[My] Life in Wisconsin

Detour: a Muddy Road Ahead?


This chart so needs to be changed!
Not everyone who has pain shows it in their faces.

Perhaps this should only apply to children?
.
.
.
Good Wednesday All;
Here I am! hehehe
Sorry that I haven't blogged one bit since we got back home. I meant to, but this back of mine is less than nice about that...

If I have missed anything in your blogs, please let me know. (I believe that I am almost caught up)?

Now where were we?
By now you have read Casey's entry of her experience in Minnesota, so I will try not to repeat.

But I do have a few pictures for you.
(I should probably warn you that below there is one picture of her innards).


While we were waiting for Dr. Sutherland, she had to try to be occupied...

So why not play with the expensive medical instruments?
.
.
.
.
Cnv1673 
(Kids today). hehehe
"...and lead us not into temptation..." 
.
.
.
.
.
Cnv1672 
  That prayer obviously came too late...
.
.
.
She showed me her Popeye arm...
.
.
.
Cnv1677  
.
.
.
Radioactive.svg
.
HELP!  Please?
I have been unable to uncover anything about that radioactive contrast dye that was spilled into her arm.
Can anyone enlighten me why we should not be concerned about the long term side effects of her radiologists accident?!?

Knowledge is power, and I would feel better being "in the know".

Here is one of the pictures from that fateful EGD.
.
.
.
EGD

Please do not ask me how to interpret it all. (Nor do I know what the white speckles are).

Casey will have to undergo more surgery.
This surgery, to be a 'detour' of sorts. Her bile is backing up from her small intestine into her stomach. This is what is causing her the pain that she has been having for at least the past month.  For now, she is on Carafate. It is an ulcer drug, but it coats the stomach and intestines, so her pain won't be so bad. 

Dr. Sutherland is trying to buy her a bit of time by putting her on this course of treatment. I have just read that you can take it up to 6 or 8 weeks, (depending on the site you read). 
I thought he had mentioned 6
months.

.
.
.
Below is George. He is Swedish- and very talkative. He drives the little buggy for people that are unable, or unwilling, to walk miles underground every day. He is a joy to the ill, and a contagiously happy man for everyone!

.
.
.
Casey and Transport Driver
Casey and George.
.
.
.
.
.
These are two of the doors we passed by on our way to one of Caseys tests.

They made me giggle!

.
.
Childrens entrance
Very clever!

.
.
After all was said and done, we were on our way home...

This truck passed us on I-94... 
.
.
.
Cnv1687 
Lucky bow hunters.
(Seeing them also made me very hungry)!
.
.
.
It rained almost every day of our week there.
Happy I had my umbrella.
Yes, Punk hates it!


Lots of rain, and plenty of wind too.

.
.
.
Cnv1686 
The grasses put down by the strong winds...
.
.
.
Good to see a bit of color left over -in the trees and on the hills...
.
.
.
.
Cnv1680  

.
.
As we neared home, it became apparent that we had also received a ton of rain while we were away.
.
.
.
.
Cnv1689
Just one of the ditches on our road...
.
.
.
And then to see old John Ryan's hill- (The last hill before home).

There is a little road that goes off to the left. That is where the original Ryans home was.
.
.
.
Cnv1690 
.
.
Down to a third of a mile now.  And always nice to see ALL of the pine trees there? Mom and Dad planted every single one that you can see in this picture!
.
.
Cnv1691 
OK. So it isn't the most impressive photo of those trees,
But there are over 40 acres that they did plant.
.
.
And then came...
.
.
.
.

.
.
Cnv1692 
.
.
.
.
Only one more driveway, and we were home!!!!

.
.
Cnv1693 
No one stole my weeping willow! hehehe
.
.
And some things never change...
.
.
Cnv1695
   Yes, he was on the INside ! 
.
.
At any rate, we are home- 
And when Casey's "detour" is done, then all will be well once again.

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world!

Love to all.

XOXO
Me


31 comments:

  1. Wish they would decorate as cheerful for adults as they do for children. It's bright and cheerful, just like George.

    It suxs that Casey has to have another surgery, but I am glad they figured out the pain. Hope things are smoothed soon.

    Love your pics of the trip home.

    ((((Anne))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radioactive dye... no biggie... Casey will just glow in the dark. Think of all the fun she will have next Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to know they know what's wrong with Casey and they can fix it .. Sorry to hear your back is still so bad ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they figured out what is wrong with Casey, That girl is like the little engine who could. or a timex watch.....lol takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, praise God. I hope your back feels better soon hon, the stress of a sick child doesnt help. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful that Casey finally has answers. I'm sorry to hear that it'll result in yet another surgery in order to make her well again. I hope the Carafate will tide her over until then. Thank goodness you found Dr. Sutherland, an excellent doctor that you can put your confidence in.

    Home Sweet Home. After all these years of looking at pictures of your home and the way to it I almost feel like I could find it without a map. (Maybe some day!)

    I bet Sput was glad to see your car pull in when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh good Lord poor Casey has been run through the mill with all of this and I pray that this next surgery is the very LAST one and fixes her all up and good! Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that Casey got answers... Sorry that she will have to go through yet another surgery... Dr. Sutherland is an awesome doctor, no two ways about it!

    Love your pics of the drive home... I know you were happy to be home...

    Now about that back of yours.. What are we gonna do with you??

    Sending you lotsa love and hugs!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad there are answers to the issue and they are fixable... I don't want those answers to involve any more surgeries for our little pin cushion but if it fixes it then it is worth it....



    *hugs*

    (virtual ones don't hurt the back right?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aqnd it took the short child a while to figure out how you saw two doors there.... then I realized there was a door for you big people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shots.. So glad they found a reason for her pain.. that in itself has to be a wonderful thing. But yet another surgery? Damn! She isnt gonna have any insides left to take soon.

    Glad you guys made it home ok.. and all is good.

    Big gentle hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...concerning that radioactive dye...I would imagine the dangers are determined by how much she has already had from other tests before that one in particular. I know Casey has had a heck of a lot X-rays and other tests that are of the radioactive type. Back when I worked at a doctors office, we wore radiation pins clipped to our uniforms to keep a check on how much radiation we were absorbing and we were only pushing the buttons behind a lead wall. Has anyone bothered to check her radiation absorption from all the other things?

    Someone was using their imagination on that door for the kids. Hospitals are scary when a kid is the patient. The fantasy door helps on the kids level. A little.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear Casey has to have more surgery. Bruce(my hubby) will be having the endoscopy this morning....so maybe I'll have cool pictures to share..lol We think its his gall bladder giving him problems....but hope that tomorrow they can give us some answers so he can stop hurting.

    My pin cushion(Drew) goes for pre-op on Friday and has his procedure on Tuesday of next week.

    Hope you get a chance to rest some before the surgical date and rest your back a bit. Our prayers will be with ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for more sugery for Casey but I also hope this fixes it.
    Glad your back allowed you to do what needed to be done with your Baby.
    At least it was rain and not snow, yet.
    The ride home looks nice and I agree with you about the deer. Made me hungry also.

    HUGS Dear Annie,
    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete

  14. Sooooo far behind again...
    Will try to catch up here as well.

    But first to thank ALL of you for your thoughts on Casey.

    She is a survivor! And I am SO proud.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  15. Methinks you are right about the decor! Happy surroundings would benefit us all, (inluding those medical professionals that need it)! hehehe

    Thanks for loving the pics too!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Funny girl (You ARE on a roll lately aren't you)!
    Can you send me a medical site link to that please? I can find nothing, and would really appreciate it.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  17. When/if it all comes around, he would have to reroute her duodenum. (Glad he knows what that means). hehehe
    Some regurgitation must be necessary in life.
    hehehe
    In the meanwhile, digesting ones tummy doesn't sound too good though.

    I am not holding out hope that my back will improve. But maybe, just maybe, further BS can be stopped in its tracks, or even slowed?
    I shall hope for that then

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praise God is right Casey is facing the firing squad once more, and meets it with all she has within!
    I am more than proud of her.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  19. That carafate should hold her over? At least I hope so too. (From your keyboard to Gods ears).

    Finding my home? I hope that day DOES come! I would be honored to have you here.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another prayer that goes "from your keyboard to Gods ears"
    She really HAS been sick for so long. (And oh!, how I want my baby back).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Old "Thunder Paws" came flying down the varnished stairs! (I thought he was going to lose it, but he still has his claws)...
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I was happy to be back. (Specially when you go for one day and stay the whole dang week).
    Happy too that Casey's pain was managed enough for her to be driving a bit too.

    About my back? You could always shoot me. (You would if I was a horse).

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Casey is fixable!
    hehehe (I am also happy that Dr. Sutherland isn't the Maytag repairman)!

    XOXO
    Me

    Real hugs don't hurt either since I got my new brace.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAHAHA! (But did you just call me fat again)?

    I am wondering if that kids door is wide enough to put a wheelchair through? When I looked at it, it didn't seem so. But then again, many disabled children are in a stroller type thing, so that would fit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Must have been a kick in the teeth for you, ShortPea, to have to be using your own shweelchair when you did. It made you even shorter...

    Singing "short people" now...
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  26. Not too sure how wonderful it is. hehehe
    More of a relief to know it wasn't/isn't anything even more serious than this. I am glad they found it too.

    He won't be removing anything, (I don't think).
    And you are right, she sure can't afford to lose any more of those innards. (After all, I took 9 months to put that little body together- And he takes a few hours to take it apart)? Dang hey?!

    All IS good!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  27. So now I have my own little flashlight? hehehe
    That is hilarious, especially knowing that Greg collects flashlights! HAHAHA!

    About that radiation...
    When it finally came time for her to have that Cat Scan, they tried to throw me out of the room.
    The radiologist visibly gulped too. hehehe (Instead of going out the door, I went behind the wall with him)! Still giggling about that.

    Seriously, can you really get the rads checked out to see how much her system would be holding? That would be VERY nice to know.

    Hospitals and doctors are scary for grown ups too!

    XOXO
    Me



    ReplyDelete
  28. How did Bruce's endoscopy turn out? How have his enzyme levels been?
    Will have to stop by your page. My apologies if I have missed those results.

    Hope all goes well with YOUR pin cushion too.

    We don't have a date set up yet. But I am concerned to know that she shouldn't be taking the pills for more than 6 or 8 weeks.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  29. From your keyboard to Gods ears as well!

    You are right about it being rain and not snow. (Although I would have pegged a few snowballs if it had been)!

    I am still hungry!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, sure hope the detour is successful. Am going to tell Melanie's Dr. to look at this as a possible answer to Melanie's pain, diarrhea and bloating. Mels is definitely aggravated by eating. Have you found out anything about the dye residual? Hope your back is behaving itself.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet Beth;
    Ordinarily I would be tempted to say 'you have no idea'- But I know that you do, having watched your own baby girl suffer as mine has.

    I have found out nothing verifiable about the dye...
    My back sucks.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete