[My] Life in Wisconsin

Casey's Reaction to the Infed Infusion



  "Objects in the rear view mirror"

Good Morning-
Friday already- Casey has a doctor appointment for 11; and I am typing fast because there are a few places I have to go also.
I also have yet to get in the shower.

To catch up a bit...

Casey had an almost immediate, and severe reaction, to the Infed. This is why her doctor wanted her at the hospital for this treatment.


St V's


We got settled in as they had taken her almost as soon as we had gotten there!

"Here we go again"

A very nice nurse, Miss Donna-
When Casey had explained about her veins being so shot- and the fact that they have a tendency to roll, Donna told her she would only poke her once. If that didn't work, she would call in the SWAT Team.

"I'll poke you once and call in the SWAT Team

Casey, getting poked...

True to her word, in came Miss Joy-


Cnv0641

Small veins, but she got the IV started at once.

Casey was then given 60 mg of Solumedrol, plus 50 mgs of Benedryl.
These were given to ward off any allergic reactions.
After those are given slowly, we wait for an hour for those meds to kick in and be ready...
We were told that at the end of the infusion Casey would also receive 60 more of the Solumedrol before she went home.
We never got that far-

About 1 minute into the test dose, Casey had a reaction in her arm- This is not a bad thing- just that she needed a bit more dilution.
2 minutes in and her back cramped up terribly.  This is major, and indicative of kidney/renal damage.
Donna stopped this test dose and immediately called Casey's doctor. He stopped the entire process.
Donna could not even flush the vein as there remained ½ the test dose in the tubing.

After watching her for a while, then very shortly we were on our way.


How many ramps have we seen?

Wondering how many different ramps we have been in?

Casey was better, but still hurting on the way home-
But Mama knows how to make her feel a bit better...

Casey at Kelli's

We stopped at Kelli's-


The best prescription for Casey

Casey with the horses-



May following me...

And Miss May following me like a little lost sheep.   hehehe

We finally got back here after those horses got a bunch of loving.
She still felt like crap.

But was made much better...


Greg and Casey
  ... when Greg got here!
Awwwww, aren't they just so cute?!


I will let everyone know what Casey's doctor decides to do next...
She is quite pale once more- and weak too- Such is par for anemia.

I hope you all have a 'wunnaful' weekend!
Love to all

XOXO
Me

PS
My pictures won't show up on my blog. I hope they show up for you?

17 comments:

  1. Sad hope she is okay. Maybe she is paradoxical, that is what one doctor said about me when I reacted to Potassium IVs. when A is suppose to happen B does. So sorry for her to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SweeTee;
    Either paradoxical or her doctors are just plain confused by this little girl of mine-

    Was watching a show the other night- Not sure what is was- But they referred to the stepmother as a person who always exaggerated the child's ills.
    Those kind of people really REALLY make me mad!!!
    Especially when "reality" for Casey leaves so few options and alternatives.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  3. From you keyboard to Gods ears-
    She has been sick for too many years.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Anne,

    Münchhausen by proxy, is the term you're looking for. I would think it would take a very sick and needy person to use the illnesses of their loved ones to make themselves look good. So sad that.

    Poor little Casey. At least it was just a test dose and not much went in. Glad the nurses were Johnny on the spot.

    She looks so happy at Miss Kelli's. Love the horses.

    Hope her appointment goes well today. Prayers for you both.

    oxox,
    all my love,
    your snotball

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you dealt with great staff this time.... As always Casey and you are in my prayers.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. pictures show up for me....


    glad to know that it was not as horrible as I had imagined and hope they get it worked out soon....



    *hugs*

    XOXOOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is not quite the same as what Anne just described.

    Those people will actually deliberately MAKE someone ill and/or convince others that the child is sick when they are not at all....




    http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pics all showed up, if no one mentioned it yet, :).
    I am so glad the nurses were very wary and observant;
    I'm so happy Greg came and got her :) :) :).
    I am sending my own energies to her....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pics are there and its good to see Casey still smiling through her pains.

    You know....I think some nurses are part Vampire.....like those who always have the best luck with getting into a bad vein.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Caseys feeling better and they find another solution soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KC still looks beautiful despite the pale. Has she considered Vampireism? All kidding aside. I pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sweet Mommy!

    Yep, the pictures show up on my end! Love the one of the rear view mirror, looks like it is completely different from what is showing of the land in front of the mirror!

    Just woke up for a bit, to head straight to the bathroom. When I tried to lay back down I had pain... So I decided to head online as I had the time and my concentration level isn't TOO bad :D !!!

    I felt awful when the test dose failed... But was also glad it was the test dose and that we had a great nurse who was watchful and caught everything. So smart were you to note that it was kidney/renal symptoms... I thought it was just muscle pain and wanted to push the infed the rest of the way... You and the nurse overrode that decision of mine and I'm glad you did, or else we might be looking at another transplant only this time it wouldn't be my own cells, but a new kidney...

    I just feel like this is getting the best of me... Like someday they'll just decide that I'm too much of a paradox and that nothing else can be done to fix me... I override that thought most of the time, but then the "what if's" crawl into my ear, just like in that Shell Silverstein poem... Glad I have you and my wonderful support team to tell me to shut up when I get like that! Hee hee hee... I know these are just worries and I just have to tell myself that I've made it though the worst, though chronic pancreatitis, or "HELL" as I like to call it, and because I've made it through that, I can make it through anything!

    Glad we stopped and saw the horses and the progress on the barn! What was only a few 2x4's that day has grown to a whole building now complete with siding! It's amazing how fast that went up, but good too as it's getting chillier and I'm sure they want it up before the snow flies... UGH! Sorry, said the "s" word on your blog, hope I can be forgiven!!! :)

    Well, going to take those pain meds and head back to bed. Sleeping, I think, is the only thing I can do well with this darn anemia... Hope that gets fixed, but am not looking forward to the 3 months they'll have to give me the Ferracet for... UGH UGH UGH!!!!

    Hope you're feeling much better now! And that you are also able to sleep :)

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!!! Only on some Saturdays do I take up Vampireism!!!! :) It's a fun game, too!!!

    Thank you for the compliment! Sometimes I think I look as bad as I feel... Glad to know that's not the case!! Thank you also for the prayers... Just wish you were closer!

    Love you, Miss you!!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS... I think it's great that you got BOTH nurses with the tourniquet in their hands!!! Great action shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWW! I Love you too! Come visit when you're feeling better. We'll tear up this town, or at least watch hours of Supernatural on reruns. Jensen Ackles is HOT!

    ReplyDelete