[My] Life in Wisconsin

Just Brutal...

Come kick off your shoes, and sit a spell!!


Come Sit with Me
hehehe


Good Afternoon!
Anyone else having problems with Multiply today?
If I have been to your blogs and haven't commented, please ask Multiply for an apology.
(Or shall I just blame my computersaurus)?
Hopefully I can get my new modem this weekend...


Casey brought me in yesterday for my migraine, it's been 3 days of that bad. Still is kinda nasty, but oh!, so much better than yesterday.
I was going to cut lawn today, but don't want to make my head come back full force either. Like Casey says, "The lawns will keep."

After my shot, and as we came out of the clinic, we smelled smoke. (I made some silly wisecrack about Punk probably starting a fire somewhere).

As we walked out past the building, to the car, we saw smoke, and lots of it.
And from far away, to hear the sirens and horns from the fire engines-



028
I waited 'til they got a little closer to take this picture though... 
hehehe

Seems as someone(s) tried to get an old Cadillac started. The car had a leaky gas tank...  Instead of cleaning it up, (and maybe pushing the out of the way, and away from buldings?), they decided to get it started anyway.
It doesn't work that way...
CLICK for the story. 
Can you say DARWIN AWARD?


No infusion for her this week, so Casey and I took a walk on Tuesday..
.




Sputty Gets a Ride
Sputty didn't even have to give her a quarter for that ride.



And once again, Punk did some work for us---

Pull, Punkin, PULL!
She HAD to get that fallen timber out of our way.



The fields are slowly getting planted...

Home 61410
Looking north across what once was a grand pasture for our Grade A herd.

And about 1/10th of the westward view too-

From the East




When we don't have anything to look at here, we go over to Kelli and Tim's...


Cedar Court 61010
Taken last week.


Marys Side
Mary's side too-  Also
taken last week.



Windows and Doors!
This one, when their windows and doors arrived.


And what a lot of progress they have made since then!

The planks are laid, the tarpaper is too-
(I am willing to bet when I go back today that the roof'll be looking real good)!

020
All the shingles on the top of the roof just waiting to get laid.
(Hey! Oh never mind...)!  



length
This is the length of the building- Both sides-



013
The entrance in the attached garage to the mud room has a door!
(Good thing too- as Mr. Miller has already gotten stuck in the 2x4's).


014
Kelli. So proud of her door!



015

And even more happy with her 9' living room windows!


Now, what good are windows if you can't look out of them?!?




023 
  hehehe


Those two girls were just peeking out from all over...


022
(Yup. There they are again)!


026
Kelli and her kids, as we leave!

I hope you are all having a 'wunnaful' Thursday!
I have some turkey beeping in the microwave for me to eat a bit of lunch.
A bit of an avocado too...  Then I plan on taking a nice long nap.

Casey is asleep upstairs so the phone is getting unplugged! She didn't sleep at all last night, and drove out here about 6:30 this morning.
She finally went upstairs about an hour ago...

Love to all!

XOXO
Me

15 comments:

  1. I love the way you two take care of each other :) great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at the pics you post. You must walk around with a camera in hand all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love the pictures, what a bunch of hams.... mmmmmm ham. Dang it now I am hungry...


    XOXOXOXO
    Pea.

    Oh, FYI, I sent a package to Casey at your house.... I was worried it would not fit in her mailbox at the apartment.... NO PEEKING~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Annie,

    I'll only sit a spell if you let me help mow afterward.

    Looks like Kelli's house is coming along nicely. Good for her.

    The face on that Sputty kid on Casey's shoulder, LOL. I just love it.

    Glad Casey can get some rest and also glad you got a little relief from your head.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both get some really good restful sleep and wake up feeling just wonderful. No pains or aches, they will be all gone. Maybe even waking up with a smile on your face! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. AS usual, I totally enjoy your blogs and pictures!!! I wish I could come visit and sit a spell with you.

    Physio is going well, even tho I have to work hard at it. I prayed for strength, but he gave me
    determination like I've never had before. My PT is very surprised....made me peddle the bike for
    ten minutes this morning, do squats..20 of them, do one step, up and down 20 times and I walked
    54 meters...from the back of the physio dept to the front and back with my walker! Tonight I
    walked to the bathroom with just my cane for the first time in at least a year or more. I'm proud
    of myself, I must say! Keep me in your prayers, ok? Thanks.. :)

    I'm so sorry about your migraine!! I pray that it will be all gone today and that you both sleep well. Give Casey a big hug for me and she can give you one for me too.

    See ya,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos Anna and that house is gonna be huge by the looks of things, you need to rip up those Cabbages and plant something with a little more Medicinal Properties Anna ( Wink, wink )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sweetie!
    - And we really do too!

    A long time ago, (and maybe in another lifetime), I had other daughters who had somehow tricked me into believing that they too cared for me...
    Credit where credit is due, they did take me in for my shots a few times. (Compared to the care I have needed over these past 10 years, that somehow pales in comparison).
    Bitch. Aren't I?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  9. Sweet Zus;
    hehehe
    Last night, the weather was predicted that it could get bad.
    I did not forget to put my camera in my purse should I have had to run into the basement.

    Did I remember doggie treats, or cat food? Nope.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Pea;
    I know of the food thing that pops into our heads. hehehe I do that all the time!

    Package? And I can't peek?
    is it Christmas? Nope.
    My birthday isn't for a while yet... And I quit celebrating that anyway when I turned 50, and got nary a card from anyone I thought loved me. (Besides that wunnaful Casey of course)!

    Hmmm...
    Might you be sending part of the underseat of your car?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Snotball!
    That lawn will be terribly high by the time I finally get to it.
    No mowing for either of us. (And no sitting in that chair 'til it cools off a bit either).
    (Bad) storms not to get here until around 3 or 4, but until then it is muggy and fookin' hot.
    Wuss that I am, I won't be going out in that to mow or to do anything. (Besides get my wash off the line).

    Sput is a MONSTER! He has taken to waking both me and Punk in the middle of the night just so I let him out!

    And OH! did we 'nap' yesterday...
    Casey had to be in town for 3, and woke me up at 6:30 when she woke up.
    Oops.
    We needed it though.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Suzy!
    See my reply to the Snotball about that nap we had! hehehe
    My head is 'worser' again today, but I will live... Oh well.

    And as far as waking up with a smile on my face, I do. Lots of times, especially having a funny comment somewhere, or a funny joke in my email- or whatever.

    I have a tendency to be able to find 'funny' in many places. Even if it is sorta inappropriate every now and then.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Lester;
    It will be huge. (It IS huge already)! But to remember too that the east side of it will be Marys part.
    Mary is Tim's mother. His dad, and his sister both passed a few years back.

    Maybe if i had a few seeds of my own I could bend long enough to plant some of my own?

    I haven't seen ANY cabbages yet! (That's what he told me he would plant)!
    But there are tomatoes, green beans, (big mistake on their part- I already told them I would be stealing those). hehehe
    Some squash.
    But NO cabbages.
    Maybe he is still mad at me for telling him off a few weeks back. Too bad, so sad.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Annie,

    If I had known it was your 50th, I would have sang for you. Your gift would be me stopping, LOLOLOL. Happy 50 whenever it was. You are loved.

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mommy!

    Boy, was I glad I went over to your place... Sleeping in that waterbed sure did make a big difference! It was nice to sleep so comfortably! I'm also glad that you were able to get some sleep as well!!! Seemed like a good day for that kind of activity!

    Despite having no infusion this week, I'm so weak and yucky... The bad pain kicked in on Wednesday and I was dealing with that, bathroom stops every 15min and also with a migraine last night/this morning... I was up until about 7am... UGH!!! I'm hoping it's not another megacolon thing, but I'm guessing that since the last one took about 5 years to form, this one wouldn't have done so too quickly after the surgery on it... I'll have to call Dr. Szabo on Monday if the pain is still as bad...

    Anywho! I'm so glad they are making so much progress on Kelli's house!! It's come a long way since the last time I was over to see it! I think at that time they had just poured the concrete, no walls, no windows, etc... So it was nice to see the walls, roof and "innards" taking on quite a form! She did give me a tour of the place when I got there, and I found it hilarious that I walked through the "walls" when she was done! Hee hee hee... Now I can say I was able to walk through walls at Kelli's house!!! HA!!! :D

    I'm glad your head is doing better... I know how it is when those nasty buggers persist for days on end and won't let up... This one that I have is making me so friggen tired all the time, that I can't stand it! Either that, or it's the pain that's making me tired... Could be... I dunno...

    Well, I'm off to find something to snack on... Had some of my homemade (kind of) tuna noodle casserole earlier! Mmmm.... Now I must search for some dessert! :D

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete