[My] Life in Wisconsin

July 3rd, 2008

 magnify
hehehe
And no, we are not at mayo... yet.

picture stolen from here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/themachinestops/
Click on that link when you have a minute-
Great pics...
This young man is as talented as he is funny!
.
.
Good Morning Everyone;
As many of you might know, Casey was quite ill on Monday- And was sent home from a doctor appointment with a note from her doctor for a week off. (She may return on the 7th).
He said she has been overdoing it all, and with her pain 24/7 she does not sleep right. He said even when she is asleep that her body cannot truly sleep because of the pain.
She is back on her morphine... I brought her to her apartment after her appointment, and she went to sleep.
She took Tuesday off.
And tried to return yesterday. (That didn't work, and she was back home by about 10 or so).
Not sure now if the clinic will wait for her regular doctor to return now before they send the referral off to Mayo.

Casey and Greg came out Tuesday evening to pick up a few old things for their new place. That does too make sense.

While they were here, they also carried the old TV stand out to the shed; (it had been stuck in the kitchen for over a week).
We also got two old chests emptied and carried down from the attic.
(Thank you Kids)!

I now have a few places to 'hide' all the blankets in the living room.

.

We did get those storms yesterday-
And oh boy, did we ever get the rain too!
The skies just kept opening up and dumping on us...
.
.
Cnv0525...........Cnv0524

Weird cloud formations as the winds picked up too.
.
.
I'd closed off here, and unplugged my computersaurus just as fast as I'd come on.
I got in the shower, (still respecting/EXpecting that coroner)...
Such a wuss I am with these storms...

At some point during that shower, I became almost unable to breathe.
(No I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary either).
Having been able to bathe myself for many years now I believe I have it down to a science.
Kinda hard to screw that up...

But in record time, and ever so quietly, my favorite jackass returned.
He snuck into the bathroom while Punk was not looking, and kicked me in the back all over again. ..
.
.
~~~~Do you remember THIS guy???~~~~
Because I sure as heck would love to forget him...

.
.
So he found me at the most inopportune moment...
...Soaking wet and buck 'nekkid' really IS an inopportune time to have the wind knocled out of your soul...

And THEN I had a b*tch of a time just to be getting dressed...

I am afraid to even ask 'What Next?" ... (So I won't).

I am not sure if this is a carryover from my previous fracture, or if it is 'new'.
But whatever it is, I can barely move/breathe/function at this point.

Kelli stopped in after work yesterday, even rolling the dumpster back up the driveway for me! She fed Punk and watered Miss Milly too... Thank God for Kelli.
And how weird is this too?
As I type, her honey has surgery this morning for his back.
I was SO sorely tempted to go to the hospital at 5AM~
(and register as "TIM")... !?!

But I'd called in to the clinic yesterday. Even extra vicoden didn't make it better.
I have an appointment this morning for 8:45...
And yes, I have already asked Grant to plow my damnable weedy garden under when he has a few minutes.

You can bet your sweet bippy that I will have ESPN on today too.
No one seems to be sure if Mr Brett Favre will return or not...
And if I have read THIS STORY (click on that) correctly, I am deeply disturbed by the Green Bay Packers organization.
.
Brett is not a quarterback to be sitting on.
.
.

2035 ???
hehehe
.
Old.
Young.
Retired or returned...
We love you Brett!

.
.

Hope you all have a grand Thursday!

Love to all.

XOXO
Anne

 
Originally poste to my Y! 360, Thursday July 3, 2008 - 07:07am (CDT)

7 comments:

  1. sorry about Casey and you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Bart,
    Im so sorry to hear the jackass returned.. I shall say a little prayer.. praying for just a pulled muscle and nothing too serious.
    Those cloud pictures are awesome! Mother Nature really is the best artist!

    Its awesome that you have the extra stuff for Casey and Greg.. always handy that and those extra dressers for you to put stuff in as well.. COOOOOOOLLLLL! Im very surprised though that Casey was allowed to go back in to work, at my work.. if you have a doctors excuse.. you do not return until you have a release.. Dont even think about it..hehe Hope she feels better soon.

    I heard something about a rumor about Brett.. but seems like I heard also that it was a false rumor. I suppose come fall training time.. will tell the tale.

    Hope you have a good day.. and the doctor is able to give you something for that back.
    Mucho hugs and lots of luv

    beep luvs bart!.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. My own personal jackass arrived Saturday morning as I was walking across the living room floor and nothing to grab onto to keep from hitting the floor...fortunately it didn't come to that but still...damnitallanyway. My jackass has a name...major muscle spasms. He succeeded in ruining the rest of my Saturday.

    I do hope your back can find some relief and soon...my problem is nowhere near as severe as yours.

    I'm with morysa about Casey. Unless there was a doctor's excuse, you didn't EVEN think about returning until you had a written release in hand.

    No comments about Brett as I don't keep up with any sports. I do wish him well and the best though.

    Have a thrilling Thursday.

    catpest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your back. Hope it eases up soon! deeannes comment was great.Feel bad for Casey, too. Not sure about Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nasty!! So very nasty for that Jackass to greet you in the shower! I think a restraining order is called for!
    I hope the appt. went well and you are feeling relief...I hope and pray so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen pictures of you, and I can't imagine you being able to pass for "Tim"! But for a second there it sounded like a pretty good plan. I hope your doctor can fix you. It sure would be a shame to plow under your garden. Would anyone you know be willing to work the garden for you, in exchange for 50%-75% of the harvest? I hope you and Casey feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete