[My] Life in Wisconsin

NOT Funny, Justin

  magnify

Good Morning All;
NOTE: If you don't care about the silly weather in my neck of the woods, just skip down to the red type.


Stormcenter 2 Personal Forecast has an important announcement from the National Weather Service regarding your local weather.
**** 10:05 AM CST Sun-Dec-07 - The Weather Service has issued a weather bulletin for your area.
WINTER STORM WATCH
Wisconsin counties - BROWN, CALUMET, DOOR, KEWAUNEE, MANITOWOC, OUTAGAMIE, WAUSHARA, WINNEBAGO


Today: Cloudy with snow showers developing for the afternoon. High around 30F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%.
Tonight: Cloudy with snow. Low 28F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.
Tomorrow: Snow likely. High 31F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Tomorrow night: Snow showers before midnight. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 6F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%.
Wednesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the mid single digits.
Thursday: A few snow showers. Highs in the low teens and lows in the low single digits.
Friday: Snow showers. Highs in the low teens with temperatures nearly steady overnight.

And THEN this morning came this...

MAJOR WINTER STORM!!!
MAJOR WINTER STORM!!!
(I heard you twice the first time).


A MAJOR WINTER STORM WILL IMPACT THE AREA BEGINNING THIS EVENING, & LASTING THROUGH MUCH OF TUESDAY.
Snow develops this afternoon and spreads over the area this evening.
The snow will become heavy at times.
Strong winds on Tuesday create blowing and drifting snow along with limited visibilities.
Travel will become VERY difficult late tonight and early Tuesday.
A total of 7-14" is expected with the highest totals from Wautoma through the Valley, Green Bay, & Door County.
Find out more in your updated StormCenter 2 Personal Forecast.
StormCenter 2 Meteorologist, Justin Zollitsch.
NOTE: I used to like this guy...
(he is not alone with my newly discovered contempt for the weather)

This storm, named "CARTER" --is NOT "peanuts", kids.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED.
SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS.
IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...USE EXTREME CAUTION...OR WAIT UNTIL THE STORM HAS ENDED.
THE LATEST WISCONSIN ROAD CONDITIONS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 800-762-3947. 

THE "WINTER STORM WATCH" IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!  (Ya think)
?



So you know what I am up against here... Working against time today, and woke up late after a terribly restless night.

Due to the fact that Randy was invisible and thus quite ineffective, I am bringing the wash to the laundromat today, (where ever THAT is); and have more than a few stops to make in short order.

I made a joke in my last blog, or in the comments that the worst part of my day was psyching myself up to take a shower in this cold. (If it is not bitterly cold outside, it is effing snowing out there)!

That "worst" was simply not true.

The worst of it all came when Casey called, in terrible pain, and unable to even move.
I could not leave because the repairs to either of my cars had not been made (as insinuated they would be -by the invisible mans phone call early on Saturday).

I immediately called down to Kelli's.
Tim was here in minutes with a battery charger- And his air compressor.
We left the charger on all night long after hearing that Buck had been visiting to Greg and Casey's. An ex marine, he picked her up- pain or not and carried her down to the car.

She was once again treated for her pain...

But how freakin' bad was the feeling that I couldn't have driven in if her life had depended on it.
(Wait Mr. Invisible, "p*ssed" does not even come close)...


Yesterday morning, Kelli and Tim were back- (and on their way to pick up a load of hay for the horses).
Got the car running, and I was off.

Fleet Farm happily said I could be first on their list today. I tried to explain that by then the car would NOT be running anymore, nor would the tire be inflated.

So... to avoid Packer traffic, it was on to Sears.

The alternator being shot too.
They found a piece of sheet metal in the tire, and could repair it thankfully.
Tires rotated.
Install a new, (and damn good), battery; and I was headed home.
I am sure I was more than a bit happy to write the fookin' check by the time it was all over and done with. (I am further sure that the bank won't like it). hehehe I shall stop there on my way into town.

"Time" = "PREMIUM" today.

Hope you all had a grand weekend.
Love and warmth to all.

XOXO
Me

Free Hit Counter




Originally posted to my Y! 360, Monday December 8, 2008 - 10:29am (CST)

12 comments:

  1. This weather has gotten me down already, usually I don't mind, but for some reason this year it's different. Will continue in my prayers for Casey and the rest of your family. For you I wish peace.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Well thank you Mr. KhoolMan!

    Not so sure if it is a down thing; rather a very p.o.ed thing that has gotten to me.
    Seems as though everything (knock on wood) that could have gone wrong this week HAS.
    And working in the effing cold without gloves is the worst.
    Yes, unpopular as this comment makes me, some things are still a mans work-
    Must find me that man then.

    I thank you for the thoughts and prayers.
    Must go back out and work on the well now.

    XOXO
    Anne

    PS
    As of right now, and after a b*tch of a day that left me 20 miles from home in one of the worst panic attacks ever, it was sure nice to come home to at least one comment.
    I humbly thank you for taking the time to write. At this point, there are over 30 views. Go figure.
    Either Multiply is broke, or I have left everyone speechless.
    Hmmm...

    ~

    ReplyDelete

  3. Well, I guess having had my comment post answers that...
    sad now.

    :-(

    ~



    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope you have everything you need so you don't have to get out in that storm. Sounds like a full blown blizzard. Haven't seen one of those since '75. I've seen some pretty radical snowstorms but not a full blow blizzard and frankly don't care to. You just stay warm and safe.

    Just got home about an hour or so ago. Have lots to do this evening before they come in and put in the new bathroom floor tomorrow. Keep us posted on how things are going with the storm. Bundle up and batten down the hatches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened?? Car break down again??

    Am sorry that you're having a bad day. Seems as though the *S* that's coming hasn't made things any easier... Why is it that everything breaks when you're pinched for time?

    I know at times like this there is really nothing anyone can say to make things seem better so I will leave you some warm hugs and thoughts...

    (((((((((((Anne)))))))))))


    Loves Ya,

    Slurkie

    PS: Am also keeping Ms. Casey in my prayers, she has 10 days til surgery and hopefully the end to all this horrible pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very glad you can trust the car now... Hopefully, anyway... I can't believe that one worker there who swore so much at the lady waiting for her tire to be fixed!! Wow! They must be UBBER stressed!!

    These snow storms are friggen awful! I can't believe it! I don't think it has stopped snowing at all since last week. This is insane... On that note, I will be glad to be in the hospital for most of this winter! I just feel bad for you and everyone else who have to drive in this crap!

    UGH!!!!

    I do care about the weather in your neck of the woods, I am in your neck of the woods... I am so glad we got the roadmaster running though... That should free up some space for the plow...

    Lots of hugs and kisses for you in hopes that tomorrow is better than today!

    I love you Much Much,
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. you guys name your storms? ARe they all guys or do you mix it up?

    Glad the car is fixed and glad to hear Casey got to the hospital.. See God does work in mysterious ways.

    Im sorry your plumbing is still frozen.. that has to be a pain in the butt! JT has used some stuff where you wrap the pipe and then when the temps fall below freezing it engages a contact and then it works like heat tape.. come to think of it maybe it is heat tape.. whatever it is.. we have to check it occasionally but it seems to work wonderfully. Same stuff they use in freezers to keep the drains from freezing up. (that would be.. big huge freezers by the way)

    I hate laundrymatts.. ekkkk! Hope the rest of your day goes much much BETTER!

    Luv and hugs

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We switch it up... This is the list for this year:

    ASHWAUBENON - 2008-2009 Winter Storm Names

    1. Andrew
    2. Brooke
    3. Carter
    4. Dawn
    5. Eli
    6. Faith
    7. George
    8. Hannah
    9. Ian
    10. Julia
    11. Kyle
    12. Lily

    I found this online... One of our local news channels... AT: http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/web_links/weather_wluk_ashwaubenon_winter_storm_names_200811191503_rev1

    ReplyDelete
  9. How come Ashwaubenon doesn't name any those storms after Indians? Are they tooooooooo white?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird.

    I replied to this earlier.....

    I said something about being glad the cars were functional again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I didnt come by earlier. I saw it in my inbox, got busy, and then forgot to come back.
    I am sorry to hear Randy was invisible, he sure missed a lot of chaos!
    Hope Casey is feeling at least somewhat better by now.
    Glad to hear your car is fixed but worried what this means "(I am further sure that the bank won't like it)"...I hope that is at least somewhat better by now also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future. To get more information best online drug store from online pharmacy usa.

    ReplyDelete