[My] Life in Wisconsin

Looking Up?

 

magnify

Casey's window at St. Marys;
taken from the sidewalk below.

.
.
Good Morning All;
What a nasty time for all with Casey still being in the hospital.
Her doctors visit yesterday brought up that although she feels better, her lipase count is still almost double from where it should be. It has been there for the past 4 or 5 days now.
Maybe today she can come home today?
This sure has been a long (and painful) haul for her.
.
.
Nothing new around here- Just lots of air traffic-
And all we have to do is look up!

I have already told you how Punk will "chase" the airplanes that fly over the house.

But she had a HUGE shock to see this overhead...
.
.
Cnv0582 by you.
The Met Life Blimp.
In town for the Packers Game on Sunday.
.
.
I actually had to pull over ...
I swear she would have jumped through the windshield!

hehehe
.
.
Cnv0583 by you.
She was SO very upset!
(And I was so very entertained)!
.
.
I picked up Master Gabriel on my way to the hospital too.
He woke Casey with two kisses; one on the forehead and one on the cheek.
(Lucky, LUCKY, Casey)!

.
.
He sat very patiently,
waiting for her to get up and around...

Watching her quite intently.
.
.
Cnv0585 by you.

.
.
But once she had been up a while he stole her balloon,
and crawled right into bed with her!

.
.
Cnv0590 by you.
Beating her mercilessly with that same balloon.
She started it.

His giggling at his own mischief
brought in two nurses and the housekeeper!
.
.
So wonderful to hear him laughing though!
 
.

As we look out her window, to see the planes close by.
.
.
Cnv0577 by you.
.
.
Gabriel also had to take his Auntie Casey for a walk...
.
.
Cnv0592 by you.
WITHOUT her wheelchair!
.
.
As I said above, she is getting better-
But it was time for her to push that pain button too shortly after we returned to the room.

.
.
We got home about 4- Seeing this about 1/2 mile from home.
.
.
Cnv0576 by you.
(Just to upset Punk a bit more)!
hehehe


.
.

.
I will go back up to the hospital later this morning.
For now though, (and since I have been up since about midnight), I am going to try to get a few extra winks. I am fine, but just haven't been sleeping too well, so am tired tired, tired... I do need to go back in for my ear. I will call when I wake.


I'd better close for now. Hoping you all have a wunnaful weekend!

Love to all,

XOXO
Anne


Hit Counter
 
Originally posted to my Y! 360, Friday October 17, 2008 - 06:44am (CDT)

21 comments:

  1. Although Ms Casyface looks much better (maybe a visit from the little man helped with that) I still cannot imagine the toll that the elevated counts are having on her little body. I pray that she is a ble to come home tomorrow so you BOTH can get a little rest.

    Have a wonderful (and hopefully restful) weekend!

    Thers
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had something to helpful to say. I am at a loss this morning.
    I am sorry sweet Casey is still suffering with this aweful pancreas situation.
    I got teary when you told how Gabriel got Casey up with his little kisses. What a sweet little boy he is!
    Do take care of that ear and keep yourself healthy.
    Hugs and prayers for you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you and your family. praying for the answers needed to help Casey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Casey is feeling a little better.

    I think hearing Gabriel laughing could cure just about anything!

    As for the Punkster's obsession with planes - that'll take a doggy Psychiatrist! Maybe she thinks they're big birds, and she's trying to protect you from them(?)

    Hope you get some good sleep, and that your ears feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that Miss Caseyface is feeling a bit better and it's really good to see that big smile on Master Gabriel's face. I could almost hear him giggling!!!

    Hope you get some much needed rest. You really need it. Take care and keep us posted on everything...

    Oh, and cool blimp, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwwww nothing better than a visit from Mom and a sweet lil boy..I'm so happy that Casey is feeling better!!!..What are the doc's gonna do about her counts being so high???..They're still just treating her pain..wth???

    Poor Miss Punk..this would've been a g'day for her to just stay in bed hehe

    Get well woman!!!..Winter is almost here and if you don't perk up soon, you'll be sick all dang season!!!...Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Ooh Sweet Thers;
    I did not expect that they would have released her today...
    ...especially given the fact that Dr. Hujet said "we'll watch it over the next few days, and see what happens."

    A visit with Master Gabriel would lift anyone's spirits.

    As far as rest goes, I slept like a rock until she called me around 1...
    My head still hurts, but my heart is so light!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  8. Sweet BethieBaby;
    There is nothing else TO say. The fact that you come and read and comment is MORE than enough for us all.

    Oh, and Gabriel was just SO gentle with those kisses too.

    Big sigh here... I wish they made Nyquil like they used to...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  9. Sweet Pamela;

    Prayers are such a wonderful, miraculous thing!
    Thank you!!!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet RT!

    I did take a little video that I can hear him laughing away!
    Too wonderful.
    Perhaps I will try to upload it later and post it here- Just takes SO long with this damn dialup connection...

    About Punk...
    See her 'fierce' stance? even in the car and through the windshield!
    hehehe
    Oh she was so upset!
    hehehe

    Methinks I should sleep just fine tonight!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Pam;

    Oh everything is just fine here. And soon I will be able to concentrate long enough to catch up on my friends blogs too.
    Sorry (to all), but my heart just hasn't been in it...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sweet WyckieBaby;
    I believe she (we) will be down to Madison next week, if everything goes as planned. Last I heard was that her doctor would like to see them do a few biopsies of her pancreas.
    There is no one qualified in Green Bay.
    Wish there was... And so they treat her pain.

    And Punk was just beside herself to see Casey come out of that hospital!
    What a cool dog I have, eh?!?

    I am well. Just that this ear thing is so not going away...
    I shall ask for another little bottle of those ear drops when I go in.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. *gets plunger*

    OK Anne! Hold still... You may feel some mild discomfort while I plunge your ear out!

    Casey is home now and things will slowly start to get back to 'normal' (what is normal anyway?)

    *does happy SNOW dance* hehehe

    Love Ya,

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a little late in getting over to this blog. My internet went out and had to be redone this morning. Well....took nearly all day. I let my son do it all while I watched the new Indiana Jones movie. This new AT&T service is stressful at times.

    That punk! I can just imagine her going nuts over that blimp! Maybe that was the UFO we were suppose to see. Hehehehe!

    As I already mentioned, quite out of order of reading things here.....I am glad Casey got to go home. I do hope she continues to feel better with those new prescriptions.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Discomfort?
    Is THAT what they call it when ones tonsils get sucked out through their ears?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehe

    Sweet PeachieBaby...
    Since AT&T is synonymous with Yahoo, your problems with it should come as no surprise.
    hehehe

    Funny how I thought of your blog when I was uploading that picture too...
    Too funny!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gabe looks so happy playing with Casey...Hope everything is going well for him. Glad to hear casey is starting to feel a bit better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Rock,

    Im glad to hear Casey is doing better and may get to come home soon. Im sure she will be glad to get out of that hospital as well! Mr Gabe is looking quite well and its nice to see his little smile. Do you think he might be with Jen by Christmas? That would be awesome for him.

    Punk is just too funny.. Have you given her a balloon yet? That might be funny..haha

    Hope your ear is better.. I still think they were treating a symptom of some other problem.. Like maybe a sinus infection causing your ear ache or a tooth .. I had that once. Maybe you will actually get to see your doctor soon.

    Hugs and I hope your weekend is going well.

    BeepluvsRock.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm free!!!!

    Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts! They are much appreciated and must work because ultimately they release me! I am blessed to have such friends.

    I am also very blessed to have such a wonderful mother to keep me trekking along even when the going gets tough... This was definitely my worst bout yet, but you helped me get through it every step (even the ones that made me fall...)

    Thank you for bringing Gabriel to visit me! That was so heart-warming to hear him belly laugh!!!

    I, too, am laughing at Punkie's and your endeavor with the Met Life blimp!!! I can't imagine what she did today with the fly-over jets going through while you were in town... Hope she wasn't scared too much. She seemed like she was in chipper spirits today. It was great to see you both today!

    I must get some sleep before work tomorrow... Will update soon!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!!!!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah on Casey going home and the visit from Gaberial! What awesome pictures you always post!! I love looking at them!!! I sure hope your new week will be wonderful! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete