[My] Life in Wisconsin

Call Me "Coward"...



Good Evening Everyone...
Casey's surgery got moved up to 8AM on Monday. Much easier for her that way as she doesn't have to wait all morning and into the afternoon being half starved..
She did spend last night in the hospital- Much pain and vomiting- and had a migraine thrown in to top it all off. Poor silly kid. (I know how she feels).

I still do not have my computer back, so no pictures. ..Yet.
hehehe .
→ → I do, however, have the better part of 200 pictures on my camera. Waiting...
I can upload them in Minnesota and maybe I'll have 10 or 15 worth saving or posting. Hard for Greg to be rebuilding my computer with Casey so sick, and he works full~time. But I do believe my computer is finished. They will bring it out in the morning. (He will either get it all set up, or reprogram my home security system so it can feed to his own computer).

Now.........

"Mother Nature and Canada!" (Need I say more)!?!

Originally we were going to leave on Sunday. Not going to wait that long. Not with a new major winter storm thrown in.
Now wait,
~CAN I drive in 6" of new snow? Of course I can.
Do I want to drive 300 miles in it if I don't have to? Nope.

Although it might have been fun years back (more carefree then); AND, all the cars had rear wheel drive too! Wheeeee

Call me a yellow-bellied chicken if you must. I would rather put out an extra night at the hotel than to drive in that crap.
No snowplowing anymore either- Snow in April only messes up the yard for a few days. (Hey, I'll still be gone, so I sure as hell don't care). hehehe

Damn shame I won't be here to have to clean the gravel out of the lawn. Maybe a gremlin or two will do it for me before I get home... ???
Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.


While we are gone, Kelli will check on Sputnik; and Randy will be around as well.
My poor Spazzie Sputnik, all alone this time.
I shall leave a few drapes pulled so he can at least lay in the sunshine, (if there is any).
Kelli and Tim had the flu- Tim's was last week, & Kelli was so sick this week. Nice of Tim to share!

I took Mr. Miller and Miss Punk back to the woods this afternoon. Apparently Miss Punk decided that the bath she had on Monday needed fixin' and promptly lay down in the mud in the field.
Sheesh! Didn't I have enough to do before we leave?

I tried getting to a few blogs earlier this morning- Multiply was not cooperating.

Hopefully all is well in your corner of the world. I will blog from the Land of 10,000 Lakes, (and lost body parts).
AND I shall have pictures!

Love to all!
Have a "wunnaful" weekend!

XOXO
Me, aka "Fraidy-Cat"


Posted to Y! 360 Friday April 3, 2009 - 08:48pm (CDT)

15 comments:

  1. Why put yourselves at risk, not worth it. Glad the moved up the surgery. I would hate to wait all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please have a safe trip. I know you can probably drive in that stuff but it's the other drivers you have to worry about. Most think that if they have four wheel drive they can just go willy-nilly down the road---and usually find them in a ditch up the road somewhere. So, no, you are not a scaredy cat. It's always a good idea to go a bit early and be safe.

    I've had a bit of a problem with multiply myself the past couple days. Today has been better. Yesterday and the day before I kept getting this thing that said I had to prove I was human. Said there was to much automated happenings going on and they needed to know that I was actualy a person. WTH???? Don't know how human they think I am at 5 in the morning though...lol..

    Anyway, be safe and let us know if you can that you have arrived safely. Update us when you are able to. Will be keeping everyone including the surgeon in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blamin' Canada for the snow? heh heh! We've just had a whole day of rain up here in Ottawa. You can have that if you'd prefer... I'll send it your way (cos I sure as beep don't want it. I'd rather have snow!).

    Hugs to you both for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Safe journey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...another Canadian to help me out here.. :) I am in Nova Scotia and we are having rain by
    the buckets!! So see Annie....we are sending you rain and your part of the woods is turning it into
    snow and we are not to blame at all. I just knew it!!! I think you better say you are sorry to us
    Canadians who wouldn't do something like to you ever!!! LOL just kidding. I hope you only get
    rain and I will be praying for everything, just like a good Canadian!! :) God go with you and bless
    the both of you, the surgeon, the nurses, Casey girl, Mama girl and punk, plus your vehicle and all
    the cars on the road so they don't cause any accidents. We always say "the road prayer" before
    we get on the highway, so now our granddaughter, Annika who is 9, says it for us and I'm telling
    you we even bless the crows, the road kill and anything else she can think of!!! LOL So, you are
    well blessed and prayed for. I'll keep looking for news. I'll also pray for NO panic attacks!!
    Lots of hugs, have a good sleep and happy dreams. Love u xoxoxo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make a wise decision and stand (or drive) by it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Rock,

    Sometimes discretion is the better part of valiance.. I dont blame you one little bit for wanting to beat the weather.. sometimes ya just have to.
    I sure hope this helps her... I simply cant imagine the pain and suffering she deals with on a daily basis...
    Punk just wanted to try to get cleaned up for ya.. hehe.. Ya know there are those that pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a good mud bath.

    Poor little Spud.. Hopefully he wont develop a complex..hehe Im sure he will be fine.. cats are pretty good at entertaining themselves...

    Keep us up to date.. Many hugs and lots of luv.

    blrdc

    ReplyDelete
  7. You think the Minn will change their license plates?

    I sent you an e-mail.... it is of course meant to be shared with tha sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing wrong with playing it safe. I would do the same thing if it was me...

    Sorry to hear Kelli has the flu, hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    Watch out for those gremlins! They can do more harm than good sometimes... hehehe

    Travel safe... Let us know when you get there so we don't worry!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leaving early for Minn sounds like a good plan to me, you'll both be more relaxed for Casey's surgery on Monday that way. Have a safe trip, keep us updated when you can. I'll be thinking about you both and sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep better safe.....thinking of Casey and you hon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We made it...
    And Punk got 222 instead of 210. But Amanda said she'd better behave!
    hehehe

    Going to try to work on some pictures now...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant teach that girl nuttin! Buy her books and she just eats the covers..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you arrived safe and sound .. Will be thinking of Casey and you also tomorrow ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are due to get snow tonight too. I hate snow! I am glad you guys arrived ok and I will continue to pray for you both. How is your head holding up? I hope all is well. I will be patiently waiting for an update.

    Lots of love to you both!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am reading this late and I already know you arrived safe and sound.
    LOL@ "...the Land of 10,000 Lakes, (and lost body parts)."
    You keep your sense of humor through the toughest of times, I love that about you!

    ReplyDelete