[My] Life in Wisconsin

Eyeballs. Animals. Cars. Weather...

  magnify
Sunrise, through the pines...
.
.
Good Morning All;
Something really F~U~N~K~Y with my computer lately. Running and (reacting) quite choppy.  So if I am not "on" you know why.

I apologize for not blogging, having been spending lots of my time doing research on Casey's TP/AIT procedure; and finding people that have gone through this all.
We have not heard back yet; although Casey is to call Dr. Sutherland's office today.
Keep your fingers crossed please.

***Important note to Splat,
Please do not forget to UN~cross
those appendages.
.
.
.

pancreas by you.


.
.
As promised to my restless dogs, and myself,
we did take that walk back to the woods.
.
.
Cnv0827.....Cnv0825
You do not see Miss Milly because she was on a leash.
Too many hunters around;
(bow, and bunny, and squirrel hunters)
to be taking any chances on her wandering off.

.
.
Notice too, that we came home to disked fields.
(WTH ever happened to plowing a field,
like is suppose to be done)?

At any rate, this proved to be the last walk before the snow came.
.
.
Cnv0838 by you.
.
.
Cnv0837 by you.
Don't let ANYONE fool you.
These are the only acceptable snowfall amounts.
hehehe

.
.Cnv0841......Cnv0842
.
.
I wrote a message for you all
on the back windshield of the old Buick...

And just to give you a little idea how much "Snow" we got...

.
Cnv0839
hehehe
.
.
The "Snow" was all gone within an hour or 2.
(Yup. These ARE truly the snowfalls I love)!
.
.
Did I mention my old reliable 1992 Buick Roadmaster?

Stay with me here for a minute...

Know that I haven't gone for "Chinese" in a while; but if I had, this is the fortune that would have been in my cookie.
.
.
pee by you.

Stolen from here. CLICK
.
.
Been fighting the ahem 'urge' to not fly off the toilet and go through the ceiling when I pee. And yes you know me, it's been going on since before we went to Minnesota.
And yes too, I did agree to take the antibiotics for three days.
(Are you proud of me now)?
It is some sulfa (and a HUGE horse) pill. I also take some prescription that turns my pee a very nasty red~orange~rust color. (If I didn't think I was dying before, this surely makes me wonder)?

Back to Monday...
I had that doctor appointment, and afterward had arranged to go pick up my boys.
As I got in the Rendezvous, throwing my winter jacket (and Punk) in the backseat, I turned the key...
...It clicked and the entire panel went black.

NO !!  WAIT, dammit, I'm late already...

Not being one to trust that these cars really mean it, I turned the key a few more times. (Just to give it more chances to start).

No go. No way. Just black.

There was also no way that I was forfeiting either the doctor appointment, or the boys. So I did what any other normal (read "desperate") human being would do.
I came back inside, grabbed the keys to the
Roadmaster;
(Unlicensed for 3 years, uninsured, & in dire need of shocks).
SO?
So hang on, cuz I gotta "go".

Got Punk in there.
She loves this car, and much prefers the velour seat covers to the leather anyway, (no slippage of dog with braking or cornering).

I turned the key, and it fired right up.

I made the call that I would be late for the Dr., and realized I needed some air in the tires too.
Late. It will have to keep til after.

It did.
And I did not take the boys.  Too darned unsafe in that car...
But I did go visit anyway. (Heck I'd gotten to the clinic without being pulled over, what's a few more miles)?
.
.
Cnv0862 by you.
Master Gabriel!
.
.

.
Cnv0861 by you.
And Baby Sam!
Where on earth did those blue eyes come from?!


And which is the dominant gene, blue or brown?
(9th grade biology escapes me right now).


Hmmm...
.
.
Here's Miss Milly showing a bit of blue...
hehehe
.
.
Cnv0853 by you.
Casey thought Milly was cold outside.
It was 42° that day, so... NOT.


.
.
Even Mr Sputty shows off a blue~green cast from his eye.
.
.
Cnv0860 by you.
So he is kinda fat...
Must have been the meeces.
.
Of which I have seen NONE for the past weeks.
YAY Sputnik!

.
.

Normally, I would tell you what this is all about...
.
.
Cnv0883 by you.
.
.
But THAT'S a whole 'nother blog (tomorrows); and I'd better close for now.

I do promise to try to keep you updated better...

Love to all.

XOXO
Anne


PS
The BLUE in today's counter (below) is as close to real on Baby Sam's eyes as I could find...



Originally posted to my Y! 360, Wednesday November 12, 2008 - 07:53am (CST)

36 comments:

  1. I love your picture stories Anna, Master Gabriel is so hansome I love his eyes! yep that cat looks stuffed with mice... lol ..he's a hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Between snow and pancreas surfing, dead batteries and Doctor appointments, brown eyed boys and blue eyed babies, and a cat that you inflated with air instead of your tires, (oh yeah, and red pee too!) I'd say you've been very busy!!

    (BTW brown eyes are dominate, unless both parents have blue or green, but then there's always recessive genes, and then there's no telling what can come to the surface when they kick in.)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Bertas are hazel. They can go from a dark brown to a deep green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished Harman to have blue eyes but Brown eyes won that battle! Still brown is the dominant one so ya know! Love the pics! love and hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even tho Brown is the dominant gene my darling son was born with bright blue eyes (not from me, mine are poo brown) Having lied to my father about the parentage of my kid I had alot of explaining to do when he shows up with blue eyes. I haven't lied since!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Pamela!

    Ain't it great when these babies come through a 2nd generation with their grandmothers eyes?
    hehehe
    (Thanks for the compliment)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sweet RT;
    (Sorry, my cell phone won't stop ringing)...

    You even make it sound like I'm busy! hehehe
    Laughed at your "inflating the cat.
    But I did finally stop on the way home and throw some air in the tires.

    Now I am wondering what nutritional value mice have?

    Thank you for the biology refresher too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet RubyBlue!
    So you had BIG "B", and little 'b' in your dna. Thus he has brown!
    (It's all coming back to me now)...
    And just so you know, I am very partial to his big brown eyes too!

    Love and hugs right back to you and yours.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe
    Sweet Stanger...
    WHICH ONE?
    The 'boy' cousin or the 'girl' cousin???

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. WhooHoo Sweet Bug!
    You just threw in 2 little 'b's that's all.
    You should have stuck to your story!

    XOXO
    Me

    (But I am happy that you don't lie anymore).

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the little amount of sustenance a cat gets from eating a mouse there's practically no nutritional value at all. Cats can't digest the fur or bones from rodents, squirrels, moles etc. so if they eat the whole animal they end up regurgitating most of it. As a matter of fact most ferrel cats are quite thin for this reason. Inside mouse hunters usually don't eat their prey, they usually present it to their keeper as a trophy, or as a bargaining tool to keep you feeding them, as a reward for their exterminating skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue is a double recessive. It makes it the second most rare eye color.

    Brown is dominant.

    Ouch to the horsey.

    Glad to know the old reliable roadmaster is running. I am driving the old reliable truck is it something in the air?

    Spuuty, Milly, and the boys all look fat and sassy (in a wonderful way).


    Sorry you got the burnies.

    and the snowies.

    Things are crossing and uncrossed at random times...

    Note that this is the SECOND time ever in my life that a parent has told me to uncross....
    You been talking to dad?

    ReplyDelete
  13. B= brown\

    b= blue.

    You need two bb one from each parent to make blues eyes.

    thus if berta is a Bb and the dad is also a bB or a bb then it is very possible.

    They may change later too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...as usual the pictures are awesome especially the one with the lace like snow on the flowers...lovely enough to go on a card I tell Ya!! sorry about the UTI infection...been there done that...3 last year...that's when I finally quite my job when I realized body functions such as peeing were even put on hold and I was getting sick from it...the first UTi I thought I was dying and had no clue...the second one was not as bad and I knew right away what it was from the first. Do you know it had been over 18 years since I'd had a UTI? anyway have a great week and keep snapping those lovely pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about the snow up there. I hate snow. You do have some handsome little boys there. Sam is getting so big and Master Gabriel just gets more handsome every time I see him. I was also sorry to hear about your UTI. I hate those things too. Wow deeannes summed up the gene thing well. That is what we are learning in Biology right now. Anyway I do hope you have a great week and get some rest. Lots of love.XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lately my eyes have been closed, is that a color? Glad you're doing well despite all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "regurgitating"
    Now that's a nasty word...

    He gives me no trophies...
    And he doesn't gamble (much).

    But my olfactory nerve finds them (mostly anyway).
    That is, IF my ears do not pick up on this WWII action going on at any time, in the back or in the basement...

    Thanks for even MORE biology Sweet RT.
    Was just wondering if maybe he got a little something out of his hard work.
    hehehe


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh Ooh Sweet Splat!
    I just knew that you would know this biology too.
    (I always called them BIG "B"s and little 'b's).
    Course you probably figured that one out already.

    Good point about you driving the truck, and myself the Roadmaster...
    In the air?
    Hmmm
    Do you think we should check the jet stream for the currents from a few days ago?
    It would have come from you ya know.
    hehehe

    Giggling at your UN~crossing too!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rarest # 2?
    What's the first by the way?

    Sams eyes would have changed already if he was to have dark eyes.
    This generally happens by month two.
    He is on month 4+.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet Bobbie;
    I knew exactly what it was. Was just hoping it would go away on its own.
    (Kinda like my ear).
    wth? I have a bad back, and I get migraines.
    I have one of the BEST immune systems of anyone I know, and do not get this piddly crap.
    (I can't say that anymore).

    The last time I had a bladder infection I was pregnant with Roberta.
    She turned 28 in July. (I got you beat)!
    hehehe
    But oy vey, that's a feeling one does not forget.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet Darla,
    Truth be known, I don't think much of the dang snow either.
    If I was rich I could run away from it for the winter.
    But alas, a heavy checkbook is not my cross to bear (in this lifetime anyway).

    Hoping you have a great week too!

    Hope Mr. Dalton is well, and fat, and sassy!
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  22. Mr KhoolMan;

    But are your eyes crossed?
    hehehe

    And yes, somehow we always do hang in there!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hiya Rock.. well I say its all that cherry pepsi.. maybe you should try lemonade..hehe

    Those are some beautiful blue eyes .. the boys are looking very healthy .. Im so glad. I know you are too.
    Glad you got that walk in.. I know how relaxing that can be. Hopefully all went well with the call to the Dr for Casey.

    So have you figured out whats up with the Rendezvous yet? Just being nosey here.

    Hope you having a great evening and a wonderful Wednesday!

    Hugs
    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was really windy here. I was driving the truck already last week so, yeah, it was my fault. Sorry.


    hehehehe

    xoxoxo

    Splat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sam and Gabe both look healthy and happy ~ Very handsome as well ~ must get that from their Grandma!! Sorry to hear about the UTI ~ OUCH ~ Been there way too many time. Hope you get your car back on the road soon!! Take Care and hope you are feelin' better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

  26. Sweet Beep;
    Times like these call for cranberry 100% juice, or real berries- straight up, (with a bit of caffeine thrown in so as not to mess with my head too badly).
    it has been rainy and windy; at least that is my excuse for not going to check the dang truck out. Maybe today? Still rainy though...
    hehehe

    I need more than a damn walk to calm me down this morning... Blog by noon.

    Love to you both

    XOXO
    Anne

    RockLuvsBeep.com

    ~

    ReplyDelete

  27. Hmmm...
    Apology accepted!
    ;-)

    Damn fine thing you owned this Sweet Splat. Otherwise I would have to come out there (hitchhiking of course), and beat you up!
    hehehe
    (Just think of me as everyone else in your life of late)!
    A bit metaphorically, but STILL...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet Angel Katie!
    Both the boys are well taken care of and loved too.
    The gal in the picture with Sam is their foster mom. She has a temporary home only, but can take up to 4 permanent.
    She didn't care to lose Gabriel in the first place, but then when Sam came she wouldn't separate them so put in for permanent on both.
    How dear she is!

    As their GrannyAnnie, (hehehe) I basically held my breath over this when Berta 'lost' Sam too.
    To date Roberta has not passed a single drug test -so there is such little hope there.
    Chuck is waiting (and trying to be very patient) for the paternity testing to come back.
    If she didn't show up by closing yesterday, they were going to put a warrant out on her.
    She was to be there for the DNA test earlier in the day and no one could find her.
    (Isn't that surprising)? not.

    I don't care about the darned car until we have to leave for Minnesota. And by then it had better be in excellent running condition. (I procarstinate sometimes, and CAN, when the Roadmaster is here anyway).

    Besides, where do I have to go? Just to Caseys appointments, and mine obviously; (and every now and then to the store if the Xanax works).

    Love to all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  29. "Chuck"ling at my own ignorance sometimes...

    Compare these!

    ~
    <

    ~
    Nah, I don't see any resemblance at all!
    hehehe
    AS IF!

    (But yes, I have heard of too many of Maurys "Who's Your Daddy?" shows to believe anything 'til the DNA tests come back).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  30. First your ear and now a UTI??? I don't think my plunger will help with that.... LOL!
    Am sorry that you're not feeling well though...

    I will trade you my rain for your *S* any day! It has been raining for the past week and has been flooding very badly in some parts. Not where we live though, Thank Goodness!

    My Mom and Dad both have brown eyes. My brother and sister both have Blue eyes. I have brown eyes... Randall has hazel eyes... Kaylee has brown eyes... I'm slowly confusing myself here LOL...

    Love the pictures of the boys! They are so precious and adorable!

    Hope you get your car fixed with no hassles and no worries!

    Love Ya,

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cranberry is good.. but my doctor told me.. Lemonade.. Not kidding. And actually having tried his advice.. I believe it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such lovely pictures!! I am so glad you get to see the kids. I have seen them briefly a couple of times and they do seem happy where they are. And that picture of Chucks eyes doesn't do him justice, although some days his eyes are brighter than others!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Marie has posted a close up of Chuck-

    For everyone that wants to see the real color of Chucks eyes, please go here...

    http://bigmak6figure.multiply.com/photos/album/6/chucks_blue_eyes#1

    Thank you Sweet Marie!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ya know me...
    I HAD to go be nosey....
    Chuck has some beautiful blue eyes!

    Unfortunately you can not go by eye color alone to determine paternity... Wouldn't it be SO MUCH easier if it was that way though?

    ReplyDelete