[My] Life in Wisconsin

Good Tuesday- Good Grief.


Good Morning Everyone-
As we watched the TV on Sunday night, clicking between Titanic and the game, I suddenly felt this awful shooting pain in my back. Not sure what it was- (I hadn't even moved at that point). But it sure took my breath away. I for one can surely think of more pleasant ways to have my breath taken away.

When I awoke yesterday it was obvious that although she was suffering, Casey was in better shape than I was.
I could barely even walk.
A quick phone call to the front desk ensured that Punk would be brought out to relive herself anyway. (Thank the powers that be that they all love this dog of mine)!
As the day progressed, slowly but surely I was able to get around a bit better.
We have been watching the snow fall...



What's This?
 um, What IS this ?!?!
.
.
Seeing the poor little pup, curled up...
.
.
We're NOT in Kansas Anymore...
-and so obviously bored;
.
Casey decided to do something about that boredom.
.
.
It was time for a little fun for Casey... and a "pawdicure" for Punk
.
.
Casey and Punk 
.
.
Just to help with the chapping, and with those rough edges under the claws.
.
.

Pawdicure 
A little Vaseline, a little moisturizer with aloe and cucumber too.
And a whole lot of foot massage action!

Afterward, Punk was still bored...
.
.
Punk Bored
She is hard to please every now and then,
(but most especially in a little hotel room when she is used to running in the fields).
.
.
.
Then, a siren, which seemed very close.
And not one of those phony ones on the TV.

Casey and Punk to the window to investigate...
.
.

Peeking out at the Siren...

.
Yes, it was still snowing!
hehehe.
..

Doo-Doo-Doo, looking out my back door
.
.
.
But the siren WAS very close...
.
.
Not for Casey 
At the front door of the hotel as a matter of fact.
I do not know what happened, but about 10 minutes later they left with a lady.
No sirens or lights, which is a good thing. (Yes, we did see her move).
.
.
.

.
PW/Moos at Night 
The Moos Tower at night, in the snowfall.
.
.
.

Wanna sit for a while?
Anyone wanna hold hands and sit for a while? hehehe
.

.
.
.
Casey shows her scar 
And this, my friends, is how fast my baby girl heals!
(They even gave her an extra dimple)!
hehehe
.
.
.
Rumor has it that in addition to the snowfall we have gotten here, we will be getting home to another foot of snow as well, whenever that will be.
I suppose there are not two ways around that in February.
(Or maybe Canada is just covering all of her bases)?! hehehe
Yes, I love picking on my Canadian friends!

For now, I must get moving around a bit.
My back did improve yesterday, and up until I went to bed it was quite manageable. I wish to keep it that way.  I am also very happy that I didn't have to drive home yesterday with my back like that.
The forecast today for Green Bay reads as follows:
" 'Dynamic' snow system could bring 10 inches to Green Bay.
Snowfall expected to begin Monday and continue until Wednesday could dump six to 10 inches in and around Green Bay, the National Weather Service said."


Hope all is well, (and cozy), in your little corner of the world!

Love to all

XOXO
Me



Oh and again I ask, what IS this?
Take your best shot. hehehe


What's This?



32 comments:

  1. hope its not that poor guys bike buried! ;) I guess your car too........Casey looks great! Easy with that back missy
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punk is SO cute!!! Then to see her with her Casey, it's a blessing. My guess would be your car too. I would sit on that bench and hold hands with my Friend, even in the snow. I pray your back continues to improve.
    OXOX,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's spring here already in Oregon.

    (....ducks and runs...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shall have to wait 'til tonight or so when everybody has a chance.
    hehehe
    Then I will post the entire picture!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You also shall have to wait 'til tonight. hehehe
    My back is better today than it was yesterday that's for sure.
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both so damnably cute, aren't they?
    I would sit too- Many would not.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, you'd better duck and run.
    (That said -as I pack up to move to Oregon).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are getting that same crap and expecting just as much snow :(

    Take care of you and your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am guessing that is the snow on your car! Am I right? :)

    Casey does look like she is healing very fast, that is great! Oh, and I am so glad that you all are not on the road driving in this kind of weather! I have a feeling I might not make it into work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oye.


    Count your blessings that you are not in the 30-40 inch range like the lower east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Casey looks wonderful and I am so glad she is doing so well ..

    I am assuming its a vehicle of some sorts buried in snow ...

    We had alot of snow dumped on us Fri and into Sat and today , its been snowing all day and another storm forecast for Friday .. We didn't have much up to this point but I got a feeling we will pay for that time April rolls around ..

    I hope your back don't act up like that again ..Take care of yourself ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is part of a snow covered vehicle Anna, Good to see Casey up Punk is bored because they is no Admission Bracelet on his paw hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guessing that is SOMEONE'S car... hehehe

    Casey is looking GREAT!

    Umm... we're in the 50's with a chance of rain... I will trade ya for a few inches of snow! LOL

    Take care of yourself. Hoping your back doesn't give you any more bad days!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm..not sure whats buried there but glad its not me. I'm sitting here fussing aboutit being 39 and feeling like 32 and the wind coming from the North at 13mph and gusting higher...lol Sorry but I'm freezin my a** off..lol There's a reason I've always fought Bruce on moving up North when he was looking for promotions..I am not ment to be in cold conditions. Of course if I were up ther I would not be fighting off this headache because the pollen is already coming out in the trees here. I have got to start taking some seasonal allergy medicines ..or I'll have to start wearing a mask to go outside....lol
    Casey looks good to have had a major surgery such a short time ago. Poor Punk...I'm sure she enjoyed her pawdicure. Nice ya'll have folks there at the hotel that will help you with Miss Punk.
    Well going to get back on the couch and under the electric blanket till I get warm again.
    Hope ya'll are having a good night.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Sweet Oka;
    We are safe. We are warm.
    And those are the 2 most important things!
    We had gone to the grocer and bought a chicken- one of those rotisserie ones. It has served us quite well, along with a few salads and such.
    And Punk has a whole full tray of food.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  16. Sweet Suzy-
    Am wondering if you did make it inn to work or not?
    My friend Kelli called- She drives about 40 miles one way. And east, to get to work.
    One of her friends husband was killed on the sled- (snowmobile)- and so Kelli went north to help her friend from work out.
    She called when she got back home, saying it was pretty nasty but most of the bad stuff went south of us anyway.
    Wondering if she has gone to work today?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Pea,
    That would be so terrible!
    My Aunt Marlene lives in Philadelphia, and is getting those awful snowfalls.
    Will have to check my email to see if she was online.
    Uncle Mac died not too long ago, so she lives alone. Kids are living around her, but I just hope she doesn't lose any power.
    Even with her growing up in Sault Ste Marie, (and knowing how to stay warm in the worst of conditions) does not make me feel any better for her.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Carolyn;

    Casey is an unbelievable 23 year old.
    Many would not have her "get up and go" and know how to use it either.

    Good grief on your own snow. There are too many times that Winter seems so unrelenting.
    We get snow in April too. But just knowing that it is already Springtime makes it much more acceptable somehow.

    My back was awful! And scared me half to death. it hasn't been that bad since last June- (And that was when I'd fallen down).
    And me there with Casey- I kept thinking "OMG, what if something happens to her?" I would have been so useless.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mr. Lester,
    Punk didn't need any bracelet. People see her coming and get out of her way. hehehe
    But at least she could go visit with Casey up at the hospital- And that makes a HUGE difference; even to those patients who just 'saw' Punk around.
    I just need to have all of her papers showing her vaccinations etc.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  20. Sweet SlurkieBaby;
    I will trade you ALL of this snow for your rain.
    I will also trade you these few degrees for your 50.
    Please send both immediately.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  21. Sweet Beth;
    One little response. hehehe
    All kidding aside, when I did take Punk out, the dumpsters were the only things that were cleared off, save for a few cars that had just arrived and were turning to ice as I walked.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet Denise;
    I will trade you your 39 degrees too, AND, you can keep your electric blanket even.
    Just someone needs to send melting temps is all!

    You are quite correct about the pollen- Ours is all still in the frozen buds.
    Do you take Claritin every day?
    I am allergic to the cat, and it really does help.
    On the bad pollen days I use the flonase too.

    Punk absolutely LOVES having her legs and paws massaged. The lotions are like icing on her little cake.

    XOXO
    Me


    PS
    You really can say 'ass' on my site- as long as you are not calling me one.
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh and by the way...

    ~

    ~

    Still happy it wasn't a person!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here, this one is bigger...

    ~

    ~
    hehehe

    Yup, that's my car...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Let me know if she needs anything at all..... I have good friends in Philly who will check on her if needed.

    Love to you....

    sending warm thoughts

    XOXOOXOX
    Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know you all are anxious to get back to the comforts and warmth of home sweet home. It may be a little too late to hope for you to make it home before that next big snow fall. Might be best to just dig in there till spring. I know....Punk will NOT be a happy camper. She is already showing signs of being displeased with the same 4 walls that are not home.

    So good to see Casey healing so well. She has a good attitude and has had a good attitude through all of this. That counts for so much in the healing process.

    Ya'll be careful out in that white stuff. And stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like her more and more, sis. She has a kindred spirit over here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry to hear that your bad back followed you to Minneapolis, I was hoping it stayed home with Sputty.

    Casey looks remarkable!

    I can't even touch Doc's feet without putting a muzzle on him - poor formerly abused dog. Nail trimming is an sweat inducing event around here! Maybe someday he'll trust me?

    Boy, that's one super-duper hotel staff to walk Punk for you. I've call the EMCs a few times at the hotel, mostly for people having heart attacks. We've only had one guest die at our hotel in 13 years, which I've been told is good (except for the man who died).

    It was in the teens here this morning, low teen - maybe single digits tomorrow morning. I can't wait for spring - maybe we should surprise Will with a visit! (hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Love the snow on your car, I like snow in pictures but I really could do with out it!
    Casey does look well, glad things went ok.
    A big dog in a motel, yeah I can see that being boring for one.

    ReplyDelete