[My] Life in Wisconsin

Spit On A Mitten...

Loved My E~Mail Today!
.
.
Cnv1387
The new growth over Winter always amazes me...
All the reddish is 'new'.
.
.
Good Evening All!
OK, so it's been a while again. Thank you for the notes, yes I am alive!

A while back I had mentioned that one of Casey's fellow patients (TP/AIT) had simply disappeared. We had met McRick at the hotel upon our arrival to Minneapolis. He had his surgery 2 days before Casey- I'd spoken to him once after his surgery- on Unit 6B, then he was just gone.
I hadn't heard anything from him.
I had lost his mothers email address, and so always included her in my prayers for him too.
Coming online late this afternoon, I had an email from him. OMG! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who it was from. He is still waiting to go home, but should be released tomorrow after his doctor appointment!
Say "YAY!"
...And then add a HUGE sigh of relief too
.

Casey had a dentist appointment today. I spoke with her as she was going in, and haven't heard anything since. Imagine she could be quite sore as they were to fix a cracked (off) tooth. Ouchy.

From The Old Farmers Almanac come these words:
"Still come the flakes of white,
Like blossoms pure and light."
–J. Hazard Hartzell (1830–90)

I don't know who this Hartzell person was, but it's clear to me that they didn't have a forecast that calls for 6-10" of snow on Thursday.
ugh
.
.

Cnv1388
I really thought we had enough after last week.
Those snowstorms "hid" my front porch steps once again.
.
.
.
.
.

spit on a mitten
hehehe
I do love Maxine!
I actually have to get some washer fluid (soon).

.
.
Punk and I spend time outside for now though-
She runs and runs, chasing that little squeak ball of Milly's.
.
.
?
Cnv1379
And when I do not pay close enough attention, she "hides" her ball.
Burying it in the snowbanks and then "finding" it.
Fun(ny) to watch!

.
.

Cnv1390
..
By the end of the day she is completely pooped out!
As am I.
hehehe
.
.
Cnv1391
.
.
Yesterday started out kind of chilly- About 5 degrees. Kelli had asked if I would run down and take the blankets off the horses around noon.
I'd spoken to Casey in the meanwhile, and she was itching to get over there herself.
A few minutes after noon, my phone rang...

It was Casey.
The blanket was off Miss Breezie, but Miss May was not cooperating in the least. (It has been a while since Casey has been around the horses lots, so Miss May wasn't having anything to do with her).

I went down there then.
May wanted to play "keep away" from me too, so I grabbed her ball and banged on it a few times.
She came running then!

.
.
?
Cnv1372

.
.
But still didn't want to let me take her blanket off.
I told her "fine, just keep it on," and turned toward the gate.
She immediately came to me, and was quickly disrobed.
I really don't think she had "disremembered" Casey;

She was just having too much fun playing with us!


?
Cnv1373 .
Casey with Miss Breeze.
Miss May on the left.

Casey has a dead animal on her head.
hehehe
.
.
And it wasn't long at all before Miss May was loving Casey..
.
.
?
Cnv1378
And Casey loving every bit of it too!
.
.
I'd better close for tonight and get my jammies on before the news.
Hope all is well in your own little corners!

Love to all!

XOXO
Me
free hit counters
free hit counters

Oh, and for those of you that might not have been around a year ago, you may not know that "DISREMEMBER" is actually a word...

Now this, from my previous entry of it.



disremember • \dis-rih-MEM-ber\ • verb: means to forget

Example sentence:
"'It was the British who did it,' I said quickly. 'I disremember the place and time....'" (E.L. Doctorow, Loon Lake)

Did you know?
English has been depending upon the word "forget" since before the 12th century, but in 1805 a new rival appeared in print -- "disremember."
A critic in 1869 called "disremember" both "obsolete" and "a low vulgarism," and later grammarians have agreed; it has been labeled "provincial and archaic."
In 1970 Harry Shaw opined that "disremember" was "an illiteracy," adding, "never use this word in standard English." (By 1975, Shaw amended his opinion to "this word is dialectal rather than illiterate.")
"Forget" is indeed a vastly more popular word, but "disremember" still turns up occasionally, often in dialectal or humorous contexts.


Originally posted to my Y! 360, Tuesday February 24, 2009 - 09:08pm (CST)

25 comments:

  1. OK
    There is something horribly wrong with this site right now- Took me 5 tries to even post this, and the it showed up 3 times.
    Go figure.
    I swear Yahell must have bought Multiply...
    sigh

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could get myself to say disremember, LOL

    Those horses are beautiful and so playful. I've always wanted more time around those wonderous creatures.

    My spoiled Mimi spends as lil time as possible outside when the temps dip below the 20's. Just long enough to do her buisness and come back in, LOL punk seems to really enjoy her time where ever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sawy you are having a rough time. You aren't the first person I have seen with double (triple) posts today either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *tries to post another comment*

    I think I would disremember to say disremember, LOL!

    Looks like Punkie had fun playing in the snow... I bet she guards Mama Milly's ball too...

    The pic of Miss May giving Casey a 'kiss' is just too darn cute! I've never been that close to a horse, not sure how I would react...

    Snuggle up with Punkie and stay warm! Hopefully you won't get that snow on Thursday!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the link from the press....

    Keep in mind that I live N and W of Green Bay...

    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090224/GPG0101/90224162/1207/GPG01

    Winter storm watch on Thursday; 6-10 inches of snow possible

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet OKA;
    The horses are so cool! And yes, when the spirit moves them they can be so very playful.

    I laugh at your Mimi- Punk harasses me until I go outside. (Which I don't mind doing as long as it isn't too freezing cold out).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn thing anyway...
    (But happy to hear I wasn't alone)!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet SlurkieBaby'
    Do not ever EVER disremember to say disremember!

    Funny that you mention about her guarding Mama Millys ball...
    I threw it one time too many yesterday, and it was hopelessly lost on the front lawn, and deep in the snow. I even tried to hear it squeak as I walked all over where I thought I'd thrown it...
    No luck.
    Punk went nuts looking (sniffing) for it too.
    The weather was decent today and when we were out playing with her other ball, she made a beeline to the front yard.
    Took her about 7 seconds to locate that squeak.
    Thank God it was found. Every time I let her out last night she would go in search of it...
    And Lord knows I cannot let her out the front porch door, so i was running around in my jammies and booties to see that she didn't go down the driveway.

    I promise to snuggle tonight. Kinda chilled...

    XOXO
    Me

    Now why have you never been that close to a horse????
    Silly. You would do just fine!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I probably deleted that blog just when you were posting your comment.
    Sorry Sweets!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries! Good thing I have a somewhat decent memory LOL!

    ReplyDelete

  11. They have already changed the forecast- Since I posted that link.
    The link said most of the snow should go north...
    Now Green bay is right in the middle of the whole shebang...
    sigh
    ugh
    carp.
    etc
    etc
    etc


    ReplyDelete
  12. Dangitallanyway!

    Seems like you can't win for losing!

    It will be spring soon, right??

    ReplyDelete
  13. soon (sn)
    adv. soon·er, soon·est
    1. In the near future; shortly.
    2. Without hesitation; promptly: came as soon as possible.
    3. Before the usual or appointed time; early.
    4. With willingness; readily: I'd as soon leave right now.
    5. Obsolete Immediately.

    hehehe

    I know, I'm a smarta$$ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK Never mind about not hearing from CaseyFace
    I see her new blog now.
    Oops
    Here it is. Do the click.

    XOXO
    Me

    http://edbdkcn.multiply.com/journal/item/101/W.O.W._The_Flu_and_Numb_Cheeks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Things looking fine in Flintville. Are you sure that that thing on Casey's head is dead? The horse sure seemed to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the sun has found you at any rate.. this is a good thing..hehe

    Good morning Rock!

    Its been rather a long yet short week for me.. I hate being on pager.. and to top it off .. stopping smoking.. oh what a horrible week its been..hehe

    Hugs

    beepluvsrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dammitall;
    A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT. HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE DIMINISHING. THE SNOW MAY BE MIXED WITH SLEET AT TIMES ON THURSDAY. ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 9 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR HIGHER AMOUNTS IF ALL OF THE PRECIPITATION FALLS AS SNOW. SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS ALSO EXPECTED...ESPECIALLY THURSDAY NIGHT.

    http://weather.yahoo.com/storm/USWI0288.html

    http://snipurl.com/cmaop

    ReplyDelete
  18. So tell me again why you live there - I disremember. *L*

    No wonder Miss May didn't want to come near Casey at first - she didn't want to get anywhere near that dead thing on Casey's head!

    Do you think Punk somehow knows that Miss Milly left her ball to her in her will? It sure looks like Punk treasures it.

    Speaking of dogs - I shall have my very own dog come this Saturday! Say YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ugh. Sorry to hear you are getting more snow.

    It sounds like at least the critters over there are having a good time (except the one on Casey's head).


    If you disremember snow does it cease to exist?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Snow??!!!??? What is this thing you speak of....I seem to disremember it. **Grins**

    You know you could always move down to Louisiana and avoid all that fun....doesn't 103* everyday for a month sound better? How about mosquitoes...can't I convince you?

    ReplyDelete
  21. anyone who complains about mosquitos has never lived in Wisconsin. They grow large enough there to carry off a buick.

    scary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love the pic of Casey getting love from Miss May. Oh Lord if I could please have a horse of my own before I die...what I wouldnt do....whoops, sidetracked....sorry :)
    I am sorry about all your snow.....

    My own forecast goes something like this:
    # Tonight: Overcast. Low 41F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    # Tomorrow: Cloudy skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High 56F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
    # Tomorrow night: Showers in the evening, turning to a steady rain overnight with a few thunderstorms possible. Windy. Low 51F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
    # Friday: Rain with a rumble or two of thunder in the morning. Then cloudy skies late. Morning high of 51F with temps falling to near 40F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

    I wish I could share the 50's with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that is so great that you got that email! What a nice suprise! Plus those pictures oh wow!! I love the horses with Casey! So pretty!!! You always take some great pictures! I enjoy looking at them. Yikes on the temps too! Brrrrrrrr It got warmer yesterday but cold again today!! Have a great night! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

  24. Sweet Sheri!
    I am SO happy that you commented on hearing from Rick!
    I am happy to report that he should have left Minnesota last night and should be home (and warm) by now!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete