[My] Life in Wisconsin

Stinky.



BS emoticon
.
.
.
Good Morning All;
Mad at my camera- (Probably mad at myself too). I have a huge scratch in my camera lens that I have no idea where it came from. STINK!
At this point I am thinking to buy a new camera instead of replacing the lens. The digital cameras have sure come down in price since I bought my first one; and I will at some point go "in search of"...
I am also thinking that little trip could be lots of fun!

I have been awake since before 3AM- One of those nights where sleep came early, and wouldn't come again... Too easy this way to get my days and nights mixed up.

That is alright for right now though... I prefer to be awake and to turn a faucet on every now and then- 7 below zero right now- Not as bad as yesterday when it was 13 below.

For everyone dealing with the awful ice storms countrywide, my heart goes out to you. If you still have power, run some water now so you have it for when the power goes out.
Truthfully, I would rather deal with the obscene temperatures we have had than all your ice.
STINKY.

I have tried to keep up with the peanut butter barage of recalls.
It is not possible for me to do so.
Please just don't eat anything "peanut".
.
.
?
Salmonella Typhimurium
Pic stolen from FDA Website.
.
.
A bit of info, and a few links for you to check out if you still feel the need to eat peanut butter; or if you would want your own rss info.

RSS Feeds: http://www.fda.gov/oc/rss/

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/peanutbutterrecall/index.cfm
Search for Peanut Butter Product Recalls

"It typically takes 2-3 weeks for Salmonella infections. That means that someone who got sick last week is very unlikely to have been reported yet, and someone who got sick three weeks ago may just be reported now."
http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/typhimurium/epi_curve.html


A-Z Index Click for info on diseases from ADHD, Birth defects, vector reform diseases, zoonotic diseases and everything inbetween


****This statement was WAY TOO VAGUE for me.
"It ...is not known to be distributed for retail sale in grocery stores."
Wait... HUH???
STINKY!

.
I had to go into town two days ago- On my way out of the 2nd driveway, something caught my attention, reflecting the sunlight...
.
.
?
Cnv1211
This was not at the end of the driveway,
nor was it within tossing distance from the road.
Kinda freaky~ Definitely stinky.
It serves to remind me that I like Milly outside.
Just too cold yet to leave her out overnight.



.
And unless I have become a sleep walker/drinker, it sure isn't mine.
Of course maybe if I had drank one or two I wouldn't have any problems sleeping!

Worse now.
The good news first.
Mr Sputty-Cat is doing his job! (Say "yay").
The bad news? I CAN'T FIND THE DEAD VARMINT!!!
It is in the back entrance. Somewhere. But I am glad it is back there I suppose.
Talk about stinky~poo.

Have a "wunnaful" Wednesday! Love to all.

XOXO
Me


Originally posted to my Y! 360, Wednesday January 28, 2009 - 09:09am (CST

18 comments:

  1. I think the mouse drank the beer, and got alchohol poisoning. Darn Alchoholic rodents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Ya got me there Sweetie.

    So I gave Sputnik credit where there is none due?
    Dang. No wonder he's such a prissy ass cat.

    But then was it the MNOK (mowiss next of kin) that threw the empty can out in the driveway?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you scratch your camera lens??? Maybe the drunken mouse scratched it for you???

    Kinda scary that beer can being so close... Makes ya wonder about people now-a-days... No respect for anyones property...

    Stay Warm!!!

    Love~Ya!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well first of all, Sweetie, I didn't scratch the lens.
    (Do drunken mice have diamond nails)?

    I know people actually go "parking" in that 2nd driveway- Milly always lets me know when she's outside. hehehe

    I shall have to jack up Suamico Police.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. stangerdaze saidI think the mouse drank the beer, and got alchohol poisoning. Darn Alchoholic rodents.And no way is the cat giving up an alcohol filled mouse. That's a delicacy.

    Have a great day girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey FLINTVILLE,

    Broadband may be coming to an area near you !!!!!! Part of our stimulus package ....
    $5.13 billion for rural grant and loan programs, including programs to support broadband deployment, the Rural Business Cooperative Service, housing insurance, water and waste programs, and community facilities.

    You Tube better watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne those beer cans are made from aluminum. When empty they are so light that when the wind blows they can end up anywhere. I have watched people throw cans toward the trash cans across the street, miss, and then drive away. Those cans, with just a slight hint of wind, usually end up over here on our side of the street. Usually just the wind from a big truck sets them off into rolling. If they end up over here I put them into my can collection for the recycler.

    People use your 2nd driveway for parking?! How rude! I would put nails out there for them. The nerve of some people. Or put a sign up that says WARNING: ANYONE PARKED IN THIS DRIVEWAY THAT DO NOT BELONG HERE ARE BEING VIDEO TAPED FOR PROSECUTION OF TRESPASSING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Rock, Well that explains the "stinky" hehe

    Do you have a Circuit City nearby???? I hear they have a huge sale going on.. might be a really good deal on a camera.

    Could the winds have pushed that can up further into the yard than normal????
    Either that or maybe you should tell Casey to pick up her cans instead of just tossing them aside.. cause we know it wasnt you drinking that..hehe

    As to the Peanut Butter.. Im probably very nieve about it all.. but I am not worried about anything that might be in my house. (of course, I dont have any cookies, I dont have any cakes and I dont have any pb or cheese crackers, sad aint it)
    I still just dont understand how it can be served in a hospital.. and only one person get sick.. just doesnt make sense to me.


    Good luck on that shopping trip!

    Big ol hugs

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that Sputty is doing his job. Thank you for helping me to keep up with this peanut butter recall thing. I am glad that we were well stocked before hand. My husband on the other hand is having a hard time not eating all of the extra peanut butter stuff.
    Sorry to hear about your camera. You are such a good photographer. I do hope you get a new one soon.
    Please do stay warm. We are so fortunate that our winter hasn't been really really bad yet. We did get 4 inches of sleet and then 6 inches of snow on top of the sleet. My little Ion does not like the white stuff much.
    Rest up and don't over do it. Lots of love! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

  10. Sounds kind of like Chocolate covered cherries at Christmas!
    Mmmmmmmmmmm

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  11. Now this sounds fascinating on a very selfish level for me...
    I shall really have to check into all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's the poop about the breezes etc.
    They were blowing from the south and the southwest-
    Neither of those places for me are even inhabited!
    The closest places south would be down the cliffs and way across the river.
    Southwest would be the old gravel pit. About a mile away.
    Go figure. Maybe it was flushed out of a plane. hehehe

    I don't care if anyone goes parking there as long as they don't throw ciggie butts out and burn down my trees. And as long as they don't scare the dogs too badly. But for cryin' out loud, take your trash with ya!

    Putting nails down would really p*ss off the Sheriffs Dept. They park there to catch speeders.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shall have to tell Casey to clean up after herself too!
    Wouldn't that be a hoot? (But I shall also "duck" when I say that to her)!

    Circuit City sounds like a plan. They were once on this side of town- Not sure, but I think they built out by the mall. I promise to check into that!
    How weird is it that I just now saw their ad on TV??? Must be fate!

    I do have some chunky peanut butter from last summer. (Mostly it's for the dogs, we don't eat it a lot). But those times that we did, no one ever got sick.
    But THAT could be all about immunities etc.

    XOXO
    Me

    RockLuvsBeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sputty did a half job. Probably just maiming the poor damn thing and then letting crawl under the laundry stuff.

    Tell Randall not to eat that crap.

    And about the camera. I can take pictures- Just that I have to make sure the angle is right and that there isn't the scratch showing etc etc etc.
    A veritable pain in the arse.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe your lens got scratched at Olive Garden on Saturday?? Circuit City sounds like a plan... The cameras available nowadays are so cool with 10 and 14 megapixels... Hope you find one that suits your needs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was actually scratched before that. We did work around it for the most part though.

    Gotta get a zoom- Mine has 15x through the lens alone-
    And I also have 8.1 megapixels. That was enough for me-
    (I bought a huge memory card- Never even used 1/2 of it at once). Plus if I had, there was always memory IN the camera itself.
    Sigh. (This is HUGE).
    But I don't want one of those itty bitty damn things that are so small like a cell phone either. I want a camera I can actually SEE.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there Anne : )
    We finally got that snow we had been wishing for. Along with some ice. (kids out of school today and have been out since tuesday) The Ice storm didnt take out our power but it did both north and south of us. The ice was very bad in Cincinnati according to the news. A public works manager was killed when his car hit ice and collided with a plow truck, it was one of his own men driving the plow....so sad.

    The beer can seems to have taken on a life of it's own.....oh, if aluminum could speak : )

    I sure hope you find the decomposing remains of Sputty's toy soon....I'm sure that IS a nasty smell : (

    Sorry to hear about your camera, I hope you find a great deal on a new one !

    ReplyDelete