[My] Life in Wisconsin

Casey. Punk. And me too.

Good Morning All;
I have been sitting and standing and trying to catch up on some laundry- 
The way my back feels, (and in a new spot), is that I am waiting for this next vertebra to crack. (I know this 'feeling' too). 
I am so careful. 
I wish the feeling would just go away- or crack already. 
It's much like having a very bad kink within.

I had gone to my pain appointment much earlier this month; having changed the time myself to accommodate another appt in the same building, & not wanting to make 2 separate trips. Mistakenly I had thought the doctor she had given me was one that I had already met, and liked. 
My bad.
As it was, a 'new' [to me] doctor walked in, stated that he was going to change my meds, took my cane and told me to walk. (Keep in mind that I was having a particularly bad back day to begin with). 
I would not walk without taking his hands, and taking some very tentative steps (in case this bonzo decided to pull away his hands as my support).
Then he tells me to sit. 
He repeats himself- BECAUSE I WASN'T MOVING/SITTING FAST ENOUGH!
Oh shit, (I could go on and on... But to save you the letter I wrote to my regular doctor, I won't).
Suffice to say this guy was an ass. 
He had not even LOOKED at my chart when he chose to  change my medication regimen!! WTfH???
I am still furious at being treated like dirt by someone who doesn't even KNOW me!

And yes, I held on to that letter for 2 weeks, rereading it to make sure I still felt the same way. 
I did, and do.  And yes, my doctor now has it.

Unfortunately since I can barely move, I have to call in and make another appt- an earlier one than the one I now have, because this regimen is NOT working for me.
I could blame it all on the fiasco about the death of yet another superstar who doesn't know how to read a Rx bottle, but this was weeks before her death- 
And it's shit like that that really upsets me. So I won't go even write about that crap.

Not much other news...

Punk is still sick- Not really 'sick' sick- but barfs every now and then. Vet said it is a birth defect in her throat- But I am wondering WHY this would only present itself now??? He had no answer for that, save that she needs to lose some weight. (But she has weighed the same now, approximately, for a few years)...

Let's see...
Oh, in case you missed it, I posted about Casey's next surgery in my calendar here... Poor kid. 
What I didn't write is that her Paps came back bad, and now she will also be having a colposcopy.
She has more courage and love than most people have in their little fingers.

I hope all is well with everyone. 
Forgive me please for not writing, and not commenting on your own blogs. I see many pages of new stuff that I cannot even get to. 
*sigh*  - I will never catch up.

XOXO
me

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Annie so much on your plate, how are your lungs doing? Of course I pray for Casey poor baby girl , she is the strongest person I've ever heard of, her little body takes so so much. take care my friend
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne....so sorry for your pain and the doctor you got. Mine is like that all the time, so I know
    what you mean and she is a woman!! Since I don't want to get riled up I won't say another word
    about her. haha Sorry that Punk is sick, hope she will be better soon!!! Gosh it's pretty bad when
    even the dog is sick. :( I can't believe Casey needs more surgery!! Poor girl, she knows what
    it's like to be on the O.R. table. Please tell her I send hugs and lots of love and prayers for everyone.
    Tell Punk I will pray for her too.

    I hope you will be feeling better soon and get your other doctor back. Glad you mailed that
    letter. We all need to speak up about the things that aggravate us. I have been doing well,
    but David is not good...seems like we can't be well together. :)) God Bless you all,

    Hugs & blessings,
    Bev xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad, and that you got a jerk of a doc...we have been through that here as well, and it sucks when it happens...I hope you can get back in soon, and get on the correct meds. I hope Casey's next surgery helps her, and that the colposcopy turns out well. Many hugs and prayers going out to you and yours!

    Take care,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah- Too much on my plate- and it is quickly becoming completely inedible.

    And due to all the damage that her body endured, I sort of know that this did not just start only 7 years ago.
    There's just too much that has gone wrong, ya know?

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we have seen so many with respect to Casey's stuff-
    But honestly, I was COMPLETELY blown away by this one.
    Maybe because Dr. Marco is always so nice- And the others too.
    Although not 'new' to the place, this a-hole was new to me.
    Grrr...

    What an idiot yours was too-
    Methinks he was embarrassed because he was having a problem with simple comprehension.
    hehehe

    I am getting someone MUCH better as my NP is finally back!
    YAY!
    She had some deaths in her family- just before Christmas and had taken an extended 'away'.


    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I wrote the letter, I told him that I would NEVER EVER see this doctor again-
    I also said that if I "had to" I would then find another provider.
    No uncertain terms there. I named off the people I would agree to see.
    how damn fast these bastards forget who is working for whom!!!

    I am sorry for your David- And for how hard it must be to deal with it all. (I do know how that goes).
    He, and you are always in my prayers.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am just waiting for something to "give".
    And it's like back limbo- I can't stand it. (No pun intended).

    We sure have a full week ahead-
    And Casey's next appointment is with Becky on Tuesday afternoon- Right after the hospital.
    Should be interesting... hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did get a new appointment and go in on Monday morning.
    I hope I can wait til then- otherwise I am not averse to going to the ER for this.
    (Just that it's flu season). Oh wait, I had my shots.

    Still... ick.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne sorry to hear youre still in so much pain and about Poor Casey too. She has been through so much. I wish they would ust keep youunder one DR who knows everythign already. GEEZE!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know I've often thought that about Caseys case.......that somethings were missed loooooong ago when she was just a child. xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sweetie Pie, miss you. When you feel low, just look at that picture i sent you and laugh, ok? Love you always,
    k

    ReplyDelete