[My] Life in Wisconsin

You'd Look Hotter in a Helmet.

hehehe
What do you suppose those 2 turtles are doing in there?!?
MORE cute mutant animals...
click

Good Evening Everyone;
Casey has had a pretty rough 24 hours, but is holding her own. She is hopefully sleeping right now as I haven't heard from her for a while.
She has posted a blog about her "Baaaaaad Day". Click
Perhaps a bit of overdoing it- That, and being cooped up (and unfed) for so long. Please leave her a comment.
While I was up there this afternoon she had told me that if she could have ordered a hug from room service she would have.

We did get outside for a bit...
.
.
Even with the new snows.
.
.

Casey really WAS there too! 
hehehe
.
.
.
Casey, 'there'  ~hehehe~ 
She was 'here' too!
.
.
.
Casey 2/02/10
Rough day or not, she can still smile! ;-) ...attagirl!
.
.
.
.
Looking around the campus, and all over town, one sees these...
.
.
Bricks... 
Literally, millions of bricks as far as the eye can see...
.
.
.
One can even spy teeny tiny mop~heads growing out of the buildings.
.
.
Cloth- Growing our of bricks? 
I have NO idea what they are (for).
.
.
.
Back to the bricks...
... While Greg and I waited (endlessly) to be able to see Casey after her surgery, we wandered about the hospital. Poor guy was starving so we went up to the cafeteria (which was closed)...
I snapped this picture...
.
.
.
Greg, 8th Floor  
And I posed the question:
How many bricks are there in Minneapolis?
Greg had NO idea!
wth?  
(Shhh.........  -me neither).

How does one go about finding the answer? I still need to know!!! (I'll give you a quarter if you answer that for me).
.
.
The snow came the other day. Not enough to stop the mopeds, and motorcycles that are still running about down the roads.
And yes, these bike racks are used every day, every single shift too. I know, because I am there for every single shift, (just not for the duration of them).

This bicycle hadn't gone anywhere for 2 full shifts after the snow...
.
.
Old Bike with Snow Grips 
Maybe the snow grips weren't working.

Maybe the brakes?
So we have all heard, ad-nauseum, about the Toyota recall. Then today came the warning NOT to drive the cars until they are repaired.
That makes no sense to me...
... I mean how the heck are you supposed to get your car to the dang dealer if you can't drive it?
I hear too they will be recalling the Prius' also. Hmmm...
My advice? Go buy a bike, a horse, or a Buick.

The next pictures bike owner clearly has his head on straight...
.
.
.
Bike Wisdom 
I love this!
And this bike is in a different spot every day.

Wonder if he will take it to work tomorrow. Weather claims we are in for a storm. .
.
I have pictures from today yet to get onto my little laptop... Will do that shortly, but wanted to keep you all up to date with Casey's "shtuff".
Please do go to her blog and leave her a note, (three notes would be even better)!
For those of you that get this by email, here is the link:
www.edbdkcn.multiply.com/journal/item/134
Should be clickable for you.

I'd better close for now
I hope all is well in your little corner of the world?
Have a "wunnaful" rest of the evening!
My love to all.

XOXO
Me


18 comments:

  1. So happy Casey is holding her own. The bikes are interesting. To think they're ridden every day, my, that takes some insulation. LOL. Hope you're holding your own also, Annie.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey always does have a smile and I am sorry she had a rough day but I am sure to be expected after having major surgery .. Keep on Smiling Casey .. Keep your chin up Annie ..Hugs and take care of YOU also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bike... I should put that on the back of my motorcycle helmet.

    Off to visit Sissie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey looks SO good!

    I Googled a few different phrases for bricks in Minneapolis but couldn't get an answer... Maybe that is one of those questions that will be forever unanswered... Not sure what the mop-head thingies are either...

    The people riding their bikes in the freezing cold weather are WAY better than me... I can't imagine all the layers that would need to be worn... LOL

    I already left CaseyFace a lil love on her blog... Sometimes I wish I could reach through the puter and give hugs...

    Stay warm and take it easy!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes..Casey may have over done it the other day just a tad. She is making the effort to get up and move about. I've seen patients that just lay there and moan and groan and complain..never wanting to get up when they knew ahead of time that was part of the program.
    No way in HELL would you get meon a bikle in that weather. It gets cold(nowhere near what ya'll have by the way of cold) here and its all you can do to get me out of the house.. and into a vehicle..lol
    Hope Casey is having a better day. Hope your aches and pains are giving you a break.
    I am paying for being ambitious today and taking boxes to the storage unit....lol
    In the morning we take Drew to the Dr....he's getting another skin graft we hope..if the Dr likes the way his foot looks. He had a culture done last Thursday and is on antibiotics for 14 days.
    He also has a couple of blood clots in that leg tonight that are bothering him...we knew it would happen after he was in the hospital for that week...it always does.
    Have a good night and day today..lol Night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bike with the quote is too cute.

    In between my families busy life, I'll make sure to look up each and every buildings plan. I will come up with the count of bricks for you, in a million years. LOL

    Ahhh :( Casey. Hope it's just a day and not repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. more bricks than lakes and they stopped counting the lakes at 10,000

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Snotball-
    I am ok.
    Casey has already called- Still very tired- and quite scared they will still put her on the TPN.
    Her RBC is quite low- Was at 7.3 yesterday, (it has been declining ever since her sugeries) so maybe she just needs a transfusion?
    Maybe they will catch that and give it to her before I go up there.

    I really don't see a whole lot of people riding their bikes with anything more than their scrubs on.
    Makes me cold to think about it.
    Oh wait. Maybe that's because my window is open...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Carolyn;
    One bad day isn't going to stop her for long- But I can't stand it when she is so distressed. Makes me so sad that I cannot do anything to help her.
    It is frustrating and tough to see.

    Chin is up!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  10. Sweet Safe Pea;
    I think both those ideas are grand!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet SlurkieBaby!
    She surely DOES look good!

    Darn it and so sorry you couldn't find my answer about the bricks...
    I abhor unanswered questions.

    There are 5000 parking spots n campus. (I learned that when the parking manager told me) hehehe- But that's a whole 'nother blog...
    I should have asked him how many bike racks too? hehehe

    Aw about reaching through and hugging her. I am actually scared to be touching her, not wanting to hurt her more.

    Love right backatcha!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Denise;
    We have seen many patients like that just wandering through the hallways, (at too many hospitals). But Casey has not a smidgen of the "poor poor pitiful me" attitude. She gets mad and does something about it.
    I feel bad for those that do not even attempt to make themselves better. They have to, (or they risk being a very negative statistic).

    I am laughing at you not even wanting to go outside in FLORIDA?! hehehe
    The more you do it, the less shocking it will be, I promise.
    Even when I take Punk out here, (and even though I whine about the cold), it is still quite invigorating to get out and move about- Especially having a 100 pound dog ahead of you.

    Please make sure that Mr. Drew is also getting some acidophillus and lactobacilli in his diet- Just not at the same time he takes the antibiotics. (Wait several hours).

    I am sorry he is going through so much at his young and tender age! And I hope that the blood clots will quickly remedy themselves... Poor kid!
    Hope the skin graft works its magic for him.
    Prayers always!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Oka;
    I love that bike too! hehehe Maybe get the stick ons for your own kids bikes?
    Not sure where you would find them- Probably at a bike shop. (Bumper stickers for bikes)!
    That's the first time I ever saw one...

    I won't be alive in a million years, so you are just going to have to work a bit quicker.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Tess!
    HAHAHA
    You've got that right!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh that is sooooooooooooooooooo many bricks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shots as usual.. Now as to those bricks.. figure the American debt and then triple it.. thats how many bricks are in Minneapolis ..hehe Sorry I couldnt resist. Glad Casey is doing well overall. She is such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been laughing at the pics lately, different ones have made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  18. To date the city of Minneapolis has used 125,975,887,992 bricks in buildings and sidewalks. That's one hundred twenty five trillion, nine hundred seventy five billion, eight hundred eighty seven thousand and nine hundred ninety two - bricks... so far.

    I'm not that smart - I Googled it.

    Now where's my quarter?

    .

    .

    .

    .

    .

    .

    .


    (I'm SUCH good liar! hehehe!)

    ReplyDelete