[My] Life in Wisconsin

Lumpy Me. (An Obvious Lesson in Humility)...

  magnify

Only in Wisconsin does one see this on a city boulevard.
.
.
Good Morning All;
I am still catching up, and have come to the conclusion that that will never work. hehehe
Not caught up on here, and certainly not within my own home.
I have not given up though.

We had rain for 3 days this week, receiving 2/3rds of our May rainfall in two days!
.
.
528 Rainfall
Suamico did very good with respect to those of us that still have our own wells.
.
.
Even with the rainy days we have been quite busy.

First to take Punk to see Dr. Spires...
.
.
527 Punks Temp
Since she had been running a fever on Tuesday
so he took her temp.
It was fine Wednesday. . .
.
.


She was due for her shots etc in June anyway, we decided to get everything over and done with at this visit.
She still must remember that stick in her eye- (CLICK if you don't know the story). She does fine getting weighed in, but when it is time to go into the exam room she would rather just leave...
.
.
They drew blood to check for anything weird.
(Like Casey's, Punks veins 'roll' too).

And had to check her lungs, respiration and heart rate...
.
.
527 Dr. Spires listens
All was well. . .
.
.
I wanted to have him recheck her anal glands while we were there.

She is not too big on this, (but she sure as heck tolerates it much better than I would).

She keeps a very close eye on him afterward...
.
.
527 Punk Mad
Methinks Punks face and tail tell the whole story...

"boof"?!?
Which we translate to mean "I been VIOLATED!"
.
.

.
Casey and I had not eaten lunch yet.
(Yes, I am aware I have gone from anal glands to food in one fell swoop). hehehe

Those of you that have been around the longest, know three things about me.
  • due to my anxiety attacks that I do not do well with spontaneity.
  • I was on a dart league for many many years, but that I haven't shot since my right hand lost its usefulness.
  • since I no longer shoot darts or tend bar, that I have no reason to enter a tavern.

I rectified all of that on Wednesday, to a small, (brave), degree anyway...

We brought Miss Punk home from the vets. Then drove down the road to Wouters Front. It is a tavern and a restaurant. (Used to be a little store there too).

Not wanting to press my luck, or Casey's, we ordered our food "to go".

I dug out my old darts while we waited for our food to be ready.
When I shot league darts I was quite good if I do say so myself. As was the rest of my team.
(
Us four gals won the title championship for 14 or 15 years straight)! "YAY" us!

Casey put a few quarters in the machine getting the 301 Game set up while I checked the flights and such on my darts.
She didn't care to use mine, opting for the lighter 'bar darts' instead. (That's fine by me, I never did 'share' my darts too well).

She threw an impressive round of about 80- She hasn't shot a dart for a long time either; (for me it's been about 6 years).
Please remember that in these 6 years my right hand has failed something awful. (I used to write letters all the time; and as for typing my favorite key is "backspace").


  • I threw my first dart.
It shot straight to the floor. !

OK, so I haven't shot for 6 years, and now that I know how it "feels" once more, the next two darts will be perfect.


  • I threw my 2nd dart.
It joined the first dart on the floor. ! ?

WTH? I've got many witnesses to the fact that years ago when I used to drink I never threw 2 darts in a row that far off target...

I might have heard a bit of a snicker from my youngest child at that point too. Followed very closely with, "What happened, Mom?"
I looked at my inept hand, and said, "it doesn't work"

BUT I still had one dart left!


  • I threw the 3rd dart.
It joined its partners right on the floor. ?!?

I was immediately (and quite firmly) convinced that Gary Wouters must have installed some kind of force~ field that instantly drew all of my precious darts onto the floor.

I further believe that even with my 'beginners luck' at 22 years of age that I have never left 301 on the board after the 1st round!
That is exactly what I did on Wednesday.
.
.
527 Darts at Wouters Casey
Casey, with her near~perfect form!

.
.
527 Darts Wouters Front
Lumpy me. No form. No grace.
I decided to throw underhand after the 2nd round.

(Heya Gritter, Jill has NO competition from me doing this either)
.
.
Yes, the "Itty Bitty Kid" kicked my butt. (It still hurts).


I think Miss Punks butt still hurts too.
Because for some reason, she need to soak it for a while yesterday.
.
.
528 Punk Mud Bath 2
.
.
.
.
So how has YOUR week been?
I've decided to crawl back under my rock.

Love to all.

XOXO
Me



Posted to my Y! 360 Friday May 29, 2009 - 11:42am (CDT)

16 comments:

  1. Too bad about the force field. I think you were robbed at the dart board. Darts are too much fun to be messing with the board.

    Punk looks like she is in heaven in the mud. With your back acting up, however did you get her clean?

    I don't blame her for watching the Doc closely. I feel the same way.

    Good on you for getting out and trying. Hope the back continues to improve.

    Hugs,
    Cille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything turned out good with Punk at the vet and I can imagine he was glad to get away .. LOL at that last pic of him , I can imagine he was quite messy after that ...

    Sorry to hear that your darts didn't meet there mark and I hope you do better next time ... I played in a dart league for several years and our team did quite well also .. I loved playing and even though I don't play in a league anymore , a few of us get together from time to time to have a few games ..

    I hope you have a great weekend .. I am heading off to work shortly and I don't wanna ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwe poor Punk....lol....she seems to be enjoying that relaxing mud bath though, Hey it happens to the best of us hon, I tried to play tennis after ten years seated #1 in high school and college and my son beat me.....age hurts...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Punk looks as if she belongs in the mud. She is complete opposite of Mimi at the vets. Mimi is super excited, doesn't matter what they do to her. I swear. A few months I had to take her in and get her dew claw cut back far, she had tore it good. They took her into another room so Michaela didn't have to see Mimi "scream" in pain. Nope, not Mimi, she kept liking them and wagging her tale the whole time. Even after the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. She showed you for taking her to that awful poking, nosy vet.

    Sorry to hear that you have lost your form.... try to relearn lefty.

    and congrats to Casey for beating your butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad about the darts, for me it's typing. I won the typing award from my high school in '74 for typing 135wpm for 5 consecutive minutes with 0 (zero) errors, and that was on an old manual typewriter! After high school I didn't type for 20 something years, when I started using a computer (10+ years ago) I couldn't remember where any of the damn keys were. I'd completely lost it. I even bought a typing software program to reteach myself how to type - it didn't help, I'm still huntin and peckin with two fingers.

    Punk looks like she's taking a "spa day" in that mud puddle. A fine reward for anal mis-treatment.

    BTW, it's common to see tractors on state roads and highways here. In fact, there's this one guy who had so many DUIs that his license was revoked - so he drives his tractor into town! (You don't need a license to drive a tractor.) Only in good ol' Blairsville!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With or without a force field, I am terrible at darts. I feel your pain!

    Nyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. *takes rock Anne is hiding under and throws it* :-P

    I suck at darts... I would have probably stuck my darts in the wall... Take me next time-- THAT will boost your ego, LOL! ;-)

    I did notice in the pic of you throwing your dart that they had skee ball there too... Now there's a game that I used to kick butt and take names later at, LOL...

    Poor Punk... Goin' to the doctor is never fun! I love the looks that she can get on her face sometimes though... Methinks a mudbath was just what the dr. ordered for her poor lil booty... LOL...

    My week here has been uneventful (which is a GOOD thing!)

    Hope your weekend is warm and sunny!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love darts. it's been forever since I've done this. I used to be good too.
    Punk and the vet reminds me of my kiddos going often to the doc. They hated it just as Punk expressions said so. I don't know about that mud bath. Hope it made Punk feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL don't feel bad, no one gets worse than me, and that is why I never played. I used to try and
    practice on the kids dart board, but I only did that when no one was home and I never got any
    better, so I gave up. Good for Casey....at that age they never forget anything! haha I'm glad she
    is looking so well.

    Poor Punk!! He sure had a dirty look for the good Vet!! LOL

    Have to get to bed since it's 2:07 a.m. and I'm supposed to be going earlier!!!

    Hugs & blessings,
    B xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Anne...since Roberts passing my house has yet to be back in order or clean or anything yet. Now that my sister is in the process of moving, she is getting rid of things too. Those "things" will be coming to my house to add to the pile of stuff for our next and hopefully, final....yard sale. I hate doing those things but if I can make a little more money off of it, why not. After that...this house will be at least 80% closer to being organized and cleaned again. I can't wait but as of now it may be closer to the end of June before we can do it.

    Poor Punk. She knows when she has been improperly manhandled! Glad she is feeling a little better now. Amazing how the dogs also know how beneficial those mud baths are.LOL!

    I'm with you on the darts. Not thrown any in a long time.Good thing that door is an exit and not an entrance, huh.
    But....that door would be safe from me. My darts would all be in the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Rock,

    So did they figure out what was wrong with the Punkster or was it passed off as some mysterious well shes better now kind of thing? Poor thing.. she was violated and that mud bath was probably a great fix! I promise I wont tell that you arranged it! (the violation that is)

    I was always the one at the pool table, never did toss darts..hehe Probably would have ended up on the floor too, hehe


    Have a great weekend!
    Mucho hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinball machines were my games of choice.

    We don't have a lot of tractors like that on the roads around here but we do have those huge super dooper sized ones pulling cotton and sugar cane wagons to the processors.

    Poor Punk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap...

    Wonders how long my page was messed up now? As I see I haven't replied to any of you.
    My apologies to you all.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  15. hehehe (Maybe it was just me being lazy too)...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would never happen, miss busy bee.

    ReplyDelete