[My] Life in Wisconsin

"Hide~Doah?"


(from the Greek: τῆλε, tēle, "far" and φωνή, phōnē, "voice")


Happy Saturday;
Once again, I have not blogged in ages.
Nor have I visited.
My bad.

More than a few times lately my phone has rung...
Here is just one of the latest examples:

Phone goes: "RING" - "RING"

Naturally I say "Hello!"

And this is what I hear.
"Hide-Doh? Deddizz?"

Huh?!?   ....  (I mean 'what')?!?

Hmmmmmmmm...  


(
Aw hell, I'll just start over)...


"Hello?"
This is what I hear.
"Hide-Doh? Deddizz?"

Wait a second... Seems as I recall there has been a "Deddizz" ...
But it ain't me.    -----   Is it?!? 
I check quick-like.    ----- Nope.  It ain't me.

I say "No Sir, no Deddizz here."

He asks "Izz dizz riyot?"

He proceeds to say something barely intelligible.

Huh?!? ..... (I mean 'what')?!?


WAIT!!!!

A "riot"?!?  

Is there a riot here????
Yikes!

Wait.. That sounded kinda familiar...
Maybe?- WAS- my phone numberEven in Swahili I guess

He persists.
"I am so and so, from MC...-"...  (some dang thing or another that I cannot understand).

"I am so and so, calling for Deddizz."
Yeah Buddy, I got that...

I say, "No Deddizz here. Sorry."

He persists even more.
Are you Mrs. Deddizz *******?"

(Yeah well I was- )
--- at one short point in my life,
many,
many,
many moons ago...


(
but I don't tell him that)...

I say "He is not here"

"Oh Mizzuss ******* ..."
...
...
...
".................blah blah blah.................."


I cut him off.

"There is no Deddizz ******* here."


"Mizzuss *******. We nidz to speeeeek wit Deddizz."
Still not here. Sorry fella.

"He hasn't been here for a while."

"Mizzuss..." (repeat all sorts of  "blah, blah, blah").

I say, "Not here."

"Mizzuss *******. We nidz to speeeeek wit Deddizz."
Still not here. Sorry fella.


"Deddizz does not live here."


CLICK! goes the line. 

...In MY ear?

Aw shucks, and I was having so much fun...
Oh maybe they will call back.

Have a wunnaful weekend!

XOXO
"Mizzuss"

Huh?
  ...  (I mean 'what')?!?            


photo from Google search

22 comments:

  1. good for a laugh after the irritation passes

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hehehehehehehe! Been there and had that done to me too! Only here they wanted someone named Moooooozicki. Anyone calling here that can't say the name right is an automatic "you have the wrong number." And I am the one doing the "click." I hate trying to communicate with someone who cannot speak plain enough English to be understood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's as bad as the idiot that kept calling my house in the middle of th night, thinking we were the police station...I let the answering machine pick it up the first three times, you would of thought he would of got it....Nope, I had to answer and jump down his throat for disturbing my sleep before he finally gave up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy! Had the phone calls with people who can barely speak English... One way or the other SOMEONE usually ends up getting hung up on. (it's usually ME hanging up on the idiot). That's why I screen the calls now, if my caller ID shows a number I know, and I feel like talking, I'll answer. If I don't know the number, say hello to voice mail buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More and more this is becoming the norm. If I can't understand them, I hang up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so funny, Mizzuss Deddizz!
    Huh? ... (I mean 'what')?!? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mommy! (Or should I say, “Hide-Doh”?

    Your sleepy daughter is here! I realized why I slept so late. I got to bed to try and lay down around 11pm, but kept having to get up to go to the bathroom (which most were false alarms) or to take more medication for the pain that had gotten so bad. I finally fell asleep around 1am, but all through the early morning the getting-up/laying-down kept happening… I think it was around 6am that I fell asleep and my body just made sure I stayed sleeping… I just didn’t expect for it to keep me out for so long!!! So sorry I didn’t wake up to my phone ringing, that must’ve worried you knowing how bad of shape I was in last night… Everything is okay, though. I still have bad pain, but it seems to be going down very slowly, but surely.

    Okay, enough about me, let’s talk about you! :D

    A riot! HA!! Well, when the cat and dog go at it, there is definitely a riot going on in your house! HAHAHA! I think it’s funny how even after you tell him that you are not “Mizzuss Deddizz” he proceeds to call you “Mizzuss Deddizz”! Aparently he was NOT getting the point… Neither was he getting the language you were speaking and the one he was trying yet failing at speaking… And then he gets mad at you because “Deddizz” isn’t here!!!

    If that company expects to get any money back from any of their customers, they had better start hiring people who know how to speak and comprehend English!

    I cannot believe that Dad is giving them YOUR HOME PHONE!!!! I know he’s got many many companies that he owes money to, but to put someone else’s phone number on your account so that they can’t find you is cowardly… Just ridiculously stupid… I really should not be surprised by his actions anymore, but this just blew me away! Hopefully they won’t call you again…

    Well, I’m going to eat a little something and rest my eyes… They are going crazy on me again from the dilauded and there are times where I really have difficulty seeing even with my glasses on…

    I love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Cazzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs* the little one and wanders back out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe
    Just wait 'til I define "irritation"!

    ReplyDelete

  11. He got on that kick a few years back too...

    ReplyDelete

  12. Moooozicki... Sounds like a newfangled, and definitely foreign, motorcycle.

    I would have clicked... hehehe But I really was having fun.
    Sick huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- Is your number that close to "911" then?
    ROTFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's only funny cuz it didn't happen to you.
    Just kidding. (It really was funny)! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  15. I wish you would have been here. I could have put you on.
    Stop peeing all the time. It makes for sleep~interruptus.
    Sleep~interruptus also creates bad eyesight.

    I really do think he had 2 or 3 different accents going on.

    Who dad dere?


    ReplyDelete

  16. You mistakenly hugged the cat.
    And he snotted all over you.
    Better go wash up now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *ACHOO*

    Dang it.

    ibbll be ind da shoder.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually I found out it was one number off from our local police department

    ReplyDelete