[My] Life in Wisconsin

Wednesday ~Notes From Wisconsin!

 magnify
I took this at a rest stop along highway 41

.
.
Good Morning All;
My thoughts keep going back to "Ten Thought Tuesday", but now I'm a day behind.
(Courtesy of that narfy tomato).
hehehe

I have a(nother) doctor appointment this afternoon for my back. Wish it would go away soon.
The ride to/from Rochester did nothing good for it either...
Nor did mowing my lawns, twice over, to get rid of my somewhat jungled and abandoned look.
(I think I might also have gotten rid of a few varmints)... oops
.
.
.
On this special topic,
I have been (ahem), characteristically silent...
.
packer-g

.......But no more...
.
.
.

As many of you already know, I have already grown quite tired of politicking this year.
Ted Thompson apparently has not.
(I can't quite figure out his silly~@ss thought process either)...

Nor have I been able to figure out exactly what it is that he is so afraid of? (Feel free to clue me in).

Mama always said:
"If you can't be right, be wrong at the top of your voice."
Mama sure was smart.

When applied to Ted Thompson, this seems to be exactly what he has been doing.
In my little book, he IS an unmitigated @sshole.
.
,
,
And so, I have proudly added my name to this list.

Brett-Favre by you.
(CLICK HERE to add your own name and support)


Seems the old boy thinks he has a year or two left in him. And since he has been the face of this organization for almost 20 years, he should have another season, and open arms. He already knows he has mine.


I had a prescription to pick up yesterday at CVS.
An uneventful little trip; (um, until I was driving home)...

A bit of background for you...

1st stop, CVS Pharmacy.
(They even handed out a big treat~bone for Punk)!

I object; that's just not fair to me at all. My own tummy is growling, so on to Mickey Dee's for a sandwich.
(Punk gets two treats at the 'pay' window)!! Big ones too!

Knowing that another trip to Mayo will put me over the 3000 mile mark, I stopped to have my oil changed. I spent the whole time (PLUS extra), talking to the nicest man who had seen Casey on TV, and even remembered her!
(This man just kept feeding Punk treats, I have no clue how many she got)...

After that, I had stopped at the Shell Station on the highway to fill 'er up.
And then to go back home...
Kinda boring huh?

Wait for it now...

As I merged onto the highway, there was barely any traffic. There was one pickup truck that must have thought he owned the road. He did not budge from his lane to allow me access. Dork. Naturally I had to slow and let him pass.

As I got up to speed again, he hit his brakes.
WTH?

I see through his rear window that he is flipping me off.
WT"effing"H?!?!?

As he was slowed, I pulled out to pass him; grabbing my camera in the process. (This, for me, is now a completely involuntary action).

As I pass him, he is literally screaming profanities out his window at me.
Punk wastes no time letting him know he was being a dickhead.
And just so you know, I have never seen her snarl and growl before.
(Must have been all those treats)!!!

I called her down. She obeyed, quite begrudgingly-
(But hey, I just had to snap a picture)...
.
.
Cnv0815 by you.
Awwww...
Isn't he the attractive little dink?
I just smiled, (and real big) at him.

(As his wife turns her head out the side window).
Yes, he was still screaming too!

.
.
It occurs to me that not everybody in Suamico is as nice as I am.


Home again, safe and sound; with a cold burger.
(And a still~paranoid dog too).

Thanking the Lord for my microwave, I ate quickly; and then had to go pull a few weeds.
.
.

Cnv0801 by you.
Nope, not that weed...
.
.
But I have so many weeds around I don't know where to begin with this all.
So I just pulled the tallest and most obnoxious ones.
hehehe
(Besides, my back will not allow for me to dig out the shorter ones).

Oh well.
'Til it's all healed, there is nothing I can do about that.

When we got back home from Mayo last week, I found the prettiest surprises just waiting for us...
.
.
Cnv0805 by you.
Please ignore silly toes...
.
.
Cnv0803 by you.
.
.
Cnv0817 by you.
.
.
Cnv0818 by you.
.
.
Cnv0821 by you.
.
Flowers EVERYWHERE!!!!
(Please don't be looking at my weeds ???) !
.
.
Hope you are all having a 'wunnaful' Wednesday!
.
Love to all!

XOXO
Anne

Originally posted to my Y! 360, Wednesday July 30, 2008 - 11:52am (CDT)

36 comments:

  1. Heh heh! I think he was shouting "It's THIIIIIIIIIIIS big!!!!!" Yeah! He can wish!

    Trust you to get a photo of him in the act of his road-raging!

    Your flowers are so pretty, mine are few and far between, I planted some that obviously don't agree with the soil in the neighbourhood! Try something different next year!

    No idea who Ted Thompson is. AND the top photo - excuse my total ignorance, but what on earth is it? Something I should recognise obviously, but unfortunately, I don't! (Brain cell is playing the 'dumb card' this afternoon!)

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo...all those pretties. What a beautiful welcome home greeting.

    I can handle beautiful flowers (weeds too as long as they're pretty), and boring days...just not dickheads. He'll pull that stunt on the wrong person one of these days then...lookout!

    Having a wunnaful Wednesday.

    hugs
    mz. meow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love - Love - Love all the pictures...and your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the top picture is in the shape of Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you didn't get a plate number picture of Mr. On-the-Freeway-not-holding-the-Steering-Wheel... you could have got him a nice ticket too....


    jerkface.


    Beautiful flowers!!! Weeds are pretty too sometimes, call them your attempt to "naturalize" with "native species". It works for the State of Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just another fan telling you, you're #1.

    I do love certain words, dink - dork - knob, a few of my favorites.
    Have a safe and peaceful day.
    Peace - Khoolaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatta jerk! But I'm glad you got a picture of him. And your flowers are beautiful! My dogs ate most of mine. Sigh. I've given up and just grow grass and weeds. They try, but they can't quite manage to eat all the grass too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only you would take a picture of a guy showing you his I.Q.. (shakes my head)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He reminds me of the @sshole song
    "were you born an @sshole or did you work at it your whole life?"
    Seems he's perfected it !
    And LoL at Punk...no wonder she loves car rides so much !!
    The flowers are gorgeous ! I especially love the 3rd from the bottom...I may be "borrowing" it for my desktop picture with your permission !
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Mrs G.
    I thank you for the compliment... They are all just silly seeds that I harvested from last years flowers.
    Shall I send you some when I harvest them this year? They will grow anywhere. I promise.

    Yes, that man was showing me his 'size', and right in front of his wife!!

    Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers organization.
    And you already know how I feel about how he has handled Brett wanting to return.
    hehehe

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Cat;
    Giggled at your handling those weeds!
    hehehe

    And am thinking you are right about him pulling that stunt on the wrong person.
    It's called karma Baby!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sweet Jill!
    Thank you for stopping by, and for loving my flowers!
    Come by anytime!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Pea!
    Seemingly it works for Flintville, Wisconsin too! As it all seems very ahem, 'natural' to me!

    Now about that plate number.
    I did take but one picture that the plate was in, but it was SO blurry that I could not make it out.
    (Or I really would have given it to Randy).


    Love to you

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. KhoolMan;
    I love it that he was telling me I was #1.
    Wonder how come Punk didn't appreciate that as well?

    I shall have to put a blog together of my favorite words!
    Thank you for the idea!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe

    Sweet Lisa...
    Those silly dogs! Please tell them that they must be careful or they will be replaced by goats!

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAHA Stanger!
    Too funny.
    See Mrs G's response too.
    (And I didn't even realize she was talking about the size of his brain)!
    Dickhead... Guess I knew that all along!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  17. Sweet Bug!
    I am just happy everyone seems to love the flowers.
    Now about that third from the bottom one... of course you may borrow it.
    Would you like for me to edit it and to send it to you on a wider (more screen appropriate) angle? Just let me know- and please make sure I have your regular email address too.

    I swear Punkie was absolutely RABID that day!
    But she laid down soon as I called her down... Maybe just showing the idiot who really IS boss.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here ya go, Pea.
    YOU figure it out...
    sigh I was too far away...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many areas have ways of enhancing blurry items, figures, people, etc.

    Send it to Randy and let him handle it from there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking at the picture of him giving you a one finger salute... his left hand is out the window, holding a cigarette, and his right hand is saluting you! He has no hands on the wheel!!

    Your flowers are loverly! You have such a green thumb! And who cares about a few weeds - I guess you're just as good at growing those too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LMAO Anne and I thought all the a-holes were in Houston..hey, maybe he IS from Houston..but gawdddddddd @ taking that pic..the effin' idiot..and YEAHHHHHHHHHHH for the Punkster for letting him know whatta dork he was:)):)).I'm still laughing!!!

    Your flowers are breath taking to say the least..what a wunnaful surprise to come home to!!! and to heck with your weeds gurly..they just set off the beauty of it all!!!

    I do hope ya'll have a safe and promising trip Anne..It's time to find out wth is going on..it's just been too long!!!..Take care of your dang back ladybug..that just doesn't sound good..I think I need to come up there and hide your tractors and stuff for awhile;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. hehehe

    "Ve haf Vays oof making you tok!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet RT!
    I wasn't sure about whether my eyes were deceiving me or not about the steering wheel. Guess not.
    And I think if I was his wife (fat chance), I sure would not have been looking out the window... I would have been driving.
    The least he could have done was to have given me a bit of respect, dropped the cigarette and used BOTH hands for me...
    sigh


    I have no green thumbs this year...
    This was all God and Mama Nature at their finest.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet WyckieBaby.
    How did I know you would love that picture???
    hehehe
    (Methinks my ears are still ringing from all that barking in the car)...

    EVERYBODY LIKES MY WEEDS!!!!
    (Whatza matter with you guys)????
    hehehe

    I hope we get some news too... And some GOOD news at that!

    Do not hide my tractors!
    Oh please do not hide my tractors!?!?

    XOXO
    Me



    ReplyDelete
  25. Weeds came along long before cultivated plant life did. I'll take wildflowers or gorgeous flowering weeds any day of the week. Besides, they aren't ''high maintenance.''

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks so nice out in WI right now. 108 today. aaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohhhhhhhhh..colorful and beatiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow! flowers everywhere....not just flowers, but pretty ones indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya Bart,

    Wow... love being welcomed home to flowers.. Nothing better..pretty much.

    It is a bit funny how all those folks have treats for the pets when you go through a drive through. I bet she didnt share one of them with you either..hehe Your so mistreated. hehe

    Ya think maybe the wife/gf was having a good laugh or just plain embarrassed..hehe Just needs to learn how to drive friendly the Texas way..hehe

    Hope all is well your way.. I surely dont know how I missed this blog!

    Luv ya

    beepluvsbart.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I almost forgot...

    The best quarterback in the nation wants to play ball.. who the HELL wouldnt want him? Thats just insane!

    I heard they offered him 20 million to go home and stay retired.. haha.. Now frankly they wouldnt have had to ask me twice on that offer..

    beepluvsbart.com


    PS.. check out how my Saturday went...

    ReplyDelete
  31. hehehe

    Sweet Cat;
    That low maintenance thing is WHY they are all here this year too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  32. 108 what???
    DEGREES???
    Methinks that's the temp I dry my chives at!

    Hang on...

    I just checked.
    It is currently 57 degrees outside...
    (Heading for a high of about 87... Which is quite yucky here.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  33. hehehe

    Sweet Leticia!
    Thank you!
    They really ARE sort of pretty.
    I shall let them all go to seed and plant many more next year...
    RIGHT WHERE THE GARDEN WOULD HAVE BEEN...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are quite sassy my Sweet Beep.
    You were on pager duty, so I was almost prepared not to hear from you

    I always have the Punk with me... (well exvcept when I have to leave her in the car and in the sun)...
    But she sure hit the jackpot that day!!!
    (And NO! she didn't share)...

    That wife/gf was SO embarassed.
    I would have jumped. I swear!

    XOXO
    Me

    bartluvsbeep.com

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am not sure how that is all going to play out- At the risk of repeating myself, they are to have this delicate matter $ettled by Tuesday.

    FUN NIGHT IS TONIGHT for cryin' out loud!
    hehehe
    I sure as hell hope Brett makes an appearance there!
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080802/PKR01/80802069/1058/PKR01
    Check your own listings... I am sure it might be broadcast elsewhere too.

    ____


    By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell hopes to have Brett Favre’s standoff with the Green Bay Packers resolved by Monday—even if he has to force the issue.
    “Both parties are talking, the Green Bay Packers and Brett,” Goodell said in an interview with the NFL Network on Saturday. “And I think the discussions are moving ahead. I would hope that we would have something resolved by Monday.”

    Goodell made it clear he thinks the situation has lingered long enough.
    “I think we have to force it,” Goodell said. “I think it’s come to the point where there need to be some decisions made on behalf of the Packers, on behalf of Brett, on behalf of all the fans.”
    ____
    (Ya think)?!?
    ____

    "McCarthy was not pleased with the way the Packers’ offense performed in practice Saturday afternoon, making offensive players repeat two periods of practice as defensive players headed for the showers.
    But McCarthy didn’t blame the sub-par performance on the Favre situation.
    “Today was our first bump in the road in terms of having too many negative things happen in practice, and I think that’s a credit to their focus and their energy level and staying true to, it’s training camp,”
    McCarthy said. “Everybody is going through it, and they’ve done a really good job. No one is really talking about it, frankly.”
    ____
    (hehehe What a "LIAR!")!
    ____

    OK Folks...
    He (Brett) has children... So the $$ IS important.
    But Beep, you are so right to ask WHO WOULDN'T WANT HIM? (Apparently Ted Thompson).
    What a freak he is!
    As a sidenote, and speaking of TT...
    he has created the ONLY wart, EVER, on our Titletowns image.
    Yes, I have signed to be rid of him.

    XOXO
    Me


    bartluvsbeep.com

    ~

    ReplyDelete