[My] Life in Wisconsin

Bringing "The Desiderada" to Mind-

A wee bit of a rant.


















Speaking of caring, I was told today that I do not care.
Oh, "what*
e*ver".

hehehe



But then to [try to] 'threaten' me with these words, "other people read {your replies} and wonder..."
... blah blah blah




# 1. If they haven't the sense to ask me to explain something or another, then they will remain invisible to me.
# 2. My parents raised me much better than to worry about what the Joneses are thinking, saying, doing, etc.

As I told the author, 'if the day should ever come that I actually give a good damn what others think of me, then I can only hope that would be the very day that my heart stops beating.'

*sigh* 
As we have all learned, there are friends. And then there are "Friends"
Ya know?

I do however, take issue with anyone even insinuating that I am apathetic.
I know I am not. God knows I am not. (And if need be, those really are the only ones that matter).

Please though, do not be thinking that I do not care what you write, or even "if" you comment anywhere.
You see, I have learned (a long time ago) that without your comments I never have much of a blog; no matter what I might choose to write about.

Simply put, if you do not understand something, just ask. I will answer as best as I can, with references if need be.

What I promise not to do, ever, is reply with "I can not help it if you do not comprehend what I write. and its not my job to explain it further"

All I can say to that is 'Wow, that's sad'

XOXO
Anne

PS
The fact will remain that the person in question will not even take the time to read this.
It's too bad because I believe we may all benefit from reading this daily.

Desiderata


Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann

Fleur-de-lis pic from google

24 comments:


  1. Yes, I feel better now.
    That said, it is time for me to eat a leg of chicken and to watch a bit of the news.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM, chicken, LOLOLOL

    OXOX,
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm wondering who said that to you.

    I am always Happy to explain what I mean by what I say if, if what I say is not all that clear. But you better have your coffee/caffeine fix handy to stay awake long enough to read it. Hehehehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow hun, if anything you are the person who cares the most! and you are right to nevermind them. take care and glad that you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything said here and especially this part (Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself)...I learned a long time ago that your own mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, and strive to avoid people and things that are vexatious to my spirit. (Love that word!) Clearly the person who called you apathetic is in sore need of a dictionary.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Oh it was yummy!!!
    But it gave me heartburn. Now I am wide awake with a box of pepto tabs in front of me.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you can/DO explain things, and you wouldn't be you if you didn't.
    I only wish everyone had your same ability.

    I read things through twice, and thrice sometimes. If I still do not 'get it' I will ask.
    If it is political, and it's way out there, (and I cannot find anything to explain it on the WWW. I will ask.

    I have learned that people not only get p*ssy when you write about anything political, they get p*ssy when you ask them where it came from.
    What's up with that?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the "The Desiderada" Anna I had the large purple poster of it when I was young-er I enjoy your comments and don't mind showing my vast lack of knowledge on a subject and asking a question in the comments area if need be; because I know you do care and will fill me in mate as you're an amicable person

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back now. (Sorry, back fractures suck).

    You are nice to write that!

    It makes me happy that someone understands me even a little, as do many on here. More, I think the person in question understands me more than they let on, and they just got their feathers in a nit.
    And just trying to stir up trouble on others' pages too. Generally with that I will jump in with both barrels blazing, and write... (Gets me in trouble sometimes, not often- But only with the likes of that type of person(ality).

    I try to clarify everything I write (about).
    Sometimes that just falls on deaf ears- (Sometimes it just bounces off thick skulls).

    Yup I really DO feel better now! hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    Usually I only get p*ssed when I, personally, am attacked. OR my kids.
    But then there's this pain too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr Mike!
    And welcome to my 'wanderings' -hehehe (Sometimes in mind, sometimes in body).

    You are quite correct about the mind being friend or foe. Like life itself, it is what you make it.

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    The Desiderada was written in the 20's or 30's. One of those things that still ring true today.
    Desiderata is Latin for "Things to be Desired."
    (In 1956, the rector of St. Paul's Church in Baltimore, Maryland, used the poem in a collection of mimeographed inspirational material for his congregation).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somewhere around here I have two copies-
    One for the blacklight I had in my teens- Another that I had bought for Mama way back when, when she had commented that she liked mine. Of course hers is on wood, and framed.

    I have a vast lack of knowledge on many things. But what I don't know I am always open to learn about.

    XOXO
    "Amicable Annie"
    hehehe (Thank you! I like that)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just thought i would put the remark you took from an entire blog and repost it for you to see. The remark about other people's statement was feedback from other chatters. I
    flintville said

    A little 'foot in mouth' disease there, Tee?
    Again, when I have asked for an explanation you have refused.
    And you talk about "meanness" and "rude" as if you are the only person getting it.


    What do you want me to say? I told you I am writing about the hate that I see and hear from the far left and the far right, I am seeing and hearing from atheists and fanatical religious. I see and hear the hate in their statements. If you do not that is your business. I do not have foot in mouth disease or any other disease. and it was quite rude of you to say that statement. Other people read your replies and wonder how in the world you can keep saying mean thing to me and then call me out on what i write. I can not help it if you do not comprehend what I write. and its not my job to explain it further. No one else has a problem understanding me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you happened by this way. I did not identify you, nor even your gender, because I respect your privacy. (That YOU do not speaks volumes).

    It does not matter who disagrees with you, or who offers to help, it is always misconstrued to be "mean" somehow.

    You write in vague (mis)representations, generalities, of what you are trying to say. My own Pa taught me not to beat around that proverbial bush. To mean what I say and to say what I mean.
    And so, I do just that.
    Unless otherwise baffled or 'cornf00zed' I am straight to the point.
    If you do not like that, then, I suppose you do not like it. hehehe

    That 'foot in mouth' remark came from me, repeatedly having to ask you what you meant. This, AFTER you had complained about, whatever, ... yadda, yadda, yadda

    In your blog you write, (and I quote), "It just makes me sad to feel hatred toward others."
    Then in your reply to me you claim, "I do not hate."
    So which is it?
    (Can you at least see where my confusion may come in)?

    As I have previously written within my own site, I abhor the word "hate".
    Having you write of it, ad~nauseum, (even twice in the same day no less, within separate blogs!), evokes my own human animal. For then you do not know hate, or surely you could not be so very flippant about it. Could you?

    I have been referenced to, and called all kinds of things within your blog(s).
    There comes a time that you'd best be prepared to take what you can dish out.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. As long as the author has stated her identity, here is the blog in question.
    http://tesstruhartz.multiply.com/journal/item/569

    It is not, in and of itself, much to read (about). Know that this was the straw that broke the camels back.
    And we ALL know how I feel about broken backs.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. "The truth which makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear"
    [Herbert Agar A Time for Greatness]

    ReplyDelete
  17. *snort*

    You uncaring or apathetic?
    xoxoxoxo
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I just made a return visit to try to figure this out. For a minute there....I could have sworn this was about someone I knew who tends to think the same way as this person you are referring to.

    I for one, don't even like to use the "hate" word. I have noticed that those who do use it a lot tend to understand its meaning more than those who don't. And that tells me THEY feel an emotion that most others don't. So....then....doesn't the problem with hate tend to be more with the ones who use the word more often than others?

    I choose to see the LOVE in people. Love is a positive word. Even the worst of people has some love in them. God sees it and knows its there. And that's what WE should be looking for too. Right, Anne?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always lost to a degree on the happening with others on your blog Sweet Annie, but its due to the fact that I see you, and I see me when I come here daily. If I have questions, I ask you, mostly I just enjoy myself here, Clearly you are not uncaring, you are awesome and caring, and intelligent should I go on....lol......because I can. :) xoxoxoxoxoxox Me giving You big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

  20. Sweet Pea;
    Thank you for knowing me. (How did that happen anyway)?

    XOXO
    Me

    Now please wipe the sno(r)t off your screen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait...
    !
    !
    !
    !

    Your comment was sarcastic, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Could still be one and the same. Ya never know on a computer, do you?

    I do not abide the "hate" word, especially repeated over and over again, either. It sickens my spirit and my soul. (Of course that is exactly why I posted this entry in the first place too).

    I disagree about using the word and knowing hate. I still think that unless a person does know hatred, in any of its various facades, that they use the word without thinking.
    But yes, you are correct about the problem being with the person that uses the word.
    It is not a way of life. It is a way of illness.

    I try to see the heart in people- Sometimes that gets a bit underwhelming to do.
    Maybe that makes me honest. Maybe just human.
    Either way, I shall look harder- at everyone.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet Brat!
    You are so kind. Thank you!
    Know this. It's OK for you to be lost about it all- The problem comes in when I am lost on my own blog.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete