[My] Life in Wisconsin

Asking for a HUGE Favor (Pretty Please)?

***Private Entry***



Hi Everyone;

I am back online; having had issues with Yahoo. (Will try to explain THAT fiasco in a new blog).

However, this one blog is for Casey-  Or not, as the case may be... hehehe
Please don't tell her.

Casey will be having her transthoracic vagotomy next week Tuesday.
We leave, (dependent on the weather), either Wednesday or Thursday. (Yikes, that might be tomorrow already)!

Casey has 2 appointments, pre~surgical; one on Thursday and one on Friday. We will stay the weekend, given that neither of us are up for 3 trips.


Anyhow, a little birdie told me that Casey and Greg received all of 2 Christmas cards.
I know many of you do not send cards- I sent relatively few of my own this year. (Thus, I am also guilty of not sending them one, and will take up my own advice shortly).
hehehe

I am wondering if you would please send her a card? Either a surgery, a get well- or even a  birthday card?  (Casey will turn 24 on the 26th).
I have no idea how long she will be in the hospital, so if you could do this before next Tuesday, that may be best. Just please don't send it out today already, (or it might get there before we do).


As always we will be staying at Days Inn...

CaseyAnne L. DeGrave
c/o Days Inn
2407 University Av Se,
Minneapolis, MN 55414


I think this would be very very cool for her. What do you think?

Love to all-  (More soon, I hope).

XOXO
Me


PS
If you are wondering about her surgery...  Here is the email I got from her.


Hi Mommy!

When I searched for "transthoracic vagotomy" all I got were clippings of parts of medical journals, and couldn't understand those... However, I searched for vagotomy and it brought up a bunch of info on it. It's actually something I've heard of before, where they cut the nerve to the stomach that is in charge of telling the stomach to produce ulcers. Since most ulcers are caused by the H. Pylori bacteria, not a lot of these surgeries are done anymore as they respond to the antibiotics and the ulcer is gone... But it is done in cases like mine, when patients don't respond to medical therapy...

Here are {some of} the links I found:

Wikipedia on Vagotomy

Definition and other info on Medical Dictionary
          http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/vagotomy

And Vagotomy on Surgery Encyclopedia


Love you MUCH MUCH!
~CaseyAnne


We will know much, much, more by the end of Friday. hehehe



20 comments:

  1. Good luck Casey. I will try to get a card in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sweet Becca;
    (You are missed you know).

    Anyway, If you don't have a card, just use the kids' notebook paper. Such a Silly Girl you are not to have thought of that.
    Anything to let Casey know you are thinking of her is all.
    She is like me that way- and sometimes the very best ones are homemade you know.

    How about just scribble?
    hehehe
    Have the kids do it!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be going to the store shortly, I'll pick a card up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...got a card and it's ready to go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can get to a store where they have cards I'll get her something. Otherwise, the kids crayons may be all I can muster up. I would make her a card from my greeting card disc but....last month when I got my ink refills from walgreens the colored ink didn't absorb very well into the cartridges and everything prints out kinda ghostly and faded like. Unless, of course, she doesn't mind a card in "black and white."

    ReplyDelete
  6. dangitallanyway! I TOLD YOU she is still USING THAT~!
    *clicks link*

    Oh. That. Never mind. Carry on!

    Card to be sent.... I had something I was saving to send anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Print it in B/W and color it with the crayons....improvise, adapt, overcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got mine written and addressed. I need to buy a stamp, but that won't take long.

    My handwriting is terrible. I hope she can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, when is this poor girl going to be completely done with having to have surgeries!? :(

    I will try to send her a card, but I can't make any promises. It is a wonderful idea Mom. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card on its way! We haven't done our Christmas cards either! They are hopefully going out as January letters. Life is so active with eight kids and all, I haven't really had much time to sit long enough to tell anyone about all that is going on! But, card is written and going out to Casey!!!! Hope this surgery finally gives her some long lasting relief!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!
    Thank you everyone!!!

    Casey is trying to be upbeat about this all, but I see her being more 'down' every now and then.
    I think it weighs heavy on her mind to always challenge her next birthday. Sheesh, when I was 24, I had 3 babies already, was divorced, and only worried about whether or not I might have a date with Donnie that night/weekend... (Oh, we were so much in LOVE)! hehehe
    Thankfully, Casey is in love too. ;-) That always helps! Thank God for Greg.

    Her counts are low still, and the doctor has told her that they might even do an infusion before, or perhaps a transfusion.

    As for me, I have slept on/off/on/off for the past 12 hours. My head is still killing me. As is my back.
    Tuesday "the light bulb" went off in my head about how bad my back has been, and I called my GP and made a nurse only appointment. I went in yesterday morning, and I was right.
    I have a terrible kidney infection. The nurse even had to bring the results to the doctor because my wbc was so high, and my urine was off the charts.
    I am now on Bactrim. ugh. As you well know, I do not take antibiotics, but in this case I will make an exception. Am wondering now if Bactrim is responsible for setting off this migraine?
    I am thinking that between my head and my back (and the new snow), that today might just be the longest trip I have ever made to Minnesota. I will us the doggie~poo~bags for barf if need be.
    God help me, as I can't be too drugged up as I drive across state.

    I also had to get a tetanus shot. (Did you know that you have to sign papers for that now)? My last one was in '94 or '96.
    All this because I *sewed* through my left index finger, (my machine stopping when it hit bone).
    But it was a clean needle mark too-
    Maybe the TdaP vaccine is responsible for this migraine as well?
    Maybe I'm just very very unlucky.

    Casey's appointment today is at 2. We will leave here in a couple of hours, just to be on the safe side.
    I can always drop her off there, and get the room myself so Punk has a warm place to rest while we are at there.
    She is still asleep- Punk went up with her, and now she is sleeping on the couch, her head poking up every time I move, just in case I decide to feed her breakfast early. (Punk always knows something is up because her *bag* is out, ready to be packed), hehehe

    Life, and all else goes on. I thank you all, all over again, and look forward to all of your cards. (Gee, this is so much like Christmas again)!

    Hope all is well with all of you. Thank you. THANK you. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I'll send a card. I'll be sending prayers too.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  13. punk was on KEY alert....


    waiting for the hand to move toward the car keys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne....I finally have a "feel better" card ready but it won't go out until Wednesday. Should I send it to your house instead? I am afraid you guys will be back home before the card gets to where you are staying at the Days Inn. Will they forward it to you? Should I re-address it? I am afraid with all the snow and ice around those areas, it will end up getting there a bit late.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe
    You can send it either place- I am sure the hotel will forward it.

    Then again, since Greg needs to be out of town this weekend, Casey will be staying with me until he returns, so you could send it to my house too. If we leave early, it will be in Casey's hand fastest if you send it to my home.

    There. All better.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  16. Will blog soon (I hope), and catch everyone up...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope everything went well.

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks me lady! Will send both cards to your house. Will put them in the same envelope and it will be awaiting your safe arrival home.

    ReplyDelete