[My] Life in Wisconsin

Productive Insomnia


hehehe

Good Morning , and "Happy Dads" to ya'll!
Even for those who are female among us, and have filled those shoes; or buried them.

It is a beeeeee-you-tee-filled day here!  And perfect for trimming my furry lawns.
I will be out there shortly, so have to type fast. (Not that I can, just that it sounds good)!
hehehe

With the threat of some really bad weather, I spent some time cleaning the basement.
I won't sweep down there because sweeping only disturbs the dust- and it winds up all over the house then. (Know that I have enough dust around to worry about the way it is, I do not need to move the basement dust upstairs)!

I also know that even the vacuum exhaust blows dust, so I just covered my nose and hair, and was off being busy...

Punk didn't like looking at me like that, and she ran to get Casey, (who in turn ran to get the camera).



Punk no likey!
hehehe

At least now I do not have to breathe in all of the cat/dog fur while I am sequestered in my basement should a bad storm come along.

We lucked out with those storms. Too many have not been as fortunate.
I swear this country/world is going to hell in a hand~basket, due to not only Mother Nature, but BP as well. From earthquakes, storms, to their respective by-products of floods and fires...
Oh, I hope everyone is safe- and stays that way too.

Speaking of going to hell, what are your thoughts on the death penalty? 
I am just curious- (From Astra's blog). Someone put a flea in my ear as I stated that I'd favored it for cases like Jeffrey Dahmer. They were still very upset. I was thinking of the families of the victims...
Oh well. I realize that this, me, is just one persons opinion too.

Time's a-ticking, as I am still trying to type fast- (which is counterproductive at best)- hehehe



I am sure you remember this photo?

I had written "Casey will speak to this picture!"

And she has! (I repost this here because I do not know if any of you do go back and read the comments afterward)?


Weed Whacker Wars

Her story, her words: (From here).

"HA! That lovely picture?? Quite the story to go along with that one....

Randy had been outside for a few hours at that point... He came in to ask Mom if he could take one of the weed whackers home with him, as he couldn't get it started. I told him it better not be the one that I use, because that's the only one I can start.

When we went to the front door, he pointed at the one that I usually use and said it wouldn't start. I told him that I could always get that one started...
He replied with, "Go ahead, be my guest... Prove me wrong..."

Oh, don't dare me to do something that you think I can't! I will usually accomplish it then, just because I was told I couldn't do it.

So I meandered outside and made my way over to the said weed-whacker. I primed it and put the choke in the right position... And after a few minutes, had it started!

Mom had followed outside after hearing Randy's dare for me, and decided she'd come and see what was going on... She had the camera ready, and captured me starting the thing that "wouldn't start"... :D

Well, in that specific picture I was actually turning to yell at the cat, who had gotten a wee bit too close to the weedwhacker, and I didn't want him to get hurt, which is why you see me "talking" and the cat running off the right side of the screen...

I just thought it was more than hilarious that he was so sure that I wouldn't be able to get it started...

By the way, not only did it start, but he was able to use it for a few hours of weed~eating after I got it started... :D Hee hee hee...
Never send a MAN to do a WOMAN'S job!!! LOL!!!
"

(Ya gotta love her)! 

I awoke yesterday at 10:35pm the evening before. So technically that is Friday night?
My back was paining me something fierce and there was no going back to sleep.  I did go back to sleep about 9:30 last night-
Sheesh, a 23 hour day for me. I haven't done that since... Oh, never mind...

But at least I was busy. I got almost all of the wash done- The carburetor and the exhaust cleaned on the rider- I made a shrimp salad with boiled eggs- Got my floors scrubbed- rearranged a bit of dirt- cleaned a few windows- and a few other things too- I even put up the new shades in my bedroom.
If my back wasn't hurting before all that it sure was after! At least I knew I couldn't make it any worse than it was before.  hehehe

Such is Life in Flintville today- Now I shall get outside and mow my mess.
I hope all is well with everybody, and that your Fathers Day is especially perfect!


My love to all.

XOXO
Me


12 comments:

  1. hehee...you look like a bandit with those scarves on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought for a few seconds as I slowly scrolled down the page that you were holding a shot gun !!!
    No hope of carpeting the basement is there Anna ?
    I'm reading this at 08:55 Monday which is technically your Sunday evening at 18:30 Hrs ( 6.30 )

    ReplyDelete

  3. No wonder my little Punkin was so upset!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  4. No hope for the carpet. Every now and then *if* the rain and the wind comes from the ENE, (at some unknown particular speed), I will have a teeny tiny river down there...
    Not often, and not much; but not that I want to replace carpeting every 4 or 5 years either.

    As I am not silly enough to carpet the basement, I am also not silly enough to shoot at concrete in enclosed quarters.
    ... unless I have to that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Miss CaseyFace was here to start MY mower! Went out the other day to make my attempts at mowing again and the danged thing wore me out just trying to start it. And yes....it had gas. LOL! Never did get it to start. I gave up and had to come inside and turn the AC on just to cool down my blood red face. I truly hate summers and outdoor work!

    My thoughts on the death penalty?? Well.......I do believe everyone should have the opportunity to prove whether or not they are rehabilitative enough to be put back out into society. Some people DO change for the better and regardless of what they have done, they have gone on to be better than they were before. And it is very unfortunate that many innocent people have died because the legal system was in such a rush to convict and punish "anybody" so they could sweep the whole thing under the rug and get credit for a conviction. But.....there are also those who do NOT change, will NOT change....and will continue to refuse to change. Those are the ones the death penalty should be reserved for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Annie,

    The bandit photo is too cute. I can understand why dear Miss Punk was nervous. LOL.

    If there is incontrovertable proof that someone is guilty of murder, then I say hang them High.

    Way to go Casey. Never let someone tell you you can't do something, LOL.

    I've been trying to get some things done here as well. Not getting very far but every little bit helps.

    Sorry I didn't get here sooner, Dear Annie.

    OXOX,
    Your Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got the basement cleaned up. Dunno about storms; we never get any here which are bad enough to require a shelter - but I can only imagine what breathing dog-fur would do to my allergy.

    (The death penalty? The stats pretty much prove out that it's a form of moral-degeneracy largely practiced by such sterling social democracies as Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the P.R.C.; ironic that the Fundies, Teabaggers, and other suchlike would nuke those nations, but have no problem taking-company with them on this point.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Annie,

    I refuse to apologise for my stand on life, death, or religion to anyone. We all have differing views and mine are just as valid as anyone elses.

    Much love,
    OXOX,
    Snotball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I promise that if we lived closer that she would happily start your mower! My girls could always start things that I couldn't. We had an old push mower when we lived on Jaworski Rd, (I refused to get a new one), hehehe.
    It would never ever start for me (not even when it was new)! But they could always get the darned thing going. I had the old Simplicity tractor- They had to push the other around the trees and bushes and berries.
    I never mind the outside work when I have running things, and when the weather cooperates.
    Best case scenario, 60-70 degrees, sunny, with a nice breeze.
    If I am just sitting around, 65-75 is nice. Whereas seventy-two-point-five is PERFECT! hehehe

    I am so torn about the death penalty still. But I am learning.

    And I can also ABSOLUTELY respect your point of view about putting to death the innocent by mistake-
    *Someone, somewhere, once stated that it is better to allow a thousand people free than to put even one person to death without cause.
    Then again, I do believe that cops have a right to shoot you if you are going to threaten their life too. Maybe that's the 'redneck' in me- maybe it's the fact that Randy has been a cop for forever...
    (Know only that I have NO place for respect for the killers like Dahmer, or for the men that rape and murder children).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you like that picture eh? (But now I've gone and blown my cover)! hehehe

    Death penalty- The word "incontrovertible" is the clincher.
    And yet, (playing devils advocate), there was incontrovertible proof in many cases before DNA, and a few of those were innocent too.
    Hoping no one takes issue with the use of the word "few". Because in the whole realm of things since its inception, there have been a 'few'...
    There are more than that that have actually escaped MAXIMUM security prisons, and have been a real threat to society. And while ths never happened to me, I can always try put myself n someone elses shoes (to a point), and somehow know their fear...

    As far as Casey's congratulations. (The look on Randys face was priceless and I didn't get that shot (I was laughing way to hard)!

    I always told my girls that they could do anything that a man could do except father a child.
    Guess that "took"

    Aw you don't have to apologize for being late to my blog- You weren't that far behind! (Not as far as I am with your own).
    Sad. True

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure if the basement could be misconstrued as "clean" but it's more than comfy should the need arise for me to die down there. hehehe

    I can dream about living quite happily without any storms... Now i am jealous! (Is it odd to be allergic to dogs and not cats)?

    Sad that I (think I) must be a moral degenerate Will. And I really DO understand, and respect, the peoples opinions that are not my own.
    But for the gods sake I am neither a damn fundie nor an ignorant teabagger! Now please go bite your tongue and wash your mouth out with lye for that one- hehehe
    Hek, I even no how to spel.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. And here, I promise you that you never need to Snots!
    That is just called respect for each others point of view is all.
    A bit of compassion for, and understanding of the next person, (even if you don't necessarily agree), is what means we can all get along.

    When I write, "what are your thoughts on...", the replies should be opinions, it's not really meant to be a testimony to facts and figures.

    ReplyDelete