[My] Life in Wisconsin

Here. We Go. Again...



Good Morning Everyone!

Now begins the season...
I do not do well with the cold.
That said, the oil in the tank must have taken a hit these last two days. (honestly, my back cannot stand the cold; and it hurts so bad)...
Not sure what's up with that.






I washed and sorted my turtlenecks and sweatshirts last week, and am going to be getting in the shower shortly. I'll be standing there for quite a while too-

I've been fighting a migraine all week- come and go- - come and go; on and off, and on again. Nasty that. I will be keeping this short.

Casey came out yesterday, driving out in the rain; and bringing my camera in from outside!!! I can't believe I left it out there!
We tore it apart almost immediately- Memory card placed on my warm laptop, battery in the charger after it was dried- and the camera on the floor by the register.

It seems to have worked! Check these out...



Across the west lawns and the outdoor kennel

Taken just as the rain changed to snow---

  I should try to shut that door...    .........  Punk, watching the 1st flakes of 2011

Looks like I'd best get out there and at least try to close that door.
Everything, well almost everything, is covered... Still, it's not right. hehehe

And this one, my favorite- Taken 3 nights ago-

Waxing Beaver Moon


Hope y'all have a 'wunnaful' Wednesday!

XOXO
Me


PS
While the snow we get won't last long, (this time) I am still not thrilled with the prospect of another cold Winter.


From todays forecast pages:
Watches and Warnings
Green Bay Forecast

...RAPID CHANGE TO SNOW EXPECTED TO OCCUR ACROSS CENTRAL THROUGH NORTHEAST WISCONSIN BY 900 AM...

PRECIPITATION FROM A LARGE STORM SYSTEM WAS SURGING NORTH ACROSS THE AREA EARLY THIS MORNING. THE SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO EXPAND ACROSS MOST OF THE REST OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN BY MID-MORNING...

GROUND TEMPERATURES ARE STILL ABOVE FREEZING...AND THAT WILL INITIALLY SLOW SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. THE SNOW WILL ALSO BE OF THE HEAVY WET VARIETY...AND THAT COULD EVENTUALLY CAUSE TREE LIMBS TO BREAK AND FALL ON POWER LINES...LEADING TO POWER OUTAGES.
TRAVEL CONDITIONS COULD ALSO START TO DETERIORATE AS THE SNOW CONTINUES.


12 comments:

  1. Are you getting the snow storm headed our way yet or are you still on the border for it?...It is a very cold rain today here in town and that is stripping the trees of our late color so now they are starting to look all bare with touches of color here and there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Neal!
    I can't believe it hasn't hit GB yet! Weird, that- I took the pics a while ago already!
    I don't know what we'll get- but I guarantee you it will mess up the roads if it keeps coming down like this.

    As you can tell by the pics, we still have color-
    I will have to recheck that in a few days. hehehe It goes so fast.

    I was near to having heart failure when Casey brought that camera in- I am SO lucky my camera still halfway works...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. My back reacts the same way toward cold, so at least you have company. I've heard that oil is very pricey, although I don't know how much it costs a gallon. Here in Chicago, back in the late 60's when everyone was burning coal, a law was passed that everyone convert to natural gas furnaces (or at least AWAY from coal, I'm not positive which). While not cheap, gas seems to be a far less costly alternative to the other options. Of course, the entire city is a grid of underground gas pipes. For those who have to rely on tanks of propane, I''ve no knowledge of the price difference. But when I hear of friends of mine back East having to repeatedly get their oil tanks filled (or even NOT completely filled) with oil at 500 bucks a shot, I can't imagine any alternative to oil being more economical. (Of course, that' s just conjecture on my part. It MIGHT cost more if you were to build your own, personal nuclear power plant....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we might end up getting some flurries later but for us in town it is all about the crappy rain...to the west they have you guys getting upwards to 6 inches...but we might get a little snow tomorrow...which is the normal day of our 1st snow...it's almost always been on my b-day We got the winds with the heavy rains that knock the leaves off..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a light covering here in Illinois, but that wind is a bit arctic and blustery! Pooh bear and Piglet and Eyeore would be right at home! Glad your camera survived and hope this finds you somewhere warm and cozy. All the love to you and yours, Ginabeena.
    Ps . Mom has had a pacemaker put in and has been having seizures , she is out at the local nursing home for rehab,as she has been having trouble swallowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe look at punk wondering if its ever going to stop for she can go out and play. glad your camera is okay, I love the pictures you post!!!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Company is always welcomed!

    Oil *IS* very pricey- Didn't use to be that way though- We changed out the old wood/coal furnace when I was about 4 or so. ('62). This is the 2nd oil furnace put in now-
    Much like cable, there are no gas lines out this way; and I've been to tight to convert; although somehow this furnace is supposed to make that easy...

    I ordered oil about 2 weeks ago. I think it was around 3.39/gal- Honestly I didn't look. (Ignorance is bliss). And at this point it is relatively warm too.

    I have a 500 gal tank downstairs, so you see I never do get it filled. Well ok, not 'never' but haven't for over a year I think.
    I pushed it too far last winter- Greg and Casey had to come out bearing 5 gallon jugs of oil for me.. Greg got it going-
    I couldn't have gotten down there to bleed te lines if I wanted to. hehehe

    Methinks you are right. It might be more economical, if I planned on staying here.
    I am still hoping to move... out and into Ashwaubenon or Hobart.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang! I just can't believe that I am so close to you and that it sort of missed you!
    The 5 o'clock news said it was flurrying a bit in town and the cameras proved it.
    Barely NOTHING!
    (Just wait for my pics tomorrow).

    Tons of people out this way re-familiarizing themselves with the ditches. And I wouldn't know that except Casey had to get her brakes fixed on her car, north of Pulaski, and stopped in on her way home-

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where the heck have you been Sweet Beans???
    I can't believe how lucky I am that my camera did survive! And, get this, it seems to be working right once again...
    Keep your fingers crossed.

    Am guessing that your mom probably has never used a watch that wasn't a wind up one? I can't either- something with the electricity in my body convolutes the darn thing and it quits after about 20 minutes.
    That said, unless she was epileptic before, I am guessing that the charges from the pacemaker has set those off.

    Don't be a stranger.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete

  10. hehehe
    Punk was out a few times today- and would turn and come right back in.
    She might be a mite spoiled. Ya think?
    Oh, and she just HAD to find her red rubber ball and bring it inside too

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are more than welcome to bottle up that snow and send it my way. You know I LOVE it!

    How did you forget your camera outside?

    Stay warm and toasty!


    Love ya!

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  12. My last camera I had, my brother ran over....
    It still works, but can't view the pictures on it....
    I never did get it fixed, I got another one for Christmas....
    I actually like the other camera better though....
    I LOVE that last pic!.... BEAUTIFUL!!!!


    I don't like the cold weather either, I get cold easily....
    Not looking forward to winter at all....



    Sending all my love XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete