[My] Life in Wisconsin

404 error; and; Oh much more-




Hope your Easter was a Hoppy one...



Hi All;
Hope your Easter holiday was 'wunnaful'.
Those of us in Wisconsin- (and probably other states as well), know all too well that this 'program' does not work.


The program is simply called "SPRING"
>You locate the folder (stored somewhere since time immemorial); and check off your personal options.
>You select "Install"... (or "Run").

And THIS is what you get...





INSTALLING "SPRING" ...




███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  44% DONE.


... "

Install delayed....please wait.

Please try again...

404 error: Season file not found.

Season file "Spring" cannot be located.
The season file you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.


You repeat ALL steps above...

INSTALLATION FAILED.
P
lease wait.

Please try again...


Please try again...
 

Please try again...
_________________________________________________




Finally you give up.   You have to... or go crazy waiting.
hehehe-
(and
Thank You, Duane).


Wait-  "Go crazy waiting"??? 


This is what our first week of "Spring" looked like...


Snowstorm Gabriel

The ONLY cute thing about it was that it was called "Snowstorm Gabe"
(Sassy Gabriel)! hehehe
Mr. Snowstorm Gabriel broke all weather records for April for Green Bay.
(I believe those records date back to the 1880's or so).


Now about the "Give up" part...
 
That would be much unlike 'Life in Flintville'. 
(Go ahead, reread previous 1177 entries if you really need verification of that)....
I'll wait. (Really I will).
I will say in advance that I have threatened to many times, but you all would not allow it. (Thank you).


Neither did Greg and Casey ever 'give up' last week-
-after my day of 3 separate hospital appointments,
that I'd come home to this - - - - -



What I came home to
As you can tell by all the reflections in the picture, my basement is flooded.
I assure you that I do not wax the concrete in full or in part.

As you can also tell, I tried plunging it down the teeny tiny drain that I'd fashioned out of the old big one that had once upon a time held a sump pump.  (Belatedly, my fractured back told me that I should not have done that).
Not even those 2 times that did; and had no bubbles, no gurgle, no nothing, happen.
Hmmm  ~on 2nd thought maybe I should have left that old sump pump in... hehehe




Now, these are what Officer Randy would call... 
... "EVIDENCE!"

Boot tracks in basement
 hehehe


Once again, with thanks not only to Greg and Casey, but to Mr. Tim and Ms. Kelli too;
who borrowed out their own sump pump for us to use in the meanwhile.


After the water was all gone, the heat was turned on high, as was the fan-
It dried quickly, thank the powers that be...
The drain had to be covered/plugged.
Simply because THIS is where the damned water was coming from!
(And that is NOT how drains are s'posed'ta work)...

"Work"?    (Unfortunately, around here, that'd have to be Greg's forte)-
I heard a few cuss thoughts that emitted as mumbles from this lovely young man.
I asked if I could help with anything.
He asked to be left alone.
* Now that reminded me SO much of my dad when he was concentrating on something; ...
...(So, 'left alone' Greg was too)! hehehe


Greg and Casey working on the sump pit



Drain filled



Pit drained; covered w/new cement

Looks very nice, all capped off! AND, we all slept quite well that night!

Good work Greg! 
(And to Thank You SO much TOO)!



Then came Friday-
OR- "Good" Friday as it is for Christians all over the globe...




This next picture was taken that very next morning.
"Good" Friday, remember?

coming through the cracks now
Ruh-roh... (And, ixnay the "good" factor please).

The water that had been waiting to fill up my basement swimming pool via the teeny weenie drain, was NOW coming up through every single seam in the poured cement flooring.


By noon, we had THIS to contend with-


Backed up again-


It is still a work in progress. But I assure you all that MUCH progress has already been made.

There is a new sump pump down there, very crudely installed as of yet- but it works, and THAT is the most important thing at this point in time.


As for my back, I am thinking that I will opt for an implanted pain device that delivers morphine (or whatever), 24/7, to my spinal column. This eliminates much of the need to be taking all these effing pills all the time.
Hopefully it will also eliminate the need for my shower chair, and maybe I will be able to even do some other stuff?

Admittedly, I do not know enough about it yet, but you can bet that I will find out! hehehe

The device itself is the size of a hockey puck and would be surgically implanted at the top of my butt cheek.  (Hmmm.... Now THAT should take some getting used to)!
Makes me wonder too, why they don't make it in the shape of a hand that would also deliver a little pinch every now and then?! hehehe  
(Hey, I might be a bit disabled, but I ain't dead)!

Hope all is well with everyone, and that I might leave you with a smile on your face?

My love to all !

XOXO
Me

PS
Happy 50th Birthday to my Sweet Sister "Snotball"!
(Be happy it's your birthday in human years-
 - Because in doggie years you'd be dead)!    
HAHAHA!!!!    (Love ya)!     

  

23 comments:

  1. That does not look good! Our basement in Air Force housing used to flood because they didn't bother to seal the cinder block walls when they built the housing and then expected US to pay to have it done. Call IT and see if they can run a virus scan on Spring, that may be causing the failure to load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bad week. Sorry! We have spring to the extreme here. tornado warnings everyday. You can have it. come get it! haha Hope you get the basement fixed. All I know about those pumps is how easy it is to become addicted to morphine using them. Once you have this done you may be on it for the rest of your life. Also overdose is easily done. be careful and as you have learned form experience get a DR who knows what they are talking about. If they never did it before RUN away even with a bad back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is a picture of your soon to be implanted hockey puck.. nice...!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whoopee_cushion

    ReplyDelete
  4. rotflmao you are too funny hon, even with all that bad stuff happening you can still laugh. God love you!! I know I do.
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. jeez freeze that basement and rent it out to a hockey team ! lol what luck ..that first pic has first prize wrtten all over it .Great shot . The weather here is crazy too summer spring winter all taking turns with rain record heat and cold making everyone sick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, as you saw on my blog, Good Friday wasn't so good for us in St. Louis. God bless hon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea you two were friends. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, morphine in an implanted device sounds like too much - be very careful! good luck with the basement, that has to really suck. I hope your stuff is on shelves and pallets to keep dry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. rut roh......


    I never suspected that you would get implants.......damn. I would have given you mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Donna;
    You are hilarious... as I am still waiting for Spring.
    Highs today ONLY in the darn 40's, but I'll take that over your t-storms and tornadoes any day of the year...

    I expect me to pay for this mess- Thing is my timer isn't working for the sump pump- and I have to go back there all the time. (Grrr... My back no like that).

    Damn damn and damn...
    That's what I get for living midway down the hill.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Becca;
    You have that awful weather too!
    I really SHOULD stop complaining about my basement...
    I mean people are literally DYING from these storms, and here I am "p and m" 'ing about a wet basement.

    As far as the morphine goes- Sweetie, my back will never get better. So I am assuming that THAT means I shall always be in pain- some verts more than others.
    I have been on Kadian for over 2 years now, so whatever brand they use won't make a difference, will it?
    Kadian is just timed released morphine.
    And at this point I really don't give a shit if I'm an addict for the rest of my life. I am incurable AND inoperable. so already I will be on something for the rest of my life.

    I think you were gone when I posted the 'To all addicts" blogs. (Just to have people understand what NOT to do to their own kids and to others they love). I will find it [them] for you after I post this-

    I don't know enough about the pump yet, but I think it runs at a predetermined rate- That way, taking pills would be easier to overdose on. But like I said, I don't know. It is all under my skin, so I can't mess with it once it is in. I think.

    I go to Pain Management. They are the biggest and best outfit in Wisconsin, and I have the founder as MY own doctor. I hope he knows what he's doing. hehehe

    I promise to be very careful and learn all I can before anyone cuts into my backside and strings anything up my back.

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sweet Pamela;
    I try- in between tears that is.
    I really have turned into a big old crybaby some days... When my pain is so effing overwhelming, and there is this intense desire inside just to give up.
    I think I know now why God made Casey sick- So I could get my strength those days from all she has gone through.
    She keeps me sane always. Just like you do by being here.
    (And that goes for ALL of my friends too).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the compliment on the picture! hehehe (And the only reason it is like that is because I couldn't get down the steps right then). hehehe

    I hope you are well, and stay that way now too.

    Now watch- in a few weeks we will all be complaining about it being too hot

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  14. ...And I just KEEP seeing how bad you all got it, and keep getting it.

    Blessings to you too-
    Be safe my friend- (Or just come up here and dig that hole a wee bit deeper for us)?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  15. You should be around ALL the time. And not go away and make us miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Suzy;
    I don't know if the doctors know how else to keep me from suffering so badly. It's a last chance type thing.

    I do have most everything on pallets anyway- Learned my lesson about that a LONG time ago...
    Long story that, but I have never set anything valuable, ever, down on the basement floor anywhere ever again.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  17. Sweet Pea;
    Silly woman- You would fall over backwards without those!
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Mama Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Sister Anne,

    I think your chicken is confused in the first picture. She has rocks in her innards, LOL.
    The wet basement is no good. Glad you're figuring out how to dry it out but sorry that the back paid for the figuring.
    Greg and Casey are lifesavers in more ways than one. I am so very happy that you have them. The strength you receive from Casey is fed to Casey and then returned, a wonderfilled never ending circle of strength and love.
    I knew you didn't forget my hatching day. I also knew you haven't been well. It pleases me no end that you thought enough of me to include me in your "ramblings".

    I am SO blessed to call you Sister.

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotball

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna sorry you are having such bad weather and that flooded basement mate I remember it happening last year as well mate( you don't need that do you ) the photos looks so cold and that's no good for you is it. At least Greg is there to help out a bit, that implanted pain device that delivers morphine sound just great although personally I think breaking in to a Hospital supply warehouse and taking all the Penthrane Whistles sounds like a much more fun idea ;-) so my advice is paint some tyre prints over your tummy, phone 911 and lay on the road till they come and say Oh the pain, Oh the pain, I'd say do it once a day and your pain should be fixed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a friend up in North Dakota who shares your opinion about the snow that has worn out its welcome.

    When you finish construction on that basement pool, are ya gonna invite me to the pool party? I can't swim, so be sure to have plenty of "floaties" for me.

    I hear ya on that back pain! I wonder at times if 2 or 3 "laced brownies" would remedy my pains for a while. I've never had any of that special ingredient, but constant back pain makes you more than willing to give anything a try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OYE!!!!!

    I mean, HI MOMMY!!!!

    That water issue was quite the bugger for us all... Was happy to see the basement yesterday, but will let you share the new news with everyone! And the pictures... I think I got more on your camera than on mine anyway... I'll hopefully be able to download my own pictures of our weekend adventures onto here this week, getting them all downloaded and such....

    Anywho, that Sassy Gabe sure did leave us with QUITE the dumping of snow!!! Oh it was awful... And I worried so with having to wait until you called to let me know you made it home... Glad you made it there safely though...

    And to think, this Wednesday is supposed to be 60 degrees!!! YAY!!! Party time!

    That picture you have of the dumping that Snowstorm Gabriel left behind is DEFINITELY worth first prize in many contests, and would get top spot for a photo of WI calendar pictures!!!

    Hmmm, Peachie has a good idea with the hash brownies.... I wonder if they would help you?? Hmm..... Too bad medical marijuana hasn't been approved yet in WI.... You could get a script for it and just head to the stores and pick up a couple for yourself!!

    The pain pump should help you out a great deal. Becky is thinking that it will greatly improve your day-to-day functioning so hopefully it will work out that way!!

    Okay, off to snack a bit on some lunch now, hopefully my stomach will cooperate with me on that issue!

    Love you MUCH MUCH!!!
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete