[My] Life in Wisconsin

70's. And October!



Good Morning Everyone;
Boy, it's been a long time since I have written a blog; and once again I am not sure I remember how.
Wait! It is one of those things, like riding a bike -and other things, that you don't forget... 
hehehe

Not much news to write home about-
Save for two, Casey had all of her teeth removed 2½ weeks ago-

Casey

Too cute she is!
She still has 4 weeks before the surgeons will even do her new impressions.
She had felt SO down about that- Me too, (I was jealous). hehehe
But her surgeon told her, IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, (and almost nose~to~nose to drive his point home), that she could have had a dentist following her around these years and her teeth still would have died from the inside out as her pancreas wreaked its damage throughout her body.

We have now learned that her pancreas had been 'going' years before we thought- and years before it had gotten so very bad... When the body is sick, it 'takes' from other parts to maintain survival.
Her nasty pancreas had also digested the roots of her teeth, little by little-

Mal-absorption being only one of the worst things she is dealing with.
She is back on her diabetes meds too, both insulins, until her body recovers from the surgical shock; and can also heal from the godawful infection that had plagued her for the past 2+ months.
She texted me this morning around 3- Said that both herself and Greg are dealing with some 'tummy troubles'. That's all she needs, right. She had offered to drop by, but I told her that it's probably better if she doesn't.
"This too shall pass."
Besides, my anxiety attacks have come back with a vengeance! Grrr...
I had done so well for so long...
*sigh* 
Even as I sit here typing I am shaking all over.
And no, I am not cold.

I mowed lawns yesterday-
Nice to be outside in October and work up a sweat too. (That is not normal for us). 
But it sure makes me happy! It is almost sinful to be on the inside.
Our weather has been absolutely "WUNNAFUL"! And should remain so -at least through the weekend. Or so they say.
Generally by now we have had snow- ugh- It makes me want to jump up and dance that we haven't had any yet. PLUS, it is in the 70's! Whoo~Hoo!

These little guys are even still around!

Flutterby


Though I know it can't, I wish it could stay that way.
Not looking forward to Winter. I never do. But then there is always Spring!

Some trees have turned, some are hanging on to their green leaves still. Odd to see that also.

Anyway, I am proud that I got the lawns done. (Better said, "as done as I could"). Looks SO much better than before.
JoAnne and Jim came and mowed a few weeks back- Thank God for neighbors that just help out, and you don't even have to ask!
The part that hadn't been cut in over a month was a challenge though; especially to my back.  That part was never leveled off right (after the barn was taken down)- I went over that part twice- and it still needs to be gone over again! Most likely I will try to do that on Friday -

Master Gabriel turned 6 on the first! Oh, how time flies!
He and his sisters go to school full time now- A nice break for Miss Kristin, Provided she doesn't have any younger fosters. Such a great family that he has found!

As you have seen, every now and then my camera will still take a picture-

This is looking across the field... At sunset

Watching my deer eat their dinner!
Sorry so fuzzy. (Picture was taken from about 20 acres away).
I love to watch them.


Two weeks ago Sunday was a bikers rally. Many of these runs go right by my place. Kind of cool that.
After her first few years, Punk generally pays them no never mind- But this past week she surely did.
Of a sudden, she is barking out the window, her fur raised on her back-
This is what she had seen...
One of the bikes had broken down right down the road. I kept hearing them speed up and go over the hill; not knowing why they had slowed to begin with.


Broken down bikes.
They were there about 45 minutes, then on their way again!

Like me.
It is high time to get a move on for the day.
Hope all is well with everyone...   Have a 'wunnaful' Wednesday!

My love to all

XOXO
Me

19 comments:

  1. SO glad you're holding up, Sis. Casey looks happy as usual.
    You're flutterbys are lovely.
    I missed two deer on the way home last night, lol.
    Glad it was a simple breakdown. Wonder what the Ride was for?

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotballsister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you my Sweet Annie........Poor Casey, losing her teeth at such a young age, its sure to be depressing for her, reminds me of someone else...........ME!.....she will feel better when she can put her teeth on and see what a beeeeeautiful smile she has.......My thoughts and prayers as always to you and your family hon....
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you. Glad things are going well...all things considered. Been thinking about you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been wondering and worrying about you all. . .

    Glad everything is OK {or as OK as it can be}

    Love you Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now I know why the calls went unanswered.....

    darn her. I know she was trying not to make me worry... but I worried worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She had them ALL removed? Or just a few? When I had my uppers removed, they did the impressions "before" the removal, made the transition teeth I would be using and then the dentist took out 8 at once and only one had to be surgically removed when it broke. (My sister went with me and she had 12 removed at the same time) Then he stitched me up where stitches were needed and then popped the fake teeth in my mouth. I kept those in till the swelling and healing was done and then went back in later for a gum check and see if there was any adjustments that needed to be done to the teeth. I wish I could have qualified for dental implants. They are pretty expensive, plus your gums and jaw bone have to be really healthy to accept them too. Casey is young enough to get use to wearing dentures and eventually they will seem natural to her. I knocked my two front teeth out on a trampoline and have worn a partial flipper appliance since I was 18. Then later got the bridge when more teeth needed to come out. The bridge with those wire connectors aren't so great for your teeth either. Around every tooth where the wires connect was the very place the newer cavities had all started. It will take some getting use to on how to eat with dentures. But she will learn.

    Oh...and the gums will continue to shrink for several months afterward and she may end up having to get liners put in a couple of times. Or....new impressions for newer teeth will be in order once the shrinking slows down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Snotball Sister of Mine;

    My flutterbys...
    Yesterday I saw a Monarch too. So beautiful they are- Appropriately named also.
    He must have missed the migration... I wonder if he will still migrate, or die of the cold?
    Beauty be damned, it bothered me to see him and know he will probably die since his friends are all gone already.

    I giggled at you 'missing' the deer. Lucky you- Better for your car that way.
    I have been most fortunate, knock on wood, with respect to doing my cars in; but I have a friend who routinely kills them. Poor Cindy- I can't even begin to think of how much these animals have cost her... and how many cars she has gone through.

    I had a deer hit me once. (True story).
    I saw them coming, so hit the brakes, sliding the car toward the ditch. The big guy, seeing all of this, just continued onward, slamming into the drivers side front quarter panel, and removing the set up for the passenger headlamp on his way dpown.
    Oh- there was also fur all over...

    I believe the run was 'memorial', with proceeds going to a local charity. (If I recall the news that night). Too much has happened in these past few weeks that I have no reason to trust my memory. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me


    PS
    Whomever told you I was holding up is a damn liar!!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Pamela;
    You made me giggle.
    "Poor Casey" hell.
    Now she will have her implants, and will never have another cavity in her life- All that and NO root canals, ever.
    I told her not to wait for Christmas... She started singing "ALL I want for Xmas is all of my teeth"
    Made me giggle- The female counterpart of "Weird Al", or "Da Yoopers".

    XOXO
    Me ♪

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Donna;
    I am hanging in there, aren't I?! hehehe
    You have been thinking of me? Good or bad?

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quit worrying Sweet Slurkie Baby!
    All things happen in their own time. (Kinda like us, right)?

    Yes ma'am. Everything is as great as it can be!
    Hope the same, or better, holds true for you!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Pea;
    She never said a word, and I didn't know she wasn't answering... I would have let you know sooner.
    Or hell, Silly Pea, you could have always called here too, and I would have set your heart at ease.
    Sorry that you worried almost needlessly.

    XOXO
    me

    PS
    A little insight...
    Her phone has been on the fritz too, so that might have been what happened.
    It has a mind of it's own. Maybe she should sprinkle salt around it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet PeachieBaby;
    Except for 2, they are all gone.
    He saved the two eye teeth on the bottom so she has something to attach her temporary falsies to. I believe they will start on the top for her restoration.
    (She said she looked like a bulldog). hehehe Only cuter.

    I finally had my dentist take impressions last year. But then never got back to finish talking him into it.
    What you described about leaving with dentures is what he would have done for me. He did tell me that those would need to be replaced about 3 months into it, *if* he did it. He just wanted to make $ off a few more root canals. (Forget that).
    Oh well.
    There are worse things ya know.
    And if anybody needs to eat, it's Casey.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should add too that Mr. Greg has been very very supportive. It helps too that his dad is a dentist. It leaves no room for misconceptions or ignorance
    hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why would I ever think BAD of you???? I remember you were having problems with your Internet/email and haven't seen you post for a while. Kind of missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Sweets!
    You have made my day.


    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fall is my favorite time of year. Glad I don't see my ex in that last picture. The new teeth will look wonderful. It is October so we are remembering women who lose more than teeth . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie, I don't know how I missed this blog of yours, but I did. I hope you and Casey are doing as well as can be, hugs to you both from me. Sharon

    ReplyDelete