[My] Life in Wisconsin

But where to poo?



Good Frigid Morning All;

I have 2 driveways. For a while yesterday I had none.
Now, once again I have 2 driveways!
hehehe
Jim came with the snowplow about 12:30 yesterday afternoon.
Yes, it was still blowing around something wild, but the snow had quit coming down, and the weather had settled down enough to move most of the snow. Not even sure how much we got- Probably not as much as was predicted, but enough to hide most everything left outside.


Waking up yesterday, Sunday, the first thing one does is check out the windows...

First to the kitchen window...


Kitchen window

Yes. That is drifted up the side of the house.
Put there by the winds, as the snowfall was deep but certainly not that great. hehehe


Then to peek out the east windows...

Toward the woods

No wonder there is snow everywhere! Still coming down.
I do hate when the snow flies across, instead of in a soft downward fashion...


OK. Now to the living room window to see if I can still see the yews.



LR Window

I see them!   Kinda.   Sorta.   hehehe

So out to the entrance...


Teeny tiny drifts in the screen

The screen door was/IS frozen. I put silicone on it last night. It still frosted up the handle.

By this time, Miss Punk was begging to go out.


   ...   A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta doo~doo.



Must find my poo spot

Off she goes, in search of her favorite place to poo...

She couldn't find it!


Where's my poo spot?

She looked to me to see if I knew something...


Maybe this way...

So she was off to find her 2nd favorite place...


Nope. Not here either...

"Well, where IS it, Mom?"

And then back again across the yard...

... A little faster this time-


Good grief, I gotta go!

She literally pranced through the drifts!

I have never laughed so hard at doggie doo~doo in my life... She finally gave up looking for someplace perfect, and found a place to squat.


It is cold, and very white, outside this morning. 
Not as windy, so the only weather advisory today is the windchill warning. 
* COLD AIR POURING INTO THE AREA WILL RESULT IN WIND CHILLS TO
AROUND 20 BELOW ZERO THIS MORNING.
* WIND CHILLS THIS LOW CAN PRODUCE FROST BITE IN 20 MINUTES.

 School buses are running about 2 hours late- A few extra minutes for the plows to ensure the roads are (mostly) open, and the buses are all warmed up.
Yesterday, Governor Doyle issued some snow emergency for the entire state.
Well hell, it doesn't take an idiot to know you go nowhere when it's like this.

It does bother me that the news stations ALL say that the Sheriff's Deparments have warned everyone to stay off the roads. Then they proceed to tell you what a terrible drive it was as they drove from here to there to report that it is snowing and slippery and downright dangerous.
What the hell is up with that? St00pid people.

I sewed for a while yesterday...
But damn!, my back is awful, and my head kicked in.
(Must have something to do with the weather).
I napped a little too! hehehe
Apparently so did the Packers. Oh well.
I watched until the 4th quarter. Should have kept it on...

The news has just stated that we received about 11+" of snow. Seems like a lot.
They also said the windchill advisory will be canceled around 10AM, when the windchills will be above 10 below zero.
The weatherman also said that this blizzard came one year to the day after our first blizzard last year.
Weird that.
To see those pictures, please click here. (www.flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/916)

I'd better close and get in the shower-
Am waiting to hear from Miss CaseyFace. Perhaps she will be coming out today.
I have some thick cut pork chops for our lunch if she does... Mmmm

Speaking of Casey, her new pictures are uploading as I type.
You can see them by clicking here. (www.edbdkcn.multiply.com/photos/album/13)
Great comments on there by the way! hehehe

Must fly for now, the dryer is buzzing...
Love to all

XOXO
Me

25 comments:

  1. Oh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Poor Punk, lol bake something, keep the house nice and toasty!!!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually put up drapes on one window, (by where I sew), because it was too damn cold.
    Someone left the air conditioner in the window.
    Casey and Greg will be coming out tonight or tomorrow to remedy that.
    The wind came straight through the AC unit!!!! Oh my feet were cold! hehehe

    I also have a big old pot of water on the stove-
    That's why all the window pics have such a lot of moisture on them. When it gets so windy, it just draws out whatever moisture is in the house. * I hate to have boogers in my nose so I just put the water on the stove, on medium, for a few days.
    Will dig out my humidifier as my back allows; or it'll keep for when the AC gets taken down.
    Insulated or not, that darn thing sure lets enough wind in. (Of course the winders were gusting to 50mph on that side of the house too).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 in Alabama...got the space heaters going full blast and it's 64 inside...the wool blanket and chai tea have helped a little....just a light dusting of snow here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how cold it is down there! And I haven't heard from William either. ;-(

    To heck with the tea. You need hot cocoa, and a touch of brandy.
    Trust me, it works.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my email weather came this

    Sub-zero wind chills through Monday... Get the latest in your updated Personal Forecast from StormCenter2.

    Meteorologist Rebecca Schuld

    Your detailed weather forecast is available. Click here:
    http://www.wbay.com/Global/link.asp?L=70839

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe substitute Jack, George or Emmet???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang Girl! You got yourself some frosty temps there! We are at 27 degrees, and I feel happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Annie,

    Miss Punk is a hoot!!!! Poor girl, trying so hard to find "her" spot. LOL.

    I hate to say it but I'm glad it's you and not me. We have about 3 inches and more on the way.

    Making ham and beans for supper. Cornbread too of course, lol.

    Glad the sewing machine is working, somewhat, again. Sewing keeps you off the street corner, LOL. After this move, I'll have to get busy on mine. I have housecoats promised to all the kids. A wool jacket promised to another Sister too.

    Boy a hot toddy sounds good. LOL

    Stay warm Sis, I love you.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look very cold indeed and I would stay inside also.
    Oh poor Punk however, I can solve your problem Anna and it's as simple as selling sand castles on the beach hehehehe





    No, no please no need to thank me Anna I hope it helps out with you snow problem, customers should start lining up very soon my friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are were the stadium collapsed, you get at least 2 foot of snow, we had it on the news here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL@ Punk!!!!! OMG that is hilarious looking at the pictures of her prancing about and looking at you to give her instructions! :) thanks again for sharing some laughter! {{hugs}} now you stay nice and warm and cozy up there, cuz it's freezing down here and you are way further north! bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mommy!!!

    I laughed quite a lot at Miss Punk looking for her perfect poo spot!! "Mama, what's all the white stuff for???" Love that line, and use it quite a bit in these parts! I'm still laughing at her bewildered look on her face!

    I just could NOT believe the snow, wind, and the drifts that were made! Some of the drifts here covered more than half of the garage doors, and the ones around my passenger side of my car ended up being up to the windows on the doors!

    Plus, as you learned today, my car was parked with the back end facing the wind, yet snow ended up in my engine. It's fairly common this time of year, but when I looked, not only was there snow, but ice, and all the way back to the firewall!!! For facing away from the wind that's just unbelievable.

    Just got a hold of Brian at the auto body shop and am going to bring it in to him in the morning. The shaking was worse on the drive home, but went away if I was going less than 50mph. So he's going to take a look at it and see what's the problem... Hopefully it's not major. I'll also have him check it to make sure it's fully winterized.

    Randy thinks it's a spark plug or cylinder issue, but shouldn't be a major fix... Just really bad timing with Christmas coming up, and with the frigid winter.

    I love your pictures on here! The window ones are very cool! Amazing how much the snow drifted... Those winds were just nasty...

    Well, I'm off to read some of my comments and then I'm going to bed. Don't know what's with today, but my pain levels are awful like yours are.... Just a different place...

    I'll call you when I wake up and when I leave here. I'll probably bring the car directly to Brian's shop and then call you if he needs to keep it for a few days... Ugh.... You have a wonderful and warm night, sleep well, sweet dreams, and I'll see you in the morning!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  13. you always give me a laugh....

    love Lester's comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One might easily throw in a "Turkey" too!
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  15. And here, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE those 27° - They would be downright balmy right now.
    Brrr...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually laughed at her predicament! Close to tears by the time she finally gave up the fight too.
    They say we got about 11"- Sure doesn't seem like it- But oh wait, I really haven't gone out in it either.

    Sewing machine working? Whose?
    Sewing machines cause illnesses. (I think I have Tourettes Syndrome now).
    And you have NO idea how many times I thought "Man! I should have gotten down on my knees in the damned blizzard, naked, and just begged her for that machine" hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  17. OMG! I love this!
    Absolutely brilliant you are!!!!

    And just to clarify... (For anyone living in the South Pacific, (or just south of the Mason Dixon Line too)...
    The snow really is not the problem.
    The darn temps are.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  18. I am 273 miles away from Minneapolis. Hehehe-
    (And 281 from our Hotel there). My car knows that to be a fact.

    The Minnesota Vikings are a staunch rival to The Green Bay Packers in the NFL.
    I am a Packers fan(atic).

    That video was scary- Just too scary to even think of...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  19. She is such a funny little putz... (I assure you that I am not that picky)! hehehe
    Thanks for the hugs too- Always a nice way to warm the insides!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Dear Sweet CaseyFace;
    I can never ever keep up with your comments, so I won't even try. hehehe
    But I will post this.

    It is so cold that even Punk hates it. And now she wants to be your lap dog...

    ~

    ~

    I am sorry about your car. Perhaps, like us, it is only shivering?

    I am so sorry about your pain too. Time will take care of that.
    Slowly but surely. And remember- You are exactly where God wants you to be.
    I am glad he wanted you near to me, and in my heart and soul.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  21. Punk is always happy to accommodate! (As is Lester)! hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  22. Happy to see you giggling!
    (Was that you that deleted)?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. yes it was me that deleted.


    ummm.... I think i loled but accidentally deleted so came back around with a giggle in case the other posted.

    ReplyDelete