[My] Life in Wisconsin

A Rough Few Weeks-


Hi All;
I am just soooooo tired.
You know me. I get migraines, and have broken an untold # of vertebrae. Rarely do I get truly "sick". (Yeah well, so much for that record).  
I am not sure what kind of bug I have picked up, but it has been unrelenting this week... Fever- chills, 100 times over- and back again. I do believe that with all the barfing I have done my back will never ever feel better or heal properly. celebrity fashion gallery

About the only thing that stays down is the Zofran- (and that melts under my tongue for Gods sake).  When I asked for a refill on the Zofran, I told the gal at the dr.s office that if I felt no better by today I will be making an appointment to come in. I will sleep some more and see how I feel when/(if?) I wake.

Past myself... Casey's surgery is scheduled for the 19th. I swear to God that i would have her out her to take care of me, or even to help me out if she wasn't in so much pain herself. (She is also on antibiotics for infection).
Additionally, she is one Lantus once more- as her blood sugars have been soaring...

Besides wanting my mom back to take care of me for a few days, (yes, really), I received news of a childhood/teenage friend of ours (neighbor kids n me). Scott passed away on Wednesday, very unexpectedly.
Scott's a doctor- His wife found him on the couch, passed, apparently of a heart attack.

It is a godawful awakening that people I know and care for, (and my age) are dying unexpectedly.

It is just so wrong. And very sad too.
Hard to be adjusting, esp. given the fact that many of us, (me included), are just now accepting and still adjusting to the fact that we are the mom/dad generation, since our parents have gone and the generational torch has been handed to us.

The news, when Koreen had called on Wednesday afternoon- Odd though,  given the content of the phone call, it was still nice to hear her voice. I ran into her a while back at Wally World, introducing her to Brad (my grandson Isaiah's father). She lives quite near to Casey and Greg. I will make a note to stop one day if I do not see her on Saturday. (If I am up to going that is).

My sister Barbara wrote and will be up in Sault Ste Marie- Wish I could go and see her, but only in my dreams.

Another of my sisters has just been diagnosed with COPD.  She has never ever smoked!

Life is not fair.

My title above does not give this entry the justice it deserves.
This has been sheer hell all the way around.

Time for me now to lie down and try to sleep once more. I guess you could say I lied earlier, not that I meant to, but clearly my Zofran is NOT working.
 
Maybe later to call the doctor. This really is quite awful.

More importantly, please keep Casey and my sister in your thoughts...

XOXO
me

PS
Gritter~Baby!!!
Your deer called.
They would like you to come and get their apples when you can... While the pears are dimpled and weird this year, I told them there were lots of Macintosh, and they are very pleased and excited. hehehe
Love you guys!


16 comments:

  1. Best wishes for Casey. Get well yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that things could be a LOT better. Sending you all good thoughts and the best of hopes, and pray that you get some quality sleep! (Lack of sleep is the worst.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Annie -- you, Casey and your sister are in my thoughts. Wishing the best for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon. Those around you are used to you being strong. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh Annne sweetheart....I am so sorry that you are feeling so poorly. I sure will be praying for you,
    Casey and your sister. We have lost so many of our friends in the last year. The last funeral I went to 2
    weeks ago was was my Rachelle's ex boyfriend. He was 49 years old and had colon cancer. He suffered terribly and she was truly a mess. They had lived together for ten years but they remained friends ever since. Seems like they are getting younger all the time. I sure hope you will be feeling well very soon. What kind of surgery is Casey getting?? May the Lord wrap her in his healing arms and make it all better.

    Love & blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon Anne!

    You, Casey and your sister are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your lot Anna, you have a lot to deal with mate.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get to feeling better soon. There is something going around here that is making people feel like crap for a couple weeks..and then it lingers because it takes forever to feel better again. Hate this time of year when all the seasonal allergies and illnesses start. Definitely go see the Dr if you aren't feeling better by Monday.
    Hate to hear Casey is having surgery again. Praying all goes well ..and as always this be the last one she ever has to have.
    Will keep you and your family in our prayers.
    hugs me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All;
    I did call the doctor on Friday- And went in for 1:15- Sheesh, if I wasn't dehydrated before the phlebotimist drained my blood I sure was afterward. hehehe
    Miss Kelli brought me some canned chicken soups too. I have kept them down- yesterday night neighbor Jim showed up with more soups too.
    Breakfast, lunch and supper are a mite boring this way- but sure better than nothing too.

    My dr. called me back on Saturday morning. (I have never heard of such a thing in my life)!!! Needless to say, to hear her voice scared the living hell out of me.
    My electrolytes were good, so always that is a good thing. I told her to go ahead and set up that CT Scan that I was not interested in before. Just that it can't interfere with ANY of Casey's stuff.

    Daughter Jenn called me yesterday too.
    A lively conversation as she had told Isaiah that my name was "John Jacob JingleHeimer Schmitt"
    I told Isaiah it was, but that he could call me Grandma Anne too. hehehe
    I still haven't seen (MET) my little Wyatt... *sigh* One day I hope.

    Enough for now. -Maybe a shower, then some breakfast...
    ugh, but if it stays down it's at least 'food' too.

    XOXO (to all who are still on here and who have replied).
    Me

    PS
    I swear that when this is over I am going to have the thickest, fattest and bloodiest steak I have ever eaten in my life. And a huge bakers potato with heaps of sour cream and real butter on it too.
    (Maybe I shall even have some dessert)! hehehe
    Like they say, I might even eat my dessert first.


    Bye for now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Anne,

    I am so sorry for you about your friend. It is SUCH a shock when they leave us so unexpectedly. I lost a dear friend in Feb that way. I pray Koreen is holding up well.

    More surgery for Casey just doesn't seem fair. She's been through SO much and now, hopefully, this will be her last.

    The back and barfing, sucks. I know how I hate to retch and it must be SO much worse for you. As always, I wish there were something I could do. Hugs help the heart but not much more.

    SO VERY sorry I didn't get you called back the other night. I got home MUCH later than I thought I would and had to feed Rick and then things just snowballed and before I realized it, it was much too late to try to call. PLEASE accept my most humble apologies.

    Thursday we went and signed for the mobile home. Now we're praying for to not rain anymore so we can get it leveled Monday and set Tuesday. Then comes utilities and moving all this junk. The owls you sent me will go on the wall in my new sewing room so I can remember my Sweet Sister every time I see them.

    I do wish there were some way for you to see Master Wyatt. I know from personal experience how hard it is not to see them.

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotballsister

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥ ♥ ♥ wishes from my heart. For you, Casey, & your sister who has COPD. That's what I was diagnosed with when admitted to hospital in January. I hope she understands it fully, & how it can damage your heart as well. Now that cussing won't upset Smilja, I do a lot of it at the 50 foot oxygen line. I swear it reaches up behind me & grabs knobs on cabinet doors, weasels under the pole laps & does whatever it can to choke me & hold me back. Wouldn't you think they'd have it on a reel? (It ought to be behind bars!)

    Frankly, I don't know how you do it. & just a thought that came from no where that I'm sure of...it's not always a 'good' thing when people are impressed with how strong we are. What happens when we reach the point that we simply are NOT any longer? I knew someone who insisted, (we only talked on the phone), that I should get out & take some walks & I'd feel better. A friend of hers did this every day! Hmm. I wonder if her friend was on oxygen, had fibromyalgia. osteoporsis, ostearthritis, unhealed fractured ribs both sides & I won't go on. It's bad enough to need a trained assistant to get you in your wheelchair, down one floor, out again into the car oh OUCH! Out again to the lab etc.....when if I had any brains, I'd be taking laps around the lake again! Grrrrrrr

    My good power of attorney is my age...less six months. She & an absolutely great guy lived together for 11 years. He worked out every day, looked incredibly healthy. He was found at his office, at his desk...having had a heart attack. I never thought that life was fair or unfair, babes. It just 'seems' to be hitting closer to home all the time. My prognosis is: Continued frailty, episodes and death. I've never before looked mortality in the eyes. It's awesome.

    Soup is underestimated...especially chicken soup. It's not a myth. There's something in it! It was the last thing my little girl could drink. I made it myself, with no salt or anything, in a slow cooker, so the broth was pure & concentrated. When really chilled, it looked like aspic. (I strained off all the fat.)

    What I think you need now is a turn-of-the-luck. Something wonderfully unpredictable to happen. Maybe it will with all the good energy flowing your way! I hope so, "buddy."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Annie, I'm so sorry youre so sick, Soup is good for you, I'm glad your keeping it down at least. hugs hon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just looked in to see if there might be any news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was stopping by to check in and see how you and Casey were doing.... Annie, I'm sorry that you've had to endure all of this all at once. It's not easy, but you always keep your chin up about everything, as does Casey. You're both wonderful women and I'm so proud to be your friends. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    Please keep us updated on everything.


    All my love my friend XOXOXOXO


    P.S. I hope you got your thickest, fattest and bloodiest steak you have ever eaten in your life, and a huge bakers potato with heaps of sour cream and real butter on it too by now :)

    ReplyDelete