[My] Life in Wisconsin

Lumps are not good.



Good Morning All;
Warning! This story may be a bit too descriptive for a few of you.

If so, too bad.    Just kidding- Hey, just look at the pics then.  hehehe  

A long week last, for the Punk-
On Tuesday I had felt a spot of hard fur on her side- Like she had gotten into some syrup or jello- 
But saw nothing out of the ordinary, even as I brushed her!
She has had a lump on her back for a while- Doc said it was nothing to worry over, so I never gave it a thought.
Besides, the hard sticky 'evidence' was ½-way down her rib-cage, and nowhere even close to the almond sized lump in the middle of her back..

On Wednesday, she was twisting around, flopping even- 
My first thought was "she's showing off" (Not that she does that a lot).  hehehe   

As she did it again, and recalling the stick, (among other 'mishaps' she has had), my next thought was "What next?



Slouch

I can see in these shots that her almond 'lump' was getting bigger and bigger...
And her smile was getting rarer and rarer.

So tired she seemed-
But she has been getting a workout too as the weather has been so much nicer.  
I just thought my [sort of] fat dog was pooped out...


Punk sick
Nice to sleep alone-

But sometimes you just want to have a friend nearby...


Punk was using Sputty as a pillow 'til I grabbed the camera...


These twists, jerks and 'sighs' continued...

Good grief, was she epileptic? 
Or did she just keep reacting to me saying something to her with a smile on my face about her strange calisthenics?

By Thursday, her jerking around alerted me as I finally realized that the lump on her back had opened up...

I used a warm wet washcloth to clean it up the best I could, and it began to open up even more!
That warm washcloth drew out some pretty funky crap, and her fur came right off!

1.  Blood. 
2.  Water-Ooze? (Not like pus though, real runny).
3.  And little bitty white circles.  They didn't seem to move of their own accord, or I would have been forced to barf.
4.  I trimmed the hair from around it; then used the Hexaseptic Flush Plus I have for her.

I repeated this every few hours throughout the night-  
I even called Casey about 10:30- (Hey, she's the one with the veterinary background- much more than I have).

I called Dr. Spires early Friday morning.




"You Can NOT be serious!"
 hehehe   
She was not at all thrilled when I asked her if she wanted to go see Doc Spires.  


Now I see the swelling...
Just one more shot- I should have noticed that swelling...

As he thought, it is a sebaceous cyst. Rare for them to open up too.
He shaved it better- finding two more little cysts near to it...


Sebaceous cyst

I should have put a nickel up there so you could see how big it is. 
(About the same size as that nickel)...
The little pinhead size white balls were fat! hehehehehehe

And it is still a bit swollen, but looking better after 4 days on the antibiotics; and I am to continue using the Hexa stuff a few times each day-


Punk, home from the vet

She didn't even beg for the chicken from the mini-casserole I'd made yesterday.
Still catching up on that sleep. (Damned antibiotics). hehehe

With our weird weather last month- (In the 80's mid-March), then back to below freezing again for the past few weeks- (at night), my tree blossoms have been as weird as the weather...


crabapple tree- 1/2 flowered out

Only half of my flowering crab has blossomed out. 
Blossoms are on the north side, and the south sides. But NONE on the East or the West?

My daffodils are turning up pretty- and I have had a few vasefuls in the house already!

daffodils
This is the little patch out in the west lawn.
More behind the house and out by where my garden... was.

Miss Polly called yesterday afternoon, and even got to speak to Casey!


Miss Casey, yakking to Miss Polly!
Casey with a Wink, and the Sput!
* Polly and Rich are dealing with his ALS diagnosis as well as can be expected.
I cannot imagine what they must be going through, even after speaking to Polly
Those are not shoes I would care to walk in.
My heart, my love, goes out to both of them.

As soon as Casey leaves the chair, Sputty immediately decides it is time for his bath.



"S'cuse me, but I am bathing here!"

"Bathus-Interruptus!"

My own bath will be postponed a while today, as I have to get outside and mow again. 
Last week, I did not even do the west lawn- and barely even finished behind the house by the clothesline.
Oh UGH.

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world!
Love to all.

XOXO,
Me!

PS
As I write, I am also thinking some very good and positive thoughts- burning sage, and saying prayers for my friend Jerri...
Some of you may know her as "CubbieFan"

Jerri is at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, this morning, receiving results of yet another 'opinion' as to whether she will lose her leg. Her knee has been infected for 3+ months now- 
This destruction, because of the RECLAST POISON she had received.
Like me, she did not do her homework ahead of time; and like me also, she is paying an awful price for drugs that do not work.

Please, won't you keep her in your hearts today, and do the click (on her name), to leave her a message in her guestbook on here?


16 comments:

  1. Prayers to everyone involved in your conversation today Annie....
    Even your fur kid ;)
    Much love to you
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your pics of your sweet pawed baby wanted to just cuddle with her, her eyes lookl so sad. You said she had cysts that drained but it just looks so sore. Hope she's up and peppy as a pup soon. The pics of your trees and flowers are beautiful, as are your daughter and cat :-). Thought of good things are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe poor Punk....I'm glad shes feeling better, I'll take a bite of that chicken casserole! You crack me up, poor Spu,,,,t interruptus of anything ;) sounds horrible!!! Off to wish your friend well
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    P.S. dont over do.......as you recognize every time you open your house door to go outside.......your yard is still there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..... poor punkie! Miss Isabelle had those. I refer you back to the one that had to be surgically removed from her poor tail..... she had one on her back between her shoulders that was there for years and years that would break open from time to time but never had to be removed.... just narfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE!   UPDATE!    UPDATE! 

    Miss Jerri called around 2 yesterday afternoon...
    Mayo has informed her she will be keeping her leg for now!  YAY!More testing tomorrow, but she should be able to go home on Thursday.She will be needing a new knee, and that surgery is scheduled for August 6th.
    I am THRILLED for her.
    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sweet Susan-
    And especially the furkid at this point- (Now she has icky dark brown-red discharge from her right ear).
    She's just miserable... Poor thing-
    Casey called Doc Spires- She will bring her in at 10 this morning.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Mary;
    She is sleeping now-
    And I haven't told her yet that she goes back in tomorrow. Randy did when he was here, but I don't think she was paying attention at the time. hehehe
    I can't stand when she is like this.

    Thank you for your compliment too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Pamela!
    I didn't overdo anything... My back would not even allow me to crawl on the rider.
    So my grass grows high. And I see it through all my darned windows too.
    Not sure why, but when grass moves, even in a little breeze, it bothers me bigtime; and it is time to cut.

    Thank you for your well wishes! See my little update. hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ps
    You don't want the casserole, trust me.
    I will post how it came to be, shortly. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Crap my little Sweet Pea-
    I didn't know that once they opened and drained they would do it over again?!
    "Poor Punkie" is right... (She has others- One on her belly)! UGH!

    I miss Izzy B's antics...

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayer does work no matter what one believes!!!! I hope she is feeling the love. Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to be of service to another human being.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep.... it is a cell gone wild thing. Unless they remove the "cell" it can do it again.... it does not always do it though. Larssen has had one on her tail forever that neither opens nor grows.... so we just keep an eye on it.

    I miss the Iz too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Mary-
    You are right. I pray for people who do not, and those prayers are still heard.
    I learned a lot through Casey's illnesses and surgeries - from people that didn't necessarily 'believe' and yet sent some very positive and loving thoughts her way; especially during the most awful surgeries... Those words and comments made my heart soar also!
    It makes for a beautiful world!

    You are so sweet to have gone to Jerri's page and offer your kindnesses and caring!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...

    I can only imagine the relief she felt, having thought for so long now that she may lose her leg...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Pea;
    Sheesh- Doc said it looked good when Casey brought her in today. Said he was happy it scabbed over too.
    (I do not like strange fluids leaking from anything, especially the live things that I know and love)!
    I sure hope the one on her belly never opens. If it did, I would HAVE TO cover it.
    Thankfully I would have enough material around to wrap it good enough during the day, and especially when she lays in front of the old garage.

    I hope that Miss Larrs never open either. that tail would be very very sore, and it would not keep her from wagging it either! hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sissy,

    Poor Punk!!! My heart goes out to her. she starts feeling a bit better then has cysts and ear infections. At least she has the Sputty-cat to snuggle with to help make her feel better.

    Casey looks well. I'm praying she continues to improve.

    Your flowers and trees are lovely. I got most of our grass mowed the other day. Wish I were close enough to come do yours.

    oxox,
    foreveryoursnotballsister

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing can stop the tail wag!

    She wacks herself in both ears when I get home from work....

    ReplyDelete