[My] Life in Wisconsin

What in the Hell is Wrong with People? Part Two?

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_dnr_says_deer_rundown_by_snowmobilers_111091104_rev3
DNR says deer rundown by snowmobilers

**********
Last Edited: Monday, 12 Jan 2009, 7:27 AM CST
Created On: Sunday, 11 Jan 2009, 11:36 AM CST

* Robert Hornacek

TOWN OF LIND - A farm field in the town of Lind in Waupaca County turned into a killing field.

"It was obvious snowmobilers were running them down from behind," said Randal Yorkson, who farms the property along a snowmobile trail in Waupaca County, near County Highway EE. On Saturday morning, his son found several dead deer.

"One, after it was on the ground, looked like snowmobilers parked on top of it and just gunned the snowmobile and tore the stomach right open of the deer," Yorkson said.

The Department of Natural Resources is investigating the case.

"It appears to me they were going around and rounding them up and trying to push them toward the center to make it easier," said warden Ted Dremel.

"Many of them had broken legs, hair and what not was missing off the deer. You could see where snowmobile tracks drove right over the top of them," Dremel said.

The warden said three deer were dead in the field, a fourth was alive but had broken legs so he euthanized it. A fifth deer was found several hours later dead, tied to tree. Dremel said the deer was likely tied to the tree while it was still alive.

"We believe they dragged it from that field and tied it to this tree," Dremel said. "Absolutely needless."

The woman who owns the property is so upset about what happened that has temporarily shut down the snowmobile trail.

"I really couldn't believe that someone could be so malicious to animals," said Virginia Niemuth. "They were maliciously run over and dragged by the snowmobiles. They were skinned alive you might say."

Niemuth said she will re-open the trail, but only after the people responsible for this are captured. "They need a trail but when things like this happen you can't keep it open," Niemuth said.

The president of the County Line Trail Blazers snowmobile club is also angry about what happened. Stuart McIntyre said about five miles of a major trail are now closed. "Unfortunately it just takes a couple individuals to ruin it for everybody," McIntyre said.

Snowmobilers are not blaming the property owner, they blame whoever used the trail to slaughter five deer.

If you have any information about the incident you're urged to call the Department of Natural Resources at 1-800-TIP-WDNR. Callers can remain anonymous.

The County Line Trail Blazers (715-258-8472) and Waupaca County Snowmobile Association (920-596-2379) are both offering rewards in the case. Right now the reward totals $3,000.

**********

Click on the link at the top if you would rather watch the video.

What in Gods good name is this world coming to?

After yesterday I don't think I have too many words of disgust left, but this is almost equally heinous, is it not?

XOXO
Me

10 comments:

  1. As I sit here crying and shaking my head wondering why or how could anyone do this...it almost makes me think after hearing about the one deer tied to the tree could be devil worship some how? Some type of Satanic Ritual...just plain mean and cruel I hope they find them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law....when I hear and read things like this makes me wonder if they can do this to an innocent animal and not care...what could they do to a human being?

    ReplyDelete

  2. A very GOOD question Sweet Toni;
    There have been studies done on those murderers- Guess they always start with animals...

    As far as the Satanism goes, I do not think that was the case- But there was no bleeding out- Just GORE from what I have heard.

    XOXO
    Me

    And yes, I am a hunter- Many of my family and friends are too.
    But this is just a sick and sordid waste.
    I would never condone this kind of suffering for any reason, nor for any creature.

    I hope that when the perpetrators are caught that they just get the very same convictions as a mass murderer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These people are just SICK! I hope they catch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me ill...

    I hope these people are caught, tied down and run over with a snowmobile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, future murders of the world. Maybe th woman who opens the snow mobile track should string some fishing line across the path... about neck high. Ok that was gross too. I take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't bear to read this kind of stuff.

    If they catch them can I tie them to the back of a snowmobile and drag them around then let the deer stomp them before I run them over with the snowmobile?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are people so bored with their own lives that they have to go out and mutilate, maim and kill for kicks?! I will never understand the mentality of this kind of person. (And I have a nephew-in-law with that same kind of mind!)

    I say somebody should sick PETA onto them! I am sure they would come up with an appropriate punishment.

    The Bible words ring in my head..."Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword!" Or....in this case....they killed with a snowmobile and they should die by a snowmobile!

    And....in the simpler Forrest Gump words..."Stupid is as stupid does!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Senseless Rage to innocent Animals They need to be caught and the apporiate Justice Taken , The Small percent of People who do these Awful things take away the rights and Privileges from The Majority who Respect Life and property.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely ridiculous. I am appalled that people would do this stuff. I agree with the statement WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO. I hope those sad, sick people are caught. How disgusting. Even if they don't get caught I know they will have to answer for their maliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I turned off the news after a couple of seconds. I was sickened.

    ReplyDelete