[My] Life in Wisconsin

Day One of Our Trip to Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan

















.
.
Good Afternoon!
Casey and I left last week, heading to The Soo.
We made it to St. Ignace that first day- Her tummy and my back refusing to travel that last hour, and knowing we had already pushed it for the day...

We would have stayed at the Kewadin Hotel, but they had recently changed their pet~friendly policy. So... on down the road. We stayed at a little motel- (Can't even remember the name of it right now), but the gal that ran it is one in a million! 
Punk~friendly too!

AND, a mere 20 steps or so away from this...
.
.
.
Cnv0777

Lake Huron, Sunrise.
Can you feel it? Hear it? Smell it?



Neither Casey nor myself had really eaten anything- Casey had a sandwich for lunch, but it was time to eat a bit more...

.
.
Cnv0772
Casey- enjoying her steak!
(Sorry, obviously I didn't have the flash on)...
.
.

Only one little wrench in the works came when I had an anxiety attack smack dab in the middle of supper-
We asked for some doggie bags and finished our meal at the motel..

After a night of relaxation, and listening to the beach, I woke about 7 to let Punk out.
We walked down on the beach... But it wasn't time to go in yet.
She had to investigate a bit...
.
.
.
Cnv0768

She adored the smells of the campfire!
.
.
.

.
Cnv0782
And also loved going through the tall grasses
.
.
.
Cnv0876
She found one little patch that she loved the most...
.
.
By then it was high time to take off the leash and the collar...
.
  .
.
Cnv0785
And she ran and ran through the waves...
.
.
.
Cnv0786
And the other way too!
.
.
But this would be even MORE fun when Casey got a stick...
.
.
Cnv0793
.
.
A few tosses nearer to the shore, and then she flung it out really far...
.
.
.
.



Cnv0791
.
.
Heart attack central--- That darn dog even went under a few times.
(I remember thinking that I would rescue her with a cane and a back brace on).




.
Cnv0795
.
Guess Punk was just finding that stick!
.
.
.
Cnv0789
.
And back she came for more and more!
.
.
Tiring her out, and now having a chance to slow my heart rate, we went back to the table outside the room and dried her off with the doggie towels the lady had given us.
Time to do her ears also.

Right next door to us was another couple of travelers from down Cadillac way.
They had their dog too.
Her name is "Babe".
.
.
Cnv0796 
Such a nice reminder of Miss Milly too.
.
.
Especially when she looked right at me...
.
.
Cnv0798 
.
.
.
Please do not think that amiable dog posture lasted long.
Not sure who touched who, but of a sudden there were many growling noises.
(I didn't know that Casey could move that fast either)! hehehe

But all's well that ends well.
The pups made up, and we three were off to The Soo!
(Much more later)...

Love to all

XOXO
Me

20 comments:

  1. I loved this blog sweet Anna, seeing punk play in the water what a wonderful gift you have in Punk oh my that look on her face while looking at the other dog cracked me up. she constantly entertains me lucky lucky you to have her. I hope you are out having fun as I type this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Huron looks gorgeous! I really wish I could hear it and feel it :)

    I know you had been looking forward to going and am SO glad that you actually got to go! Next time I'm gonna hide in your suitcase so I can go too! hehehe

    I bet Punk was exhausted after playing and swimming in the lake. The pic of Babe looking at you, Punk is looking at her like, "That's MY Mom and you can't have her!"

    Can't wait to see more! Hope your back is being good today!

    Love Ya!

    Slurkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all that. It's almost as if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...how calming that water and beach look!

    Punk sure knows how to have a good time. Absolutely amazing how a dog can pinpoint the location of a STICK underwater! You know I have seen where they use dogs to locate bodies of drowning victims under water. God certainly gave them good noses!!

    That dog looks like a reincarnated version of Miss Milly! Wow! I wonder if Punk was having flashbacks too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty. jealous of your need/want of a jacket. looking forward to the rest of your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures took me back to when I was a kid and we visited our grandparents and cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww.... Babe does rather resemble Miss Milly.

    Great pictures!

    Surprised that she does not do her wave hopping with her mouth open in the way of great retrievers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog with wonderful pictures!! Enjoyed every minute of it.

    I thought you were coming to Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario, Canada!! I suppose you thought I had
    gone bonkers when I talked about it. LOL

    You just never know with me, eh?? Looks like you had great fun this day. At least Punk did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place to stay and it looks like it was easy to enjoy by most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mommy,

    I believe it was the "Lakeview" Motel... Either that or it was Lakeside... Not too sure, but it sure was cozy and had great scenery!

    I can't believe I polished off that entire steak plus the potatoes, plus a few of those fish bites!! Guess I was really hungry! Now, what I want to know is WHERE DID IT GO??? :D

    The picture of Punkie with that clump of grass looks like she is seriously contemplating something! It's just a gorgeous shot! I think it was intentional that when she'd bring that piece of wood back to me she'd wait until I was bending down to pick it up and THEN she'd shake off; right in my face! She got your camera lens a few times, too!

    Boy, did that "Babe" look just like Milly!! So great we got to see her and get a pic of her with Punk!

    Love you Much Much!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev!

    We have visited the other Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario, but that was before we needed passports to do so... :( It was fun and we got to see some great views of the lock from that side!

    Now it'll cost us around $100 to get the passport just to go a few miles... Maybe if we traveled more... Just seems a little ridiculous if you ask me! It's Canada, not like we're trying to get into Germany!

    Hopefully some day we can get over there again!

    Love to you!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find for a place to stay.. Love that view! Looks like Punk enjoyed it also and yep she did look very much like Miss Milly!


    Yep I would have been having heart attacks too..hehe Like watching your child jump off the high board into the deep end of the pool for the first time. hehe

    Now the question is .. did they help you????

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry that I missed this one. Looks like a lovely place. Glad to see casey eating

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Lake shots....who says lakes are nothing like oceans? Miles of water, no salt, no sharks, no jelly fish....I'm in :)
    Don't get me wrong, I love the ocean....but I am at home by the lake.

    The shot with babe could very easily be taken for another shot with Milli from last year. So sweet.

    I'm glad Miss Punk didn't drown....she really loved that stick to go diving down in the lake for it....retrievers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, glad to see that you are alive and well....lol....I have not been on here for quite a while and so lost touch. We have been wondering about you both, hoping all is well. Mel progressing a step at a time...Weather still HOT...have to look up and see what Soo is, but be safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great time was had by all--sorry to hear about your supper interruption--was the bill too high?--Great pics of the lake and Punk looks right at home there---Babe is the spitting image of ole Milly---God bless and have a safe trip home-(-if you aren't there yet-)-LOL
    all the Love, Geege

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you two had a nice time ...Sorry you had the panic attack but sounds like things worked out .. The pics are lovely and its not hard to tell that Punk really enjoyed all this ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Punk and Casey look like they had great fun. You sound like you did also. I'm glad, you haven't had much fun this summer.

    XOXO
    Snotball

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the pictures of home! Well, actually, Flint MI is home, specifically Flushing. I miss Michigan (in Portland OR now). I followed a comment on Astra's page to get here - was trying to find out if you are also from Flint. ??
    I'll leave my only comment here as I'm supposed to be getting ready for work. I'll be back though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely blog and the pics were beautiful .. I love the looks of the area you stayed in and I bet it was very relaxing and peaceful ..

    ReplyDelete