[My] Life in Wisconsin

It's so hot... ~hehehe

Sunshine

 From my email- (Thank you Duane)!

The birds have to wear potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

 

The potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.

 

Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs.

 

The cows are giving evaporated milk.

 

The trees are whistling for the dogs.

 

You no longer associate bridges or rivers with water.

 

You can say 113 degrees without fainting.

 

You eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.

 

You can make instant sun tea.

 

You learn that a seatbelt makes a pretty good branding iron.

 

If the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.

 

You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.

 

You would give anything to be able to splash cool water on your face.

 

You can attend any function wearing shorts and tank top.

 

The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and are you kidding me.

 

You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.

 

You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

 

You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

 

Hot water now comes out of both taps.

 

it's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one is out on the street.

 

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

 

You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 am, before work.

 

No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery or not having air conditioner in a car.

 

Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

 

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.



Ain't it the truth!

XOXO
Me


23 comments:

  1. new Flintville blog soon.

    ~

    ~

    XOXO
    Guess who-
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and right away from my email came this smartass reply from my smartass son in law...
    hehehe
    Now how did I know that William would respond?!

    Hey when did you move to Alabama? We thought it was always like that! Sounds like just another July or August day. Love you!

    Love you too William!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  3. -and it does a number on bare feet too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. an uncle used to say, it was so hot that all the popcorn popped in the field and people thought it was snow and froze to death

    ReplyDelete
  5. the author must live in Arizona, I'd bet money on it !!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. its bad when even the Gulf waters are too warm to get into to cool off. although when I openned the front door to let Bruce out to go to work this morning(he had coffee in one hand ..his PowerAde in the other) it was actually tolerable out..I'm thinking the storms out in the Gulf are responsible. I could use a day of 2 of letting the AC rest a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the above is pretty well true for down here :-(
    This has been a very mild Winter indeed and I am not looking forward the coming Summer Anna
    PS: I just answered this on Jen's page also

    ReplyDelete
  8. omfg, the heat has just been awful this summer along with ALL the humidity it makes it so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously huh Lester? just wait until winter and they will be longing for this again huh?


    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too.
    And I can't even open the windows at night either- Too freakin' humid...

    ReplyDelete

  11. A mild Winter in Wisconsin means less than 100 inches of snow, and a very few days of sub-zero temps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Gross" is the absolute best word of all.
    (So far).
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  13. You are WRONG!
    I would never wait til Winter to complain about being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope that you and others, animals as well are keeping as cool as you can; because of the heat that my body generates by itself Anna I can truly relate to what you are going through and I myself am not looking forward to this Summer :-(
    Although I do prefer the cold weather I feel I could never survive one of your Winters I think all that snow and sleet and stuff; collecting wood and other fuel for fires, it has been so warm here this Winter I kid you not so I can see myself walking around is Sarongs and Island gear this summer for sure.
    Hang in there mate

    Lester

    ReplyDelete

  15. Gawd Lester, we are feeling much like dying.
    Your summers would kill me! We have this humidity that makes breathing outside unreasonable at best. We have had that for a week or so, and that is too long for me.

    I have an intolerance for any extremes, (weather and otherwise).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  16. hehehe

    It has cooled down considerably since I posted this one...
    We are currently at about 56 degrees (F).
    Nice and cool, and GREAT sleeping weather too!

    Thank you so much for stopping in!

    XOXO
    Anne

    ReplyDelete