[My] Life in Wisconsin

Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy


Lady V, up her tree!



Happy New Year Everyone!

I was unsure, and skeptical of any resolution this year, but I can prattle endlessly about making one up. hehehe
  • I know already that I won't be quitting smoking.
  • I know already that I won't stop cussing as I ram my toe into the floor register at 3AM.
  • I know that I probably won't go on a starvation diet under any pretense of liking myself more.
    • I already know that I like myself just fine.
      • Besides, I LOVE cooking way too much!

Having received this I have realized that perhaps only one of these could be a wonderful resolution for anyone!

Whatever your resolutions, may 2010 be our very best year ever!
Happy Happy New Year to all.


My love and peace.

XOXO
Me


************

**  Resolutions for 2010 and beyond...  **



Health:

  • Drink plenty of water.

  • Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar. In between please work off as many of those calories as you possibly can.

  • Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

  • Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy

  • Make time to pray.

  • Play more games

  • Read more books, and articles; retain more information than you did in 2009.

  • Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.

  • Learn self-hypnosis or biofeedback

  • Sleep for 7 hours- (Concurrently or cumulatively does not matter).

  • Take a 10-30 minute walk daily.
    • While you walk, smile.
      • Carry your camera.
    • Carry a little bag with you and pick up one piece of garbage/refuse each time you walk, even if it's only a leaf.

  • Everything has its own story, even a little piece of trash. Learn it.
    • Have your children make a story up.

  • Write down your dream(s) every morning before you get out of bed, or as you may remember them throughout the day.
    • They will make sense to you after a month or so.



Personality:

  • Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
    • Walk that mile in their shoes before casting aspersions or judgments

  • Don't have negative thoughts for things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

  • Don't over~do anything.
    • Realize and respect your own limits.

  • Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

  • Never waste your time gossiping about your friends. That is what the news is for..

  • Dream more while you are awake. Write these down too.
    • Make it a point to share your dreams with someone you love and trust.

  • Envy is not only a waste of time, but also one of the 7 Deadly Sins.
    • Know that you already have all that you need.
      • Be thankful for it.

  • Forget negative issues of the past.
    • Don't remind the people that love you with the mistakes of the past; it will only ruin your present happiness.

  • Let Go and Let God, no matter your Faith.

  • Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
    • Remove the word "hate" from your vocabulary, (and from your childrens too).

  • Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

  • Know this:
    • No one is in charge of your happiness except for you.

  • Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn
    • Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class; but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

  • Smile and laugh more. 
    • Genuine "belly laughs" are best. The kind that loudly brings you to tears, and makes your tummy hurt from lack of oxygen


  • You don 't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree, but make it a point to learn a little something from everyone.



Society:

  • Call those that you love often.

  • Each day give something good to others.
    • A compliment. Encouragement. A belly laugh.

  • Forgive everyone for everything.
    • If it won't matter in 5 years, it does not matter now.

  • Spend more time with more people over the age of 70, & under the age of 6.
    • Listen carefully, and respectfully, to them both.

  • Try to make at least three people smile each day.

  • What other people think of you is none of your business.
    • Even if you know what they think, don't make it matter.

  • Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Your family will. Remain in touch.



Life:

  • Do the right thing! Make the right choices so that you regret nothing-
    • If you mess up, deal with it, make it better, and move on.

  • Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
    • Share it with someone who either needs it, or thinks it IS beautiful or joyful.

  • Remember that GOD heals everything.

  • However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

  • No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.

  • The best is yet to come. (It better be).

  • When you awake above ground in the morning, be thankful for it.

  • Your innermost self is always happy.
    • Don't fight it, simply be happy.



Last but not the least:
  • Share this with everyone you care about, I just did.    


What is YOUR resolution for the new year?


57 comments:

  1. Reading this was a great way to start the year off right. Thank you for posting it sweet Annie.

    My resolution is the same as it is every year. Somehow I've never seemed to nail it. So I keep trying. It is to spend more time thinking positively, and to not waste even a minute of my precious lifetime thinking negatively.
    Sounds easy - but it's hard!

    What a sweet picture of the beautiful Miss Valerie at the top.

    Have a HaPpY HaPpY 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great words.
    I don't usually have Resolutions cuz im too damned lazy to follow thru.
    But having said that...this year I made one, just one & I'm gonna see it thru.
    I'm gonna be Happy ...no matter what.
    Happy New Year to one of the BEST ! Much Love
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was absolutely great, thanks for sharing.

    My New Year's Resolution is to get my current health issues in check. I have already worked out my own plan of action. The phone will be busy come Monday morning.

    My second resolution is to give more to God through prayer. He has been very helpful, more times than I can list here, after prayer. Yet, I still find myself trying to do things on my own. (I started with my first resolution)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My resolution for the coming year is to just get thru the day at hand and not sweating the small stuff...since no one is promised a tomorrow. Plus around here any day without some kind of health crisis is a good day(ok..Drew has a blood clot in the foot thats getting the skin grafts and up on his stomach area....so today is not quite crisis free).
    Hope ya'll have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's hard.
    I once gave a Tupperware party and only George Clooney showed up. I tried not to think on the negative side of things, but it was very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♪ Why am I now singing "Don't worry, be happy" ? ♪

    ReplyDelete

  7. Hold the presses! Cancel that song!

    Um... One of the best what?!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Prayers are great. Mama always said that more things are wrought by prayer than what the world would ever know.
    Plans of action are great too!
    Not so great for your new doctor would be the fact that you have already logged 1000+ hours reading about your health and all of its implications that you will be knowing exactly what that doctor is thinking at any given moment.

    Doing things on my own would be that I am going to have another Tupperware party...

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, please tell Mr Drew that this is NO WAY to begin the New Year! hehehe

    With much due respect past current health of your family (and mine), it is ALL small stuff! Much like pregnant teenagers and life itself, we have had to learn that hard and fast.

    Even in those crises, you and I have already learned to toss out anything innocuous or harmful to our own psyches. If anything threatens the alignment of our positive energy and thoughts on these days it is gone, whether by choice or by chance makes no never mind to me. Just toss it out... Sometimes that's people too.
    At least that is how I operate, best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dont really make resolutions.. I do resolve to be the best person I can be, but that is just a resolution I try to live by daily and not just once a year.

    I do like your little email... I think its a beautimous thing.

    Hope you have a wonderful new Year full of love and happiness and a bounty of everything you need.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup! Smile and laugh. That's my usual one and I think I'll stick with it. You can have such glorious fun with it, especially in the street. Grin at a total stranger and see what happens. They either grin back, or look shocked, horrified or worried. You can imagine them thinking, ' What's she grinning at ME for? Have I got toothpaste across my face?' It's brilliant!

    Have a super 2010 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! I love this list! Thank you for sharing it, I think I am going to print it out and put it on my fridge as it is a good reminder to see as much as possible - especially for those times when we feel low.....{{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. If that had been me I would've thrown all the Tupperware out on the front porch, locked the door, turned off all the lights and kept George all to myself. After all a hard man is good to find, and to hell with the Tupperware! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you think there's even a chance that George will show up again - CALL ME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! WOW! does a double take, yep I am reading it right! *giggles* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, but these are SO easy!
    Having tried and failed (about 50 times), even I thought I wouldn't be able to make even one resolution anymore.
    The only one I ever kept was my dads.
    "Learn something new every day!" And I do!

    PS
    You DO know that we all get a "do~over" on our birthdays anyway, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie, you are right - a hard man is good to find! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, I said "a hard man is good to find". Annie said George Clooney was hard, um... I think her exact words were "very hard".
    ROFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHAHA

    You just reminded me of laughing out loud on the 'skool' bus!
    One person would start it, (usually Kathy White or Beverly Borowitz), and soon the whole bus would be grinning, then laughing. Even Bob Rhodes, the bus driver for Malchow Bus, would be smiling and driving.

    When Cathy and Bev graduated, someone had to carry on for those next two years... (Another rough job, but SOMEONE had to do it)!

    Laughing at the toothpaste thing too. Just last month I was somewhere with Casey, and I see her pointing to her face.
    Of course there was nothing on her face. Just a bit of toothpaste on my own...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought it way to great NOT to share too!
    Make a few copies and mail them to people that don't have internet. I am planning on doing that too!

    ReplyDelete

  21. Lights ON Baby!
    I wanted to see that face as... Well YOU know.
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would've been looking at a lot more yummy places than just his face.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL!
    NO FAIR! - you're supposed to share with your friends!

    ReplyDelete


  24. I am happy you read it right! hehehe

    Now where the hell did you find it to highlight it?!?
    (It is The New Year Day, and I have gone blind)???



    ReplyDelete
  25. Well Annie, I've already accomplished two things on your resolution list today.
    ~Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
    ~Smile and laugh more.
    Genuine "belly laughs" are best. The kind that loudly brings you to tears, and makes your tummy hurt from lack of oxygen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hard vs Very Hard?! ROTF!!! Adequate either way
    (He's no spring chicken either)...

    ReplyDelete

  27. hehehe
    And like I said, I am not going to diet!


    ReplyDelete
  28. No.
    It's the Holidaze. All my presents are mine, and I don't hafta share if'n I don't wanna.

    ReplyDelete

  29. God help me, where this blog went!


    *still laughing*...


    ReplyDelete
  30. I know! It started out so sweet and innocent and took a turn to George's hard-on! LOL-LOL-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seriously.

    I have to thank you sweetie.




    I haven't laughed this hard in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are most welcome!

    Now you did know that Sean Connery likes Lia Sophia, didn't you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet Mommy!

    I absolutely LOVE those advice columns for the New Year... Now if we could all work on that stuff, the world will be much better to live in!!!

    Okay, now I must go and eat something!

    Oh, my new year resolution:
    ** DON'T LOSE ANY MORE FRIGGEN ORGANS!!!!**

    And there we have it! :D

    Love you MUCH MUCH!!
    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Glad I had my response in mind, and posted before reading the comments, or I would've forgotten what the heck I was going to write!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

    Where was I during this TupperClooney party???? Sounds like it could've been interesting!!! Mmmm... Clooney is quite the eye candy!! So is Bruce Willis... Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm...

    Of course Greg beats all of them!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like this list... And there are a few things listed that I could work on...

    As for Clooney... BACK OFF SISTER HE'S MINE!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOL this blog has me cracking up here .. I don't make NO resolutions ..Why do it and then be down on myself when I fail , which I usually do .. I just wanna be happy ... OH OH Ooooooooo at George Clooney , he certainly is not hard on the eyes ..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Add me as one you made smile today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the last one best: # Your innermost self is always happy.

    * Don't fight it, simply be happy.

    ReplyDelete

  39. Yeah well, maybe you should try digesting it too.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  40. You weren't invited.
    I forgot to add that George was the only person I HAD invited.
    hehehe

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  41. And it so easy, right! That's why I loved it!
    Kind of hard to screw up the easy stuff!

    XOXO
    Me

    PS
    George was easy too.

    ReplyDelete

  42. I am giggling at your double negative in that second sentence!
    hehehe

    I just wanna be happy too.
    ...And I shall be plenty happy when these next surgeries are over for KC.

    XOXO
    Me

    ReplyDelete

  43. hehehe

    Happy to accommodate!

    Now maybe I shall write a blog and make a few more smiles!

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  44. Since I am a "noise~in~the~background" addict the hardest one for me will be the 10 little minutes of silence.
    It frustrates me to no end that I can't do the hypnosis when I am doing the silent. hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  45. Since I am a "noise~in~the~background" addict the hardest one for me will be the 10 little minutes of silence.
    It frustrates me to no end that I can't do the hypnosis when I am doing the silent. hehehe

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  46. :O

    LMAOOOOOOO

    Well a hard man IS good to find, right?? ;-)

    ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  47. I always thought a hard man was EASY to find

    ReplyDelete
  48. Guess that all depends on where you're lookin', LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  49. all men are easy, the trick is to finding the easy one you want to be easy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love some of these saying Anna, one has to look into some of them to know what they mean

    ReplyDelete