[My] Life in Wisconsin

Ketch~upping... Pre- Snowstorm Francesca-


Monday Morning. Now...

Sure has been a long time since I have blogged about anything even remotely "Flintville" hehehe
Didja miss me?


The Channel 11 picture  to the right was actually taken about 2 or 3 weeks ago already-




Do you remember Casey having that horrible allergic reaction to the meds they gave her in Minnesota last January?


Full Body Hives- Ankles missing.???????Caset reacts to Ferrilcet
"Anaphylaxis" I think they'd called it...



I even had a little allergy of my own
I've been feeling pretty rough too, even without my fractures, and the rest of it.

Now, toss in a little something that I'm allergic to too; and I've got Casey beat!



Left calf, ankle and foot- Allergy- water retention.
By a longshot!
Pretty damned gross, eh?


Nice temps earlier in the month and this beautiful weather gave me a chance to even 'wander' a bit outside -
Picture this: Me out there, with the camera around my neck- and of course, those two canes.  Quite a funny juggling act- (And I can't even juggle). 
hehehe

Not to mention that Punk kept bringing me her Frisbee- time and time again. oh- Oh! OH!
She was thrilled for those few days of respite from the cold! As was I.
hehehe

There is even a wee bit of green showing up...
 ... It always amazes me- especially after a long Winter-


Survival of the fittest!
A little snow left- and a little bit of "life" too.



Chives 2011  hehehe
More life here! These will be this years and next winters chives!
(Hey, "I" see green, even if you don't)!  hehehe


I have a silly question for anyone that might know-
(God knows I surely don't).

Rocks, as gravel

Why does gravel always appear to be tinted 'blue-ish' after Winter?




I also found a few 'candies' laying around in the grass-

M $ M's
It's all those brown M & M's that I refuse to eat.
  ~Punk seems tothem though!!   hehehe


She even had to sniff all over to find more...

Checking out the lawns
... and very begrudgingly came back to me after I'd called her-


Then, from somewhere the snowplow had left it, she magically found her Frisbee!

Frisbee, FUN, Finally!

I threw it more than a few times !
(In the meantime she ran a mile or so)!

But then... "O0pS"

Frisbee stuck
And that was it for that Frisbee-
Odd, but once it's near to her poo-poo piles, I seem to lose interest in it. hehehe

Darn fine thing Casey had just brought her a new one-

LOVE my new one!
   hehehe



We had to walk almost to J & J's driveway to find snowbanks for her to play on-

-and in.



"Peek~a~boo!" Punk
!!!hehehe!!!  ...."BUSTED!"
 ~ She HAD been "hiding" on me...


Then off she went, to look for a few lost/forgotten squash...
No luck with that-
(What I didn't freeze, the deer got a long time ago).


Punk "Ice cream headache"
But plenty of snow left there for an ice cream headache -


Would Sputty come outside with us?   He did- finally.
See, it's ONLY on HIS terms.

Once out, then he does not want to come back in.
When he does this, I let him sit.
Or hunt- or go poo in the fields- (or whatever it is that cats do outside)-

Like sitting in the sun I suppose...

Sputtys favorite sunshine place

OR...

Sput- Struttin'.........Sput, watching for something
    He checks all around the house-  ..............Then sits in the blue gravel


If he refuses, still, to come in with us, he has to wait until Punk gets fed her supper- (She always has to go potty and poo first).

Then, even after all that waiting, that cat still follows her around, and ONLY comes in when she does.
(This, no matter how high/low the temperature is/not).



"Sheesh! Are you coming? Or what?!? ~MO-O-O-O-O-M!, Hurry UP! - Cuz it's way past the time for me to eat, and I'm just 'STARVING'" !!!  (Yeah right Punk, I can tell).
OK OK-
Then, It's FINALLY time for supper... hehehe




Sputty hiding-
I took this shot a LONG time ago-
Still one of my favorites though.

Sput has taken to moving the heat register cover so that it doesn't blow on me when I am sewing. He adjusts it so it blows on him in his box!!!! Grrr...
And that, my friends, is the definition of "cattitude".


I have been having horrid days/weeks with my back.
The last 2 shots I received did nothing to help.
The h/a last night and this morning added nothing either.

While searching around the net, I found THIS picture- It is the same as MY own brace; which needs replacing.
But I'll be damned if I'm shelling out $780.00 for it




My brace SpinoMed
I found one on eBay though.
hehehe


Tonight though. -When I do go to sleep. I shall sleep in the utmost of comfort!


My new pillow. Thank you Casey!!
Thank you Casey-So very, very much!

Not only for this beautiful pillow, but for EVERYTHING you have done, and continue to do for me.


Tonight, she drove ALL the way out here just to feed Punkin her supper.

She knew I hadn't slept a wink last night, & so I wouldn't have to wake up...

(I did anyway).  And it was a darned good thing I did.  Casey had to help me out of my own darn bed! 
Oh well. There are always worse things.

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.
Been trying to keep up with everyone's news and all- I have found that to be a most impossible thing to do!
I shall keep trying though...
My love to all!

XOXO
Me

PS:
Tomorrow (maybe)...
The entry about Snowstorm Francesca.  Here's the link-
Tomorrow the pictures.   hehehe

15 comments:

  1. My Dear Sweet Sister,

    As usual, the Punk and Sputty pictures are priceless. They are both such beautiful children.
    I have NO explanation for the blue gravel. Maybe it looks bluish until it is sun bleached?
    Casey is a gem and takes as good care of her Mommy as Mommy did of her. So nice when things work out that way.
    So very sorry that the back and head are working in concert to make you miserable.

    All my love and big hugs Sweet Sister.

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden Eyes? Ah my Tim, a British Blue passed away one year ago.

    Grey now Blue stones?
    Kodak 30% Grey Card, buy one.
    Now watch it change blue with a Colour Temperature Drop.
    And??
    The colour you see is that part of the spectrum not absorbed.
    A thin layer of algae, invisible to you, could also be a cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures Anna, though I have to admit that the one for your own allergic reaction isn't showing, probably a good thing? sorry you are still not feeling well, but you really do have a gem of a daughter who loves you very much as daughters should love their mom. {{hugs}} I saw that you all got blasted with more snow sorry about that, but I was very thankful we got barely a trace. Spring is way overdue as far as I am concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad ya'll made it out of the house..if only for a little bit. Fresh air always helps. I know ya'll will be proud when the snows come to an end this winter. Been a bit stormy around us ..but so far(knock wood) we haven't had any of the hail and bad stuff..of course no rain here either..and we desprately need that to help wash away some more of this pollen.
    I have finally broke down and purchased a new camera...for the one that grew legs and walked off the weekend of Drew's passing. Not exactly the one I wanted but it will do till save for the one I do want.
    Glad Casey is getting to come out and help you..I hope she is not having any new issues. Your other
    4 legged children are so cute..lol I almost want to get a pet..but then I'd be the only one to take care of it ..so..unless its a pet rock..I'm not interested at this time..lol
    Let me know how you like the Sobakowa pillow. I've been looking at time and wondering how it sleeps.
    Hope you are getting some rest/sleep. Take care and we look forward to your next check in..
    xoxo me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Snotball Sister of Mine;
    I shall be keeping both the Punkster AND the SputMeister--- for now anyway.
    hehehe
    They ARE kinda cute, aren't they?

    I believe your reply about the gravel is a very good one. Why your logic always fails me somehow leaves me more than a little pitiful.
    Now please tell me there are worse things? hehehe

    I believe that Casey gets more than wee bit upset with me, and I am wholeheartedly sorry for that. (She SHOULD be getting paid for his all)...
    As I type, she has gone down to the end of the driveway; which is filled with snow from the County plows through again after my personal snowplow man got here (Post Francesca).
    Casey is MORE than a gem to me. You have no idea. She is worth quadruple (x 1.000.000) her weight in gold.

    My head is better- My back is worse.
    Is that supposed to equal out somehow/somewhere?
    (Not! Yet, in my personal gratitude book it sorta does both)... go figure...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  6. Mr. Bill;
    They really ARE golden! And I had ever noticed before- or perhaps I did, and never gave them a second thought (Oh the things we seemingly take for granted in our lives- What a shame)!
    Shame on me for that...

    You bring up such interesting thoughts...
    Would algae really grow under the snow??? And especially when I am fully ⅓ mile from the river to begin with?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete


  7. Sweet Pea
    Oh where has my Sweet Pea gone?
    Have I done something, said something, overlooked something, or missed something important, that has hurt you somehow?
    Know that I never ever would mean to do such a thing...

    So hey- - - Anyway, my reply?  "Thanks" 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Suzy Q.
    Sorry about the picture- (Now that I read your reply I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have 'fixed' it?
    hehehe (Sorry 'bout that too).

    My youngest daughter sure is the bestest EVER!
    My #'s 1 and 2 are thick as thieves, and have decided they hate me-
    And my # 3 just got out of jail- again. (Guess she finally ran out of 'get out of jail free' cards).
    Too bad, so sad. And yes ma'am she was raised MUCH better than that. She was also raised to accept resposibility. She hasn't- I see on her facebook now she is blaming her sire for her addictions... She is 30- Old enough to know better- and old enough for me to realize that her choices were never my own- or of my doing.
    It's a "Let go and Let God" thing as they say. If I do not, I'll simply go crazy with worry.

    Life goes on...

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    Right you are that Spring is sorely overdue. I keep telling myself with each new 7~day forecast that they will KEEP saying the "F" word.
    40. 50. Either one...

    Best for sleeping when the same "F" word is the LOW for the day. (40. 50. Either one)... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Denise;

    Oh Oh OH OH OH OH!
    I am so happy you finally bought a new camera! I am proud of you- Now just for the heck of it run down to Radio shack and get a GPS for it, (unless it already has one- most of the new cameras do). Just make sure it's the kind that doesn't only 'GPS' the pictures you take- You want to be able to find it should it ever "grow legs" again!!! (That would fix them but good)! hehehe

    I want RAIN!
    And now that it's April it's high time we got some, wouldn't you agree?
    April showers bring May Flowers. Mayflowers bring Pilgrims.
    (Just what we need)... hehehe

    No pollen 'round these parts (yet). Though it'll get here plenty soon enough...
    This, and Fall- The "Kleenex time of the year" hehehe

    Many many moons ago I had bought the original SOBOKAWA.
    Now THAT is the greatest pillow ever to have been made.
    This one is not made from the corn- (or whatever they made the original ones out of). But it sleeps very very nicely; and doesn't make the noises the other one does either. it's a toss-p now which one I love the best...
    But heck yeah, I do LOVE IT! Even moreso that it was such a grand gift!

    I do get outside- almost every day- The days I cannot are THE MOST depressing of all... Again, the things we take for granted... I just ALWAYS took THAT for granted; being the tomboy I always was-
    (And STILL am at heart, and all over my soul and spirit too)...

    Glad to hear you did miss me, (and that I am still capable of giving someone something 'to look forward to' also)!
    - Thanks for that- I needed it. tonight.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS to all;
    t's not that I can't spell- uually.
    It's that my Santa keybord is doing some really funky shit
    Betwen that, and mt sleepy hands- of which 20% are completely numb...
    Well hopefylly y'all get te picture. hehehe

    (Thought I would leave this reply as it types it- So you can see what Im up againt.

    XOXO
    |
    me

    Also, just wnother little note- I spent a long while last night arguing with an ER doctor that wanted me admiitted.
    I had a doctor appointment today- and now 2 others scheduled for Moday.


    So I see a lot of red underlines up there-
    Maybe I'll change keybpars and ge s blog going tomoroo=

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodnight Sis, hug, hug,hug. Better??

    oxox,
    snotball

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tim's sister Tess is still alive @ 18 and looks identical to your cat,
    Algae? I think your Caribou or Elks scrub it from under the snow to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  13. no, no, nope, and no.


    I have been bubonically plagued, fatherly challenged, and FAR too busy at work.....



    But I came here to see where the heck you were.... so we are even.

    ReplyDelete