[My] Life in Wisconsin

Hospitals. Houdini. And Sewage.

 magnify
Parked out in front of the hospital...
too funny
(Guess THAT didn't work for someone)...
.
.
.

Good Morning All;
I was not supposed to wake up in my own home today.
But I did.
(No, I hadn't turned over an old leaf and suddenly become naughty or lucky again either).
Damn, hey?
hehehe

Casey was to be transported to either Milwaukee's Froedtert Hospital, or UW's Madison Medical Center.
She is still in Green Bay.

I am still home too;
hence waking up here.
(With a dog in my face no less)!!!
.
.
Cnv0538 by you.

Yes. This is the dog.

(And no, it is not sunny right now)...



.
.
Punk clearly had to go outside.
Apparently someone (who shall remain nameless) fell asleep and didn't let her out before bed last night.

Punk misses Mr. Miller.
(Mama Milly misses them both)...
.
.
Cnv0541 by you.
Miss Milly.
.
.

Below are Miller and Punk, picking squash a few days ago.
Milly ("Houdini") was on a leash as I wasn't about to have her disappearing on me as she usually does.


.
.
Cnv0530 by you.
Punk and Miller-
...fighting over the best one!

.
.
.
.
Cnv0535 by you.
Miller won!
.
.
I am sure you are wondering how Casey is...

She had to do a 24 hour urine collection (Not sure what they are looking for). It was done at 2 yesterday afternoon, and apparently the results will take some time.

Her counts were back to normal again yesterday morning.
But such pain!

The nice lady doctor (hospitalist) was off, and now Casey has Dr. Hujuet. (sp). He has assured me he will be there all week. (damn).
He is more than a bit (way too much for me) opinionated and smug. And I wish he wasn't as 2 faced as he is.
I would not make that statement if I hadn't seen that arrogance on more than one occasion either.

(CLICK HERE for what she'd experienced under his 'watch' in March).

And for what she went through the day after that-
The feelings and her own words then,
so accurately reflecting her diminished spirit now.

CLICK PLEASE.
This doctor had told her that she was to eat a full menu, and to force herself to eat.
So she ordered food.
We picked her off the bathroom floor.
Twice.
That bastard of a doctor to do this to her after she was on ICE CHIPS?

They took over 20 minutes to respond to her light being on, while she dry heaved on the floor of the bathroom, unable to walk, or even to move.

Yes, I marched right down to the nurses staition after she got a bolus of zofran for her nausea.
AND I FRICKIN DEMANDED THAT THEY CALL DR HUJUET AND GET HIM ON THE PHONE FOR ME.
I then demanded a new amylase and lipase count.
He thought meybe they should do that.
WHAT?
Of course they should.
(And wouldn't you know, her counts had more than doubled in those few minutes)?
I am very very very angry...
Why the hell put her through such pain???
.
.
.
Roberta came to visit Casey yesterday.
.
.
Cnv0565 by you.
We walked outside with the Punkster for a bit.
.
.
And then back up to the room where Greg's best friend Buck was visiting Casey.
.
.

.
Cnv0574 by you.
Sassy guy
He is most certainly making fun of that nurse...

(The one I'd thrown out 3 days ago)...
.
.
.
And high time for me to get home too.

Freddie Bartz was here to pump out the septic tank.
.
.
Cnv0563 by you.
Everybody knows Fred Bartz.
(Now you do too).


He is one of our local icons-
Always a smile too.

Loves his wife.
Loves his kids.
And works 2 fulltime jobs.

.
.

So now my septic is done for another year.
Thank you Fred.


I'd better close for today and get in the shower. Casey will be calling soon.

Love to all
Keep those thoughts and prayers coming!

XOXO
Anne
.

PS
 
Oh, and Fred told me such an awful story that happened to him last week.

His daughters car had broken down on HY 47-
(Near to Appleton, about 40 miles away).

She had called him and asked for his help.

So he took his wife and they went to pick her up; to get the car towed and repaired- and she was back on the road...

Coming through Appleton, Fred saw that the gas prices were a bit lower than they are in Green Bay.
(Not sure why this is, but it's always like that).

He didn't need much gas, but heck, a penny saved is still a penny. So he topped off his tank.

He and his wife go in to pay.
There is one man in line before them when a guy comes in behind them, literally pushing them out of the way.
?

WTH?

The guy also pushes the man in front of them.
He yanks both a bag and a gun out of his pockets and tells the cashier to put all of her money inn the bag.

She does as he asks.

The robber then turns to the first guy in line, points his gun and asks, "Did you see me rob this gas station?"
The man replies yes.

And the robber shoots him!
(OMG, and right in front of Fred and Marjorie)!
He then turns to Fred, and asks him
"Did you see me rob this gas station?"
Fred was looking at the guy on the floor, then replied. "No, but my wife did."
.
.
.

.
Yeah, well, ya gotta know Fred...
.
 
Oroginally posted to my Y! 360, Tuesday October 14, 2008 - 08:05am (CDT)

24 comments:

  1. Something wrong with Multiply?
    My editing is here...

    Her counts were back to normal again yesterday morning.
    But such pain!

    The nice lady doctor (hospitalist) was off, and now Casey has Dr. Hujuet. (sp). He has assured me he will be there all week. (damn).
    He is more than a bit (way too much for me) opinionated and smug. And I wish he wasn't as 2 faced as he is.
    I would not make that statement if I hadn't seen that arrogance on more than one occasion either.

    (CLICK HERE for what she'd experienced under his 'watch' in March).

    And for what she went through the day after that-
    The feelings and her own words then,
    so accurately reflecting her diminished spirit now.
    CLICK PLEASE.
    This doctor had told her that she was to eat a full menu, and to force herself to eat.
    So she ordered food.
    We picked her off the bathroom floor.
    Twice.
    That bastard of a doctor to do this to her after she was on ICE CHIPS?

    They took over 20 minutes to respond to her light being on, while she dry heaved on the floor of the bathroom, unable to walk, or even to move.

    Yes, I marched right down to the nurses staition after she got a bolus of zofran for her nausea.
    AND I FRICKIN DEMANDED THAT THEY CALL DR HUJUET AND GET HIM ON THE PHONE FOR ME.
    I then demanded a new amylase and lipase count.
    He thought meybe they should do that.
    WHAT?
    Of course they should.
    (And wouldn't you know, her counts had more than doubled in those few minutes)?
    I am very very very angry...
    Why the hell put her through such pain???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bart would never do that. Good story though. Tell Dr Hujuet to check for liver flukes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that story at the end! Goodness!! Always love all the pictures you put with you blogs! I had so many blogs to go over with you I figured I read them all and then start a fresh with commenting if that's okay. I am sorry Casey is still in the hospital and I love her pants!! Love the froggies!! What an awful doctor to do that! Doctors really annoy me lots! I'll continue to pray!! I hope your Tuesday will be! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete


  4. Sweet Stanger;
    On my parents graves I told the story exactly as Fred told me.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Rock,
    Glad things are going well at the house.. now we just gotta get Casey doing better. Doctors sometimes can be so full of themselves.. Heck not just doctors but many others in places where they are in control.

    My prayers will continue.. but it sure is nice to see a smile on her face.

    I have a feeling... Mr Fred has a bit of sense of humor..hehe LOL on that story.

    Hugs to you and Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Sheri;
    I'll take the pants as a compliment. (I got them for her). hehehe

    As far as the doctors go,
    being annoying is one thing. But I swear this one is a sadist...

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Connie!
    Guess you don't have to wonder why Fred is so well loved 'round these parts.
    JT reminds me of Fred- I rather imagine YOU have your own hands full keeping up with him!
    Well, 'cept for one little difference that is. hehehe

    Oh, and I believe I may have knocked that doctor down a notch (or two).
    And I know I probably shouldn't 'lose my head' like that, but I am getting SO freakin' p*ssed off.

    Time for me to fly!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete


  8. Amen to that.
    It is amazing and wonderful what a hypo of Zofran will do to a person.


    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how I feel about doctors... I swear they are just there for a paycheck... And I also think that how they treat you depends on what kind of insurance you have... That's a can of worms I don't wanna open right now...

    It is good to see Casey smile. Such a strong willed young lady! She has been through alot, too much, for being so young...

    I'm not sure but they could be collecting urine to do a protein count (?) I had to do that when I was pregnant though so not sure why they're doing it for Casey....

    Keeping y'all in my prayers!

    *hugs*

    Love Ya,

    Slurkie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I love that picture of Miss Milly, such a sweet face!

    As for waking up with Punk in your face, at least she woke you up and didn't "make" in the house. Good Dog!

    As for Casey face, it sounds like Dr Hujuet isn't safe to be around, much less be a patient of. When do you think Casey will be transferred?

    You have your septic tank pumped out every year?! My septic tank is 23 years old and has never been pumped out, but then again all the detergent from my sinks and laundry goes out to the woods as grey water. In my house only the toilets and showers empty into the septic, which really helps the septic system.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Casey's silly. A little known cause of pancreatitis. Some 30,000,000 people worldwide have them. Get em from eating fish.
    Best,
    -Stanger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heya Sis,
    I have written it on the board to ask the doctor about today. I do have the jack@$$ still, but I'll try to get it through his thick skull... Ugh, I hate him...
    Love you!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already told Casey what my thoughts were on the whole thing...


    They involved a good swift kick.

    She was giggling by the time we were done.

    Hope today is better.

    Hope the urine fairy comes soon (That is a joke only Casey will get)

    And hope you don't get any more "poopy dogs"......

    ReplyDelete
  14. You only get the septic tank cleaned out once a year? I guess you aren't as full of crap as I thought. hehehe
    Keep taking care of your family, your strength is a wonder to behold. Be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU SNOTBALL!!!

    I was so worried about Fred and thinking about the family of the poor guy who got shot! Tell him that he really should work on the severity of the jokes that he makes into personal stories before actually doing it! Fooled me though...

    That is ironic that an Herbalife van is parked outside the hospital. It would be even more funny if the owner/distributor of the product was the one inside!

    Must be nice to wake up in your own bed....... :( Hopefully they will stop messing with my pancreas and I can get out of here soon...

    I'm glad Punkie and Miller eating their veggies. It's always such a challenge to get dogs to eat them!

    Yesterday was awful. The pain hit like a freight train and the nausea/dry heaves were sudden and violent. Sorry about throwing my cell phone at you yesterday but I knew that it was all coming and I had to make it to the bathroom. Which I did, barely. right after shutting the door is when my legs gave out. I started to heave and realized I couldn't reach the toilet... Good thing there was a random bucket on the floor in there.

    All I kept thinking was, "Gee Dr. Hujet, do you think THIS IS BETTER?!?!?!" UGH

    Then my pain was awful for the rest of the night. Went through another episode that was similar to the first, but more mild, later last night. Greg and the nurse helped me through it. Since I couldn't walk at all without collapsing anymore, they had to put a portable commode next to my bed so that I wouldn't hurt myself getting to the bathroom at night...

    Okay, enough about Dr. Jack@$$...

    It was great having visitors yesterday and to have you here with me every day. It makes this whole isolation thing easier...

    Well, I'm going to eat lunch now and see how my pancreas reacts to that...

    Love you much much,
    ~CaseyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne,

    I'm so glad you sent me this page! I feel bad for losing touch with everyone. Seeing your page really picked up my spirits! I feel bad that Casey is going through another rough time. My gosh, it doesn't seem to end. I can't believe that nobody has found the reasons for her illness or has been able to keep her from the ongoing episodes! All their education, and no one can figure it out?!?

    I'm going to have to call or send mail by pony express...maybe both. I will fill you in on the 'drama down here'. In perspective, Casey is going through much worse than I could imagine.

    My Thoughts and Prayers have always been with you and will continue to be. Hugs to you and Casey and your families...and Punk and Miss Milly, too!

    XOXOXO Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure was hoping to find out that Miss Caseyface was outta the hospital and home where she belongs. I just wish they'd figure something out. Sounds to me like that doctor doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground beings he told Casey she HAD to eat. Like he didn't know that all it would do is make her sick. Please give Miss Casey a huge hug for me. Please keep us posted.

    That story was terrible...lol!!! Had me going until I read that last line.

    Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fred huh.. I got one of them but he goes by Jim..lol Hey! I got Froggy paints.. and was nic-named froggy because I squat vs sitting on my butt when outdoors..lol My friend John says if someone was to scare me I could leap to the other side of our campsite..lol Hope Casey is feeling better today! Hugs, Sheila

    ReplyDelete

  19. I shall post an update in my note to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

  20. Heya SlurkieBaby...
    I asked a doctors wife once... She said he had a special purpose...
    hehehe
    (Why am I thinking about Steve Martin)?

    Casey IS hanging in there.
    And loving all the hugs thoughts and prayers too!

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  21. Sweet RT,
    Miss Milly is wonderful!
    But not pregnant either.

    Funny when I was in the room the past couple of visits, the Dr. was really nice.
    ?

    I have my 2000 gallon concrete septic tank pumped out every year because I have this fear of having it back up in the middle of winter.
    No it does not have to be done that often. (But 23 years is living on a prayer too).
    My gray water, save for the kitchen sink, does not go into the septic tank either.
    And I feed my tank too.
    Just am not taking any chances. Kind of eccentric that way.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete