[My] Life in Wisconsin

On The Farm At The Pryes

.
.


Kittens at The Pryes Farm

.
.
.
Good Evening Everyone;
A long day for me... "resting".
I am beginning to hate that word. (Especially as I watch my grass wave in the breeze).

A bit of catching up to do. Bear with me, I am a little behind...


Casey came out Thursday afternoon. We took a ride to Brandy and Johns. I had wanted to see her goats for the longest time, and never availed myself.

Brandy is laid off from Carver Boat. She has worked there forever- The layoffs affecting so many people.
(But with that, I knew she would be home).

Miss Ashley met us almost as soon as we'd pulled in. Such a beautiful smile she has, and showed me one of her little bunnies too.
.
.
514 Ashley and Baby Bunny

.
.
.
And yet another bunny!
.
.

.
514 Bunny
They have more than a few!
.
.
.
As we walked out to the pasture, the animals all came to see us.
(Well, some of them did).
.
.

.
514 Goat
CUTE!
.
.
Miss Ashley decided to pull a few handfuls of grass and dandelions.

They absolutely LOVED it!

Salad for goats!
Who knew?!?

.
.
514 Goat 2

Dinner by the handful! hehehe
.
.
.

The sheep in the back (left) seemed so fat-
I asked Brandy is that one was expecting?
No- She just hadn't been sheared yet.

.
.

.
514 Goats 3
.
.
Even the cows came to have a peek!
.

.
.
514 Goats 4

Isn't that baby goat just 'to~die~for' cute?

.
.
.


514 John and Ashley
.
.
John took a break from mowing the yards and came to chat too.
.
.
.
514 At The Pryes

Brandy, Casey, Ashley and "The Lawn Boy"
.
.

.

514 Chicken

Even the chickens are very tame!

(A far cry from visiting our Hortonville friends as youngsters,
wreaking havoc in the henhouse as we'd chase their chickens).

.
.

.
514 Cute Chicken
.
.
.

.
514 Herd of Chickens
.
.
.
.

John had just returned from a Veterans vacation/retreat up north at Lake Tomahawk. John is Marine Corps, Vietnam. S
alute.

He had many pictures of the cabins and amenities at Tomahawk to share with us.


.
.
514 John and Casey
.
.

Then they brought out "TOES" the kitten.

.
.
514 Casey and Toes

He would not hold still for love or money,
But if you look closely you will see his paws are like mittens.
He has extra split toes on each front paw!
So very cute-
And calico too! (My very favorite).
.
.

Brandy took us to show off her pigs.

She has many medium size ones...
(Sorry, but I didn't take pictures of them all).
.
.
.
. 514 Pigs
.
.
And she has a few extra large ones too!
.
.
514 Brandy and Pig
.
.
.
.
.
514 Brandy and pig 2
.
.
Mmmmm Anyone hungry yet?
hehehe

.
.
Casey and I came back home; and to add to our day, we found this little guy right in the garage- For some reason, they cannot find their way out, even when the darn door is up. They come in, and think they can fly out the window.
I got out to show him the way...

Casey had her hands full keeping Punk from coming straight through the dashboard to 'save' me as I caught it and brought it outside. (Otherwise we would have a picture of a "bird in the hand").
hehehe
.
.
514 Chickadee on owl
.
.
For some reason, they cannot find their way out, even when the darn door is up. They come in, and think they can fly out the window.

I got out of the car to offer a bit of guidance...

Casey had her hands full keeping Punk from coming straight through the dashboard to 'save' me as I caught it and brought it outside. (Otherwise we would have a picture of a "bird in the hand"). hehehe


For now, I must go find a bit of supper, my tummy is growling to rival the dog!

I hope everyone had a "wunnaful" weekend!
Have a good night
Love to all.

XOXO
Me



Posted to my Y! 360, Sunday May 17, 2009 - 08:17pm (CDT)

43 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon! Your right the kid was just too cute! and the kitten oh my goodness, makes you want to take it home. Too sweet!

    My goodness the size of that PIg? hehe of course, I immediately thought Swine flu..haha sorry!

    And I have noticed that about birds myself.. of course Im so very superstitious about a bird in the house.. it would scare me to death!

    Now take it easy so you can go back to the doctor and pay him another office visit to do nothing for you..hehe (sorry couldnt resist)

    Mucho hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures and it sounds like you had a full day. Ashley does have a beautiful smile. I loved all of the animals. Those pigs are huge! The baby goat or kid is too cute but I learned my lesson with those little suckers. At the St. Louis Zoo we have a petting zoo and you can feed those little buggers and they will eat anything and then head butt you when it is all gone. Not so bad if they have no horns but these have horns and they are very unpleasant. haha. I do hope you feel better soon. It has to be killing you to stay in the house so much. Dalton would like to say hi. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhthyyjhukikkllll''yyrewwqwrrreccccccccczzzzzzzzzzz7yyyyyyyyyyyyyh,ngvxdsfhujghgjhkm,jmnmkjhgdsdbk,k,jmgbvftfgggbghyhggyhuuyyttyyytffgtfgggghgtgytuyuyhyuujijiji88ui878776676bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.
    He's a little long winded today. haha. Lots of love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwww!!!! I want a kitty, and a bunny, and a goat, and a big pig to ride on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and sounds like you had a nice weekend .. Hope your starting to feel a little better .. Have a great upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's almost better than a trip to the zoo. Nice pictures, great pictures and I'm still giggling about your grass waving in the wind. You did say grass right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures as usual. Glad Casey was up for the trip. Do you think anyone would notice if I adopted Toes? He's just adorable!!! I really like the owl that the sparrow is sitting on. Hope the back is better and glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. moo....

    umm oink....

    cluck?

    Salivate.

    Dang it, just pick one, I am hungry.

    and rolling is not good for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures! I'd love to have a place big enough for a few sheep and some chickens, and maybe a cow.
    The calico kitten is called a Hemmingway (named after all the 6 toed calico cats Earnest Hemmingway had down
    in Key West.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He? Calico? That kitty's worth some $.

    Everything looks so green and welcoming.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You forgot baaaaaa. I hear mutton can be quite good. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the farm shots. I swear that is my destiny, to have a farm one day. It has been on my list of 'wants' since I was 5 and decided owning a horse was necessary and vital to my healthy developement, lol.

    It was sooo nice of you to rescue the bird. I wonder....how do birds pay it forward?

    Oh the complexities of the mind.....boggling, isnt it?

    (hehehe)

    Have a lovely and extremely RESTFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great blog, I pay 20 bucks and up to go to a working farm here in Phx...lol.......thanks for the tour, I looooooooove calico's too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops! Shame on me!

    And I am Indian! I eat a lot of lamb/mutton....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwwwwwwwwww! The calico kitty is just cute as a bugs ear! ;-)

    I love calico's they are one of my favorite types of kitties!

    All the farm animals were cute too! Baby goats are just the cutest!

    Your 3 days are up aren't they? How is your back feeling?

    I hope your weather for the rest of the week will be awesome!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. easier to catch than buffalo I imagine. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahahaha, wrong kind of indian but right idea.... we have a heck of a time catching the water bison. *wink*


    and Anne, I keep coming back to giggle at the "Mohawk" on that brown goat with the horns! he is quite to punker!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Beep;
    If ever I would have stolen a cat, it sure would have been that one!

    Stop thinking about swine flu and Brandys pigs. The pigs have to be sick first, you silly girl.

    The bird was only in the garage, not in the house... Now tell me about the superstitions?
    (I am quite ignorant you know).

    I giggled at you telling me to take it easy.
    That is ALL I have been doing, and it's not working.
    (Although I do believe I am catching up on every minute of sleep I have lost in the last year).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Darla;
    Please have Mr Dalton hit the space key every now and then. hehehe
    Then give him a big old hug from Grandma Anne

    Miss Ashley is one of the sweetest kids I have ever known- Always ready with a big hug for yours truly. (Although I had to tell her 'not too hard' this time.
    hehehe

    We never had pigs when we were farming (We had "Grade A" milk and Pa would have had to build and upkeep other buildings for other animals).
    And so I always saw pigs at other farms or at the County Fairs and such.
    I have never seen such HUGE pigs myself. Very very cool.

    XOXO
    Me

    Oh, and do hug yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet Thers;
    Isn't that the truth?
    You made me laugh!

    Why not the cow?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mr KhoolMan;
    It IS better than a trip to the zoo!
    When you go to the zoo, you can't talk to the zookeepers.

    Laugh if you must at my gr~ass.
    It is turning to ready to eat hay real quick like.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet Cille;
    Stand in line to adopt the kitty!

    When I was little, we had one, (count it "one") calico that came out of all of the litters.
    He was MINE!
    And I swear I even had him trained.
    One day he simply disappeared.
    I haven't been the same since.

    I remember then hearing "Those Were The Days" (Robert Goulet, I believe).
    That was the very first song I ever cried to.

    That owl?
    Send me your address I will send it to you.
    Serious.

    My back sucks.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  22. My comment is already taken.
    hehehePea

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have that place Sweet Rt;
    (And right about now you could have it).
    But you would have to bring 100 6~toed calico kittens. hehehe

    I didn't know these kitties had a special name. Thanks for that!
    Funny too, one year we had over 50 kittens. Always had a LOT of cats.
    None ever had 6 toes!
    We had one that was called "Sore Foot" though- He got stepped on by a cow.
    So gross- His little deformed paw.
    But he lived to be over 10 too.
    That is 'old' on a farm, by a county road.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  24. Sweet SD;
    Why is he worth more than Sputnik?

    I feel fine.
    My back hurts like hell though.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHA!

    Still laughing my arse off at this reply-
    It was my first thought when I read Pea's comment.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet BethieBaby;
    You will have to move in when RT comes.
    I can watch you girls tend to the animals from some rocker someplace.
    Bring the kitties too.

    "Pay it forward" made me laugh too.
    It hurts to laugh, so cut it out.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  27. Sweet Pamela;
    I am sorry you have to $pend good money to visit a farm! Shocked too.
    (Pa could have made a killing)!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  28. hehehe
    Not me.
    It tastes narfy.
    (Must be the ginger).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet SlurkieBaby;
    Calico's are SO cool!
    Reminds me of some kind of kaleidoscope cat.

    My 3 days are up. I rested.
    Not too much better.
    But oh the sleep is very good.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  30. Sweet Pea;
    You should have the pic of the goat by now!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  31. dang it! Everyone but me caught that ommission!

    ReplyDelete
  32. mmmmm maybe... i dunno, myine doesnt have a lot of ginger in it...

    perhaps I should post that one here...

    bbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    i used to hate to lose a sheep on the operating table... but loved the mutton it brought to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  33. right goat...wrong 'hawk!

    xoxoxoxox

    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  34. don't be showing me that on the web!

    *snicker*

    sorry....so VERY tired.

    bed for me....
    go to bed YOU!

    to tired to see, too tired to feel keys to touch type.....

    Isabelle, says avoid the pink bubbly carpet.....

    ReplyDelete
  35. Boy calicos are extremely rare. People go nuts over them.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Besides being rare, they are normally sterile.

    How's the morning sickness battle going Lady?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm a people and I went nuts over that one!
    (You must be right)!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am extremely rare!!!
    (And sterile too).

    But I don't have morning sickness.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. OK to solve your gr-ass waving problem you need to bring over a couple of those goats for a few days. Baaaaaaaaaa......

    ReplyDelete