[My] Life in Wisconsin

Closed

Good Morning Everyone;
I was online earlier. commenting back at you all... Then the power went out, and all hell broke loose.

I believe I have everything reset... Hopefully. But it seems to have killed my computersaurus too. Probably the modem. Am using my laptop.
Obviously the phone lines are working, or I wouldn't be typing...


"Allison" is still raging. The warnings were upgraded yesterday afternoon to that of "BLIZZARD".
And, as the TV tells me, everything is closed-  Schools, including college campuses, some businesses, even the mall is not opening until one this afternoon. (Not sure if that makes sense because the blizzard warning goes through midnight tonight). The State has closed also- No gov't employees to report to work unless they are "emergency"

I am assuming that the garbage trucks won't be running.  Or my dumpster will  just have to keep til next week.

William, (my dear sweet William, my wonderful son in law William),  emailed me yesterday after reading my post about the shovels. hehehe 
From Prattville, Alabama he wrote, "About those shovels, it has been nasty down here also. It only got up to 61 F, and it has been raining all day.
Brrrrrr its cold! I am ready for the summer to get here."

Sorry to say if he'd been in front of me, even more hell would have broken loose. hehehe
I told him to get their backsides up here and start shoveling.
Didn't work. But he did send an invite to Prattville for the duration of Winter, with the proviso that we not miss the "cold" too much.
(It would be great to take him up on that, no)? And I would promise to never miss the cold.
Here is what the forecast claims,


"...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST
TONIGHT...

* SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES WITH NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS...WILL
CONTINUE UNTIL MID-MORNING...THEN DIMINISH.

* 12 TO 16 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED.
We already have over 10" on the ground
, so will count on the 14"

* THE COMBINATION OF SNOW...WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH TO NEAR
50 MPH...AND NEAR-ZERO VISIBILITIES IN SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL LEAD TO BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS AT TIMES AND MAKE THIS A DANGEROUS WINTER STORM."

I don't think I have all my pictures posted to Flickr or I would put them here for you. Now they will have to wait until I can get them transferred to the laptop, or get the old computersaurus fixed again. (Sorry Greg).

I will add pictures to the comments below as I get to them throughout the day.

If the power goes out for any long term, I shall be writing Christmas cards and letters, in the quiet, from the warmth of my waterbed.

Ah well.  Nothing like coming into Winter gradually...

Be safe. This blizzard isn't only falling on my head.
Be warm. Layers, Baby.
And stay home. Temps will be in the low single digits tonight, with windchills to 30 below.

Love to all.  Pics as I get them...
I shall get back to my comments now

XOXO
me


20 comments:

  1. Weirdly, I woke up to 50*. The wind is roaring something fierce though. The temps will be dropping back down to the norm by afternoon. Unfortunately we got plenty of rain the past 24 hours, so we get to worry about the wind up rooting trees and taking out power, phone, cable, etc.

    Hope you had no where to go anytime soon.

    Stay safe and Warm ((((((ANNE))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winds are from the NorthEast, Storm coming from the SouthWest...

    Here's the current pic.
    ~

    ~

    Guess it will circle around until midnight tonight.

    Me no likey. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punk is jealous! She had a great time just to get to where she thinks the end of the grass is.

    I go very few places anyway, so am happy just being here. Safe. Warm.
    Randy said today will be a trial for him. (January won't come soon enough).
    Prayers for all the police and fire and emergency workers.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  4. Never mind...
    They have just updated the snowfall totals- Over a foot now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no envy for you or my friend in Ankeny, Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WAS on my way up for a visit... but I think I'll stay here NOW! Just kidding :-)
    Stay warm during these 3 dog nights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wont tell you about my nice sunny day then huh?

    See there are times when living in a fairly temperate climate really does have a lot going for it :-)

    Stay warm and safe

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

  8. No. Please DO come! I cannot shovel, and Punk will get her butt stuck in the doorway pretty soon.
    Besides, there is nary a vehicle on the roads. You will have a pretty straight shot.
    Pick up William and Lawrence as you go through Prattville- Kidnap them if you have to. Lawrence might come willingly for the promise of snow. William will be a struggle, (but once you tranquilize him and shove him in your truck he should quiet down accordingly).
    hehehe

    I have my wunnaful waterbed. Lord knows it is more than warm and comfy.

    Stew will be cooking shortly. Now when shall I expect you all?

    XOXO
    Me


    ReplyDelete

  9. Oh how did I know that my Sweet Sophie would be having warm wunnaful sunshine?!?
    While I will happily forego the cold weather, I think I would not care to be over 85 degrees so often either.
    Suffice to say I am jealous 4 months out of the year!

    Think of me when you put those shorts on...
    sigh... ;-)

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, maybe by late spring.... or early summer....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter sucks .. Its been freezing here since we got our first storm earlier this week and tomorrow we got another hitting us , with a combination of snow , sleet and then more snow ..Oh the joys of winter ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since last night we have had some high wind gusts too. Sorta seems like what I picture Antarctica to be like. Only without the snow and ice. Good thing, huh. Us Alabamians wouldn't be able to tolerate the combination all together.

    My hands are cold as I type. May have to go jump back under the covers and only come out when the next hot flash hits me.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I second that!

    We went from a cold October to a very mild November, and downswung right into the fury of Winter.

    We got sleet yesterday. First.
    Then snow on top of that.
    So it is crappy underneath these now 12.8"

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh heh! The storm arrived here in Ottawa a couple of hours ago. Timed perfectly to coincide with 'Bin day'! I now have a front yard full of every one elses paper recycling because the garbage lorries haven't turned up. Humph! It can all stay out there flapping about until the storm eases off a bit (by which time it'll all be well and truly buried!).

    Keep warm. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet PeachieBaby!
    As I deal with the chill, I am feeling slighted by my lack of hot flashes. My birthmother said she didn't have a problem with them either.
    Oh well.

    Antarctica? In Alabama?
    (What's in your water? Please send some)! hehehe

    I'll trade you. My snow and wind for your warm breezes.
    The gusts are going to about 50mph right now...
    Thank goodness I did finish the north windows yesterday. (Well, except for the window that has the A/C in it). Yes. It is still IN. Too funny.
    It'll be hysterical to see the temps drop to single digits tonight and to look at the A/C.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. homemade stew sounds fabulous, set another bowl on the table for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have been having some of the coldest temps that Western WA has seen in a long time... I don't like them! Fortunately, we will be 'warming' back up to our normal 40's next week.

    I heard about your snow storm on the news this morning. First words out of my mouth were, "I hope Anne is OK."

    Please, do not, for whatever reason get it in your head to go outside and try to shovel. Ask someone to help and you can supervise! ;-)

    Stay safe and warm!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to have missed this one.. But the way Multiply has been acting I suppose Im lucky to be here at all.

    I get frustrated with it and then dont have the mood to write or read or comment. So I go sweep or do laundry or play a game.

    Speaking of cards need to get mine started.. oh Im being lazy lazy lazy.

    You should think about moving a little further south for the winters. I think that would help your body alot. Which brings to mind another question... you are gonna sell the old homestead.. where you gonna move to? Have you made a decision on that? I think it would be terribly difficult for you to move too far away from Casey or the grandchildren. So what to do?


    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Im in the UK not Australia, it is winter here too; just it never actually gets as cold here as it does there.... for which may I add Im very grateful, so the sunny days are sunny just not terribly warm.

    ReplyDelete