[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Moon and The MRI

-Full Worm Moon- click for more full moons

Good Morning Everyone!
An already warm enough morning here- The above picture of the moon over the treeline was snapped when I went out to get my little dumpster out to the road. I thought is was very pretty...

Now, on to even more very very "pretty" ...

... Keeping in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
(You have been warned)!


Cnv0317
hehehe


I had another MRI yesterday. (I will not have the results until next week).
But I can sure tell you what this one was all about...
My appointment was at 8:15-  Casey came along, as I take diazepam before I go in for my anxiety. Not a good thing to be driving around high as a kite. 

Upon arrival I was given a questionnaire of everything from soup to nuts. (No soup, and no nuts).
They even ask what kind of music you want to listen to. The MRI machine is very noisy with its thumping and clunking and whirring. (Know that the headphones do not drown out those noises).
I was taken to the changing room, (pictured above). 
I could keep my shirt on, minus the bra as it has metal in the clasps. My socks~n~undies also stayed on.
.
.
.
Cnv0320......Cnv0319
These taken on the outside- The 1st pic is on the floor, the 2nd on the door.

And on into the room.
The room is quite large due to the size of the machin
ery...
.
.
.
Cnv0321

That doughnut hole is where I get slid in.
Darn good thing I can add a bit of self relaxation to the pill I'd taken.
(And a dry washcloth over my eyes too, to darken it even more).

Then came an hour and a half of laying flat on my back. (For me, this is the hardest part).
It is also why I feel so "out of alignment" today- (I'll simplify that- it hurts like hell).


And life goes on...

.
.
Cnv0282
Do you ever wonder what Punks face looks like after she does this?
.
.
Wonder no more!
.
.
Cnv0305 
hehehe  It's either digging, or she has black rouge.
Sorry I wasn't closer.
.
.
As for the dark make up, the cat needs none!
.
Cnv0306 
He waits to see that feral cat that lurks about.
Lordy, that'll be a godawful noise if they ever do 'meet'...

I'd better close for now-
Kris has just called and is on her way to help get the lawns taken care of. Casey will be coming out a bit later to help also!

Hope you enjoyed my 2nd MRI - (And I hope you enjoyed it more than I did too).
hehehe 
At least now you know you have nothing to fear if you ever need one.

Have a 'wunnaful' Wednesday! My love to all!

XOXO
Me

21 comments:

  1. I have never had to have an MRI done... I suffer from a wee bit of claustrophobia but think I could do it if need be AND if I got some really good drugs to help knock me out! LOL

    I hope the results come back OK...

    Sputty looks pissed! He's wondering WHO is trying to get in on his territory!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like MRIs and will be perfectly happy if I never have another.

    I don't care what they say about it being painless.... not only does the table and all the braces hurt, the machine itself hurts. I swear I can feel all my blood swinging its iron to the same side as the damn magnet comes on and off. Takes me a day or two to feel "right" afterwards.




    Love the punkie face... and Sputty has "mean cat" face down perfect!

    Could they have found you any BIGGER pants? and how come you get pants? I never get pants...I have to beg for a second robe to avoid freezing in there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is like being a little pregnant... I have it too and the MRI (even the open) one is creepy...ask for drugs. I can't have them and must suck it up and not freak out..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My work parallels health care so I am quite familiar with MRI machines. They are wonderful! NO radiation and crisp images. BUT, they are fookin noisy and even though I think they are wunnerful I'd hate to be slid inside one. The newer ones are more open and makes less noise. The noisy ones still produce good images, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you. But then again, I think elevators hurt (all that compression and elongation of the spine.) Some people are more sensitive to these changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog Anne .. I hope everything works out well with the MRI and they hopefully will be able to help improve your back ... I have never had one and hope I never need too ... I love the pics as always and Punk is so adorable .. Have a great evening and take care ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had one so far in my life and it wasn't all that bad really, for me anyways. I just kept my eyes closed, but it's tiring trying to stay so still for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet SlurkieBaby;
    Know that one of the questions asks if you are claustrophobic. If you are, your doctor has already made arrangements so you can have something for during the MRI.
    Just don't ever be afraid to have one done. (Be more afraid of the results).

    Sputty has 'cattitude' - He always looks pissed. hehehe

    Love you too. Miss you!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Pea
    Well, aren't you that grumpy Smurf! hehehe
    I am sorry you had such an awful time!
    What braces? Were they your own, or did they pin you down somehow? For me, they gave me (both times) a really big angled pillow to put under my knees. (Takes lots of pressure off my back).
    Then, when I said something I got a very nice warm blanket for my legs/feet. (I had them turn down the fan too, I didn't like it blowing on my shoulders and down my neck).
    Magnets are good for you! Sorry you have to get back to normal. No, really.

    ButchaknowIlove ya!

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    They didn't give me pants the first time, just now. Maybe it's a new thing?

    ReplyDelete

  10. Sweet Zusiqu;
    I am thinking that the enclosed ones also keep the noise inside?
    The part where the machine whirs noisily actually felt good on my back and shoulders. Maybe they should make them with a vibrating surface- (That might even relax Sweet Pea).
    The dr. had shown me my last one- I could not believe how crisp the images were! Better than any xray.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. When my back was at its worst I "felt" the elevators too. The stopping was awful, that little bounce right before the doors open would near send me over the edge....

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Carolyn;
    When I was in to see the doctor, he had asked something about 'ever had cement put in your back?"
    After I got over my horrified look, I said, "No, and no one is going to do that either"
    Wish he would have used the medical terminology.. then I could look it up and see if it's not as bad as it sounds.

    Just know that if you do ever need one, they aren't that bad. Tell your doctor if you are claustrophobic, or have any problems laying still for however long.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Suzy;
    The diazepam helps me to lay still for that long- (I probably even snored a note or two at times)!
    Course if I would have moved, I would have given myself worse pain than I already had...
    The washcloth over my eyes kept me from peeking. And I didn't. Not 'til the very end, and then just to see what I could see. I also kept it off as the machine slid me back out. (Didn't like that so I just closed my eyes).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. the pants may be new...

    The ones for my leg, they put my leg in an odd brace to keep it in the position they wanted.

    The ones for Maxwell, they put my head and neck in a cage which not only hurts but is even more claustrophobic happiness....

    and because they are looking in my head, no happy drugs for me.


    no blanket, no pants. and one of the times they forgot me in there for HOURS....



    they say magnets are good for you, but I sure don't like the feeling.... maybe it is good for me but like castor oil, it is narfy.

    did you just call me butch?

    xoxoxoox
    pea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Doctor Butch;
    Thank you! (Sorry I didn't say that earlier)...

    I did go there, and also have it bookmarked in case I forget where to find it within my silly posts.

    I hated that link- Well, ok, truth be told, I really only hated the 1st sentence...
    "Osteoporosis is the foremost cause of vertebral compression fractures. Not only are these fractures intensely painful, but they can cause deformity and disability."

    I didn't think too much of this one either:
    "There are an estimated 700,000 pathological vertebral body compression fractures in the United States each year of which over 1/3 become chronically painful. The majority of these fractures (about 85%) are the result of primary osteoporosis, the remainder due to secondary osteoporosis or osteolytic spinal metastases (e.g. bone cancer)."


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. But it IS an excellent site!
    (Forgot to add that too).

    I am an "idiot" sometimes...
    Now go ask Casey how that is spelled...
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete