[My] Life in Wisconsin

Stupid quote of the day...


http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080729/ts_nm/olympics_dc;_ylt=AqJEQanLSyM2cCclZsc53Yt34T0D
Beijing haze recedes but rights concerns remain -

Du Shaozhong, deputy chief of the Beijing Environmental Protection Bureau, said the haze, which reduces visibility to a few blocks, did not mean air quality was bad.

"We do not approve of the use of pictures to pass judgment on air quality ..."
______

Oh really?!?
I always thought it was a pretty damned good indicator... (Especially when one cannot see even a few blocks)?!?

XOXO
Me

8 comments:


  1. Wonder how bad it smells with respect to all the garbage in the air?

    And then I wonder what the pollution actually consists of???

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of which I really want to know the answer to !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this and wondered about the air quality myself.

    Very grateful I don't live in China...for more reasons than just the air quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys need to be sent a video of the London smogs in the early 1900's. The temperature dropped so everyone lit their coal fires which produced tons of smoke. Unfortunately a fog bank settled over the Thames and kept the smoke in the city for 4 days. Thousands died!

    I see that smog and can't believe that they're stupid enough to believe it's safe to send athletes there! Are they crazy! ('They' being the Olympic committee!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear the air in Flintville is filled with Favre omissions.
    Peace - Khoolaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah.
    He told me we're just having a bit of fun.
    He will sign everything tomorrow.
    No worries...

    ReplyDelete