[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Hole...


   This one's for Gritter!  
Casey, at The Pumpkin Festival in Thorp.


Good Morning!
I am still catching up so you'd best grab a cuppa coffee, it's a windy one.

Most of you already know that I fell in a hole.
Wasn't my fault-  But I do have the explanation now.


Yesterday afternoon, Kelli and Tim had brought the trailer over- (I'll blame them)! hehehe

Kelli and Tim

While Tim parked the trailer, Kelli and I had wandered over to pick some squash.

Remember these pictures from last Spring?
A little handful of saved seeds, and a little bending...



Seeds   ◊◊◊◊◊◊   Me, Planting seeds May 2010

Those few little seeds I'd saved grew into a lot of beautiful squash!




Humungous Squash
Mmmmmm !!!!
The one on the left is your average store-bought Butternut Squash.
The one on the right must have found some growth hormone in that soil.
(Yes, that is a dime, almost lost, between them).

I've been picking a few of those here and there-
Even leaving some for the neighbors, in their driveway    hehehe
(And keeping some for me too)!  

Back to my little adventure- into the hole...

This was no ordinary hole- But not a cavelike opening into the earth either. It was large enough for a small herd of fattened gophers to enter ALL at the same time- But big enough to sink into, and tight enough to entrap my leg.


I swear on my parents graves that this hole was never there before! 

Chimney on the tombstone?
A rough winter ahead? -Or is Pa smoking again?
Sure looks like a chimney up there to me?!?!  hehehe


Perhaps the hole is a foxhole?
(I haven't seen any of those beasties since we saw the wolves a few years back).

Not sure, but when the ground(cover), and vines, gave way I sunk clear up to my knee! 
Tim had seen the whole thing from the truck- Kelli had been picking squash.

I didn't break anything, but I was injured. (Pride being what it is). hehehe


Punk, nursing a broken heart because Mr. Miller and Miss CocoBeans did not come.

What Happened?
But always vigilant too
She'd heard me squeal; then heard Kelli and I laughing quite loud-
So she was off to check it out...

She didn't even have to dig!


The Hole
Among those wilted, (frozen), squash vines, that dog darn near disappeared too!

She emerged with a dirty face-

Dirty Face-
It's only dirt, thank goodness. Her face did not smell of skunk. Whew.  One day I'll spy something that doesn't belong, and let you know what it is that tried to kill me.
Glad I really didn't get hurt-

Kelli also found this quite entertaining-
 

Tim and I, Bad Backs
Tim and I -almost twins- with our matching little back braces.
The very picture of health, right! (And how to age gracefully)! hehehe


I'd better close for now- Went to Wouters' Front last night and ordered prime rib.
Didn't get any wash done then, so it's time for me to start emptying my hamper.
Supposed to be another beautimous Sun(ny)day, so I'll hang the old quilts on the line.

Wasn't too good for the Minnesota Twinkies yesterday -the Yanks kicked their butts.
(And our 'wunnaful' Badgers beat those Minnesota Gophers too)!

Hopeful that today our Packers can hold on to beat Washington too!
Go Pack! 

Cnv0619
What's on YOUR pumpkin?

Game is at noon, so will have lunch for halftime if anyone wants to come watch with me!
Casey will be heading to Marsha's today-  A bit of help with her biology course.
Maybe they will come out after that.

Time to start attacking that hamper.
Love to all! Have a 'wunnaful' day!

XOXO
Me

27 comments:

  1. Holes are holes are holes?
    Not if it is the nineteenth.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Creator that it was only your pride injured. STAY AWAY FROM HOLES. They HURT!! (end of sermon, lol)

    Miss Kelli's kitty is so pretty.
    That squash looks nummy!! Will you share??
    Sad little face on Miss Punk. Maybe next time sweet girl.
    That was a big hole!! I'm SO glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.
    I think your brace is much nicer, lol.
    It's laundry day for me too. I have to take mine to town until I can get my washer fixed.
    Not a sports fan so don't have an opinion on your games.

    Please be careful Dear Sister.

    oxox,
    your snotball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're OK.

    Punk looks just like my Scooter.

    Squash looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky it was your leg and not head first , and lucky no injuries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic squash!!!

    I think Punk was looking for whatever it was, that pulled you down the hole ..... you've gotta watch for those man eating rabbits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowee not even a sprang ankle your ruuuuuucky!! Have a great Sunday! Enjoy your game.
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. good story telling leaving nothing to the imagination with pics lol Maybe it was a fox hole .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you weren't physically hurt in that holey incident. That pride heals faster than a bone or scrape does.

    Now I gotta ask you....was that a light up Jack Daniels sign that Casey was holding? I ask this because my daughter collects the tin type replica signs and she loves the Jack Daniels advertising stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are ok.... looks to be fox hole sized huh>? Maybe Punkie will get some playmates!

    I remember the days of having the foxes live under the corn crib and how they used to just play and play for HOURS with Miss Charlotte!

    Did your BIG squash get any squash?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh and @ Casey: LUSH Back away from the big sippy cup!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad there were no serious bodily injures. Pride heals quickly thank goodness. I'm usually the resident klutz here or used to be..Bruce is taking that title as he ages.
    Looks like ya'll are having beautiful weather. We are as well but something is blooming somewhere and its really giving my allergies fits.
    Be careful out there picking those great squash! I'm sure baked w/some butter and nutmeg/cinnamon those will be delicious!
    Off to nap and watch football with Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe
    - - That's the same thing Tiger Woods said.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to have to talk to Creator-
    (Seems I might be thinking on changing my mind on that statement).

    I will share my squash. Come and get it.
    And then whilst you are here you can clean my house.
    Fair exchange, no?
    hehehe

    Fookin' hey! Football-
    Don't worry about not having an opinion of your own- Trust me, I have got an opinion (and an extra 25 for you)!
    I got so mad at the game that I went outside and mowed lawn. (Probably shouldn't have done that). But I had to do something other than watch any more of our guys go down to IR- (or any more damn yellow flags either)!

    Oh! Punk hears Kelli and Tim, and just about goes through the door while it is still closed! hehehe
    Nah- she wasn't that sad- But sure was interested in that hole...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read your comment fast
    First read said "Punk looks just like my Sister."
    Too funny!

    Squash is yummy yummy yummy!
    (You can come too, but first I get a ride)!
    Bring the Snotball.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  15. Kelli would have pulled me out- Or Punk would have dug me out...

    OR, failing those 2 measures, Tim could have used the come-along and winched me out...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh thanks a lot! Now I am going to have bad dreams about 'wabbits' with forks and knives!

    Punk sure wanted whatever it was-
    She would not have remained like that for so long if it was an old hole-
    Her attention to it tells me it is, (or was very recently), used.
    ugh

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not feelin' so "ruuuuuucky" right now-
    Major pain kicked in about 11, and the pills are not touching it.

    So I had 3 choices-
    They were, 1. Watch the game -and get even more p*ssed off. @. Go the hospital for help. Or 3. Crawl on the lawnmower...
    I crawled. Cut for about 3 and a half hours. (Need about 3 times that time to git'er done too).
    Oh well. Lots of fresh air.

    "No pain. No gain."

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fox or not, I still have to fill that darn hole in! That way one can figure out right quick if it's used or not.
    If it's used, I will call my neighbor- He is a DNR man!
    I am not going near it--- again. (Once was enough)!
    hehehe
    Can you imagine if 'whatever it was' had been on its way out- and suddenly this big old foot comes down on it? ROTF!!!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  19. I CHANGED MY MIND!
    hehehe

    HOLeY incident- be damned!
    Too funny you are today!
    (You must have gotten some of Denise's synthetic pot)!

    I don't remember about that sign- Maybe it was?
    I will ask Casey when next we speak.

    XOXO
    Me

    Gee, I have a very special Harley/Miller anniversary mirror- No lights- But the last I checked it was still worth about $579.00- Very unique- only a very limited edition
    Does she want to buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I AM NOT OK!
    OK?
    hehehe
    (couldn't resist).

    Punk does not need playmates. (I keep telling her that anyway.
    She has the SputMonster, and should be happy with him... (Well, except for those little claw things).

    Big Squash gets almost whatever Big Squash wants. This must include a little squash. hehehe
    ~ Would YOU argue with Big Squash?!?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. That just sounds completely wrong...
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. My littlest boy LOVES squash. Send one this way. How come I have a feeling that first pic of KC and your hole incident are connected? Glad no broken stuff.

    ReplyDelete

  23. Enjoy it Pea- That will be the ONLY time you will see me admit that.
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

  24. I am laughing at you watching football and napping at the same time!
    (You and Peachie been hanging tight today)?!?

    I giggled at Bruce too- (In defense of my own klutzy experience, that hole was completely hidden- Under vines and whatnot).

    Butter (REAL, and lots of it), salt pepper and a pinch or three of brown sugar. Nothing better!

    I actually got chilled as the sun was setting- but was hot enough earlier-

    Oh, and if you can see my little scrolly thing on the right, I added Suamico weather to it earlier

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! It takes a weasel to be thinking of the correlation between KC and Jack and Alice too.
    Oh for your littlest might just do that-
    But you will have to resend his address, I lost my documents. (They fell out).

    Later Ant Weasel





    Funscrape.Com | More 80s Slang Comments




    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahahaha; Anna I saw Casey with the Jack's and I immediately thought Oh my no wonder you fell down a hole hahaha, Casey looks so happy and well there which is fantastic :-)
    Those Butternut Squash ( Butternut Pumpkin down here ) looks amazing and I love them very much. the link to Thorp was interesting once again I love your links that you provide us all.
    The photo was very well taken and positioned Anna however I do hope your Pa has not taken up smoking again;
    Don't feel bad that you now have a back brace Anna, we are all getting to that age where soon you may be in-line for a hip replacement :P
    I hope you have a warm and comfortable Winter Anna and Casey and pets :-) 80.6 ° F here

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved the 'Jack Daniels' photo! LOL!

    Fancy falling down a hole! Maybe you should start wearing those leg braces when you go walking? You could get a set to match your back brace OR one of those snazzy shiny British suits of armour?


    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete