[My] Life in Wisconsin

Little Updates.


Good Evening All;

I have been 'away' for a time.  Lots of things to (try to) do with the arrival of warmer temps for us.  (Mostly that requires my presence outside).  hehehe
Punks too. And Sputty of course.

I have also been fighting this lightswitch migraine. On and off, and on and off.
I had thought that perhaps my back meds were responsible, somehow, making my head less awful. I might have spoken too soon. I try not to take the migraine meds- (they all make me feel as though I have downed about 6 pots of coffee, and I hate feeling that way).
I awoke this morning to a much better head, (compared to how I have felt the past few days anyway). I wasn't up for 2 hours, and back came my aura- It lasted over an hour and a half. So while my head is still ok, it is just threatening to come back. I hate that feeling too.
Weird too, that when I get these headaches, my stomach shuts down as well. I know migraine affects your whole body, but hey this is long enough already. I will get a shot if it keeps on tomorrow.
Of note. At my last appointment, I learned that I now have 5 fractures in my back.
They didn't stop me from doing a bit of raking today though.

I receive an email from Lori's mom every day- (Lori is the gal who just had the same surgery as Casey did).
Lori is doing so very well that she might be released tomorrow already!  Another feather in Dr. Sutherland's cap.  Like Casey though, Lori does have to stay in Minnesota for a few days just to make sure all is well before she heads back home.
What grand news!

I have been sitting on some news about William and Lawrence too.
First of all, William has been promoted to
HHC Company Commander!
I have been,
AM, and always will be, so very proud of him.

Now about Lawrence... Around Christmas, he had an episode of passing out. (He is 10). 
They brought him in a few times- He has a heart murmur; and as it stands now, he is also awaiting genetic testing. They are checking for Marfans.   I can't find the blog where I was originally diagnosed, but this is one of the things my own spine doctor had mentioned to do with my back.  And since I had dismissed it way back when I do not know a lot about it.
For now though, Lawrence is pretty much grounded- Absolutely NO contact sports of any kind until they find out more about his mitral valve and the possibility of Marfans.
Please keep him in your prayers?

I see we have just been issued a dense fog advisory.  A few days ago there was a huge pile up about 25 miles south of here on Highway 41. I believe upwards of 40 cars were involved. The miraculous part is that only 13 people had injuries.  Unbelievable! Weather was foggy then also. 
I am not as charitable as the news reporters though, so I won't blame the fog for the crashes. The simple fact is that the drivers involved were overriding their headlights. You cannot drive faster than what you can see. (Wonder what the insurance companies say about that)?
I remember that chapter from high school drivers ed. That was right up there along with inattentive driving... Mostly, I remember those gory movies.
Gross.

I think I had better post a few pictures taken with snow. The snowy pics may (or may not), be becoming obsolete with all these warmer temps.
Todays high was in the 50's. The weatherman said it has been since the beginning of November since we have had it that warm. (Seems longer to me).
  hehehe

On to those pictures...
.
.
.

Cnv0156 
Sputnik.

I have decided he is an evil cat. Casey was trimming his nails yesterday as we sat outside. I held him in a seated position facing away from me...
At one point I said, "Man, Sputty you are fat!"
With that, (and with God as my witness), this cat turned his head/neck around, made eye contact with me, and HISSED IN MY FACE!
Casey and I laughed and laughed!
I am so glad she saw that happen- Nobody would ever have believed it.
Yup. He is pure evil... (And fat).
.
.
.
Cnv0164 
Ssearching for mouse trails under the snow, on the side of the old shed.
.
.
.
Cnv0162
He obviously heard something.  Unfortunately he caught nothing...

.
.
.
Cnv0155 
Punk, taking a break in the snow...
.
.
.
Cnv0173 
Playing fetch with Casey's bottle of Dr. Pepper.
.
.
.
Cnv0177 
Trying to get it open!  No, it didn't work, (especially from the wrong end)!
.
.
.
Cnv0179 
And time to rest.
I am sure she is trying to figure out how to hold a paintbrush for that wall?
.
.
.
Punk had gone along for Master Gabriel's adoption last week.
In the 30's only, but sunny- More than warm enough for her to stay in the car.

On the way there, late, I had to stop for a train.

.
.
Cnv0165 
No snarling, but she growled for all 200+ railroad cars!
.
.
.
When we arrived at the courthouse, just who was peeking down from the 3rd story?
.
.
Cnv0152Gabriel waiting to be adopted! He is SO happy to be a Piantek! 
God love them, Kristin and Steve also kept my fathers name in there!
.
..
.
Cnv0154 
Goofy Gabriel!
.
.
.
Cnv0166 
Gabriel and his sisters- Alexis and Kaylee
Just a few months apart, they are almost triplets! Kristin sure has her hands full!
.
.
.
Hope you are all well and that you are also enjoying these Spring~Preview days.
I'd better close for now. My head is throbbing a bit and it is time then for me to go lie down.

Love to all.

XOXO
Me


16 comments:

  1. You have WARMER temps?! LOL! We did too...today. Almost felt like summertime with the 60's temps.

    Happy for William but sad to hear about Lawrence. But I suppose the murmur can be lived with. As you probably know all about.

    You have some wonderfully beautiful photos here today. Sputty sure is pretty. Now stop telling him he is fat. Think he did understand that remark. LOL! At least it was the appropriate time to hiss, huh.

    Gabe fits in so well with his new sisters. They almost actually look similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may I add....I have never seen a courthouse look that good on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....news news and news...

    Sputty has winter fluff not fat... You would glare if someone called you fat too.

    *Salutes* to William!!!

    I hope they get a favorable diagnosis for Lawrence soon. There is no worse feeling in the world than the helplessness of having your child sick.

    *GASP* Our little SQUASH is getting grey in the snout!!!! HOw the bleeping bleep did THAT happen!!?!??1


    Congrats again to Gabie and his new family! So glad they have now extended your family!

    Hope your head feels better soon!

    Love
    'XOXOXOOx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing about the courthouse, it's simply gorgeous!! Gabe is so cute with the
    spiked hair and that beautiful smile. They do look like triplets. He is a very lucky little boy. I have
    missed being around, my granddaughter was in the hospital and we had some very bad days with
    her belly aches. Now my husband is in there with terrible pain in his groin and down his leg. He
    can't put any weight on that leg and they tell him it's his back that is causing all the problems. He
    has to stay there until he can walk because I can't take care of him, I can hardly walk to the bathroom. :( My oldest daughter came home tonight and my youngest daughter and my grand-
    daughter are all camped here together!! It's really nice to have them here, especially with Dave
    gone. I love your pictures. Hugs & blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy that you're all getting the warmer weather now Anna and we are getting cooler days here now :) the pictures look great I'd love to see snow again, not an option where I live only on the lower east coast. Sorry to hear about your sore head :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabriel looks SO happy! What a happy and blessed extended family you have now!

    ROFL at Sputty hissing at you... He was just sayin' "How RUDE! I don't call YOU fat!" LMAO

    Whilst everyone else was having snow we were having spring like temps... Now that everyone is starting to thaw out, we are having colder temps... Kinda messed up if you ask me, LOL!

    Will keep Lawrence in my prayers!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should I be laughing at Stasha's colder temps? NO? But I can't help it.

    Glad you are out and a bout. Mike and I took two kids and the dawg for a walk this morning. It was a bit chilly at 35*, but at least the sun was peeking out.

    Gabriel does look happy, and he deserves too. Every child does. With that said, I will be praying for Master Lawrence and his bodies healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warmer for us anyway Sweet PeachieBaby-
    And every little degree above freezing knocks out more and more snow!

    I had a heart murmur when I was checked out when I was adopted. By the time I was 7 or 8 it was barely even heard anymore. I never ever gave it another thought until William had brought up Lawrence's.
    Since Lawrence's never had one before, I can only imagine what is going on. Will have to wait and see.

    I have never EVER seen Sputty hiss before. That is why it is so unsettling and freakin' humorous too!

    Gabriel and his sisters are very photogenic! All are beautiful too.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. The courthouse was built in the early 1900's.
    Maybe that is why it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Turkey Pea,
    Sputty has rolls of fat. He is morphing into Amos if you ask me.
    (Or maybe he is morphing into me)? hehehe

    Many many salutes to William. I told him I so wanted a picture of him all decorated etc.
    Maybe one day I will get one like that...

    When Lawrence had passed out at Christmastime, William was close by- Just not close enough to grab him before he hit the floor. Must have been awful to see! There is nothing worse than that feeling, and I know that all too well.
    I feel for William too. He has always done so right by Lawrence.
    Keep thinking positive about Lawrence!

    You said "bleeping bleep"... And cracked me up.
    Not sure about the grey...

    When I was little I always wanted a big family... I have that now!
    Knock on wood, my head has been ok today...

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    You must PM me with your new address please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Bev;
    You have been missed! I am sorry to hear about your granddaughter and your husband. it is so bad when we are made to feel so darn helpless...

    I try not to spend any time at all at the courthouse. But it is pretty.
    (Now you girls have me wondering what on earth everyone elses courthouses look like)?

    Kristin did Gabriel's hair that day! She used some kind of hair glue.
    Maybe I should use glue in mine and go about my days all spikey too!
    (Hey, it makes him cute, why wouldn't it work for me)?!?

    Happy for all of your 'campers'!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Lester,
    You would have to tell me what "cooler" means to you? Some people say it is downright cold when it is 80- Others have thicker skins.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet SlurkieBaby!
    Thank you for the prayers for Lawrence! One can never have enough people praying for them.

    My family IS growing- (and I like that just fine)!

    I still can't believe that darned cat did that! it was spooky! And more than hilarious! Casey and I laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes.

    You too, will have to define "colder temps" for me...
    Wonder what's up with that?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Oka;
    You shouldn't be laughing! hehehe (Between you and I, I giggled too)!

    I am heading out to the old shed this morning- Want to try to organize a few things if I can. (You will have to PM me and give me those sizes again).
    I haven't been able to get out there is so long, but I did manage to get the door up!

    Thank you also for the positive thoughts and prayers about these "boys" of mine!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Dear Annie,

    That's a really good shot of you in front of the shed. Love the hat. Sputty is SO handsome. His hissing at you was too, too funny. Punkie, as usual is such a lovely girl. I love the expressions on her face. Growling at the train, LOLOLOLOL.
    Congratulations to William. How much longer does he have in the Military?
    Bless little Lawrence and his heart. I pray they find out what is wrong quickly and it doesn't effect him for much longer.
    Casey looks beautiful as usual.
    I'll try to get some pictures of the inside of the courthouse in my home town the next time I go up. Yours is indeed lovely. SO very happy for Master Gabriel. He looks so happy with his Sisters and they do indeed look like family. You are blessed to be able to keep him so close.

    OXOX,
    Snotball.

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved the pics of sputnik and punk ... congrats to william and I will keep young lawrence in my thoughts and prayers ..

    I hope these migraines pass off and you start to feel normal again or so normal as you can with your back problems ..Take care of yourself and try not to overdo it

    ReplyDelete