[My] Life in Wisconsin

Snow Today, Blow Tomorrow...

Good Morning All;
We got an inch or three of snow on Thursday- Casey came out and helped me shovel yesterday. Then we were off to buy a few necessities for the weekend.

Soon, our clouds will open and cover our little corner of the world. We have already gotten about an inch this morning.

From my weather email:
WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST SUNDAY.
(Crap, that's a long time for any storm).
* SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY...AND MAY BE MIXED WITH SLEET AT TIMES DURING THE MORNING.
THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

Now they are saying that we might be upgraded to blizzard status by tomorrow morning. Our winds are to be N at 25 to 35 mph... Gusts much higher-
Apparently too we are at the warmest we will be for the next week or so too. Temps tomorrow will be nasty cold, and go down from there- (Wind chills will be dangerous at best).

If I am not on or around, it is only because I will be watching the storm. OK, that is not going to happen; (that's akin to watching the grass grow as far as I am concerned).
Or may be it will be that mouse has turned to 'Igloo' status. I then will be frozen solid wherever I stood last. hehehe 
Hmmm  
Do sewing machines freeze?
Yes, I am still sewing patches for most of every day.

Casey had an infusion on Thursday morning. As soon as it was up and running, her blood pressure was OK, and she was in the least amount of pain, I was up and running too.  I had a few stops I needed to make before it snowed.
Casey asked that I return by noon, as Nick goes to lunch and she would be left with Lori- (who is a raunchy nurse and does everything in her power to cross Casey).
This infusion was set to run for 4 hours. Casey has had such terrible reactions to these infusions, and the pharmacist and her doctor thought the reactions would be lessened if it ran much slower- Her skin breaks out from just the pokes- As always, her veins shut down and refuse to cooperate.  And once placed, the IV runs like razor blades up her arm. Her blood pressures generally go way down.
All was as well as it could be, so I left.

I returned 5 minutes late. Oops.   Casey met me at the door -as she'd waited.
As soon as I'd left, her arm pained something fierce, the IV infiltrated, and, and, and.
Long story short, she'd been waiting since 10:30. I generally take her cell phone with me- (We both forgot that, that day. It won't happen again).  At least she knows everyone there- from the pharmacy to admit, to front desk, (not to mention she is on a first name basis with the nurses and doctors as well).
Not like she was abandoned, or that any of them would allow her to be, for long!
hehehe


I do have a few pictures, and will add them to the comments below, when I can. I still have to send them from the camera to the machine... Slow that way lately.
My back is doing as poorly as it has been for the last few weeks, so it bugs me to sit here overlong-
At least when I am sewing I am up and down between the machine, the table, the ironing board, and the cutting board.

Not sure if that is good or bad for it.   It is the way it is though.

I have to shovel out the doorway every now and then so Miss Punk can get out and get her business done. Neither herself nor the cat have much energy today- I do think this coming storm affects them so. (Is that odd? Or have I just been slow to notice)?

Time for me to get in the shower and then shovel a wee bit.

My love to all!  Have a 'wunnaful' weekend.

XOXO
Me


My Saved Locations


 
Where are YOU? 
Maybe the better question for those of us in Wisconsin, is "where would you like to be?"

For myself, I pick Alabama or Texas to see a few of my grandbabies- warm as they are...

Hopefully you are somewhere safe and warm.
(And if not, please get there and batten the hatches).

Methinks too, that Detroit is darn lucky that the Packers will play *there* tomorrow. They are to get snow, but not like what we are forecast to receive.


From here:  *Aiden could be one of the biggest December snowstorms on record in Northeast Wisconsin. Blizzard Allison, of December 2009, was the biggest dropping 14.7 inches of snow."



19 comments:

  1. Temps, for today anyway...



    Tomorrow night, the deep freeze!
    Brrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 and 35 today, 35 and 14 tomorrow and 22 and 10 Monday. YUCK!!!

    Poor Casey. My heart goes out to you both.

    Hope you are able to have a good day.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  3. try and stay warm...........79 here today,
    xoxoxoxoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's part of the weather video from WLUK Fox 11 that they had at www.wluk.com... It's the accumulation of snow by the timetable they've estimated...





    Looks like by the time we leave for game (it's IN TOWN, thankfully) it'll be about 4". Game ends around midnight, and depending on how I feel throughout, I might leave early. However at midnight it'll be around 7".... Again, I'm glad I'll only have in town roads to travel on with a total travel time of about 10 minutes (on a dry day)... Plus, if it's too bad and I feel like not driving later, I'll head out early as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can SEE snow from my back door... that is close enough thanks.


    It has been cool here but still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mommy!

    I hope you are nice and warm, and not frozen in place! We're nice and cozy here, and very glad that the worst of the snow will be between late tonight and noon tomorrow... I can't believe the amounts we are supposed to get!!! I hope this winter isn't full of storms like this or it will be absolutely awful and leave me pondering yet again why we live in Wisconsin!!!

    Since game tonight will be a smaller gathering (not too many people traveling from Milwaukee or Sheboygan tonight) I'll be bringing some games with me... As you know, I'm a full-fledged LOVER of board games, and have a nice little collection! Plus a few of the games are designed for groups to play. I'd love to get a game of Balderdash or Cranium going...

    For those of you who've never played these two: my heart goes out to you! Just kidding, but they are a real hoot! I've written a blog on both games, just a quick on with descriptions, so check them out!

    That blog is here: http://edbdkcn.multiply.com/journal/item/138/Balderdash_and_Cranium_Great_Group_Board_Games

    Well, I must eat something and then get ready to head out... I also want to place a call to my friend Marsha, who hosts the Green Bay gatherings, to let her know of my idea and see if it'll be a good one... After game tonight, Greg and I will stay in the apartment until it's safe on the streets... Probably Monday by the looks of the forecast! I'm NOT looking forward to this much snow, and don't believe anyone really is!

    I, too, hope everyone stays safe and warm this evening!!

    Love and Hugs to all!
    Mommy, I love you MUCH MUCH!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would see the weather as a holiday Anna but then again I could come home to relatively beautiful weather all year round

    Where are YOU?
    Maybe the better question for those of us in Wisconsin, is "where would you like to be?" ( Australia in the South Pacific maybe )
    Hopefully you are somewhere safe and warm. :D Yes I am hehehehe
    Would love to see some of your creations Anna and does the cold effect the pets the older they get ?
    Poor Punk does not need or want a frozen butt
    30.2 F = -1 Celcius Ima staying right here thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interstate 94 is closed between Hudson WI and Tomah, WI (Roughly this is between Minneapolis and Madison).
    Oh No I'll try and stay off of it :-)
    .
    -3 Celsius (For Lester). hehehe

    WOW that's cold hahaha,
    I could always look it upAnna I'm actually trying to educate people from the old ways here hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang it Lester-
    The South Pacific sounds very nice right about now...
    *sigh*

    News is on now- They have stated that many of the county plows will begin at midnight- Guess it's the city plows that Casey said were out earlier.
    I have yet to hear one scrape by here.
    They also said that there have been more than a few accidents already. (Gee, ya think)?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I sit here at this moment it is 57 degrees, breezy. They are calling for rain over night and clearing,windy and cooler tomorrow..high around 55.. Monday will be chillier. What ya'll are getting..minus the snow will filter down this way.
    hmmmm...maybe I should go visit my Aunt ..she lives down towards Ft Myers,FL...lol
    I do not like cold weather...it doesn't like me.
    Stay warm! Sounds like soup and hot chocolate weather to me..
    xoxo me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come here now Sweet Denise. Bring your weather please?
    57 degrees would make this snowfall very short lived!
    I am now pea green with envy. (Lester really is too hot for me).

    Oh. That didn't sound right... ? hehehe

    They said our wind chills will be in the teens below zero come Sunday or Monday night.
    Glad the water pit is covered and the hen warmer light is plugged in and turned on.

    Funny that you said that about the soup. You do know me well!
    I had BIG bowl of split pea earlier for lunch! Mmmmm With a couple slices of cheese- (marble jack) thrown on for good measure.

    Hot cocoa? I love it after a morning of shoveling. (It doesn't go good with my darn head though). But after shoveling, I'll sleep it all off! hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. ‎Weather disclaimer

    *Actual snowfall may vary according to your specific geographic locale, no warrantee is made as to the actual conditions you may face and NOAA/NWS accept no responsibility for the information contained in this forecast.

    Information on this Weather Service is only intended as general summary information that is made available to the public. It is not intended to provide specific weather or to take the place of either the actual weather or acts of god.

    Information resources are designed to help users better understand the meteorology system, weather research and forecast effectiveness, and their own observations of conditions. Individuals are urged to consult with qualified meteorologists for forecasts and weather predictions and for answers to personal weather questions.
    Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the forecasts and resources provided by this Weather Service. However, the NOAA/NWS makes no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding errors or omissions and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for loss or damage resulting from the use of information contained within.

    NOAA/NWS cannot endorse, or appear to endorse, derivative or excerpted materials, and it cannot be held liable for the content or use of adapted products that are incorporated on other forecasts. Any adaptations of these electronic documents and resources must include a disclaimer to this effect. Advertising or implied endorsement for any commercial products or services is strictly prohibited.

    This forecast may contain nuts.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Only in the jungle...

    I see I am going to have to post a few more pics for you to *believe*

    XOXO
    Me


    ReplyDelete
  14. Come to KY Sissy. We have no snow right now and when "a big snow" comes it's at the most 6 inches. LOL. Temps stay fairly moderate through the year also.

    While I was in IN last week, I saw a Packers fan in Liberty IN. Thought of you. HUGS

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the snow didnt turn into a blizzard, we warmed up this week .. but are back to freezing now with the threat of more snow again this week!!

    Keep warm and hugs to Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL..... I threw that in there to see who actually read the whole thing.


    ReplyDelete

  17. My weather radio went off Saturday afternoon telling us that it was a blizzard.

    Blizzard conditions remained through yesterday evening.
    Today is clean up.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  18. Warm is relative...
    It is currently 6 above zero (Fahrenheit).
    Wind chills are in the teens below zero (F).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete