[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Last of August? ~Come if you can...




This picture, as always, is self~explanatory...
hehehe
.
.
Good Morning all;
It is so hard to believe that this is the last day of August already!
Temps are to be in the 90's for the next three days.
Not too bad though because it cools off so nicely at night.

Our little sale has been open for the past three days. Kelli has just left once again after coming to help me open the big garage door. (Thank You Kelli)!

One of my earliest customers yesterday was a gal I grew up with. They had a farm too.
Rare within our school district, (Howard Suamico), even in those days.

Mary had just come from her sisters house...
Her sister has a daughter, 32, who during the last few weeks of her pregnancy was feeling poorly. After a few blood tests it was determined to do a C~Section to deliver baby early.
Baby is doing very well.
His mama died early yesterday morning.
An extremely rare cancer of the liver that feeds off of hormones. Her pregnancy made it grow so very fast...
So sad for everyone.

While Mary was here, she offered to go upstairs to the attic of the garage. I have been putting this off because of my back. Up she went!
After an hour of searching and finding things, she had also handed me some of the old crates that we had used for picking strawberries and raspberries. (Just seeing them made me feel like my back was burnt and my fingers were red)!
Funny, this intense power of recall that I have...
.
.
Does anyone know anything about old fruit crate labels?

We never had given these a second thought until yesterday.

Here are a few that were up there...
.
.
.
.
Cnv1202.......Cnv1203
.
.
.
Cnv1198.......Cnv1199
.
.
.
Cnv1205
.
.
.
(They are locked up now until I find out more about them).
hehehe

Lots of traffic through here on this Labor Day weekend. Most people in search of school clothes. (This comes as no surprise)!
And so I have sold a few of those, making it possible for me to put a few more bags out.
.
.
Casey was out to help yesterday too.
.
.
Cnv1201 by you.

.
Sassy, (but kinda cute)!
hehehe


.
.
Laurie's youngest son Brett also came out- Casey helped him try to figure out his work- an essay for college- (Some Psychology that baffles even the most articulate minds).
Insert my foot stomping here. I did not even take ONE single picture of the two of them together! Mad about that too.
While he was here, Sean called from Iraq! I am so proud of them all. Sean is the middle son.
Mike is Laurie's oldest- Father of Baby Mariah.
CLICK HERE to visit Mariahs CaringBridge pages.
Please leave them a comment while you are there.
***In Miss Micki's own words,
"I will close this post by saying the words everyone is writing in the guestbook is what has been keeping me strong these past few days. We are overwhelmed with the amount of support and prayers that are being said for Mariah. It gives me great comfort that Mariah has inspired so many people in her very short life. She is and always will be loved by so many people.

God Bless,
Micki"
...end quote...


I'd better fly for now- Much to do today to prepare for the picnic tomorrow.
Here is a link to my other Labor Day entries.
http://flintville.multiply.com/tag/labor_day
Scroll about 1/3rd of the way down to read "The History of it all..."
or CLICK HERE to read about how this all has come to pass.

And pass it will.
This will be the last year for it.
At the very least, the last year to have it here.

My friend Harold stopped in Saturday- He has been a real estate agent around Green Bay for many years. I spoke with him at length. He will be getting back to me soon. There are plenty of homes on the market so I should have a lions share to choose from. I told him Hobart; or areas north, possibly Upper Michigan.
I know I sound like this is easy. But I assure you it is not.

I'd better close for now...
But before I do I have two questions...
Does anyone ever click on any of my links?
And do you know anything about those labels?

Hope you are all enjoying this notoriously 'last' weekend of summer!

Love to all!

XOXO
Anne


Originally posted to my Y! 360, Sunday August 31, 2008 - 08:28am (CDT)

19 comments:

  1. OH, I have clicked those links before...

    Have a wonderful and safe weekend my sweet friend!

    Much love
    Thers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sweetie!

    I am 'out of here' for now!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Bart,

    Yep I do click your links.. I think thats why occasionally I think I have commented when I havent and have to go back and comment .. Brain farts...ya know.

    Your sale looks to be doing well.. Dont know anything about the crate labels.. there are some web sites that deal in antiques and some of them have ways to contact. You might do some searches on them. The crates look to be in great shape as well and you might mention that too.

    Selling and moving.. oh my goodness. But you have been thinking about this for awhile.. Remember to do what is best for Anne. I know that big house and yard are a lot of work for an "old" woman..hehe (sorry sorry, couldnt resist that one)

    Hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful Labor Day Picnic!

    Hugs and lots of luv

    BeepluvsBart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about those labels and yes I have been known to click on those links a tome or two...so sorry to hear about your friends sister makes me sad to think about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wise to lock up those crates until you find out more about them. You might want to talk to antique dealers about them and see what they have to say about them. They are really cool though.

    Sooo sorry to hear about your friend's sister as well. Such a loss and for that baby to grow up not knowing its mama. So very sad and I pray that God will watch over them all.

    Yes, I click on your links to check out things from time to time when time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're doing so well with your sale - what will you spend all the money on?

    Found these fruit crates at EBAY

    I'm not sure if the item number link (http://...) will work here in the comment section because the address is so long. If not you can copy and paste or type the item number into the search box on ebay's opening page.

    Item: 300239649371
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300239649371&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D300239649371%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

    Item: 370081955450
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370081955450&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D370081955450%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

    ReplyDelete
  7. No words to express how sad I am that I cannot be there. And on the last one ever. That I cannot buy that old place. I guess we all make our own homes.I know how hard it must be for you. Tell Harold to make me a deal. Take lots of Pictures, and I will be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Beep!
    I am sorry but I have reserved the corner on Brain~Farts.
    Take a number, get in line...(No pushing, no shoving)...
    hehehe

    The sale is OK. Pretty dead today though. But that gave me time to burn some gnarly old wood and to burn some of those branches I cut too.
    AND, I cut a bit of lawn around the firepit too.

    Am I really THAT old?
    (I do think there might be one or two that might be older than me).
    I see no reason why I should be bumping around in this big old house- when there are plenty of smaller ones available.
    That, and I really don't want to be giving all my money to the Village of Suamico, and the oil man...
    (I think the fractured back really drove the point home for me this Spring).

    XOXO
    Me

    bartluvsbeep.com

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Toni!
    Isn't that unbelievable???
    Oh I feel so bad for them all too.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Pam!
    I would talk to the antique dealers, but then who do you trust?
    Where does one find a reputable dealer?

    Point in case, I had a lady come to the sale. She saw a very very old table I had out there... (Which by the way is NOT even part of the sale). After lifting one silly corner of the table covering, she offered me $80.00. It is in bad shape.
    I thought fast enough to tell her that no tables would be for sale 'til after everything was gone; making some lame excuse that I needed it...
    But she really got me to thinking too...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hells Bells Sweet RT!
    $pending money is a hard thing for me to do.
    Besides, at a quarter a crack for lots of stuff, it doesn't add up too quickly...
    But it moves things OUT, and that is working for me!

    Thank you so much for the links too.
    I shall be checking them shortly!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sweet Sweet Stanger;
    I doubt that Harold will even have to list it... (But I did ask him to find me a listing).
    Time will tell.

    Your spirit and yourselves are always welcome here, and where ever my home may be.

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Me

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hells Bells Sweet RT!
    $pending money is a hard thing for me to do.
    Besides, at a mere quarter a crack for lots of stuff, it doesn't add up too quickly...
    But it moves things OUT, and that works for me!

    Thank you so much for the links too.
    I shall be checking them shortly!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Old stuff like your crates might be worth something. People look for things that are authenticly old, not just made to look like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugs Miss Anna...
    Your a hard working woman that is for darn sure...
    I collect antiques, I'll phone the dealer I work with and ask her about the crates. :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    P.S. I read most anything you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweey Mindy!
    I love Shelley Winters!

    And to thank you for making that call on my behalf. I really do appreciate that.

    Giggling too at your PS, and reading "almost everything"...
    hehehe

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep I do click on your links! LOL I think it's fun that you put them there!! I think it was smart to lock up the crates also because sometimes stuff like that is worth lots!! I always loved doing yard sales with my grandma and going to flea markets! I hope your sale went good! Again sorry I am so late getting here! Hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete

  18. I have yet to even advertise the darned thing!
    And yes, for no ads, it is going good.
    I will reopen it again this weekend...

    Now stop worrying about when you get around to lil old me.

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete