[My] Life in Wisconsin

Happy Trails... (Really)?

Entry for December 14, 2008
Advisory by you.
Borrowed from my weather page
WBAY~TV Green Bay
No the 'click' won't work on here.


.
.


NOTE:
For those of you sent here through Casey, won't you please take a moment to sign up and sign in to read any further entries should you care to know how her surgery goes.
And please let me know who you are if you use a nickname
.
***Multiply is free, and easy...


And now...


Good Sunday Morning Everyone!
The above "c-a-r-p" is the first thing I see when I look at my weather page?
NOT amusing in the least.

We leave today. ("The time has come, the walrus said...").

From our own wintery mix, (freezing rain, snow, sleet), and current temps of 37 degrees, we will be heading into the falling temps in Minnesota. Their own freezing rain changing over to snow for the afternoon. And both places with more than plenty enough wind.

Better said by SissyKrissiePoo, a "Holiday on Ice"...

(I've got a feeling our 'Holiday on Ice' could take more than 5 hours).
Yet tomorrow is to be even worse.
Even if we don't get all the way today, that is OK. Because Casey doesn't HAVE TO be there until Tuesday.
Dang winter. But that is exactly why we planned to leave early.

Tomorrows HIGH in Minneapolis is to be +1. CLICK FORECAST.
At least that one little degree will be on the plus side of zero. You don't want to know what the lows will be either.  hehehe
(On 2nd thought, maybe you shouldn't click).

I have been asked for our mailing address in MPLS.
Not sure right now, but I do promise to post it privately as soon as I know it.

~

Know that I am so thankful for so very much~

For those people that have helped us to even get to this point.

  • For your own offered thoughts and prayers.

  • Kelli and Tim for watching home and hearth (and Miss Milly), while we are away.

  • Randy for pitching in to help in every way he can.

  • Greg; and all the last minute hustle he had to do to get my security systems up and running.
    Very special thanks
    .

  • For my Godparents who stopped in with two gas cards.

  • For my cousin who sent her husbands Hammered Dulcimer CD for us to relax to.

  • For all those who sent cards of encouragement and love.

  • For my snowplow man who has agreed to keep the yard open in our absence.

  • For my oil man whose patience rivals my own.

  • For the dog groomer who only charged me $23.00 for Punk. YAY!

  • For my friends and neighbors who will also be looking after 'home' while I miss it so.

  • And for EVERYONE who knows and loves my Baby Girl.


~Know too, there is so much comfort in all of the above.

Kelly with her little list of reminders. (And me with my silly little prayers that nothing freezes up on her too badly).

I have not yet finished packing. Will do so shortly.

But packing is not a problem. Leaving is.
Leaving the season of Christmas, unmet for the first time in my lifetime, in my own home.

Yet somehow driving headlong into the Spirit of Christmas, and the Inspiration that brings to each of us; simply as it trembles precariously on the threshold of the New Year.
And the Hope that comes with this "new" year for Casey-
(For myself and for Greg too). That we get "Casey" back in all of her glory; (just minus the ever~present pain she has stoically managed to live with for so very long)!
The hopes and dreams that this trip will bring through, and true, to us all!

Casey told me on Wednesday, "Mom, I don't care what happens in the meantime, I am going through with this surgery come hell or high water." Or so the reference was.
My own memory a tad bit muddled by the fact that I had gotten a shot for my head that day
.

While at the clinic, Casey says, "Hey, it's Dad."
...Dad? Dad who?...
(Don't nag. I have already said an extra prayer for thinking unchristian~like of him).

She asked him had he gotten the email she had sent?
(It was entitled "My Major Surgery Coming Up")... 

Since he has not seen fit to contact her once since a year ago in May, she at least thought he might have read it.
Not so.
Even IF he has been off work for the last 2 weeks, perhaps he did not have the time...
... How very nice of him.

Hang on for a minute while I refocus on that list of "Thanks" above. 
Nuff said.

My doctor here has not only wished Casey the very best of everything, but has added that he will be more than happy to speak to any doctors there that may find themselves having to treat me for a migraine. Just to have them call him anytime.

May God bless CaseyAnne's perseverance; her own unfailing spirit and Faith!
I DO believe she has more of both in her little finger than most of us have in our whole heart and soul.

On to "busy" now...

Love to all!

XOXO
Anne


Originally posted to my Y! 360, Sunday December 14, 2008 - 06:42am (CST)

25 comments:

  1. My sweet Anne will be praying all day Thursday for you and Ms Casey....many, many blessings and much love to you both today and always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried and I laughed(especially for you thinking un Christian-like thoughts)--Know that I send my energy balls upward and my guardian safeguards to be everpresent--God is truly a miracle-worker in even that--and I know --what doesn't kill you makes you stronger--but the pain is ENOUGH--it is time for Casey to get the best year ever<-----not quoteing SpongeBob--Drive safe--global warming my pettootie Al Gore!
    LOVE and good WISHES,
    Down under Geege

    ohhhh just noticed will have to listen to Punks singing--LOL big hugggggssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.. how time surely flies! Please do let us know a mailing address..

    and Please know that our hearts and our thoughts and our Prayers will be with both of you.

    Besure to let us know everything.. we will be waiting on pins and needles to hear from you guys and
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful on those nasty roads...


    Lots and lots of LUV and many many HUGS

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. although the weather may not be cooperative for you and Casey for the trip, please be known that my prayers will guide you through as this is the most important surgery that Casey will undergo....for a healthier and happier life forever.

    May God bless you both.........hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers on your journey to what we all hope are better things to come. Keep us posted on everything as you are able to. If you don't make it to your destination before nightfall, I hope you will be able to let us know that you are off the roads and safe for the night. We will all send our guardian angels to ride with you and get you there safely. Please be careful on the roads, keep an eye/ear on the weather and road situations. OH, be sure that all cell phones are fully charged and chargers are in your purse.

    Dear Lord, please be with these wonderful people on their journey. Keep them safe and warm. Guide the doctors in their quest to heal our dear little Caseyface and give her the life she sooooooo deserves to live. In your name, we pray.....AMEN!

    Take care, be safe, and double check all your lists to make sure you don't forget anything. Will check in for updates on your journey. Love to all and God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers over the next several days/weeks. Wishing you both safe travels to get there and wonderful results for Casey with her surgery. May she soon be pain free and happy!! Love to You Both..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an exciting and prayfully a healing experience for both of you. I'll keep you both in my prayers as well as the doctors involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be careful, travel safe and take lots of pictures! I do hope that you let us know that y'all got there safely... We do worry ever so much!

    Please do let us know a mailing address as soon as you find out what it is so we can send cards and what ever else...

    Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

    Love Ya's,

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for safe travels, even if it feels you are sledding rather than driving, may you arrive safely :)
    I love the part about "driving headlong into the Spirit of Christmas" ...it gives me chills.
    It is certainly the most meaningful of journeys.

    Prayers and Hugs for Casey!

    I must end with the words that echo in my head:

    The LORD bless you and keep you;
    May He make his face shine upon you
    and be gracious to you; and give you peace.

    http://www.freewebs.com/blessings4you/newyearblessing.htm

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does have the sound of determination doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be praying for a safe trip and safe return with wonderful results. Please be creful and don't forget to pst that address. Lots of love to you both! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne....Christmas will "BE" wherever you are. Even at the hospital. While it will not be the comforts of home, they do try to make it endurable.

    Have a safe trip while on the roads. Sounds like you have all the other things lined up to be taken care of in your absence.

    Wednesday will be my day of meditation with only Casey in my thoughts.

    Hugs and Prayers for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers! have a safe trip and enjoy your time together! Lots of love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be there with both of you, in spirit, everyday. (But even so... write soon! LOL!) Casey's one step closer now to her pain-free future. Hugs to both of you (and Punkie). Stay warm, be safe, be strong, and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen to all the prayers offered to you here.......My thoughts and prayers are with Casey and you hon, stay safe and warm, please try to keep us up to date...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi All;
    We are here...
    Snow. Ice. Hail, and sleet...
    Slow but sure. And very very hungry.

    Love to all for your prayers and your angels too.
    You are ALL angels to me.

    XOXO
    Anne

    Will be back after food and a nap!
    hehehe


    ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! Am very happy y'all made it there safe and sound!

    Sounds as though the weather left alot to be desired though! Sorry you had to travel in such bad conditions!

    Love Ya's All...

    *HUGS~n~A~cup~of~cocoa!*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to see ya!!!! Did you make it the whole way or just stopping for the night? Get yourselves something to eat, take a relaxing shower and just kick back. You can post us up when you are rested. I know that driving just short distances in that kind of weather will wear one out. So, just take it easy!!! My guardian angel is with you til you return home. I think you need her more than I do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you made it safely there.. Many many Hugs!

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love to you both.

    That is a long list of thank yous. To which I add my own.

    I wish you and Casey (and all the above folks) godspeed on your journey and my prayers to the thought of Casey coming back in all her glory minus pain.

    and a great big PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT to "dad"

    love hugs and more hugs and love to you both.


    XOXOXOOX

    Splat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mommy!

    I stole your notice for my top page... I am hoping that I can do so as well... Those who come here will have to abide by it or know nothing! :D Although my posts on Facebook are protected as well as Multiply from peepers that shouldn't be peeping!!! :D

    The time has come for the oysters to run... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

    Holiday on Ice is okay as long as it's not a RENDEZVOUS on ice!!!! It was for a little while, but at least it stayed under our control. We maintained a safe enough speed to get us there without getting acquainted with any ditches on the way... I wonder how many of the people who flew past us (INCLUDING SEMIS) ended up loosing that false confidence because they lost control... God Speed to those who have to go somewhere in this crap... "Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly (skate?)"

    I couldn't have said the thank-you's any better than you have here... JUST WONDERFUL!!! And I thank everyone who has been there for us from the bottom of my heart!!! (which can extend a bit further once that stupid pancreas gets out of the way...)

    In all seriousness, some genuine thank you's from me are on my blog...

    Dad? Yeah, when I approached him he looked at me like he had no idea who I am. He has even seen me in the hospital with pancreatitis, but it was quite a while ago, maybe he FORGOT... Benefit of the doubt??? Nah, I'm his DAUGHTER!!! No FORGETTING is appropriate when you are very capable of remembering...

    I asked about that email. "No, Cheryl gave me something, but I didn't read it."

    UM WHAT?? I must've not illuded to the fact that the email was important... Do you think I should've been more specific, or would "MY MAJOR SURGERY COMING UP" be enough??

    I mentioned my transplant surgery. Even people who aren't that close to us that casually ask why we were on our way and we told them about the surgery, they reacted with compassion and realized the severity of the surgery.

    Dad's response, "Oh, okay." nothing major, right dad???? He asked what it was for, and I answered, "My pancreas, it's shot now..." thinking that would jog his memory. NOPE! "Why? What's wrong with that?"

    UGHHHH! I was ready to walk away at that point, but he is my biological father and I explained the surgery. He had no compassion in his voice. Like he was talking to someone he'd rather not pay attention to.

    Blood isn't everything... Ok, must get back to happy thoughts...

    I am very happy that the doctor said he would make sure your migraines are taken care of out here. I am glad that he is looking out for you because I won't be in any condition to be able to do so...

    I think my perseverance, spirit, faith and hope have all gotten stronger and part to do with this surgery. It will be big and a long recovery too, but I'm in the best hands I can be and I will make it through this. For once I do, everything will be brighter!!

    I am saying extra prayers for Dr. Sutherland as well. May his skillful hands be guided by the Lord for my surgery as well as a fellow CP patient who gets his surgery done on Monday.

    I love you Mommy!!!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, guys! Glad you made it alright. My thoughts and prayers are with you both and with Greg as well.
    My Uncle Mac (that nice looking feller with me in my ID pic.on 360) lives in Rochester, MN.
    I, as so many others will be...holding good thoughts and saying many prayers for you guys on Thurs.
    I will be sitting in the airport at 9:00 a.m. Thurs. morning, waiting for the arrival of my daughter, Cheryl as she arrives from Afgan. on her three week R&R. She will be home for Christmas and her birthday, which is Jan. 4th, and then leave to go back over on the 5th until her return home toward the end of March.
    Much Love and Tight Hugs to You All.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Go with God. Extra prayers being said down south by anybody who will.
    Love to you both.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Inquiring minds? hmmmmm well I shall be here in Texas until the 26th and then off to Arkansas til the 4th.
    My name is already "MUD" for not spending Thanksgiving with mom, and auntie.. so I shall spend Christmas with them and with my son and then head out the next day. Robert will be working anyways.

    The 20th is Graduation day for Robert.. so we are all very excited!

    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  25. You will be in Minn. by now and I know you're safe..God is always with you my friend..He has brought you through so much and has kept you strong..I miss "seeing" you..I do get by to read you blogs when I can and you're in my thoughts everyday..along with Caseyface and clan..Much love to you my friend..please stay safe..Love you, Beth

    ReplyDelete