[My] Life in Wisconsin

FOOD! Carnivore? Herbivore? Or Omnivore? hehehe



Good Morning All;
Seems as though everyone is talking about food lately- Makes my mouth water to read some of your entries! (Maybe it is because I haven't done the 'real' grocery shopping in a while).

XOXO
Me

Thank you Sophie for sharing this!



The list includes fine food, strange food, everyday food and even some pretty bad food - but a good omnivore should really try it all. :)

The instructions are quite easy...

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.

2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.

3) highlight in red any items that you would never consider eating.
_______________________________

  1. Venison

  2. Nettle Tea

  3. Huevos rancheros

  4. Steak tartare

  5. Crocodile

  6. Black pudding

  7. Cheese fondue

  8. Carp

  9. Borscht

 10. Baba ghanoush   Will never do so again-

 11. Calamari

 12. Pho

 13. PB&J sandwich

 14. Aloo gobi
aka: alu gobi, or aloo gobhi  (Cumin, I'll bet).

 15. Hot dog from a street cart   (I live under a rock. Carts won't fit).

 16. Epoisses   too scary.

 17. Black truffle

 18. Chicken and Waffles (only if I ran out of bread)?

 19. Steamed pork buns  huh?

 20. Pistachio ice cream

 21. Heirloom tomatoes

 22. Fresh wild berries

 23. Foie gras   before I knew it's history

 24. Rice and beans Senior Class exchange to Mexico

 25. Brawn, or head cheese  Don't like it.

 26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper

 27. Dulce de leche

 28. Oysters

 29. Baklava

 30. Bagna cauda   sounds like barricuda?

 31. Wasabi peas

 32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl  Country Kitchen

 33. Salted lassi   Arf?

 34. Sauerkraut    Mmmm (Click Here).

 35. Root beer float

 36. Clotted cream tea

 37. Gumbo

 38. Turtle Soup

 39. Oxtail

 40. Curried goat

 41. Whole insects

 42. Phaal (Its HOT!!!) Then no.

 43. Goat’s milk

 44. Pheasant

 45. Squirrel

 46. Fugu   I haven't eaten it, (I don't think), but there are a few people I could say this to.

 47. Chicken tikka masala

 48. Eel

 49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut No.

 50. Sea urchin   No.

 51. Prickly pear   No.

 52. Umeboshi

 53. Abalone

 54. Paneer

 55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal

 56. Spaetzle

 57. Tongue

 58. Skyline Chili

 59. Poutine A QuĂ©becois delicacy: French fries, gravy, and cheese curds

 60. Carob chips

 61. S’mores

 62. Sweetbreads

 63. Kaolin (But I drank a bottle of kaopectate when I was a kid).

 64. Currywurst

 65. Durian

 66. Frogs’ legs

 67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake

 68. Haggis

 69. Fried plantain

 70. Chitterlings, or andouillette

 71. Gazpacho

 72. Caviar and blini

 73. Dog

 74. Gjetost, or brunost (Is this cheerios for ghosts)?

 75. Roadkill

 76. Shoofly pie

 77. Hostess Fruit Pie

 78. Snail

 79. Lapsang souchong

 80. Bellini

 81. Tom yum  (Tom who)?

 82. Eggs Benedict

 83. Pocky (Do I need a vaccine for this)?

 84. Ostrich

 85. Kobe beef   Face it, I will never be rich enough

 86. Hare

 87. Goulash

 
88. Flowers

 89. Horse

 90. Criollo chocolate

 91. Spam

 92. Soft shell crab

 93. Rose harissa

 94. Catfish  Mmmmm

 95. Mole poblano

 96. Bagel and lox

 97. Lobster Thermidor

 98. Polenta

 99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee

100. Snake

_______________________________


So, are you hungry now?

Do tell !

XOXO
Me

And just for grins and giggles I have to throw this in...

You Are Milk Pocky
Your attitude: caring and charming
You are smooth and silky... invigorating and natural.
You ignite people's senses. You are very sensual.
You are like comfort food for the soul.
       


16 comments:

  1. There are many things on this list I have never heard of, quite a bit I don't feel compelled to try, and a few I might actually enjoy. Some of this just turns my stomach thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you dont want to eat curried goat dont ever visit any island, they will tell you its beef but.....
    the best clue for that one is, look round the island if you see no cow herds then you aint eating beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what nettle tea is, but I have herbal candy from England wiht nettle juice in it. along with green tea.There are many on the list that I would eat but dog, horse and a few others are no nos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Are Green Tea Pocky




    Your attitude: natural and zen

    You are peaceful yet full of life. You've spent time pondering the meaning of life.

    You are considered deep, thoughtful, and wise.

    You're halfway to tantric bliss!

    What Flavor Pocky Are You?
    Blogthings: Take a Quiz. Annoy Your Friends.


    Ok.. what the heck is Pocky??? definitely gonna have to look that one up. As to the rest of it.. I might have to copy and paste and do my own blog with it all on it.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, yeah, I will be posting this as well today. I may have a double entry. However, I'm going to have to look up what some of these dishes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg.....what a list! lol I only eat "normal" food, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You threw a blogthing in there, so I HAD to do it (I am addicted to them ya know!)







    You Are Green Tea Pocky




    Your attitude: natural and zen

    You are peaceful yet full of life. You've spent time pondering the meaning of life.

    You are considered deep, thoughtful, and wise.

    You're halfway to tantric bliss!

    What Flavor Pocky Are You?
    Blogthings: Quizzes and Tests and Memes, Oh My!



    There are a LOT of things in that list that I have NO CLUE what they are... Thank God for Google! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, what the heck is Pocky anyways? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will do this later but alot of stuff on there I have never heard of .. A few I have tried and some I never ever would

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Are Banana Pocky




    Your attitude: fun and lighthearted

    You are definitely unique and unforgettable.

    Charming and sweet, you are cutie everyone falls for.

    And despite first appearances, you're anything but bland.

    What Flavor Pocky Are You?
    Blogthings: We're Not Shrinks, But We Play Them On the Internet

    HeHe a Banana Pocky, the title doesn't sound very pleasant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmmivore????

    Since there are many things on that list I cannot even pronounce let alone know what the heck they are....I will stick with plain ole beans and tators and cornbread! LOL!

    Question of curiosity....any idea what goes into "black pudding??" Is that like mixing all the colors of pudding together and you end up with black? I did that with icing once. I did that with icing once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to get to my replies later- have been "up" since 10:30 last night and I am SO tired.
    Yes, that is 22 hours straight...

    Love to all

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Wiki:
    Pocky was first sold in 1966, and consists of a pretzel stick coated with chocolate. The name was changed to "Pocky," after the Japanese onomatopoetic word for the sound Pocky makes when bitten, pokkin. The original was followed by "Almond Pocky" in 1971, with an almond coating, and "Strawberry Pocky" in 1977. Today, the product line includes such variations as milk, mousse, green tea, honey, banana and coconut flavored coatings, and themed products such as "Decorer Pocky," with colorful decorative stripes in the coating, and "Men's Pocky," a dark (bittersweet) chocolate and "mature" version.

    Okay, so now that we know what Pocky is - who else needs to know what the "mature" version is? I know I do!

    I've eaten 59 items on your list. What can I say - I'm adventurous! (And sometimes a glutten for punishment!)

    (BTW I was the "Green Tea Pocky")

    ReplyDelete
  15. MY word!!! that's a heckuva list there lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, You make me hungry dear.
    I like Durian...the unique fruit here in South East Asia...it is very delicious.
    However I would like to try some of these list Anna...thanks. ;-)
    Btw, someone said crocodile is the most delicious meat ever.
    Wanna try eat crocodile? LOL

    ReplyDelete