[My] Life in Wisconsin

Pedophiles; and Catholic Priests


http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20100401/APC0101/4010583/1979/APClife

Menasha's Daniel R. Callan, a former teacher at St. Bernadette Elementary School in Appleton, is sentenced to 17 years for child molestation

(Do the click above for that story).
.
.
.
Angel Speaks
Image from here
.
.
.

While I do know that the vast majority of Catholic priests are decent men, I am thinking that perhaps that man should have been a Catholic Priest.
.
.
Vatican is Blind
Image from here
.
.

In a nauseating twist of events, some of those priests are just being reinstated-
Perhaps in a church near your kids.


March 31, 2010 

While the Roman Catholic sexual abuse scandal unfolds in Europe, the Catholic Church in the U.S. is under renewed scrutiny.

In the wake of its own scandal almost a decade ago, the U.S. church says it has reformed its policies for handling sexual abuse allegations and will remove from ministry every priest who is credibly accused of abuse.

But some of those priests are now being quietly reinstated. Read More...

***
How sick are all these stories? They have made the rounds for many years now- With each new story comes a deepening sickness in the pit of our souls.


I was born and raised Roman Catholic. (I even remember the Latin High Masses). While our Father M. Fetko was very very strange man, scary too, I don't think he was a pedophile. He was just a lunatic priest.

For many reasons I disassociated myself from the Catholic Church. To name a few:
  • I say my little prayers.
  • I do believe that much of which is in The Bible are true accountings.
  • I do not believe that the pope is infallible.
  • I do not believe I need to confess my sins to another mere mortal, unless I want to.
  • I can say nothing more in church than I can say at the side of my bed each night.
  • I do not believe that ANY baby is born with sin or in shame.
  • I DO believe that many people have more faith in their little finger than they are ever given credit for.

Ultimately, I lost a ton of respect for "the church" when they refused to baptize my CaseyAnne because her parents were not married.
... 'Sins of the fathers' and all that noisy crap

In the end, Casey was baptized Catholic at a church in Green Bay.
One of my neighbors has 2 mixed~race children (
aren't we all?). Sts Edward and Isisdore also refused to baptize her babies.

Much like myself, we do consider ourselves 'Christian', with open hearts and open arms toward all religions.

But those same arms would never embrace all the cover up stories the church has been telling.

XOXO
Me

7 comments:

  1. I left the church I grew up in for all the same reasons.

    Also having been raised "hindu" we firmly believe that since god is EVERYWHERE, you may worship anywhere and be heard. I found more bigotry, hatred, and nastiness in the church then I have ever encountered anywhere else. "Love thy neighbor, hate that little girl because her family is hindu" etc.

    I adored the pastor who was there when I was quite small. When he retired and his son took over everything went south.... I never had a problem but years later it would come out that the church had been hiding a very very big secret. The entire board knew and no one said that there had been sexual abuse going on for years and years.

    That said, one of my oldest (we were born one day apart) friend's dad was the minister who baptised me and he is a wonderful, caring, open-minded, loving man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never ones faith that is to be questioned , it is "who" is preaching to us .. This is a never ending story and a very disturbed one with cover ups etc .. I believe they should all be punished and NEVER ever let inside a church to preach again .. This has been going on alot more then we realized but every few days now you hear tell of this priest being brought up on molestation charges and its horrible what innocent people have had to suffer because of this ... I am also not saying its all priest because its happening in churches of different religions all over the world ... There was a boys home here in our province and it was only a few years ago it all came out how the priest were molesting boys ... Years later , when these boys were men , many came forward and it was quite the scandal ..It is so tragic when anyone is molested , be it a priest, minister , parents , friend and I have NO PITY for the abusers and believe they should be given the harshes punishements for those crimes ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Pea;
    Wish I'd have been there, I would have stuck up for you- so would my parents.
    We were raised better than that.
    Is it a midwest kind of thing? I don't think so. I think it is what is in your heart, or not.

    We were always told that God is everywhere too, so I talk to him many times throughout the days. (I also 'talk' to Mom and Dad).

    When I was born, I was baptized at birth, then a few days later when my birth mom named me. Then as I entered the orphanage. Then again by Catholic Social Services. And finally when Mom and Dad adopted me. Everyone must have thought I must have been FULL of that silly 'original sin'...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Carolyn;
    You are quite correct, it IS the "who" factor.
    I remember hearing stories of molestations years and years and years ago. The press never attacked it enough.
    Around here, the worst that was ever repeated was that our collection plate dues were going toward all the paternity issues. (And none of them of the immaculate type).

    Molestation IS everywhere- And thoroughly repugnant to even hear about.
    But simple rumor control doesn't make it right. Ever.
    So, something MUST be done. (And in this day and age of computers, it struck me odd that the church would even try to relocate these men. It's too easy to google and learn; and what worked before to hide it all won't continue to work now.

    It is the 50-somethings men that are coming forward now- (or so it seems around here). Think maybe the guys have gotten over their humiliation and are trying to get some of these priests put away. Somehow the church has always been able to intercede before that ever happened-
    They young men, and older men too, have to first find out where their own sexuality lies, and be comfortable enough with it to get past all the negative crap someone might say to them.

    I am afraid that we'll see, as soon as this all blows WIDE OPEN in the media there will be men and women from all corners of the world also stepping up to aid in the prosecution of these subhumans.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was baptized by my mother's friend's husband when the church my mother was going to at the time refused.

    It was missouri synod (catholic light)....not to be confused with the state.

    There were a number of people who DID stick up for me.... and continue to do so. You will recognize them as the people from that time that I still call FRIEND. Many of them were kin to that same man who fortunately were more like his father.

    I don't by original sin either. I believe that sin by definition must be willful....


    we were baptized a few times too... still didn't wash off the "dirty skin"

    Glad you talk to god often.... this is one of the things I adore about you.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. and of an age enough to be brave enough to reach out for fear of what might be happening to children....or to have children for whom they fear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Annie,

    Personally I think if a priest molests a child he should be defrocked. If a minister molests a child or commits adultery he should lose the right to stand in front of people and tell them how they should act or believe. I go to the most beautiful church ever. It is 32 acres created by God's own hand. I have never been able to understand how man can begin to think that God wants all the monies spent on buildings spent. He entered the Temple twice in His life. Church is not the building it is what is in your heart. I talk to Him several times a day also.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete