[My] Life in Wisconsin

Welcome to My Morning...

  magnify
Taken yesterday as the clouds threatened...
.
.
Good Monday Morning Everyone!
More rain on and off all day yesterday.
The new moisture left this scene as the sun came up...
.
.
Cnv0220
.
.
It promises to be sunny. (Unless it rains of course). hehehe
.
.
And days like this you just need to put your sunglasses on...
.
.
.
.
Cnv0203




.
.
I began mowing lawns yesterday morning. Made a few swipes as I outline the yards before I begin. And then a few drops of rain. Nothing to worry about as the grass was very dry to begin with.
Another sweep around and I hit a rock that shut my blades down. Jenne and Isaiah were at mass, so no one to crawl under there for me...
I pulled the mower in the garage.
Not even two minutes later, it was pouring rain.

On to "Plan B" then-
I thought I would sew a few stitches on Jenné's maternity clothes.

Casey and Greg called. They were on their way out. And came inside soaking wet! Guess the Good Lord saw fit to keep me dry by throwing that little rock under the mower deck.

I began sewing, and as soon as I did the sun came out. Not for long though, and more hit and miss fell on the grass... Even a few little hailstones.

I never did get back to mowing, being that the grass was so thoroughly soaked...
...And then the danged bobbin jammed on my st00pid machine, so didn't finish there either. (This will give me ample time then to cut more material to be ready for stitching). hehehe I am no seamstress, but these will cover her pregnant nudity well enough.

Jenné and Isaiah got back from mass... Casey got an urge for a pizza- Her and Greg went to Pulaski to pick some up from Hot Stuff. (Mmmmm)...

As they left, I heard a weird noise... It was Greg K. with his tractor, and mower, and bucket, mowing the lawn that had gotten too long on me earlier. AND he had already mowed back by the woods.
.
.
Cnv0217
.
.
He not only mowed that west yard, he also moved the pine pile; leveling it off, and spreading it in the dip in the back yard.

.
.
Cnv0218

.
.
I am so happy that is all done!
.
.

.
Cnv0219
~Shot just before sunrise this morning...
.
.
Going to throw a few flowers seeds in there too!

Another "try to be" busy day ahead... It is already almost 70°
Nice out there... And I must get outside!
Yes, my back still sucks. No it won't keep me indoors...

As most of you know, there is something wrong with my updates... Sorry if I do not get to your blogs...  I have written Multiply already, but they always take a long time to respond...
Will let you know when either the updates or the dang toolbar starts working again.


Love to all
Have a fantabulous day!

XOXO
Me

PS
Jenné just woke up and came downstairs...
She got pulled over for speeding last night!
HAHAHAHA


Monday June 15, 2009 - 09:03am (CDT)

19 comments:

  1. OK. So I can post...
    I just can't see any of YOUR blogs and/or other updates...
    Will try back again later...
    And RT, I did what you said.
    Nothing helps.
    I really did break it?!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have rain moving in here too. So, I need to get out there and work on that yard before it hits. At least with our mower we really don't have to wait for the grass to dry out to mow it. Nothing like good old fashioned mechanics of an "old time" mower, huh??? I really do love that mower. It's paid for itself several times over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of mower do you have that it doesn't get jammed with grass if it's wet?
    Even my gasless old push rotary mower gets jammed up.

    I WANT YOUR MOWER!!!
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good guy leveling out your yard. I would like to see pics of the maternity clothes you are sewing. When do we get to see? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hey Sweetie;
    I think I posted them in the comments section in my last blog...
    But that was when Multiply went all screwy for me.
    Please let me know

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a reel type mower like the "old days" only it's much easier to push. We've never had trouble with it jamming up unless the grass is too tall and that's what's going to happen if we don't get out there shortly and get to work on it.

    ReplyDelete

  7. hehehe
    I do have one of those too! Mine gets plugged with wet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool shades Punk!

    You have good neighbors and friends to help you out the way they do.


    Sometimes life has a way of making you slow down - by throwing a rock under the mower or jamming the bobbin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone's not in Texas anymore. Yard looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog as usual and I always love that you add the pictures .. Glad you got help with some of the mowing.. Its been lovely here now since it cleared away on Saturday and its suppose to be great all week .. Hope you get your multiply fixed soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh Jenne...slow down girl, LOL

    So nice to have neighbours who care enough to help. Maybe you can get caught up soon.

    Take Care of You

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder what nice neighbors feels like....My husband thinking he was helping out the elderly lady next door pulled her trash bin out with ours and she called the police on him and stated he was stealing her trash! life in the big city I guess. lol actually reminds me of one more incident, we were out and a little kid started choking on a hotdog and Paul did the hiemlick on him and some one thought he was beating up the child and called the police ...shakes head. a harsher world here in Phx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always good to have friends with bigger better tractors....

    I miss Joe Henebry for that. He used to come by and decide my field needed mowing and would just have it done before I got home.

    no long weeds for me. All that for the price of a biscuit for his dog and a glass of sweet tea for him on a hot day.

    well Ok, I miss him for more than that..

    jenne should start a local nekkie preggers movement...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Sweet Annie,

    So glad your neightbor got your mowing done and the leveling also. Nice to have good neighbors.
    The sunrise is just beautiful. I love the misty quality.
    Punk looks good in Casey's sunglasses.
    Pizza, yum, yum.

    Got my own mowing before the rain moves back in. Watch out for your back and know I think about you.

    Hugs,
    Usuns in KY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. Show everybody the clothes you're making. I bet we'll all be impressed. Seems nothing can slow down the Jenne. She wouldn't just be nekked, she'd be steaking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woof looks soooooooooooo cool in those glasses. I love that dawgy! And Casey's looking so well too. That's a lovely photo of the two of them.

    And I am definitely not showing his lordship the photo of that digger, cutter, mower machine or he'll want one and end up digging the whole neighbourhood into oblivion!

    Hugs all round xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to have friends and family that will help without even being asked...





    ReplyDelete