[My] Life in Wisconsin

Peanut Butter 'Pupsicles' -and Blight


  Tomato with Late Blight.
"This is from the same disease that caused the Irish potato famine of the mid-19th century.
There is no cure, and if a tomato or potato plant shows so much as a sign of late blight, the plant is a goner. It kills quickly; affected tomato plants will abruptly collapse.
The Green Bay area has received more than 17 inches of rain since June 1, about 9 inches more than normal. The humid conditions are ideal for late blight spores, which then travel on the wind or through other methods.
(Photo and words from here. CLICK).


Good Morning All.
Another hot and sticky day here, and I don't like it one bit.

Storms already, the sky a beautiful red when I woke- Even without the radar images to know the rains were coming...
"
Red sky at night, sailor's delight- red sky at morning, sailors take warning"
It is usually true too!

So is "rain before 7, clear by 11"-
Ugh. See, that means sunshine. On an already too hot and too humid day. Highs to be near 90, the heat index much higher than that.
Afternoon skies may bring more strong storms. The forecast changing a bit from yesterdays- Today they say the storms will be more north perhaps, and  more of the "hit or miss" variety.
I already have a new dune on my basement steps- (I did not get any clear caulk yet).

If the storms hold off, Cousin Buttercup will be coming late this afternoon, on her way back to Colorado and to her teaching job- She will stay overnight, having spent her summer in Sault Ste Marie, MI
I will make some stew for dinner.

Did a bit of shopping last night as the sun went down. Gee, could have bought some caulk then. Duh!

Punk is feeling much better so there is no way to leave her home.
hehehe

While at the vets, she received an injection to counteract her nausea- When he was done with his exam, he also sent us on our way with 2 prescriptions. One for nausea and one for a possible tummy infection.
(Metronidazole, 500 mg- 2/day; and Metoclopramide, 10 mg also 2/day)...

Her appetite is still lacking, no more inert alarm that makes her demand to be fed at 5AM and 5PM. But she does eat- I have kept her on a softer diet for now, and she has also eaten some of her 'Taste of the Wild' food- Just not as much.

No more 'real' bones for her.
She does get her red rubber kong bone.
I put peanut butter inside of it, and pack in a butter and crunchy peanut butter sandwich too. Then I freeze it good and hard! She absolutely LOVES her peanut butter Popsicle! Promptly plopping it in my lap when it needs a refill too.
hehehe




"MINE! -Now GO AWAY"

"Leave me alone!"


"Mmmmmmmmm"
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Two days ago I had the 5 o'clock news on. The weatherman was saying how much rain Suamico was getting...
WHAT?!?

Though a bit cloudy here, there was no rain-

Suamico Storm
Looking eastward toward Suamico-

We didn't get a single drop out of this little storm that had come straight south from the Lakeside, over the Bay of Green Bay.
Suamico was also 10 degrees lower than we were at that point... Lucky dogs!

The humidity does make for some pretty pictures- early morning and at dusk too.



Fog to East- ½ hour before sunrise
I took this foggy one shortly before sunrise yesterday.

Casey will find out next week how her iron is- or how well she took in those 6 infusions from May and June.

She is still battling fierce migraines, almost on a daily level- sometimes several in one day. I think this is some reaction to those infusions...




CaseyFace!

She came out a few days ago with friend Marsha from game. I had been cutting lawns for 2 days straight and had neglected anything on the inside of my house. Oh well.
As I finished up the mowing, Miss Marsha even found a shell hanger from my rummage sale.


Casey, Marsha, and shells
The picture doesn't show it all- It is over 4' in length-


Unlike the tomatoes, the rains have been good for the cored fruit here...


A Zillion Red Apples Already-
There are a million apples- Some even now already on the ground.
Will have to see how many- Either they go to Sue and Glenn for their deer, or I will make some fresh applesauce. (I know Casey will be voting for the applesauce).
hehehe
It will all depend on how many are on the ground.

I'd better close for now.
I hope you are all safe and sound (and cool too).

Love to all.

XOXO
Me



15 comments:

  1. it got our tomatoes here... :( the only thing that made it out alive in our garden was the squash, zucchini and cucumbers. The rest went into hiding.

    I'm so glad Punk is better!! so so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't lose too many tomatoes. The pics of Punk and her kong are so cute. Glad she's feeling better.

    OXOX,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kongs rule, don't they? Dogs just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea , I think I will make my Arriba a kong!!! but out of his hotdog and bun toy that he carts around with him, the damn thing is almost as long as he is!!! Casey is looking great nice to see that. Where I live in downtown Phoenix weve only gotten six minutes of rain all summer and its monsoon season :( other places in Az are getting rain though, just not here.
    xoxoxoxoxo........oh btw, I vote for apple sauce too.......yuuuuuuuuummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Punk is feeling better. I want applesauce too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen any bad ones yet- Just your 'normal' malformed ones. hehehe
    But after these last 2 days of rain, who knows?

    Punk is getting there little by little! Still sleeping lots though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope that crop is good too!
    We haven't had any of that... yet... ever.
    But parts of the fields are real low too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's not so lovey about it when it's empty and warm.
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arriba will love it- But make sure it's not chewable. (Kongs aren't).

    Yes, Casey looks good in those 2 pictures, and am hoping I can take more like those.

    6 minutes?
    I would shrivel up and die along with everything else.

    Applesauce IS yummy!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  10. You know where I live, silly woman. Come and get it!
    hehehe



    ReplyDelete
  11. Everybody and everything seems to be feeling (as good as one can with migraines) good and looking good. Well.....except for that mater! It's in pitiful shape.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I feel so badly for CaseyAnne. Not sure I could ever be that stoic.
    She has taught us much about persevering.

    Giggling at that poor tomato too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehehe

    *whispers* you're welcome Casey....

    ReplyDelete