[My] Life in Wisconsin

Dogs. Berries. Toes. And Springtime!

My blog today would not be complete without this reference.

Good Sunday Morning All;
Let's see where I left off before whining about my pages disappearing yesterday here on Multiply? Hope they come back soon...

Oh yes!  My big toe...
That appointment went well enough, except the doctor I had seemed to be a bit hard of hearing. I was seated in what appeared to be much like a dentists chair but with a footrest, and he began speaking...  Somewhere in his litany of sentences, I gleaned the word "infected".
I tried to get the point across that I would stand on my head in the corner, run naked through town, or drink bleach, -that I would do anything but take an antibiotic.
Seems he didn't hear me say that, and I have been taking Cephalexin ever since (500mg, 4 times/day). I swear it makes me dizzy!
Know I am writing this in a dizzy frame of mind and body... hehehe

My water is an on again, off again sort of thing- But since I know where the short is, I know how to "rig" it in a flash. (That, and I don't have to crawl down there since I found an old broomstick). One day soon when I can get down there with my back I will fix it; if indeed it is fixable.

Temps were a bit chilly these past few days-
But after our frosty mornings, they still climb into the 50's later in the day.

This brings out the dogs- (And Miss Kelli too)! hehehe
She walks them to the woods,- OK, she walks, and the dogs get to run wide open! It is SO good to see after such a long time of the field being snow~covered and completely inaccessible!

The river is running high and fast so they don't go that far.
When they get back those pups are mighty thirsty...
.
.

Cnv0218 
Pity that Kelli had to bring her own water. (Pic was taken before I found the short).
.
.
Once the thirsts were quenched, CocoBean had to show off her new trick...
.
.
Cnv0222 

Look Closer...

That toy looks to be balancing on her nose!

.
Cnv0252

.

.
Not to be outdone, Punk did her 'bored' trick... hehehe
.
.

Cnv0226
.
.
Mr Miller really thought she was bored and brought her a toy too.
.
.
Cnv0224 
This excited her to no end!
.
.
Then she had to show off her "walk-and-chew-gum-at-the-same-time" trick.
.

.

Cnv0223 
ARF!
So what if it's a "scratch-my-toe-in-my-ear-and-stick-out-my-tongue" trick? hehehe
.
.
Mr Miller was just happy to be out and about.
.
.
Cnv0227 
He is always smiling!
.
.
.
So how warm does it have to be for you...  Cnv0245 
.
.
... before you would enjoy this?
.
.
Cnv0244 
(Keep in mind that this is Suamico, Wisconsin after a LONG cold winter).
.
.
.
As we picked up a prescription for her, Casey was a bit "boosegumply" that day.
.
.
Cnv0238 
Yet was still feeling the warm sunshine!
.
.
At least she didn't need to air condition her keister...
.
.
.
Cnv0237 
The obvious question is "why"?
(Picture taken AFTER he'd pulled them up)!
Sad. True.
.
.
Highway 172 now-  Again kids, this is wood! (And it even looks to be plywood at that)!
.
.
Cnv0230 
I know you have told me already this is normal, but methinks its creepy to build a bridge with wood!
.
.
Back home from a little shopping, Casey was all smiles!
.
Cnv0239 
Cute as a bugs rear!  hehehehehehehehehehehehe
.

.
Stopping over the other day gave her plenty to smile about too-

.
Cnv0246
Baby strawberry plants! (Her favorite)!
.
.

I'd better close for now and get on with my day-
Sputty is screaming to have his box changed...
.
.
.
Cnv0255 
He can be such a cat sometimes...

Have a 'wunnaful' Sunday!
Love to all

XOXO
Me

PS
About those potatoes and chives I'd promised...

.
.
Mmmmmmmm! Cnv0253
I'd almost eaten them all before I'd taken the picture! hehehe
.

10 comments:

  1. YEa!!1 glad you were able to post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Mommy!

    I'm sorry that the water is on/off but very glad that it is ON for now! :D (Yes, I knocked on wood AND teeth after typing that!) I'm glad you were able to find a way to rig it without going down into the pit... I worry about you when you do that...

    Sorry to hear also that you must take the antibiotics... I know some of those do nasty things to my stomach and guts... I did take one, I believe it was the kind they gave me at the end of last December, that made me REALLY dizzy... So it most likely is the antibiotic doing that to you... It is still a WONDERFUL blog even with the dizziness...

    YAY! For Kelli bringing the dogs for a walk back to the woods!! Looks like they all enjoyed it quite well... Especially Cocoa, who seems to have a way of defying gravity!! LOL!! It really does look like the toy is balancing directly on her nose!! What an amazing shot... I like Punkin's "bored trick"... She does it VERY well! You can just see the joy in her eyes, too... It's like a little kid on Christmas morning... Winter must seem like a very long time to wait for all the snow to go away so that they can play by the woods... So glad they are all able to do that now!

    It doesn't take much for warmth to see the convertibles out and about... Especially when it's a 30 degree difference, or so, and that 61 degrees seems plenty warm enough! I guess it's also plenty warm enough to let your pants fall down for a little air conditioning! I just want to run up to those people and tell them to pull their pants up... Or, as that "Application For Dating My Daughter" said, "Learn how to wear a belt properly, otherwise I do have a staple gun that will fix the problem...." Hee hee hee...

    I was QUITE surprised to see those little strawberries come up! It just seems so amazing that those tiny plants can survive such harsh winters and still come up in spring... Tiny miracles...

    AW DANGIT!!! I was SO going to be the first to leave a comment, but just as I was typing this, Sis DeeAnne jumped ahead of me... BUDDER BUDDER PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!!! :)

    Those potatoes look awesome! I still have to get my chives outside, but for now I must eat some food for lunch... I'm muy hungry!!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    I'm still not sure why I got those goosebumps that day... I know that some days I'll get little hot/cold flashes that last for a bit... Must've been just one of those times! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I went backwards and typed some added info into my comment above the goosebumps paragraph about the pants falling down, but forgot that I had to go down PAST the goosebumps paragraph when I was done adding that info...

    That is supposed to be right after the "pants on the ground" kid... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for posting your wonderful pictures, I always enjoy them! so sorry to hear about your water problems still continuing.....hopefully you can get that fixed permanently very soon, it's creepy scary I mean because it's water and electricity right next to each other! might be time to call a professional in to get it fixed. take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 17C is too cold to have the top down Anne people sure have some strange ways with fashion over the years. Looks like Spring is in the air for you up there soon I was watching the leaves drop here in town so Autumn is not far away. Casey was a bit "boosegumply" you say, sounds like you've had enough antibiotics. Have a wonderful week Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have to be WAY warmer than 61 for me to ride in a convertible!

    Casey is lookin' good! :D

    I don't know why younger men have to wear their pants below their butt... Totally irritates me! I just want to scream at the to pull their pants up and wear a belt!

    Get Randy to fix the water?

    And your taters look SO yummy!

    Love ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh..we had temps here in the 70's the past couple of days. We had rain overnight and the temps today (with the wind) it was noticibly cooler. Hope it warms back up..I was enjoying the warmer weather.
    We have the influx of "Spring Breakers"...and we have all sorts of folks.. dressed all sorts of ways...lol
    The potatoes look good...I so love fresh cooked taters..lol
    Ihope you get that water fixed permanently soon. Time for me to go rotate some laundry. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO you didn't lose your toe , PHEW ... I love when you add pics to your blogs and the pups seem to be enjoying the day .. I am sorry your still having probs with that water thingy and I hope you can soon get it fixed right and proper .. Wow Casey those are alot of goosebumps .. Ohhh the potatoes and chives look yummy , makes me hungry .. I hope you have a wonderful day .. I better try to get something in my tummy , seems I have not eaten alot since Saturday and now I am starving ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant get enough of your dog pictures I love seeing Mr. Miller too!! that dog cracks me up! beautiful sunny days here, it will be sweltering here soon, boo.......Casey is looking wonderful, she is such a pretty little girl. :) Take care of that toe hon. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy
    bet the dawgs are lovin the weather, I know Mimi is.

    Still too cool for a convertible in my opinion.

    I can't believe that :style" has lasted so long, my boys won't wanna try it, they may not like the wedgies I will force to keep their pants on.

    ReplyDelete