even looking at the stuff she brought.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I think of it from what I wrote on Caseys blog...hehehe.
    It's a sad state of affairs, especially with the gas prices being so dang high.
    I know the best thing is to stay encouraged and remember that God is in control, not those doctors. I know thats difficult too as I am sure you are asking him WHY she is still in so much pain. Perhaps she is destined for greatness and is under attack from the evil one. Keep your faith, now is probably the greatest test of it thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Beth;
    She is already of greatness.
    And that is what makes her so special.

    Only her pancreas is evil.
    I have not lost my Faith, although I do border on that from time to time.

    XOXO
    Me

    I never was any good at 'tests'...

    ReplyDelete


  9. And now, my friends, if you will excuse me for a time, I need to nap a bit.
    I have been up since shortly after midnight, unable to sleep.
    I have already gotten in a fight with Randy when he called earlier this morning.

    Gr...

    Nighty Night All.
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please know I did not mean that she isnt. Just that I believe Satan attacks with vengence those who will pose great threat to his agenda in their life..ie: greatness.
    I think it would be odd if you werent bordering on loss of faith at this time.
    Going through all this and feeling helpless and wondering what is being made of all the prayers sent.
    I was only trying to encourage, please know that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that photo of the Mississippi (have I spelled that right? I'm a Brit! What do I know? I just put 'double' everything and hope for the best!), and the water tower just made me howl with laughter. That just WOULD NOT happen in the UK! Only in a theme park and even then they'd have to get some sort of unwordly planning permission from 6 gazillion committees (see what I mean about 'double' everything?).

    Glad you're home safe, but not satisfied..... sigh!

    Keep smiling,

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep...checked the ''hr won blog...''

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe

    Sweet Beth;
    I knew what you meant. Guess maybe I should have worded it all differently... I am just SO tired is all.
    But no nap either. Damn phones...
    Cat.
    Dog.
    Millie got tangled up in her own cable...

    Oh well.
    Guess I should take something for my back and try to mow a bit more lawn.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Connie;
    I am trying to hold onto that optimism... And rarely say 'I told ya so'...
    BUT,...

    You are more than right about these doctors too.
    Most that have seen her (Froedtert and Mayo) have sadly been just that way.

    XOXO
    Me

    bartluvsbeep.com

    ReplyDelete

  15. Sweet Mrs. G.!
    Of course you spelt that right!
    hehehe

    ...Maybe it is a theme park... Maybe inside the darned tower is a whole bunch of chipmunks having the time of their lives!

    Trying to hang onto the smiles too.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  16. Be nice.
    I have had a b*tch of a day, and it;s only quarter after ten.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Smoochies....


    I had my say over the cell phone. I have no heart to repeat it here.

    i sent KC some links in her blog....check them out.'

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was hopeing that your daughter would be helped. I will keep on praying and thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. XOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXX


    Now get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was so disappointing to hear how uncooperative the doctors at Mayo were. After all this time waiting, it sure was a let-down to Casey, and for all of us who've had her in our prayers for so long now. IMO any doctor who lacks compassion and empathy for their patient, shouldn't be practicing medicine.

    With all the pictures you posted, I feel like I was right there with ya! (And know that I was in spirit... the whole time! - but I swear it wasn't me - it was Punk, farting in the back of the car the whole way! (heehee))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy that surely does suck Anne!
    As I'm reading I'm getting this impression of these so called Doctors with Attitudes that say "Hell I made it to the Mayo! I'm Special"
    Well here's your short bus Doc !
    I'm sorry you didn't get better treatment.
    But I did love the pictures. Especially the water tower ! That was cute.
    Tell Casey I'm thinking about her & sending a few up for her
    Love to you both
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete

  22. Sweet Judy;
    I thank you sincerely... for your hopes and prayers.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. I keep returning to GAZE at that corn cob. roflmbo What a hoot!

    There just has to be someone at Mayo that can help Casey...there just has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK Pea,
    But I still have 3/4's of the lawn to do.
    (Very slow going when you have to overmow 2 or 3 times to bust up the mini bales the mower shoots out; and then to level it out decent)...
    Even slower when somebody uses your mower when you are gone and doesn't clean the damned deck. (And by 'deck' I mean the underside by the blades... and it's so crusted/molded on)...

    I promise to sleep tonight; especially after having to crawl under the darned thing to clean it hard.
    er, maybe...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  25. hehehe
    Sweet RT, Punk doesn't fart.
    She's a girl; so she "poots"....
    (And YOU, being from the South ought ta know that)!


    As far as the letdown goes, you are most certainly right about that.
    But give her a day or two to get really mad.
    They will hear from her then.
    Then maybe we will all have to pray for Mayo! ?

    You are also right about that bedside manner.
    If it is lacking, the MD needs to be replaced, not the damned patient.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet Bug!
    I sure will tell her, but at some point or another, she does visit here too!
    hehehe
    They have a wedding this afternoon, so it won't be today.
    sigh

    Love the bus comment!

    And yes, I might be a bit cranky, (ok, more~so than usual), but I have to deal with this fallout too ya know.
    I can handle this much better than Casey at this point. (Imagine how she feels then, eh)?

    Glad you liked the pics too

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    We made it to Mayo, can we be 'special' too?
    <;-)

    ReplyDelete

  27. You are mostly right Sweet Pest.
    In that there HAS to be someone, somewhere that can help her.
    I get the feeling it might not be Mayo though.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've gotten than feeling about Mayo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  29. ERk! That is the worst! I used to hate cleaning that bit up.....


    Find some really wet grass (or make some) to loosen it up before grabbing that paint scraper.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're always Special to me Honey !
    And not in the same way as those dumbass doctors !

    ReplyDelete

  31. You erked on my page!!!
    hehehe

    Too late.
    I used a screwdriver- Not too hard to do, just gross ya know...
    REALLY gross...

    The worst part was having to get up off the damned ground with my back!

    XOXO
    Guess who?

    ReplyDelete

  32. Bug!

    You made me laugh!!!
    Thank you!!!
    For the comment, AND the giggles!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete


  33. Time to get my backside, back outside now...
    ugh


    ReplyDelete
  34. I beg your parden.. girls dont "poot".. They "fluff"

    ReplyDelete

  35. You must be on the wrong side of the Mississippi...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yep, and on the wrong side of the tracks too...hehe Story of my life

    ReplyDelete

  37. HAHAHA!
    Story of my life too. You are NOT alone!

    Gotta fly now!!!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry for your frustration Anna. Nice pictures. Haven't been that way since college, lets say 30 years ago.
    Peace- Khoolaid

    ReplyDelete
  39. You haven't been frustrated since college???
    (I knew I should have gone)!
    hehehe

    Peace to you too my good man!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am so sorry to hear all of this. I do hope some good comes out of this and maybe there is a doctor willing to take time out and figure this thing out. Where is House when you need him. haha. Sorry had to add that in. I will be checking in from time to time while I'm in Washington. Good luck and always know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

    By the way how is Big Sam doing? I saw the pictures not too long ago he is so sweet!

    Lots of love! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  41. That picture of Punk watching me eat is so adorable!!! The pictures of everything turned out pretty well. Even the ones of me turned out okay even though I was in a ton of pain!

    It was a beautiful trip out there... I, too, hope they find what is going on. I'm going to be holding you to that promise you've made me...

    Love you Much Much!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sweet Darla...
    Please don't be sorry---
    I have wished for him many many times already.
    (Either for Casey, OR myself)!
    hehehe

    I have to remain positive...
    (or lose what little grasp I have 'pon my own sanity at this point).

    Thank you for the prayers and thoughts.

    And have a wunnaful time in DC!
    (DON'T forget the dramamine)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  43. Sweet CaseyFace;
    I am not worried about that promise. God will see that I keep it for you.
    I have never made a promise to break it.
    (Do not listen to my lying exes either, they are full of big craps).

    The pictures I take of you are some of my favorites, irregardless if you are in pain or not.

    neener neener

    And love to you too!

    XOXO
    Mama D.




    ReplyDelete
  44. HA! I like that they are not only full of crap, but big crap and multiple craps!! :D

    Neener neener...

    Nanna nanna boo boo!!!!

    Much Much, I love you!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete