[My] Life in Wisconsin

The Muggies. The Scrubbles.

  magnify
Miss Milly, with her ever present "squeak ball"...
.
.
Good Morning Everyone!
I have been up for quite a while already.
Our forecast calling for one more day, (today), of the "hot~n~muggies. And a chance of severe storms this afternoon and evening.
The sun came up, but not a trace of a red/pink sky with it.
So maybe we won't be getting those storms after all.

Say "yippee"!



But we do need a bit of rain-
(Just thinking that my weeds could stand a decent drink of water).
Everything is so dry once more.



Besides, the weatherman obviously lied yesterday when he said a 'high' of 88°
So he might well be wrong about that chance of severe weather.

.
.

LIAR!
Sure doesn't look like
88° to me!
And yes, this thermometer is on the north side of the house.


Happy, (no, scratch that word), ELATED and very grateful that Miss Kelli came over and helped me get the AC unit in my window.

I do have to get out to the garden too-
Walking around it last night, I see that my weeds outnumber anything edible by about 1,000,000~1.
(Inedible, unless you have four legs and moo).
sigh

There are worse things...

Like Casey being put back on the morphine- (Her pain being that bad all over again). Prayers please?
Her referral to Mayo will wait until after our doctor gets back from vacation- He wants to be here when he sends it in. I don't blame him either; he is the only one that knows her medical history so very well.

The thoughts I had about my water? All null and void now... No worries!
I'd left the hose on in the back; and water always seeks its easiest flow. I'd only gotten a bit of rust from there. All is "well " with my water.
Besides, I think the state might laugh at me for as many samples as I send in. They always come back fine.


Outside last night as the sun was dusking itself off for the day, I thought Miss Milly needed a bit of exercise too. So off the cable she went.
They (Punk and Milly) played together for 5 minutes, while I pulled a few weeds.
Turning around, Milly had simply vanished~ (into thick air).
After calling for her, and more than a few whistles, Punk and I took a ride in the Roadmaster-
(Milly IS kinda dirty, and I didn't want her in my Rendezvous)...

Drove up to Chuck and Julie's...
No Milly.

And then took a drive over to Cathy Ryan's.
No Milly there either.
But gosh, we sure had a wonderful visit!
(Cathy and I grew up together, and it's always nice to play 'ketchup')...
.
.

Aren't they darling?
She is such a good mom!
I never knew any of her brothers and sisters not to be smiling either!
They ALL have that Smiley~Gene in their Irish blood!
Looks like her baby inherited it as well.

Cathys oldest is getting married this weekend!
Wow, we sure have come a long way!
.
Get this...
She had been reading my blog night before last; taking notice of the photo of my "bug"...
What is so weird is that when they went out to their pool yesterday, she had the same bug there!
Of course neither one of us know what the heck it is...
Funny!

Back to Mama Milly-
By the time we got back, Milly was laying in wait for me, in the front pine trees. Sassy little runaway!
I am wondering if she was there the whole time???
... So I asked her.
She only muttered something when I fastened her up again. (Bet she was cussing up a storm too)!
.
.
Does my corner look a bit better now?
.
.

Cnv0478 ..... Cnv0495

Before, ................~~~..........and after!

Gotta love 'em!
Again, the color is not right. Grrr....

.
.
Last week, I'd found some very UNwelcome company in my little message box by the back door.
.
.

I sprayed it with something very handy, as it was...
Greg's shampoo!
hehehe
(Hey, it worked)!
.
.
But it didn't kill the little buggars either.
These very clean wasps have just relocated to the south service door of the attached garage.
.
.

(That's not going to work either)...
But see how clean she is?!

.
.
I'd better close- More scrubbles to do around here!
Have a grand weekend!
Stay cool, and safe!

XOXO
Me

Originally posted to my Y! 360, Friday June 27, 2008 - 08:16am (CDT)

24 comments:

  1. RAID! for the bugs.

    Corner looks mucho better.

    Glad the AC is working just fine and I hate the hot and muggies too. We need a good old-fashioned thunder boomer around here to clear out the air. A couple inches of rain would be nice as well. We are parched...weeds aren't even growing.

    Love your four-legged juvenille deliquent.

    Hugz
    cat/pest

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Sweet Cat
    That juvenile is almost 12!

    The thundershowers MIGHT work to clear it out here, although they said ONLY IF the temps go down with the storms. Otherwise we have to wait til night.

    Have a 'cool' weekend!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what he wrote:

    Good morning Anne,
    It could be a busy Friday...
    There's a slight chance of storms this morning with a more likely chance this afternoon-evening.

    Look for highs in the low to mid 80's.

    As long as nearby storms don't cool off temps, a warm & humid day will increase the risk for strong to severe storms. STAY TUNED!

    StormCenter 2 Meteorologist Justin Zollitsch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's kinda cool I've never seen a nest in the part built stage, but damn that wasp is HUGE!!!

    Hoping Casey feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every now and then I see them while the nests are small Sweet Sophie.
    (Mostly THEY find me though).

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I KNOW what the bugs are called...yahoosects. I know, I know...boo, hiss.

    The ground is kinda, sorta damp right now...I just keep hoping for a humdinger of a downpour. I don't care if friends and I are going out of state for a couple of hours on back country roads...we need rain durn it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when it gets humid! We hardly have any real humidity out here. Rather, we dry out like jerky! It's supposed to be in the mid 90's this weekend, so finally we won't freeze to death when we go swimming. And we've been spraying hornet nests on our house like crazy. Now I just have to get one of the boys to get up on a ladder and knock the dead nests down!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Damp is damn sight finer than dust.

    Have fun running from the law...
    (Was that YOU at Lake Michigan with chiggers)?

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Lisa!

    Your dogs called. They said they LOVE jerky, and don't care what it is made out of!
    hehehe
    Better be careful!

    And you'd better be careful with the kids on the ladder too. One bug flies anywhere and they will jump all the way to the lake!

    Oh, I hate anything that stings!
    I never was one of those people that jump and cringe at the sight of a bee.

    I am now. (And very very allergic now too)

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had chiggers since I was a kid. Thank heavens for that! Those things are AARRGGHH!!

    Not running from the law, just gonna enjoy a long ride on many, many back country roads the next state over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear about the water and air conditioner


    Glad to hear about the water and air conditioner! So sad to hear about Casey's pain situation! She sure doesn't need any more of that. House is looking good. Mama Millie probably never left the yard. XOXO,Me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This darned thing hiccuped again. Sorry. XOXO,Me.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Excuses, excuses Mr. Rick;
    It did NOT hiccup.

    You are just getting old and repeating yourself.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of these days I'll blog with pics. When I get a camera from the Nikon Gnome maybe.
    I've seen those bugs before.
    At least it's not a stink bug. Ever been introduced to one of those? Makes skunkweed and dog defication smell like a fresh spring day.
    Who's getting old? Aren't you about to turn half a century? She didn't mean it rlade, she's just getting old and ornery herself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks too hot to me.....yes, weathermen lie!

    Hope Milly made the most of her freedom run, I bet it will be a while before she gets away again :)

    Cathy looks like a really nice lady...is that Thomas PJ's? TJ would love that boy if he likes THOMAS... even just a little bit!

    I despise dealing with bees. Wasps are even worse...Ive experience those stings....don't like em one bit.

    Sorry about the weeds but I am proud of you for at least saving your back from that :)

    Toodles for now...hope the storms aren't eventful tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dealt with thunderstorms for 5 1/2 hours today...alllllllllllllll the way over to Maryland 2 1/2 drive to help pick up a friend's daughter from summer camp and it's waaaaaaaaay out in the sticks (beautiful drive) then alllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back to Delaware where it continued to thunder, rain and give us cloud to ground lightning for quite a while. I was tired (still am), hungry, etc.

    One more blog to catch up with then I'm off to lullaby land.

    P.S. If the cop was good looking and old enough, I'd run towards him NOT away. hehe

    catpest

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well....I was here earlier and had to get offline real quick for my daughter to make a phone call. She needed to get her middle son's ear looked at and he didn't start complaining till after the normal clinics were right at closing time. Since they are a military family they were told to just go to the ER and get looked at there. She needed to call her hubby who is still over in Okinawa and verify some info on their medical card. One of those things where.....if you're gonna get sick you are suppose to plan it out in advance. LOL! Funny how they think you should know ahead of time. And by golly.....their offices were closed so she couldn't get any confirmation for an "okay." Anyway, she went and spent over 4 hours at the ER to get a prescription that she cannot get filled till tomorrow! She is use to the military hospitals dispensing what you need in the way of prescriptions on your visit there to them. Plain old hospitals don't work that way. LOL!

    Anne, on your before picture, is that spider webs, cracks, or roots growing in the wall?
    I need to do some painting too. Of course that won't be happening anytime soon. My pockets are empty and I doubt I could get the house cool enough for me to get that busy. Maybe I can do some paint freshening this fall.

    That Milly.....always running off. I suppose she just likes to get away from it all every now and then. Don't we all? Glad she was found safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Stanger;
    Having two dogs, (and most days having three of them) around here, I cannot imagine that the poo~poo/doo~doo would be able to smell so good.
    (The only time I really thought about it is when I didn't have a dog)... :-(

    OLD? Half a century isn't old!
    Bite your tongue... You are not THAT far behind.

    The "Sony Gnome" works better... You are praying to the wrong god/gnome.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet BethieBaby!
    It was WAY too hot. Better now (outside) that the temps are in the lows 70's. It is early yet, and I haven't checked my weather. Hopefully the weathermen were right about it cooling off about ten degrees or so.

    Cathy, and her whole batch of siblings and children, are the 'good' people of the world.
    The world needs more "Ryans" and as far as I'm concerned, Ginny and John should have had 10 more.
    Not sure about the PJ's... I only commented that he was SO dressed up for the weather.
    Randy was here yesterday... knocked down that little nest, but missed the wasp. Lord only knows where I'll find it next.

    The weeds? I am ready to chuck the whole garden and wait til next year.
    My back just doesn't care for that position overmuch.

    The darned storms woke me up... and there was water everywhere by the time I got all the windows closed. (I don't ever sleep with the AC on)...
    So I went abck to sleep and all that H2O has dried. (Thank God I have linoleum tiles...

    Love to you

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet CatPest;
    Summer camp? Didn't summer only start a few days ago?
    (Course I'll be saying that when it sinks in that November is here too)...
    sigh.

    I would have been crouched on the floor of the backseat to have dealt with that for the whole day.
    Happy you made it back safe and sound though

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  21. hehehe
    Sweet PeachieBaby,
    You will have to go here to see the REAL "before" explanation...
    http://flintville.multiply.com/journal/item/608

    Oh, I ABHOR those damned emergency room visits.
    Of course now they see Casey coming and pretty much know what's happening to her.
    (But if she ever breaks a leg, I want to go, just to see the looks on their faces)!
    hehehe

    Hope your grandson is better in quick fashion.
    Use some sudafed too, to reduce that plugged up feeling and the popping.
    I always thought the popping was the worst of any ear infection. Kinda brings ya to your knees.
    My friend Judy actually broke an eardrum once from an ear infection, so it's always good to get treated.

    You are right, Miss Milly only wants her Calgon.

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just finished reading Casey's blog, you guys have been BUSY! Glad to hear that you finally got your air conditioner hooked up - you'll be expecting snow in what?... about two months?!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG Sweet RT!

    BITE YOUR TONGUE!

    Sometimes we get snow early, but not in August- Though nothing surprises me anymore either.
    UGH
    Perish the thought...

    Just woke up... sicker than a dog...
    Speakig of the dog, she was all cuddled round my feet.
    Now they're chilly.
    73 degrees... and chilly!
    hehehe
    I love it!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete